Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,848 members, 7,802,710 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns (799 Views)

AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah / Ojeligbo Ayika Shares Photos Of Guns, To Attack Nigerian Politicians / Kebbi Is The Most Peaceful State In The History Of Nigeria – Gov. Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by babseg(m): 5:48am On Feb 24, 2017
I have been thinking about this for a while if we are allowed legally to have our own guns.

Will it reduce crime? Yeah, it might reduce crime in the sense that every one will be cautious of each other. Day light robbery will be reduced because if you bring out your gun to kidnap or do other criminal stuffs, more than 10 people might point their guns at you.

Will it increase crime? Yeah, homicide. People who can't control their anger, people suffering from domestic violence, cult and area boys clash etc.

It might increase unnecessary death? Probably yes. I call this group the idi0ts. People trying to show off their shooting skills on facebook might eventually kill themselves.

How will the Nigeria police react to this? I think this is the era where police harassment will be minimised. They will ask for your "papers" in a polite way, I think lol.

How can we control or regulate the possession of guns? Your status in the community can be used as a criteria. You don't have any criminal records, you have an average job, you are educated etc.

I know in Nigeria you can be permitted to have your own gun but I think the process should easier where you walk in to shop and buy one smiley
Re: If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by Horus(m): 5:55am On Feb 24, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_onxC-j8wQ

FG Should Make Gun Possession Legal – Kemi Olunloy

Media personality, Kemi Olunloyo, is of the opinion that possession guns should be made legal in Nigeria. The controversial journalist, said most people, who got killed a gun might not have been killed should they have had their own gun. She also made mention of women who are being abused by their husbands, saying they need guns to protect themselves.
Re: If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by rose54321: 5:59am On Feb 24, 2017
It will definitely reduce crime and Nigerians will be able to sleep with peace of mind.

That's why I'm in full support of the US second amendment.

What gives a thieve or robber power, it's simply the weapon they hold, once I have my own weapon they lose that power.

Though we first need a citizenry database. Synchronized at various institutions.
Identification is crucial, when issuing guns, tracking criminal records if any, age, etc.

We have a LONG way to go.
Re: If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by Nobody: 6:00am On Feb 24, 2017
na war go start
Re: If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by LAFO: 6:06am On Feb 24, 2017
Even me self go buy
Re: If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:08am On Feb 24, 2017
grin
Re: If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by darknetcom: 6:15am On Feb 24, 2017
OoniOfIfe:
na war go start

how??..

no matter how many guns the citizens have they can not defeat the nigerian army...

its a win win business.....

i have a colt python at home already..

i dont wait for others to defend me,i defend my self...

so long i dont go on the streets pointing my python at people,the police in my area dont care...they know i have it...

but its another matter if you enter my compound uninvited... angry
Re: If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by Jokerman(m): 6:22am On Feb 24, 2017
Lai lai.... Nigeria is not ready for it....
Re: If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by rawpadgin(m): 6:23am On Feb 24, 2017
not in support of it
Nigerians are too temperamental for this
Re: If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by sleeknick: 6:24am On Feb 24, 2017
Bros people go die like ant for street oh. Me personally go kill anybody wey owe me change pass 2days. grin

Make dem no try am oh.
Re: If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by darknetcom: 6:25am On Feb 24, 2017
Jokerman:
Lai lai.... Nigeria is not ready for it....

its a matter of time...

hunters in the north carry guns around anytime..

what makes you think you dont have the right to that too??...
Re: If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by whitebeard(m): 6:25am On Feb 24, 2017
politicians would just be dying anyhow

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by darknetcom: 6:26am On Feb 24, 2017
sleeknick:
Bros people go die like ant for street oh. Me personally go kill anybody wey owe me change pass 2days. grin

Make dem no try am oh.

grin
Re: If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by babseg(m): 6:28am On Feb 24, 2017
sleeknick:

Make dem no try am oh.

Because of small change

Re: If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by sleeknick: 6:30am On Feb 24, 2017
babseg:

Because of small change

Maka Chukwu cool
Re: If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by babseg(m): 9:44am On Feb 24, 2017
sleeknick:

Maka Chukwu cool

What if the guy con kill you before you asked for your small change
Re: If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by Horus(m): 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2017
If possession guns should be made legal, there is a risk of more armed-robberies
Re: If Nigeria Gov. Decided To Legalise The Possession Of Guns by babseg(m): 10:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
Horus:
If possession guns should be made legal, there is a risk of more armed-robberies

I don't think so. As you be so confident to confront any criminal act. You will have an edge if you have the support of your neighbours with guns

(1) (Reply)

Benue Governor Ortom's Convoy Involve In Accident Today(photos) / Hypocrisy Aside, Atiku & Obi Is The Best Match For 2019 / What Benefit Do A People Derive When Their Kinsman Is President Of Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.