Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Forget Social Media, Just Focus on These Two Things. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forget Social Media, Just Focus on These Two Things. (430 Views)

Do Not Hire A Business Blogger Until You Do These Two Things. / Two Things You Should Know If You Want To Become A Lender / 3 Business To Focus On In 2021 That Guaranteed Over 300k Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forget Social Media, Just Focus on These Two Things. by macksinak(m): 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2017
If you want to be successful.
Three times a week I step into the gym to push my body beyond limits to turn fat to muscle. I pay a monthly subscription fee to use the gym and it's quite expensive.
I've tried to work out on my own. Do a little running, lift some weights, and all that stuff.
This worked for a while, until I became busier.
I was more responsible, had alot on my plate. A business to manage, aged parents to take care of, younger ones looking up to me and all that societal responsibilities that comes with growing older. Though I don't conform, but there are a few I could rebel against.
Last year, I decided that this is the year. I paid a very good friend to help me get rid of my love handles and small man boobs which I gained over the years. I paid for a monthly subscription to the gym and also paid my friend who is my fitness coach.
On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays I have no choice. Whether I want it or I don't, I'm at the gym with Praise my fitness coach. He pushes me so hard that I wish I could punch him in the face sometimes. He doesn't yell at me like most self-acclaimed fitness coaches. He speaks to me calmly but every word just gets to me. After the workout session, I'm exhausted like a MF. I like what we're able achieve after the workout. But during the workout I don't enjoy any bit of it. It is important and I have to do it.
I get home, shower, eat lots of veggies and drink lots of water for the morning.
When you commit your money into something like gym subscription and a fitness trainer, it is difficult to manipulate the entire process. It becomes a priority when you pay for it. While other people are in the gym showing off their newest gym wear or body and taking pictures, your trainer is looking you in the eye telling to keep pushing that body. Over a period of time, I've learned to push my body on my own without my personal trainer around.
So, does this have anything to do with the topic? Oh yes. To reinforce the truth that everything you wish to achieve has no shortcuts. Social media is a vampire. It's a time sucking agent. You might find it entertaining and also use it put yourself or your business out there. But it derails and distract you from working on yourself.
In life we all have priorities. The things we prioritize most in our lives takes a big space in our minds. Subconsciously, our minds are very aware of those priorities and once in a while, it comes to mind, the conscious mind picks it.
If you want success and extraordinary results, you need to narrow your focus.
Do your most important work, that “one thing” when your mind's fuel/adrenaline is high. Some people do their best at the early hours of the morning.
But before that, here's a question you must ask. "What’s the one thing I can do that will make everything else easier?"
I believe social media is not that "one thing".
But for some people, that's the one thing they do before they go to bed and immediately they wake up.
Social Media is great. It has proved to be a medium to connect with the world. In fact social media is the world in your hands.
All over social media, there are businesses, creative people promoting their art, life coaches, and the rest. But, what they sell or offer is just same as the others and nothing unique to offer.
There's no quality control as to what one can post. Anyone who gives a harsh feedback on what one offers is considered a hater and a bitter person.
These days people spend alot in creating the perfect website (some are crap though), nice logos, customized shirts to look the part, and even a fancy office. Then they start posting expecting the likes and comments to pour in. Unfortunately, nothing happens. Their hearts gets broken. It’s just like a fancy car with an amazing paint job, sexy wheels, but no engine.
You can outsource your social media and website to the best digital marketing agency in the world. That does not guarantee that your business will be a success.
If you want to command attention and be successful with business or what you do, focus on these two things:

RARE AND VALUABLE.

Instead of wasting your time working on aesthetics for your social media, produce things that are rare and valuable. Instead of social media, pour your energy into learning something difficult or scarce. If it’s not difficult, it won’t be rare. Look around you, the most rare things are super easy and you find everyone doing it. If it is easy, you won’t stand out, and success will pass you by.
There are thousands of real estate agents on online. How many of them can offer a unique consultation service on or write about the real estate industry?
Rare and valuable skills are what sets you apart from everyone else, not your social media page.
Offer value if you want value.
Seth Godin pointed out in his blog post titled "Social media is a symptom, not a tactic."
He points out that if you’re doing remarkable work and your organization has “built a social ratchet that works,” you’ll have a significant social media presence. Unfortunately, most people start with social media (the last) and pay little attention to their skills, art or business (the first).
Don't try to be famous on social media and an everyday "Joe" in real life.
Bill Gates once said "People who make news don't have time to watch the news. They are busy making news for others to watch."
In conclusion:
In the words of John P. Weiss, "Seek the best instruction you can afford. Relentlessly practice. Constantly compare your work to better artists, creators or entrepreneurs. Continue to focus on the ONE THING that you need to do to move forward."
Take a look at what you do. Is it rare and valuable? If not, stop spending your time on social media promoting mediocrity and start developing the skills to produce rare and beautiful things.
It may take time, that's okay. Big things do not happen instantly. They take time. Very soon, people will begin to take notice of the beautiful thing you can do.

I'm Mack, and I love business.
Re: Forget Social Media, Just Focus on These Two Things. by macksinak(m): 6:41pm On Feb 23, 2017

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Increase Your Social Media Following / 100% Financial Bgs / Sblcs / Lcs For Trade And Project Funding / 30k With Just 6k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.