Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television (16804 Views)

Ongoing Recruitment At Channels Television, 1st February 2018 / Ongoing Recruitment At Channels Television, 1st February 2018 / Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Uba Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by ejovwovincent(f): 2:57am On Feb 24, 2017
Channels Television is one of the 13 independent television stations currently broadcasting in Nigeria, since the Federal Government deregulated the broadcast media in 1992.

We are recruiting to fill the positions below:

1) Job Title: TV Show Writer

Job Description

Channels TV is recruiting talented and enthusiastic writers for an upcoming TV show. The writer will contribute to weekly episode development. This is a full time position based in Lagos, Nigeria.

Background

* Through the news and political satire TV genre, this show will entertain and inform its target audience of 18 to 35 year-old Nigerians and Africans in current affairs.
* The show’s voice will be tasteful and insightful. 
* While lampooning subjects across the political spectrum, the scope of this show will include domestic Nigerian as well as major continental African issues.

Duties and Responsibilities

* Keep abreast of and analyze political, economic and social news across legacy and new media platforms to write topical, entertaining and informative news and political satire material.
* Pitch and brainstorm TV show segment ideas based on guidance provided by supervisors and in cooperation with colleagues.
* Draft, review and edit scripted material in a high-pressured and fast-paced environment.
* Generate new scripted material on a daily and weekly basis consistent with the voice and vision of the show and Channels TV ethos.
* Research domestic, regional and international political, economic and social issues as required.
* Respond to direction provided by the Head Writer and Executive Producers as appropriate.

Qualifications

* Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division or an HND in the related field with Upper Credit only.
* Must have completed the compulsory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
* Should have at least 4-5 years of professional work experience on the job.
* Position demands excellent writing skills.
* Exceptional communication skills: Communicates clearly and persuasively verbally and in written form;
* Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment strongly preferred.
* Working knowledge of online content-management systems preferred
* Excellent understanding of mass media.
* Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and ability to work under pressure and as a member of a team.
* An excellent team player;
* Ability to work independently and with nominal instruction.

2) Job Title: TV Social Media Manager

Job Description

Channels TV is recruiting an experienced and enthusiastic Social Media Manager for an upcoming TV show. The Social Media Manager will develop and maintain a long-lasting, dynamic, effective and measurable social media and Internet TV presence. This is a full time position based in Lagos, Nigeria.

* Develop and manage the social media and Internet TV programming strategy of a new Channels TV show to maximize audience reach and engagement;
* Identify and optimize long- and short-form content for online platforms and via multiple devices accessible to the target audiences;
* Ensure TV show cohesion and complementarity across legacy and new media platforms according to a strict schedule, and in line with Channels TV’s goals and mission;
* Create diversified audience engagement strategies for Channels TV that combine various platforms and allow for constant measurement and re-calibration;
* Incorporate data-driven practices and formulate social media feedback loops for multi-purpose audience assessments;
* Develop and manage regular reporting processes to inform TV show creators, advertisers and sponsors on micro and macro audience trends;
* Work in cooperation with TV show Producers, Writers, Talent and Technical Crew to continuously generate content;
* Take initiative to propose and trial new social media and Internet TV approaches;
* Perform additional duties and responsibilities as instructed by the Executive Producer.

Qualifications

* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mass Communication, Journalism with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division or an HND Degree in related field with Upper Credit only. Training in Multimedia production will be an added advantage.
* Should have at least 4-5 years of professional work experience in social media and web management.
* Expert knowledge of web production, web standards, design and usability.
* Position demands excellent web writing skills and interface design.
* Must demonstrate good understanding of current events.
* Experience in designing and leading social media campaigns tailored to multiple devices.
* Demonstrated portfolio of maximizing social media reach and engagement using short- and long-form video.
* Proficiency in social media analytics measurements on popular platforms, such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
* Working knowledge of online content-management systems preferred.
* Excellent understanding of mass media and social media.
* Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and ability to work under pressure and as a member of a team.
* Exceptional communication skills. Communicates clearly and persuasively verbally and in written form.
* An excellent team player.
* Ability to work independently and with nominal instruction

3) Job Title: TV Show Talent 

Job Description

Channels TV is recruiting enthusiastic and witty talents for an upcoming Political Satire TV show.

