Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,376 members, 7,800,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa (57822 Views)

Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 / Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by totit: 8:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
The so called OP link, stats isn't opening, it's broken and has not source WTF?

sad anyway, it's NL where anything goes..

angry angry angry
Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
`

2 Likes

Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
tolustx:
I'm sure that so many other cities in Nigeria did not even make it into the ranking at all. So before you start to yab the "Abeokuta", think well.

Enugu is the first resilient city in Nigeria.
Way before Lagos was considered.
So, yes, other cities were looked into and they found abeokuta ain't worth it

4 Likes

Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
tolustx:
I'm sure that so many other cities in Nigeria did not even make it into the ranking at all. So before you start to yab the "Abeokuta", think well.

Enugu is the first resilient city in Nigeria.
Way before Lagos was considered.
So, yes, other cities were looked into and they found abeokuta ain't worth it

Cities in other places have functional sewage system not open defecation

3 Likes

Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by betterABIAstate: 8:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
totit:
The so called OP link, stats isn't opening, it's broken and has not source WTF?

sad anyway, it's NL where anything goes..

angry angry angry
bros check your phone, or are you using Nokia torch?
Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by eyinjuege: 8:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
Oh, beloved rock city.

I thought it was a very peaceful town?
Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by VeniJu: 8:38pm On Feb 23, 2017
Cities are places where tins are happening.. So, why is Maiduguri not on the listtonguetongue

1 Like

Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by kayzat: 8:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
Xcelinteriors:
Says who? Abeokuta is a very peaceful town and everything there is affordable

I wonder what criteria they use in their assessment. I have been living in Abeokuta since 2013 and will be relocating fully and settle down this year by God's grace . I love the town except the issue of water scarcity which is due to the rocky nature of the town.

Who Lagos /Abuja EPP

3 Likes

Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by Jayjey(m): 8:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
Abeokuta na Town and not a City.

1 Like

Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by Unimaginable123: 8:42pm On Feb 23, 2017
SWG25:
When did Abeokuta become a city?
Ask me o. Same thing I said
Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by kayzat: 8:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
eyinjuege:
Oh, beloved rock city.

I thought it was a very peaceful town?

I wonder how some people will sit in their country and be rating our town for us. Abk is cool , safe and a nice place to live.

2 Likes

Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by Doug07034780891(m): 8:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
betterABIAstate:
asaba is not a city, warri and Benin are two dead cities.

But dead Aba as shown below is a living city? Abia state is dead and you know it..

3 Likes

Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by belloadebowale: 8:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
the ranking is wrong.niamey niger and monrovia liberia are worst than abeokuta.lagos and abuja are d best place in africa
Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by heritage2009(m): 8:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
Ibadan is worse than Abeokuta. Go to places like mapo, Bere, oke ado, popo yemoja, oojo, sabo, you will know what original slum is. I bet you if you stay in Bere for a week you can fall sick and be admitted. Reason been that in the whole of Bere, 95% of the houses don't have toilets and they are so compacted to each other like sardine grin

SWG25:

There are only two cities in the south west - Lagos and Ibadan. Others are towns.

Yenagoa is a town not a city. The only cities in the south south are port Harcourt and calabar, others are towns.

2 Likes

Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by Doug07034780891(m): 8:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
Where do they place the dead Abia state? Lol

1 Like

Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by totit: 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2017
betterABIAstate:
bros check your phone, or are you using Nokia torch?

No. Could you please provide me the source of the news,i meant the direct link not the OP blog.
Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by seunfape(m): 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2017
francotunsco:
Except Akure and Yenagoa arnt considered to be cities. Abeokuta is by far better!
which Akure? You they mad

1 Like

Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by bamisepeters(m): 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2017
Xcelinteriors:
Says who? Abeokuta is a very peaceful town and everything there is affordable
Afor wetin? STOP IT!!!
Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by ALAYORMII: 8:54pm On Feb 23, 2017
AbujaBoss:
Abeokuta Nigeria scored fourth from bottom on a new study of quality of life in 60 African cities conducted by Swiss research body Communaute d’Etudes pour l’Amenagement du Territoire at the Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL).

Lagos, another Nigerian city covered by the Swiss study was placed at 43rd position.

The study which included all of the continent’s capitals and its largest urban centres, was based on criteria including social and living conditions, infrastructure, governance and environment.

“Until now, rankings for Africa were done for investors and expatriates.”
Jerome Chenal, a Swiss urban sociologist who directed the survey told Afrique Mediterranee Business, the Paris-based magazine that commissioned the study, stating that theirs is the first survey focusing on life in African cities for ordinary people.

Four Moroccan cities, led by Marrakesh, ranked among the top 10, while Nairobi in Kenya and Abidjan in Ivory Coast which are magnets for expatriates, scored only 27th and 39th, respectively.

EPFL says it will conduct the study each year in the hope of standardising data on African cities.

