Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office (51316 Views)

Man Found Dead While Trying To Vandalize Transformer In Delta(photos) / Xenophobia: South Africans Looking For Nigerians & Other Foreigners (Photos) / Suspected Cultists Invade Surulere, Vandalize Cars, Steal Valuables (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by NorthernParrot: 3:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
A MTN staff who was in the premises when it happened said the staff scurried for safety while the attack lasted for some minutes before the intervention of security operatives.

“I just heard people running then I started running to hide and by the time we came out after the security operatives chased them out, they have packed all the laptops we used to work, all the phones on display for sale, they broke some computers and took people’s personal phones and money,” the staff who pleaded anonymity said.

The source added that cash were also taken but the amount could not be ascertained at the moment.
“They got into the premises, the windscreen of a car was broken , all the doors from the reception to the personal service were destroyed,” the staff said adding that the vandals were chanting xenophobia songs even after they were chased outside the premises by security operatives.

When contacted the FCT Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Manzah Anjuguri said he has not been briefed on the incident.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/city-news/xenophobia-protesters-vandalise-mtn-abuja-head-office/186612.html#TDEHGvIxQdA3YcVW.99

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Thewrath(m): 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
These South Africans got no clue how Mtn and dstv bleed us to continue running their economy effectively,bunch of ingrates!

I blame our govt and buhari most especially..

Meanwhile,they should do quick before buhari comes back o.

164 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
Oh well
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Holywizard: 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
congrats

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by sarrki(m): 3:42pm On Feb 23, 2017
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by sarrki(m): 3:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thewrath:
I see

?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Leobrain(m): 3:44pm On Feb 23, 2017
na ma area be dis, fire me;I fire u

11 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by hucienda: 3:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
Appears frustrated, recession-weary Nigerians are returning the favour to the South Africans.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nixiepie(f): 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
I would have supported this reprisals buh giving a second thought this action will render many Nigerians jobless .

Is good if we tread with caution

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Onechancearmy(m): 3:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
The level of lawlessness under the Buhari regime is getting out of hand. His regime is always helpless whenever there is lawlessness. MTN Nigeria is incorporated under the laws of Nigeria. 95% of its workers are Nigerians.

Not that many South Africans actually work in the junior and middle management of the company in Nigeria.

If this stup.id administration is not careful, at the end of the day Nigeria will lose both ways:

1. The deaths of Nigerians in South Africa will go unpunished;

2. The South Africans will divest and pull out billions of dollars from our economy not to mention thousands of jobs lost.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by sarrki(m): 3:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nixiepie:
I would have supported this reprisals buh giving a second thought this action will render many Nigerians jobless .

Is good if we trade with caution

We have individuals that will take over from their structures

All we need is to support them

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by sarrki(m): 4:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
Onechancearmy:
Even more stupidity from the Buhari regime. MTN Nigeria is incorporated under the laws of Nigeria. 95% of its workers are Nigerians.

Not that many South Africans actually work in the junior and middle management of the company in Nigeria.

If this stup.id administration is not careful, at the end of the day Nigeria will lose both ways:

1. The deaths of Nigerians will go unpunished;

2. The South Africans will divest and pull out billions of dollars from our economy not to mention thousands of jobs lost.

pained wailer spotted

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by okasebe(m): 4:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nigerians believe so much in karma
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Reprisal...yippee what a funny south African joke...

11 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
All MTN needs to do:

deduct equivalent of 30 sec call in Naira from all its subscriber here in Nigeria or

deduct 5mb data worth in Naira and call it system glitch.

and all losses are covered.

No matter how we decide to "play" Nigerians are at the mercy of MTN. grin grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by martineverest(m): 4:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
Warning
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by obailala(m): 4:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
NorthernParrot:
A MTN staff who was in the premises when it happened said the staff scurried for safety while the attack lasted for some minutes before the intervention of security operatives.
“I just heard people running then I started running to hide and by the time we came out after the security operatives chased them out, they have packed all the laptops we used to work, all the phones on display for sale, they broke some computers and took people’s personal phones and money,” the staff who pleaded anonymity said.
The source added that cash were also taken but the amount could not be ascertained at the moment.
“They got into the premises, the windscreen of a car was broken , all the doors from the reception to the personal service were destroyed,” the staff said adding that the vandals were chanting xenophobia songs even after they were chased outside the premises by security operatives.
When contacted the FCT Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Manzah Anjuguri said he has not been briefed on the incident.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/city-news/xenophobia-protesters-vandalise-mtn-abuja-head-office/186612.html#TDEHGvIxQdA3YcVW.99
Mynd44 lalasticlala
This is sad and embarrassing, must we reciprocate foolishness? Anyway, these are certainly just useless miscreants showing their talents as usual. I can already see some supporters on this thread.

10 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nixiepie(f): 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2017
sarrki:

We have individuals that will take over from their structures

All we need is to support them
till when Nigeria learn to manage properties better

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by oshe11: 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2017
really
grin
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by chocorex(m): 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2017
Good news
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by jmoore(m): 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thieves just taking advantage, that's all.

GMBuhari:
I am quite certain this is the doing of Ibo boys....
Bros, borrow the brain of a goat abeg.

42 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Isu Arochukwu Communal Clash: Two Killed, 10 Missing (Graphic Photos) / Man Caught Sexually Abusing His Neighbour's Little Daughter In Port Harcourt / Evans: Lagos Transport Magnate Paid Me To Avoid Kidnap, Native Doctor Got 10%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.