Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,502 members, 7,801,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger (5280 Views)

My Life As A Full-time Blogger / 5 Things To Consider Before You Hire A Web Design Company In Nigeria In 2018 / Part Time Blogger Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger by WhiteHouseNaija: 8:43am On Feb 24, 2017
Need a blog writer? Call 08080092411
Re: 5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger by GoodyOG: 8:49am On Feb 24, 2017
Vanillaskin:
I'm thinking of creating a thread just for bloggers.

So all nairalanders bloggers can go there and post links to all there websites and help each other generate traffic to their sites.
It will be like MMM for bloggers

Post Help - Get Help
But instead
Visit Others - Get Visits

What do you think

am definitely with you..... go ahead and create the thread....i will help and organize it
Re: 5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger by GoodyOG: 8:51am On Feb 24, 2017
Vanillaskin:

So all nairalanders bloggers can go there and post links to all there websites and help each other generate traffic to their sites.

Post Help - Get Help
But instead

What do you think

am definitely with you..... go ahead and create the thread....i will help and organize it
it will be called UNITED BLOGGERS OF NIGERIA (UBN)

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger by checkolatunji: 9:05am On Feb 24, 2017
Re: 5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 24, 2017
GoodyOG:

it will be called UNITED BLOGGERS OF NIGERIA (UBN)
Done
https://www.nairaland.com/3647703/united-bloggers-nigeria-ubn
Re: 5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger by Googlecheat: 10:50am On Feb 24, 2017
AutoReportNG:
Good topic..

But one thing I noticed about all these write ups is that they dont really explain the reality, I see this as too abstract. I took time to study LIB and BellaNaija, what makes them succed is that they create a niche for themselves and make the rules, if you are in populated niche, all you will do is copy and paste, many folks will overshadow, some have more SEO than each other. But the fact still remains that making it in a blog requires you setting your piorities right,

Thank you

and who told you LIB and BellaNaija dont copy and paste
Re: 5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 24, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

All Blogs Are Websites But Not All Websites Are Blogs.

A Website is just a place on the Internet , eg Forums, Blogs, E-commerce sites, Portals are all websites. Blogs on the other hand are websites that arrange their posts chronologically.
Chop knuckle!! Lol. That is why it is called web log.
Re: 5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 24, 2017
AutoReportNG:
Good topic..

But one thing I noticed about all these write ups is that they dont really explain the reality, I see this as too abstract. I took time to study LIB and BellaNaija, what makes them succed is that they create a niche for themselves and make the rules, if you are in populated niche, all you will do is copy and paste, many folks will overshadow, some have more SEO than each other. But the fact still remains that making it in a blog requires you setting your piorities right,

Thank you
Linda nd BellaNaija started at d very early stage of blogging in Nigeria. I doubt if they would be anywhere near successful starting out today Exception - if u've got some money to throw around 4 ads e.g Fb ads and adwords. That was what Naij did nd it blew up withing a really short time. Otherwise...
Re: 5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 24, 2017
AutoReportNG:

Accepted... but the fact still remains that entertainment blogs are too jampacked, everybody copied and paste, I was doing a research with my friend last year, we found out that there were about 3 million entertainment blogs in Nigeria alone... 93% of them do copy and paste.
Whoop... that's a whole lot.. no wonder lots of them are scraps.
Re: 5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger by myfidelityblog(m): 2:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
Vanillaskin:

Post Help - Get Help
But instead

What do you think

That will be nice
Re: 5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger by myfidelityblog(m): 2:32pm On Feb 24, 2017
premium course: A-Z blogging ethics

Hello guys, i appreciate you for checking this out. Before i start unwrapping the goodies i have for you guys, let me start by explaining major reasons why i created this course.

1. Lots of people experience lots of difficulties starting from starting from the very Genesis of blogging down to the monetization aspect and even the continuity of blogging.

2. Few but many people do contact me to help or train them. Although I help those I can. Knowing that its stressful to help or teach one client, I had to create a platform where i can teach many people at the same time.

This course/training is mostly for Nigerians who cannot sacrifice huge data bundles (gigabytes) to download and watch YouTube video tutorials. (This video tutorials does not give detailed explanation most times).

Its mostly for those people who wants a cost effective, easy and simplified but well detailed procedures on how blogging business works right from the setup point to the monetization aspect.

Most importantly, this course is for people with NO form of experience in how blogging works or for those people who don't know what blog means. Gurus/experts who knows a thing or two are not left out because I'm sure you will learn new things and you will definitely discover that you've been doing so many things wrongly.

WHAT DOES THIS COURSE OFFERS IN TERMS OF BENEFITS?

HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM ANY OTHER COURSE ANYWHERE? WHAT ARE THE COURSE REQUIREMENTS? HOW MUCH DOES IT COSTS?

COURSE BENEFITS

>> This course/class would be done in real time.

>> Its online based, you don't need to worry as it can be done at the comfort of your home.

>> For the fact that this course is online based does not mean that it will consume your data. I have that in mind.

>> A platform called Telegram (similar to whatsapp) will be used as it is more robust in functionality.

>> There are lessons detailed with fully practical procedures starting from setup all the way to monetization.

>> This course won't be all about theories, practical step by step approach would be implemented.