The talent will contribute to weekly episode development.

The selected talent will perform as news host, co-host, correspondent, and/or perform other roles. This is a full time position based in Lagos, Nigeria.

* Originate and present an engaging political satire programme that is timely and provocative
* Keep abreast of and analyze political, economic and social news across legacy and new media platforms to present topical, entertaining and informative news and political satire material.
* Originate and brainstorm political issues of relevance and work through guidance provided by supervisors and in cooperation with colleagues.
* Maintain a strong momentum for the programme in a high-pressured and fast-paced environment.
* Generate new material on a daily and weekly basis consistent with the voice and vision of the show and Channels TV ethos.
* Research domestic, regional and international political, economic and social issues as required.
* Respond to direction provided by the Director, Head Writer and Executive Producers as appropriate.

Qualifications

* Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division or an HND qualification in the related field with Upper Credit only.
* Should have at least 4-5 years of professional work experience on the job.
* Exceptional communication skills: Communicates clearly and persuasively verbally and in written form;
* Excellent understanding of mass media.
* An excellent team player;
* Ability to work independently and with nominal instruction;

Personal Qualities:

* Age range between 25 and 30 years
* Versatile.
* Hard working.
* ICT knowledge and proficiency required.
* Able to challenge the status quo and drive through changes.
* Diligent with strong attention to detail.

Salary and Benefits

Negotiable

Application Closing Date

3rd March, 2017.

How to Apply

Interested and qualified candidates should send the following “documents” below to: jobs@channelstv.com

Documents to be Sent

* Updated CV
* Cover Letter
* Show reel or portfolio of your work

Writing Sample:

Write at least 10 satirical jokes about five unrelated events in the news from the last week on less than one page. Ensure news media and political topics are satirized, as well as conservative, moderate, and liberal perspectives. Use a range of satirical devices such as irony, parody and sarcasm. If possible, include links to video clips that play into your joke(s).
Copies of credentials:

* (Qualifying certificates obtained from schools and institutions attended (from S.S.C.E to Higher Institution(s) and any Certifications from professional bodies if any; NYSC Certificate or Certificate of Exemption; Birth Certificate; Scanned recent passport photo).

Note

* Eligible candidates applying for this position must be resident in or able to live and work in Lagos State at own cost.
* Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted and contacted.

1 Like

Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by moblix: 7:13am On Feb 24, 2017
Give room 4 all graduate irrespective of their grade.they are some who are very good with a very low grade

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 24, 2017
call me when N.T.A,Galaxy or L.T.V dey recruit!

2 Likes

Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by toxxnoni(m): 7:21am On Feb 24, 2017
GReat
Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by Equiano: 7:21am On Feb 24, 2017
copied
Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by jd1986(m): 7:22am On Feb 24, 2017
Who's gonna hire me angry

1 Like

Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by Sisqoman(m): 7:22am On Feb 24, 2017
How much per month.
Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by sleeknick: 7:22am On Feb 24, 2017
sad

Meanwhile.

I need a self contain at around agege and ogba area. For 120k per annum
Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by pautex: 7:22am On Feb 24, 2017
3rd grin
Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by Iamdmentor1(m): 7:23am On Feb 24, 2017
OK.

Meanwhile

Guys, if you intend to apply to Uniben for the 2017/2018 session, there is a WhatsApp group for you.

Message me 07052524723 to add you or drop your number.
Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by jd1986(m): 7:24am On Feb 24, 2017
sleeknick:
sad

Meanwhile.

Let's exchange...give me ur job and take my lovely sweety 3bedroom apartment grin

2 Likes

Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by babyfaceafrica: 7:24am On Feb 24, 2017
Lolz...so na only mass communication and jounalisn graduates go work for channels.. What about other courses like English and other art courses

1 Like

Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 24, 2017
Hmmmmm, what of TV Agbero Controller?

Nah that one I wan apply for
Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by ennysuccess(m): 7:26am On Feb 24, 2017
cheesy
Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by sleeknick: 7:27am On Feb 24, 2017
jd1986:

Let's exchange...give me ur job and take my lovely sweety 3bedroom apartment grin

Lol.

