Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,231 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert (22778 Views)

Shea Butter Prevent You From Having Coronavirus- Nigerians In China Reveals. VID / "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses / ‘I Lost Over 19 Babies’;Lady Who Gave Birth To Baby Girl Narrates Ordeal. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by madridguy(m): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
Good innovation.

1 Like

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by absoluteSuccess: 2:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
mmsen:

Would I wish what for myself?

Would you want to have a baby or not?

Be mindful of what you want.
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2017
ourema:
Twins and multiple babies will no longer be a privilege of selected few due to heredity but it will be a matter of choice

yep.

that's why Beyonce is having twins.

I think I will do the same and save myself the trouble of getting pregnant twice.

1 Like

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2017
We r becoming gods gradually
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by YOUNGrapha(m): 2:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
ehen yemi need to see this grin she keep disturbing me to arrange for our marriage as par tym no dey cry...
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by jrusky(m): 2:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nice one where is that Stone Age Health Minister of apc Hope this Dr that broke this news has gone to to take permission from the brainless apc health minister

Thanks so much doctor if you statement were to be correct and medically proven, keep the good job and don't forget to send a copy of this news to the so called Nigeria Female Yeyebrities who are still waiting for Angel Gabriel to come and proposed to them that its like even at their 60 or 75 years of age their is still hope may be they will be the next Sarah of this generation no one can tell.

God bless doctor keep the good work I know some people will not be happy because when ordinary local Govt Chairman who was a graduate History was chosen to to be health minister simply because he made so much loud noise during election what do we expect Hope they have not ask the doctor yet who permitted him Only God knows.
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by realmindz: 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
Alsini6:
We r becoming gods gradually
actually, we are greater than the gods
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by okeayomide9: 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2017
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
grin
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by creamylicious(f): 2:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
it doesn't come cheap !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by mmsen: 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

Would you want to have a baby or not?

Be mindful of what you want.

I do not need to have children to feel purpose or feel better about myself.

If I should decide that I need a child in my life there are thousands of children in need of adoption in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by Mandateinfinito(m): 2:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
mmsen:
As if Nigeria needs more babies.

Teach people to take care of the people already in existence before encouraging the continuance of this culture of reckless breeding.

Not everybody needs to have a child.
Heyyyyy! What do u mean?
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by Mandateinfinito(m): 2:48pm On Feb 23, 2017
That's nice!
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by absoluteSuccess: 2:53pm On Feb 23, 2017
mmsen:

If I should decide that I need a child in my life there are thousands of children in need of adoption in Nigeria.

Whatever is paramount or purpose to you comes afterwards your birth as human.

To foster human race is a choice, but what if the adoptive ones are not available?

Your disdain is some sort of LGBT mentality, a biological degradation of mankind.

1 Like

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by mekd: 3:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
What's the cost now
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by mmsen: 3:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

Whatever is paramount or purpose to you comes afterwards your birth as human.

To foster human race is a choice, but what if the adoptive ones are not available?

Your disdain is some sort of LGBT mentality, a biological degradation of mankind.

It isn't disdain - it's called reason.

And I am in no way attached to any LGBT community. Your assertion is illogical, if anything the people most in need of IVF would be homosexuals who cannot hope to have a baby in the natural way because they do not engage in heterosexual activity.

Nigeria already has a sky high birth rate - it's logical that people first learn to take care of the ones that we already have before adding to the number. Learn to take care of children and learn to take care of expectant mothers so that the number of women who die in and around childbirth is negligible. That would be a far more fitting program than increasing the use of IVF.

Even an slowpoke such as Sanusi has acknowledged that Nigeria needs to take control of its birth rate. This despite the fact that he has several children and taken another, teenage, wife.

1 Like

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by Dareomo(m): 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
God is great
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by joepepsy(m): 3:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
Why are you so insensitive?
Fataijulius527:
Linda ikeji come n see grin angry sad shocked tongue embarassed

1 Like

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by odimbannamdi(m): 3:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
9jakohai:
OK....Big problems

1.So, a woman gets pregnant for the first time, at 69 years of age (yes it has happened).Can the body stand up to the rigors of pregnancy? Can the body at that age stand up to any post pregnancy complications? And what if the woman has things like hypertension and diabetes? Won't it be tough...especially as we have to pump hormones into her body to sustain the pregnancy?