>> The steps would be well broken down bit by bit that even a toddler will understand without any form of difficulties.

WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT FROM OTHER COURSES OUT THERE (Special offers)

>> At the end of each course and section, there would be room for questions and answers will be provided to those questions.

>> A quiz will be conducted to test what you've learnt at the end of this course and the emerging winner wins #2000.

>> You'll get 2 days of free consultations after the training.

>> Those who enrols before the 5th of march will get 37.5% discount which is #2500 instead of #4000

>> The person with the best blog design will get 100% cash back.

COURSE REQUIREMENTS

>> Telegram App. To download click here

>> A laptop (not necessary)

>> Your notebook (to take down key point. You can as well use the notepad on your smartphone or pc).

COURSE OUTLINE

Section 1: Introduction to blogging

Lesson 1: What is blogging; Clarifying the myths

Lesson 2: Why do you want or wish to be a blogger

Lesson 3: Types of blog platform and which you should use.

Section 2: Blog Setup

Lesson 1: Deciding on what to name your blog

Lesson 2: What is a domain and hosting (well explained)

Lesson 3: Choosing a domain name

Lesson 4: choosing a hosting plan and company (types of hosting company and plans)

Lesson 5: buying and registering a domain and hosting (bluehost)

Lesson 6: Installing WordPress

Section 3: Blog Design ( Blogger & WordPress)

Lesson 1: Planning your blog's layout

Lesson 2: choosing a theme (choosing a blogger template)

Lesson 3: The psychology of colors and how they affect your blog

Lesson 4: Choosing a logo concept

Lesson 5: Designing a logo

Section 4: Your Blog Usage (Blogger & WordPress)

Lesson 1: Creating a post (basic HTML formatting tags for your posts)

Lesson 2: Creating a page

Lesson 3: Introduction to WordPress plugin system (introduction to blogger gadgets system)

Lesson 4: How to install and use plugins (how to install and use blogger gadgets)

Lesson 5: Plugins you should use and why (gadgets you should use and why)

Section 5: Your Blog Content

Lesson 1: The psychology of irresistible blog posts.

Lesson 2: What is effective blogging; the best way to do it.

Lesson 3: The importance of scheduling posts.

Lesson 4: The secrets and powers of “A Thousand Words”

Lesson 5: The fantastic four pages

Lesson 6: How not to run out of what to post.

Lesson 7: Images: How, where and when to use them

Lesson 8: How to reduce image size and its importance

Lesson 9: Where to get images

Section 6: Grow Your Blog

Lesson 1: What SEO is and how it affects your blog

Lesson 2: The fundamentals of SEO

Lesson 3: Social media; the importance and how it grows your blog.

Lesson 4: Useful tools to make blogging super easy

Lesson 5: Taking things beyond the internet; why and how?

Lesson 6: How to treat your blog like a real business

Lesson 7: How to identify your audience and take advantage

Lesson 8: Customer/Readers Care: Why its important

Lesson 9: How to keep them coming back.

Lesson 10: Digital Marketing tips and how to’s

Section 7: Monetizing Your Blog

Lesson 1: Intro to making money from blogging; the bitter truth

Lesson 2: Affiliate Marketing programs and its benefits

Lesson 3: Google AdSense: How to get approved easily

Lesson 4: The best AdSense alternatives

Lesson 5: Going beyond ads: other monetization avenues

Lesson 6: Final Conclusion.

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST

I know this is the moment you've all been waiting for. Well, this awesome, educative and well detailed training/course will cost you just #2500 (37.5% discount) if you make payments before the 5th of march, after that it will #4000.

Final registration closes on the 20th of march. So hurry now!

To enrol click the link below

https:///forms/XP6jX6qmqoqTKqnh2

REMEMBER

>> At the end of each course and section, there would be room for questions and answers will be provided to those questions.

>> A quiz will be conducted to test what you've learnt at the end of this course and the emerging winner wins #2000.

>> You'll get 2 days of free consultations after the training.

>> Those who enrols before the 5th of march will get 37.5% discount which is #2500 instead of #4000

>> The person with the best blog design will get 100% cash back. To enrol click the link below

https:///forms/XP6jX6qmqoqTKqnh2

For any enquires please call 09035692326 or email davswaggz1@gmail.com. Thanks for your patronage!

Please share the love by sharing this post, thanks!

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
Re: 5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger by achieverme(m): 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2017
gee99:
Would love to see some of your work. May be we could work together if you are really good at it.

Send me your email address sir.
Re: 5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger by achieverme(m): 3:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
gee99:
Would love to see some of your work. May be we could work together if you are really good at it.

Still waiting for your email address sir so that I can send you a copy of my past works.
Re: 5 Things You Should Consider Before Becoming A Full-time Blogger by baratech: 7:09pm On Dec 07, 2020
Happy New Week!

Take your business online! Any type of website you need:

✅ Company Website
✅ School Website
✅ Courier Website
✅ P2P Website
✅ Agro/Food Website
✅ Bitcoin/Investment Website
✅ Any type of Blog site

I also offer bulk email and bulk sms services.

Get in touch today!

Call/Whatsapp: 08117506291

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Write Blog Posts That Increases Your Adsense Earnings / Will Google Or Apple Acquire Facebook Soon? / Doing E-Commerce from Nigeria (the 419 Stigma)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.