Top Ten Best Cities To Live In On The African Continent According To The Study Are:

Marrakesh – Morocco
Johannesburg – South Africa
Alexandria – Egypt
Port Louis – Mauritius
Casablanca – Morocco
Tunis – Tunisia
Cairo – Egypt
Rabat – Morocco
Cape Town – South Africa
Fez- Morocco

Top Ten Worst Cities To Live In On The African Continent According To The Study Are:

Bulawayo – Zimbabwe
Blantyre – Malawi
Moroni – Comoros
Abeokuta – Nigeria
Ouagadougou – Burkina Faso
Khartoum – Sudan
Kigali – Rwanda
Cotonou – Benin
Yamoussoukro – Ivory Coast
Kampala – Uganda

https://ezeja.com/news/2017/02/23/abeokuta-ranked-fourth-worst-city-live-africa/

All these Oyinbo go just sit for somewhere dey yarn okpaka yarn.

Yamoussoukro is not bad at all

2 Likes

Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by Oduduwatic: 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
allrightsir:

forget city or no city, how can Abeokuta be worst city to live in when Onitsha is world's most polluted city and it's not safe to breathe the air in Kaduna

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/feb/13/polluted-onitsha-nigeria-perpetual-dust-city-world-worst-air
my brother lets just leave their Onitsha out of this. It seems you dont get the thread. Our historic town of abeokuta has formally been declared uninhabitable. Nothing remain again.

1 Like

Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by zeembab(m): 8:58pm On Feb 23, 2017
Who ever conducted and published this report must be a joker.

I currently live in Johannesburg and I have been to at least of the top cities in Africa and some of worst as well.

Am not sure of what parameters was used for their assessment, but Kigali, Rwanda is far more organized, secured, beautiful than
Cairo, Tunis, Rabat and even Johannesburg.

This people must stop peddling skewed report.
Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by bamisepeters(m): 8:58pm On Feb 23, 2017
heritage2009:
Ibadan is worse than Abeokuta. Go to places like mapo, Bere, oke ado, popo yemoja, oojo, sabo, you will know what original slum is. I bet you if you stay in Bere for a week you can fall sick and be admitted. Reason been that in the whole of Bere, 95% of the houses don't have toilets and they are so compacted to each other like sardine grin

Are you saying there is no slum in ABK?

You ppl should even stop comparing IB and ABK. ABK is even smaller than bathroom to IB in size. Even in quarry as beautiful as the name is in ABK compared to other locations (iyano motuary, kuto, panseke, lantoro, kolobo... etc) there are houses without toilets and even those with bado toilet. You can be comparing ijebu-ode and ABK instead.
Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by toshmann(m): 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
Sincere4u:
.So Abeokuta is worst than the present day Maiduguri?.

Well i don't know the criteria used here.

grin grin

Meanwhile, you mean to tell me this is Abeokuta in this 21st century? shocked shocked
Even for a pathetic country like Nigeria, this is too much. And this city has produced 2 presidents!!! Take note all those shouting for an igbo president. These crooks in power can produce an Igbo president from amongs themselves, another crook, just with igbo DNA, the end result wont be different. Instead let's campaign for 2nd niger bridge, federal roads, teaching hospitals, security, etc

1 Like

Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by Abagworo(m): 9:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
Jokerman:

Warri
Asaba
Benin??

Lol! Even Calabar is yet to attain the typical city looks. In Nigeria only Lagos and Abuja look like cities.
Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by Doug07034780891(m): 9:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
three:
and Lagos is 43 out of 60 cities in Africa

I wonder why? undecided

The list is drawn up based on questionnaires given to expatriates. Obviously cities/ towns with less traffic will do badly.
Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by MutantMetahuman: 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
Doug07034780891:

But dead Aba as shown below is a living city? Abia state is dead and you know it..
don't derail this thread with your anti aba nonsense or I will report you

1 Like

Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
totit:

No. Could you please provide me the source of the news,i meant the direct link not the OP blog.

Hello, all the sources where conspicuously quoted in the report. Please get back to me if there is any particular thing you might want to find out.
Thanks for reading.
Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by BabaAduras: 9:16pm On Feb 23, 2017
SWG25:

There are only two cities in the south west - Lagos and Ibadan. Others are towns.

Yenagoa is a town not a city. The only cities in the south south are port Harcourt and calabar, others are towns.

Do you know the definition of a city at all? And, do you know the difference between a town and a city?
Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by kolexy(m): 9:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
SWG25:

Calabar?
Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by Chubbiehills(f): 9:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
I can't even remember this as the face of Abeokuta... did particular town has been infrastructured

1 Like

Re: Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa by Olansgee(m): 9:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
The ranking says best cities but you twisted it. I bet you were bittered because your village was not on the list.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Journey From Nigeria To Dubai With Pictures / Iran Will Not Give Black Box From Crashed Ukrainian Airliner To Boeing / Vladimir Putin Shows Off His "Bunker On Wheels" To Prospective Buyers At The G20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.