2.Woman has baby at 60. By 75...the child would be a teenager. Can she look after a teenager at that age? Plus...the older you get, the chances are that you would die sooner rather than later. So, a child is going to worry about old mama dying before he or she reaches adulthood?

Sorry....but post menopausal women have no business having babies.

Your point is very valid.

A woman who is described as being menopausal now has had over 30years of being fertile and able to get pregnancies normally. It is absolutely her fault that she didnt get pregnant when she should (at least, in our morally bankrupt time, a woman can get pregnant without being pregnant)

Artificially inciting menopausal women to carry pregnancies, to me, is not morally right and bodily healthy.

Nature should be allowed to take its course. Science should be channel its efforts towards achieving feats like resurrection from the dead biko
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by bukatyne(f): 3:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nothing new
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by bukatyne(f): 3:54pm On Feb 23, 2017
ahamonyeka:
Aunty Kemi olunloyo will be glad to read this.

If I remember correctly, her son clocked 30 few days ago.
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by Nickymezor(f): 3:55pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nice one
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by DEEKAH7(m): 4:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
this IVF does it work for couples with AS Genotypes?

plz i need a reply from anybdy da has an answer...
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by GodsLastBorn: 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
Biggty:
Good news to all the sisters in thier 40s and 50s who are still single and searching
Lol which breast is the baby going to suckle? Fallen Olympus? with the stress of taking care of a baby to raising the baby to a teenager and you want a baby at age 45-80 years?! really?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by forandy(m): 4:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
Ghen gheeeen shocked shocked shocked
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by FBIL: 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2017
Mr. Doctor..! All you have said here aren't completely true. There are cases of women who had successful IVF at age 50plus but ended up having imbeciles. I have seen about two...!! Most Nigerian doctors have low knowledge of medicine because they have little International exposure, and many have refused to embrace research. My friend on NHIS, went to FMC Ado-Ekiti for medical help, the doctor diagnosed malaria and gave him drugs on NHIS. Upon taking 2 dozes of the drugs, he lost his voice completely, became weak and lost appetite for food. He managed to call me on phone. I'm not a doctor though..! I said scan your result to my ''Whatsapp''. And I immediately asked him to discard the entire drugs given by the doctor. I sent him a brand of antimalaria combined with a brand of antibiotic. He obeyed me and managed to reach ''Old Garage area'' for the drugs. Two days later, he recovered his voice completely and became well. But instead of him to thank God for having me, he took a mufty-wearing policeman to embarrass the doctor for giving him fake drugs. The doctor gently pleaded with them and revealed that he knew the medicine wasn't going to work but was constrained by NHIS coverage to give him low-potent drugs whose costs are within NHIS. Who do you blame here: Doctor, Patient or NHIS?
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by absoluteSuccess: 4:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
mmsen:

It isn't disdain - it's called reason.

And I am in no way attached to any LGBT community. Your assertion is illogical, if anything the people most in need of IVF would be homosexuals who cannot hope to have a baby in the natural way because they do not engage in heterosexual activity.

Nigeria already has a sky high birth rate - it's logical that people first learn to take care of the ones that we already have before adding to the number. Learn to take care of children and learn to take care of expectant mothers so that the number of women who die in and around childbirth is negligible. That would be a far more fitting program than increasing the use of IVF.

Even an slowpoke such as Sanusi has acknowledged that Nigeria needs to take control of its birth rate. This despite the fact that he has several children and taken another, teenage, wife.

I assume everyone is entitled to their opinion, the joy of motherhood is to bear a pregnancy and have a child. It is not the statute of a nation but the earnest expectation of nature. Its ok if it is controlled through family or social education for the good of the state.

But to look at the sacred process of conception and delivery and even the continuum of procreation the way you did in your first post is unethical and it undermines the mystery of motherhood and need for offspring. You can't speak for people you don't appreciate.

Mothers, and the process of becoming one.

1 Like

Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by ourema(f): 4:47pm On Feb 23, 2017
Joavid:

yep.

that's why Beyonce is having twins.

