Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,871 members, 7,798,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

How I Started Rapping At The Age Of 10 – Fast-rising Rapper, ETC Collabo Reveals - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How I Started Rapping At The Age Of 10 – Fast-rising Rapper, ETC Collabo Reveals (469 Views)

Davido Set For A Collabo With Chris Brown / Nigerian Fast Rising Rapper Tblaze Drop Promotional Photos As He Is Set To Storm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Started Rapping At The Age Of 10 – Fast-rising Rapper, ETC Collabo Reveals by Triton1996(m): 7:19am On Feb 24, 2017
Elemide Tunde Oluwasegun, better known as ETC Collabo, the Ogunowo is allowed crooner is a Nigerian singer, rapper, songwriter, with a diverse musical style mix of hip-hop, R&B, and rap.

He started his career at a very tender age and has over the years proved his passion and dexterity in Music.

In ths Interview, he talked on how it all began, how the passion grew and about his new single, One day.

Excerpts Below:

Q-Who is etc collabo

Etc- I am an upcoming artist,a rapper and am very much working hard to become famous.

Q-was it your childhood dream to become a musician,particularly a rapper?

Etc-actually it was my dream,i had the passion from the beginning.

Q-how did you get started?

Etc-it all started as a kid about the age of 10.i used to drum tins just to make beat and growing up I loved music so one day I just decided to do my own thing my own music and that was how I started.

Q-what’s your educational qualification?

Etc-i studied urban and regional planning at moshood abiola polytechnic ojere abeokuta.

Q-when you’re not doing music what do you do?

Etc–hmmn,i am a stylist I am self employed,i have my own salon,i can very much barb and make hair.

Q-when it comes to music who are your influence?

Etc-for me,i believe everybody is trying. I would like to be more than the likes of reminisce,olamide,davido,wizkid and the rest.

Q-you you don’t look up to any of these people?

Etc-no,i respect them but I just do my own thing.

Q-you just dropped a new single right?

Etc-yes,its titled “one day”

Q-tell us more about this new single?

Etc- actually,It was inspired by the pains and struggle, being faced by the less privileged and most especially All the upcoming artist trying to be come a star. I passed a message with the song.I am actually talking to those that are financially down and with no one to help them, they should work hard and help themselves,even when you get help you understand, You still need to work hard to make it work. These people can’t satisfy your need, so the song one day is telling them to stay focus and believe.

Q-what’s your view of the Nigerian music industry?

Etc-Nigeria music is really moving forward,you wake up to a new song and am like wow is this really nigeria – we are really really trying.

Q-where do you see yourself in the next 4 to 5 years?

Etc-omo, ahahhah.i might not be in this country again,i see myself taking the my music to another level that is international level.

Q-at this stage of your music career do you see music as fulfilling?

Etc- like I said am still an upcoming artist,right now no record deal am the one doing my thing myself and it hasn’t been easy for me,for now all I can say is everything would be ok.

Q-should your fans be expecting anything from you in anytime especially collaborations?

Etc-yes,expect more singles and collaborations from me especially with stars like the yoruba adage that says (laughing)“igi kan ole dagbo se”(one tree does not make a forest).

Q-any word for your fans?

Etc- wow,it’s not an easy thing to have fan,some would like your songs and not you,some would like you and not your song (laughing) so it’s not easy to have fans.for those that like my songs I appreciate,for those that like me I say thank you and for those that love the two I say I love you and for those who don’t like me I thank you also (laughing).

Q-for those who want to hangout with etc collabo on social media how can they reach you?

Etc-on facebook , etc collabo elemide and on twitter @etccollabo on instagram @etc_collabo

http://www.saharaweeklyng.com/how-i-started-rapping-at-the-age-of-10-fast-rising-rapper-etc-collabo-reveals/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Emma Nyra Looks Stunning In New Photos / Have You Ever Seen Ruggedman In Suits? Here He Is. / Kemen Apologises To Tboss For His Acts In Big Brother Naija House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.