Where is the house?

And fyi; i be mai rua oh. I do clearing and forwarding of water from street to street grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 24, 2017
Ok
Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by imitateMe(m): 7:27am On Feb 24, 2017
When you say "with Upper Credit ONLY", that means those with distinction shouldn't apply.
Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by sakalisis(m): 7:28am On Feb 24, 2017
Ok
Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by jd1986(m): 7:28am On Feb 24, 2017
sleeknick:

Lol.

Where is the house?

And fyi; i be mai rua oh. I do clearing and forwarding of water from street to street grin
What? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by zicoraads: 7:29am On Feb 24, 2017
Someone who read English Language would be able to do just fine. Who do I know that even read Mass Comm?
Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by Ramanto(m): 7:30am On Feb 24, 2017
And People Here Keep Saying It Doesn't Matter What One Graduated With. What Do I Believe Now?
Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by talkeverytime: 7:30am On Feb 24, 2017
Only Mass com and journalism? Nice still sha
Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by Philadelphia: 7:35am On Feb 24, 2017
moblix:
Give room 4 all graduate irrespective of their grade.they are some who are very good with a very low grade

The bolded got me cracking grin grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by Benjom(m): 7:36am On Feb 24, 2017
Channels TV leads, others follow.
Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by sleeknick: 7:36am On Feb 24, 2017
jd1986:

What? shocked shocked

U go collect d truck and cans? grin

1 Like

Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by jd1986(m): 7:39am On Feb 24, 2017
sleeknick:

U go collect d truck and cans? grin

1 Like

Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by deb(m): 7:46am On Feb 24, 2017
moblix:

I tire o. They have forgotten that most of the upper grades in Nigeria are paid for and the guys with lower grades are usually the once who read and did not get the favour of corrupt lecturers.

We deliberately refuse to understand our own environment in Nigeria. If anyone wants the best for his business in a highly corrupt society like ours, its best to ask all applicants to put their first class papers aside and measure the true IQ and level of emotional intelligence through series of interviews and test/essay.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by virginboy1(m): 7:47am On Feb 24, 2017
On the contrary.

The sacking of Leicester City coach(Claudio Ranieri) reminds me of the saying... *_That 'It doesn't matter what you did yesterday or how powerful u might be yesterday . Just work more hard today...'for a better tomorrow_*

3 Likes

Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by oluwajaybee: 7:53am On Feb 24, 2017
grin
sleeknick:
sad

Meanwhile.

You this 120k bwoi, shey ko si sha?.*ogbeni*, goan collect ur self contained whatever in ondo local government or osun state jare. grin[quote author=sleeknick post=54005588] sad

1 Like

Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by sleeknick: 7:55am On Feb 24, 2017
oluwajaybee:
grin

You this 120k bwoi, shey ko si sha?.*ogbeni*, goan collect ur self contained whatever in ondo local government or osun state jare. grin

What of 150k
Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by oshiokpu(m): 8:28am On Feb 24, 2017
deb:

I tire o. They have forgotten that most of the upper grades in Nigeria are paid for and the guys with lower grades are usually the once who read and did not get the favour of corrupt lecturers.

We deliberately refuse to understand our own environment in Nigeria. If anyone wants the best for his business in a highly corrupt society like ours, its best to ask all applicants to put their first class papers aside and measure the true IQ and level of emotional intelligence through series of interviews and test/essay.

You had 4 or 5 years to spend and you couldn't show that you are good in an easy environment like a university, instead you wasted it. you now want others to waste their productive time testing and interviewing millions of job applicants when they can pick the best from amongst the best in the shortest possible time.
I think this way of thinking is probably why you didn't grad with at least a 3.5.

2 Likes

Re: Job Opening: Available Vacancies At Channels Television by yomihinmikaiye(m): 8:30am On Feb 24, 2017
moblix:

I wonder d prospect of dis country as regard grade and work ethics. I know of a distinction graduate who can't even defend his certificate. Being able to read doesn't justify d fact DAT u may be gud on d job. Nice observation bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply For Dangote Group Mid-level & Exp. Fresh Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Where Does One Go To Submit CV In Abuja / N-power Application Ended; Verification And Evaluation To Begin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.