Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,244 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals (54002 Views)

CBN Introduces BVN Lite For Minimal Financial Transactions / Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 / CBN Introduces New FOREX Rates, Dollar Now N360 For "Invisibles" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by ephi123(f): 9:52am On Feb 24, 2017
rose54321:
This will do the opposite, it will encourage people to hoard cash at home.

Next time OP, be consistent in your writing, you either stick to figures only, words only or words with respective figures in brackets.

- 7%
- seven percent
- seven percent (7%)

Your inconsistency makes the write up hard to follow.

Which is a security risk in a country like Nigeria which is not very safe.

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Mr2kay2: 9:56am On Feb 24, 2017
Michaelpresh:
the Lord is my strength
i shall not want

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 24, 2017
what's this nonsense? ontop person hard earned money they want to remove a portion they are not entitled to. omo na to build underground safe o. fvck the banks
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 24, 2017
Ademat7:

Will check it out on Google

Check it out here http://www.planetebook.com/ebooks/1984.pdf
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by VULCAN(m): 10:19am On Feb 24, 2017
This is what happens when you appoint a bank MD the CBN governor. All his policies will favour his sector to the detriment of all other sectors. Nigerian banks add very little value to SMEs (which are the greatest engine of growth of an economy).Yet they reap mindboggling profits. Any top banker will tell you in confidence that banks are rip-off machines. Also how can you be talking of cashless policy in an environment with poor quality internet services? Sometimes one waits for an hour to receive an alert. So a customer will be hanging around for that length of time before a seller releases his goods.

#bringbackeconomistsascbngov
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by cyberguy72(m): 10:28am On Feb 24, 2017
na Ponzi scheme we go dey store our money now oo.Pls check my signature for a very reliable one
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by ladychioma: 10:29am On Feb 24, 2017
Emefiele should step down. This is confused government.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by cyberguy72(m): 10:39am On Feb 24, 2017
buoye1:
I'll stop keeping my money in Banks
Where would you put it?
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by buoye1(m): 10:52am On Feb 24, 2017
cyberguy72:
Where would you put it?
You wan come rob me? angry

I'm not telling you sir cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Mjshexy(f): 11:00am On Feb 24, 2017
nizetee:

Before the recession, I withdrew all my money and bought land with it. I'm not stupid enough to cross my hand and watch the value of my hard earned money loose value.
Nice one bro
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by emmyblow: 11:06am On Feb 24, 2017
This Can get sense soooo. Masses are suffering you now impose rubbish policy. God help ninja.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by felixomor: 11:16am On Feb 24, 2017
zoedew:
CBN Policies need to go beyond its apparent struggles to keep banks afloat to balancing such interests with that of SMEs and Manufacturers. Banks in Nigeria over the years have little to show for depositors' funds they hold.

Do you know how much they declare quarterly in profits?
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Battywonder(m): 11:22am On Feb 24, 2017
This policy is a good one. I like the fact that it is progressive. The rich section of the society will feel the burden the most.. Good one CBN....
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by ultimateballer: 11:48am On Feb 24, 2017
Stop emefiele now. stop this cbn.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by mavinc4u(f): 11:59am On Feb 24, 2017
HAH:
Good policy, transactions should be cashless in this days and time.

The CBN is even lenient to take it upto 500k with charges, left to me is outright ban, this has already happened in India a country of over 1.2billion people

Use your internet banking, mobile banking etc for transaction even if it is over 1 billion no one will charge you kobo.

Only criminals that want money trail to end that demand cash paymennt, eg drug deal, kidnapping, bribes etc

Personally I only use cash when I go to local market, everything is POS, Internet or mobile banking, with this you can easily audit my personal accounts

You made sense small, do you know that the local market you went to would eventually take the cash to the bank? What do you say about that?
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Electroweb(m): 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2017
Adesiji77:

The CBN circular...

Cc: Electroweb

Thanks for the circular.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Bimpe29: 2:29pm On Feb 24, 2017
Nigeria and policy inconsistencies.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by cyberguy72(m): 2:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
buoye1:
You wan come rob me? angry

I'm not telling you sir cheesy
Lol.......e reach N5000?
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by matoxy(m): 3:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
No problem, na to dey keep money for Bush or farm, rather than taking it to the bank.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by erico2k2(m): 3:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
989900:

At what cost? As expensive as traveling to the bank, wasting time (time is money), fuel, and bearing the risk of having over N500k in the trunk?

This past December, in PH, a man and his family were robbed and held hostage in the middle of the night, wife raped just cause they got info he brought money home . . . . they wouldn't believe N500k was all he brought home.

