Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App (4075 Views)

WhatsApp Allows You To ‘Put Words In People’s Mouth’ In New Feature / Whatsapp Adds New Rules For 'Delete For Everyone' Feature / Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by emmy4lov(m): 7:19am On Feb 24, 2017
I woke up to see a camera icon at the top menu of my whatsapp app, and I was like undecided . how did this get here.? ? ?

Obviously whatsapp has been experiencing reformation and upgrades since Facebook bought whatsapp from WhatsApp founders Jan Koum and Brian Acton. That's one of the fascinating things I like about Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, he keeps growing his industry (social networks) bigger and bigger...

you might want to upgrade your whatsapp application to get the new feature...

Details http://www.naijatechclub.com.ng/whatsapp-rolls-out-two-new-features-to-the-whatsapp-application-/762

Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by Horlufemi(m): 7:24am On Feb 24, 2017
I've had this for a while too.

Anyone that wants it sounds use WA Tweaks to force it. You must be rooted too.
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by demzey(m): 7:29am On Feb 24, 2017
I noticed it dis monin also on my WhatsApp beta, BT GB WhatsApp has had it as a feature for quite sometym now

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by DonCortino: 7:34am On Feb 24, 2017
Wat da heck does it do?
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by Nbote(m): 8:44am On Feb 24, 2017
DonCortino:
Wat da heck does it do?

It's for photo status updates.. Completely different from ur dp.. They're bringing in a lot of snapchat like features
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 24, 2017
op, are u schooling in auchi polytechnic?
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 24, 2017
Am just seeing this now on this forum.what's it use for?

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by emmy4lov(m): 11:12am On Feb 24, 2017
Martino240:
op, are u schooling in auchi polytechnic?
I finished from A.p

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by BlueRayDick: 11:55am On Feb 24, 2017
I just made use of the feature now, Its cool
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by DonCortino: 1:05pm On Feb 24, 2017
Nbote:

It's for photo status updates.. Completely different from ur dp.. They're bringing in a lot of snapchat like features

Oh!
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by oluwayimika123: 1:11pm On Feb 24, 2017
I just noticed it as well buh it seems text cant be used as status again just pic and videos or am I d 1 d@ aint understanding how to go about it

buh if d@ is d case, d@ aint cool @ all cos I ve just used a female friend pics as my prof. pic 2 celebrate her bday with her and I was about changing my status 2 complement d@ b4 som1 st@s thinking of something else and it seems its impossible 2 do so

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
There should add the icon to view contacts back. Now I have to search for names to see a contact.
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by Abudu2000(m): 1:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
Actually i find it cool, you can even upload longer videos and its full screen, unlike Snapchat..
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by Somex10202(m): 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2017
Vorpal:
There should add the icon to view contacts back. Now I have to search for names to see a contact.
The view contact icon is still there just look is like d message sign they just change d position.
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
Somex10202:
The view contact icon is still there just look is like d message sign they just change d position.

On Windows they brought it to the bottom.
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by waluga(m): 4:03pm On Feb 24, 2017
yeah its like snapchat shiiiii...dope for a first debut on that kind of app
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
Honestly I prefer the old whatsapp.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by CyberSecurity: 4:49pm On Feb 24, 2017
IT TRAINING SCHOLARSHIP
IT TRAINING SCHOLARSHIP
IT TRAINING SCHOLARSHIP

ARE YOU A FRESH GRADUATE? WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUILD A CAREER IN

CYBER SECURITY
INFORMATION SECURITY & CYBER FORENSIC
HERE IS AN OPPORTUNITY WORKPLACE TRAINING STRICTLY PRACTICAL HANDS-ON TRAINING

https://www.nairaland.com/3648418/it-ict-scholarship-training#54021318
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by Misterdhee1(m): 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2017
Abeg are you guys still able to locate your contact lists?
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by Baroba(m): 5:38pm On Feb 24, 2017
Mark Zuckerberg is hell bent on destroying Snapchat, only a matter of time..
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by charlesklaus(m): 6:04pm On Feb 24, 2017
Mark is just looking for a way to get extra cash from whatsapp users, the data that's gon be generated via d pictures nd videos for the status stuff is gonna be really high sha.. #wehdonSir grin

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by emekachimek: 6:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
Do you realise that you just posted people's numbers here, I'm sure without their consent? Please blur the numbers
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 24, 2017
emmy4lov:
I finished from A.p
Cool!! I'm schooling there....
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by chudyprince: 7:53pm On Feb 24, 2017
that's why blackberry won't be comparable with whatsapp anymore...Team Android OS
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by flyca: 8:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
Whatsapp copying wechat since 1905...

I knew Zuck was yup to something cunny when he married a Chinese woman, and has since been romancing chinese language and culture.

No2 - After all these transformations, whatsapp will be no much different from FB.
#bringbackourwhatsapp
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by Valfrankie(m): 9:20pm On Feb 24, 2017
Khaynet:
Honestly I prefer the old whatsapp.
Me too. And whatsapp has been asking me to update mine, they just gave me a good reason not to do it. My privacy is sacrosanct. What da hell. if it ain't the old version, I ain't using!

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by emmy4lov(m): 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
Martino240:
Cool!! I'm schooling there....
A.p is a nice school, I hope you are enjoying it, don't mind the strick. A.P had one of the best academic calendars in Nigeria till this present administration took over the school ..
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by Floridax(m): 9:50pm On Feb 24, 2017
what I want now from whatsapp is animated stickers and many more emojis.......as in ,,enough stickers ...just like facebook messenger

Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by Viking007(m): 9:53pm On Feb 24, 2017
if You haven't updated, pls don't. Its crap.
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 24, 2017
emmy4lov:
A.p is a nice school, I hope you are enjoying it, don't mind the strick. A.P had one of the best academic calendars in Nigeria till this present administration took over the school ..
The strike matter just tire me... An open letter to PMB was published via the daily sun newspaper today by the Joint Action Congress(ASUP, SSANIP & NASU).. According to the letter, The management allegedly defrauded A.P workers to the sum of 1.8 billion naira.. Can u imagine?
Re: Whatsapp Adds A New Feature To Its App by superfelix: 10:41pm On Feb 24, 2017
Is it only me, cuz I hate dis New Update...It took me some time b4 i finally saw d Contact Icon... And d so called Status is wack, disappearing afta 24hrs... The Text status shuld be Brought Back...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Early Images Of The Redmi 9. / Any Good London Fairly Used Phones For Sale: / Android Apps That Offer Free Calls And Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.