I think I will do the same and save myself the trouble of getting pregnant twice.
I have a set of twins without having a history of parents who had twins. My husband never had such history too. Things like these are common these days maybe due to improve medication
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by haulforte123: 4:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
HaulForte Resources

OUR SWIFT SERVICES

1) Import and Export
2) Haulage
3) Shipment
4) Customs Clearing
5) Logistics
6) Procurement

To place your order;

Go to:info@haulforte.com
Visit: www.haulforte.com
Call: +234 812 136 2702
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by laudate: 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
mmsen:

It is easy to identify teenagers, when they start recycling their shallow ideologies..... cheesy
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by mmsen: 4:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

I assume everyone is entitled to their opinion, the joy of motherhood is to bear a pregnancy and have a child. It is not the statute of a nation but the earnest expectation of nature. Its ok if it is controlled through family or social education for the good of the state.

But to look at the sacred process of conception and delivery and even the continuum of procreation the way you did in your first post is unethical and it undermines the mystery of motherhood and need for offspring. You can't speak for people you don't appreciate.

Mothers, and the process of becoming one.

Why is it unethical to suggest that not everyone should have children when not everybody wants children? And being a mother is about raising a child, lots of women give birth to children and then abandon them - we see stories everyday of one child of another being thrown in a gutter; or branded a witch, abused and left to die. Let us first embrace the science of raising children before we speak of celebrating the act of giving birth.

Your comment reminds me of the women who get very giddy about weddings but who do not know anything about the responsibility of being married and how much time, energy and patience it takes to build a healthy marriage. Raising a child is similar and that is why I fear so many young women have such a naive and childish take on child birth.

There is no 'mystery' to motherhood or procreation - we know about the sexual process and we know about DNA. We do not live in the Middle Ages. And why do you people who speak with such starry eyes about motherhood not have the same fascination with creating a functioning society? What is the point of creating life if you're just going to throw them into a cesspool?
Re: Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert by laudate: 5:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
FBIL:
Mr. Doctor..! All you have said here aren't completely true. There are cases of women who had successful IVF at age 50plus but ended up having imbeciles. I have seen about two...!! Most Nigerian doctors have low knowledge of medicine because they have little International exposure, and many have refused to embrace research. My friend on NHIS, went to FMC Ado-Ekiti for medical help, the doctor diagnosed malaria and gave him drugs on NHIS. Upon taking 2 dozes of the drugs, he lost his voice completely, became weak and lost appetite for food. He managed to call me on phone. I'm not a doctor though..! I said scan your result to my ''Whatsapp''. And I immediately asked him to discard the entire drugs given by the doctor. I sent him a brand of antimalaria combined with a brand of antibiotic. He obeyed me and managed to reach ''Old Garage area'' for the drugs. Two days later, he recovered his voice completely and became well. But instead of him to thank God for having me, he took a mufty-wearing policeman to embarrass the doctor for giving him fake drugs. The doctor gently pleaded with them and revealed that he knew the medicine wasn't going to work but was constrained by NHIS coverage to give him low-potent drugs whose costs are within NHIS. Who do you blame here: Doctor, Patient or NHIS?

Both the doctor and the NHIS. That doctor should be flogged! angry He knew the drugs were not going to work, yet he still prescribed them for your friend? What if your friend's condition had worsened and he could not even reach out to you, or to anyone else for help? Do you realise that people still die of malaria, in this day and age? shocked The doctor had a duty to tell his patient the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth! He should have explained that the NHIS plan does not cover the medication needed to cure him, and so he should ask him to either pay more to cover the cost of the right drugs needed to treat him, or go outside to get the prescription for the right drugs, filled by a competent pharmacy. sad

The NHIS should also be blamed, for not being flexible enough with their plans. Some of their plans and processes are too rigid.

And finally, you are not a doctor but you are prescribing medication to someone who is ill. You try, sha for your friend. I must commend your ingenuity. undecided But wait o, what if something had gone wrong, or those drugs had caused complications for him? Some people develop an allergic reaction to certain drugs, and this could cost them their lives. angry Bottom line? Always appropriate seek medical advice. Get a 2nd or even a 3rd medical opinion, if necessary.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? / 10 Surprising Things You May Be Addicted To / Child Treated For HIV At Birth Remains Virus-Free Years After Final Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.