Juxtapose that to N100 bank charge, that is if you are transferring to another bank.

Fine.why should there be a bank charge . Ain't the Bank greedy
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Luizkid(m): 4:03pm On Feb 24, 2017
989900:
I support this policy neck, head, and shoulders.
It will help with 'paper trail' (didn't you lot wanted Buhari to check corruption with technology), reduce redundancy (time, effort, and e.t.c.), reduce cost of printing new notes, the benefits are endless.

We are ripe for this now, unlike when it was earlier introduced.

I pay my tailor, mechanic, 'almost' everybody through bank transfer, my businesses receive 97% of payments thru bank transfer too.
sure it's the way 4ward, my problem is that wireless transactions are prone to errors which wen reported takes ages somtyms never gets resolved...
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by iluvdonjazzy: 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2017
erico2k2:
Is dis how U use 2 do.can someone not play with U . grin
lol
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by mikolo80: 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2017
SalamRushdie:
This is not a good time for this ...The CBN must do everything in its place to keep that banks active in the recession ..Alienating the cash based trading sector in these times is a no no ..not good
what kind of transaction worth 5 million that the seller can't buy pos or accept check or bank draft. Aagtwmt don't know it costs money and time to count and transport that amount of money
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by SalamRushdie: 4:45pm On Feb 24, 2017
mikolo80:
what kind of transaction worth 5 million that the seller can't buy pos or accept check or bank draft. Aagtwmt don't know it costs money and time to count and transport that amount of money

Go to any bank Branch on marina and asks them how much those traders bring on cash at cob ..
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Kfed4ril(m): 5:26pm On Feb 24, 2017
rozayx5:
3 percent of 500k is something

undecided

5% of 10m is 500k. So if I want to withdraw 10m I should get ready to dash bank 500k? Thunder fire satan, I dey go buy safe.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by chisomQ(m): 5:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
Personally i hate Nigeria, It's pattern of government and the wicked souls in It. This is just simple everyman should keep his money at home or all task rates should be removed 4rm us if this wickedness must exist. "rate charges in deposit and withdrawal?" this is cawodize, unlishing charges on us "Innocent poor Citizens" aaaah! This is a wicked govt with evil planners. Does luting the citizen enrich govt? Even if it does what happens to out humble interest.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by mikolo80: 12:49am On Feb 25, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Go to any bank Branch on marina and asks them how much those traders bring on cash at cob ..
why can't the banks advise them to use pos if it's so important to them.
Or they pay for the staff that have to count such huge amount of money while delaying other 2k customers. All could have been handled with swipe of card
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by seeker4life: 12:58am On Feb 25, 2017
unclezuma:

Have you read George Orwell's 1984?
Actually read d book really an eye opener...if u hv other gud books u could pls send to my mail.. sandrastones616@gmail.com..Gracias
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by themanderon: 4:33am On Feb 25, 2017
VULCAN:
This is what happens when you appoint a bank MD the CBN governor. All his policies will favour his sector to the detriment of all other sectors. Nigerian banks add very little value to SMEs (which are the greatest engine of growth of an economy).Yet they reap mindboggling profits. Any top banker will tell you in confidence that banks are rip-off machines. Also how can you be talking of cashless policy in an environment with poor quality internet services? Sometimes one waits for an hour to receive an alert. So a customer will be hanging around for that length of time before a seller releases his goods.

#bringbackeconomistsascbngov

So true. Most of the policies brought by sanusi has been upended by this current man in charge of CBN who serves the interests of moneybags instead of the people. He has always supported these greedy bank stars to deduct and steal from the customers Willy nilly. I just cannot pinpoint any policy he has brought out that has actually been of help to bank customers just bringing one new policy or the other on how more money can be taken from customers.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by Chekitaut: 8:25am On Feb 25, 2017
At this point cashless policy will have to also affect the Forex at it equivalent. To futher safe the Naira. I think this will be ok for the country Nigeria.
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by buoye1(m): 1:21pm On Feb 25, 2017
cyberguy72:
Lol.......e reach N5000?
eeennh!.... I'LL Still not tell you grin
Re: CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals by DaMegadon(m): 10:38pm On Mar 11, 2017
Union Bank has been in existence for more than 100 years, with the recent rebranding and the bank track record, you can be sure of a bank that has no hidden charges and is complaint with the CBN rules. Visit one of the new state of the art branch near you to validate this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Buy From Alibaba And Ship To Nigeria. / Nigeria, The Only Country That Goes Cashless Without Network (pics) / Woman Shows Off Her Savings From January To December (Photos,Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.