Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

How Are You Promoting Your Mother Tongue? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Are You Promoting Your Mother Tongue? (522 Views)

Is It Truly Important To Know Your Mother Tongue? / Use Your Mother Tongue In All Social Gatherings – Ohanaeze Tells Ndigbo / Igbo Children's Inability To Speak The Mother Tongue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Are You Promoting Your Mother Tongue? by Appswheel(m): 8:24am On Feb 23, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=678jwEOsRoI

My friend, Aboje Ocholofu talks about preserving our Mother tongue in an interview with Television Continental (TVC). Are you making any effort to preserve your mother tongue or you are one of those Mothers/Fathers/Uncles/Aunties without tongue?

I am particularly disturbed about the preference of English names to our indigenous names by young parents. Anastasia, Fredrick, Derrick, Serena chosen over beautiful names like Ufedo, Ife, Ayo, Ebun, Ngozi etc

My country people, make Oyibo no take everything wey we get from us na. I love my local dialect, Owe Language.. Can you speak and write your dialect?

What are you doing to preserve your Mother tongue?
Re: How Are You Promoting Your Mother Tongue? by orisa37: 8:46am On Feb 23, 2017
Go and Teach The Ten Commandments every where in your Mother Tongue.
Re: How Are You Promoting Your Mother Tongue? by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 23, 2017
The kind thick native names I will give my kids eh...grin

I'm digging deep to give them a significant and authentic ethnic name.

I can speak my dialect. but I can't write it very well.

I wish Nigerian parents will stop giving their kids white/foreign names only or as first name.
eg Sofia, Anastasia, Michelle, Maya, mykayla and bla bla bla.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What I Am Proud Of (from The Past To The Present) / 5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Whatsapp / Awujale Finally React To Rumours About His Death. "I am Alive, Hale and Hearty"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.