Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,574 members, 7,801,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? (49262 Views)

Advice On Hustle To Libya For Greener Pastures / Should I Travel Out Of Nigeria To USA Or Stay In Lagos To Start My Music Career? / Looking For A Greener Pasture We've Got The Right Option For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 24, 2017
ayindejimmy:
Traveling abroad can only pay you when you already have someone there you can hang with till you get a job and a place.

Stayin in Nigeria... I can't guarantee that. Cos when you start a biz here that's when you'll know 800k is not much. Nigeria is such an expensive place to do biz

So if you have someone that's already doing great in places like Germany, Canada, France, Holland or even United Arab Emirates. I'll advise you pack your bags and go.

The way politicians are going, the change we need in Nigeria will take a while
The best thing to ever come out of Nairaland...

3 Likes

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by hucienda: 11:57am On Feb 24, 2017
ayindejimmy:
Traveling abroad can only pay you when you already have someone there you can hang with till you get a job and a place.

Stayin in Nigeria... I can't guarantee that. Cos when you start a biz here that's when you'll know 800k is not much. Nigeria is such an expensive place to do biz

So if you have someone that's already doing great in places like Germany, Canada, France, Holland or even United Arab Emirates. I'll advise you pack your bags and go.

enshi, ayindejimmy has said it all. I have nothing else to add or subtract.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by coolsegun2002: 11:57am On Feb 24, 2017
If u don't have someone abroad to first stay with and assist with securing a job... dnt just take a stroll to a country you don't know or have a single friend or relative..i mean who does that

if u have a job here fetching u salary even if it's small.. . Add that 800k here in naija it will get somewhere.

Check on nairaland for used cars BTW 300k to 500k...purchase and resell with 50 to 70k gain...
there is recession but pple are still spending the little they have on one enjoyment or another.
if u are passionate about dogs...u'll be surprised how much some pple make from rearing and selling puppies...

Do u know how many N30,000 phone 800k will purchase... u can become a phone dealer. Pple don't have money in this country but big andriod phones that don't cost much is like a must for them. I stay close to a phone store. Gosh! I wonder if there is any recession...Nigerians can like to bye gadget...especially student.

800k can change someone's life forever oooooo...u might not become a millionaire overnight with it. But u'll definitely be fine

Don't get me wrong travelling abroad is great....it could lead to new experience that will open new doors but anyway, anytime a bird in one's hand is better than many in the bush u haven't even caught.....and in reality 800k is really bigger than a bird in hand.

14 Likes

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by lielbree: 11:57am On Feb 24, 2017
initialize:
I don't know why I find it difficult to reason why I should travel to another country. My first international passport expired without any stamp. The second one is already a year old and still not taken it to any embassy. I'm among those that believe I will grow my hundreds to billions in Nigeria. I didn't say millions because that's already achieved within 4yrs of trying.

Believe in Nigeria and Nigeria will reason ur situation.

800k is even much money to start a business. If you got the 800k legitimately I'm surprised you asking this question. Do you want to tell me there's no more money where the 800k came from?
Don't be rude. He might have received it from his parents. If you have good business ideas spell it out! Stop acting like you know everything.

Who knows whether you are not lying sef

7 Likes

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by mayoor15(m): 11:58am On Feb 24, 2017
officialJP:
i can make dat amount double in a week der is an investment out there ppl don't knw much abt u can giv a try
OP, run for your life
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by airminem(f): 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
farouk0403:

why swerve from the original topic, you should have create a thread it will be more matured

Doesn't Matter. We Got The Message First Hand
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by dacovajnr: 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
ephi123:

At least it is honest work.
Definitely! Just wondering why he Changed his mind...but my sincere advice is for him to move only if he has connection @ his preferred destination if not...you know the rest..and if he has any connection in the Uk then can also make the move as club would hire him as bouncer if he register with a security Company down there..
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by ozome15(m): 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
initialize:
I don't know why I find it difficult to reason why I should travel to another country. My first international passport expired without any stamp. The second one is already a year old and still not taken it to any embassy. I'm among those that believe I will grow my hundreds to billions in Nigeria. I didn't say millions because that's already achieved within 4yrs of trying.

800k is even much money to start a business. If you got the 800k legitimately I'm surprised you asking this question. Do you want to tell me there's no more money where the 800k came from?
I strongly share in the believe all I need to be anything, achieve anything, is here in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Andyg: 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
Go to South Africa. #Xenophobic attack
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by gucci20(m): 12:02pm On Feb 24, 2017
ayindejimmy:

U can call or whatsapp us on ds number for travelling processing Canada, Australia, Mauritius, Dubai working visa. 07030864095.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by travelpoint: 12:02pm On Feb 24, 2017
wayne4loan:
Young man come to alaba and invest that money u will be surprised how much it will generate within a year
Nigerians with fake investment information. They will take your money and kill you. We are the worst on earth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by pat077: 12:03pm On Feb 24, 2017
Chuksemi:

Go to Malaysia. Trust me, you will make it big in less than 3 years.
doing what?
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by mayoor15(m): 12:04pm On Feb 24, 2017
tobimillar:

What will he b doing in Malaysia
If not pushing drugs what else

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by denowo(m): 12:04pm On Feb 24, 2017
My advice is simple, stay back in Nigeria and hustle, if in the present Nigeria you can command N800k then you aren't part of the suffering masses. If you relocate to Europe, you will definitely become part of the illegal suffering masses and I can assure you with N800k, you will be broke by month 2 and then you will know the real meaning of suffering, at least back home people close to you or your neighbours will notice you haven't eaten, once you are out of the country, you are on your own, especially as you have no plan of exactly what it is you are coming to do. Gone are the days of hustling, you will need papers to even wash toilets and that my brother requires years of experience.

With N800k, visit the agriculture sector and find out how to lease a land from government for farming and do something productive, the world is changing , now isn't the time to play lottery with your future.........ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD

7 Likes

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Bhol28: 12:04pm On Feb 24, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Pls try and remind him to be careful while sourcing for visa to travel out so that he wont get back to having zero naira and still be here in Naija.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by CoolVoice(m): 12:05pm On Feb 24, 2017
enshi:
Hi nairalanders ,

Pls i need advice from everyone. Pls if you have 800k at hand would you travel abroad to hustle (legally) or would you stay here in nigeria to start up somthing.??

If you are to travel pls which country can you vouch and if its business please which business can you suggest.

Thanks in anticipation for your credible, valuable and unabashed ideas/suggestions

Two Words.

Libya or Invest

The Choice is Yours.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by dprice(m): 12:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
invest it on what in alaba?
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Chuksemi(m): 12:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
pat077:
doing what?
What others are doing .
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by figure007(m): 12:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
myrrtle:
800k is not enough money to travel out with. except you want to go to Botswana or Kenya
its very enough and adequate to travel to some countries Mr .... With that you can go UAE
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by chaiks: 12:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
GreenMavro:
cheesy

Me too wan fly oh...which EU country 800k go carry me go as legal migrant? even if na schooling sef angry angry

I no want make PMB meet me when he com back grin grin
reason Estonia well.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by DonBenny77(m): 12:09pm On Feb 24, 2017
enshi:
Hi nairalanders ,

Pls i need advice from everyone. Pls if you have 800k at hand would you travel abroad to hustle (legally) or would you stay here in nigeria to start up somthing.??

If you are to travel pls which country can you vouch and if its business please which business can you suggest.

Thanks in anticipation for your credible, valuable and unabashed ideas/suggestions

Forget about this zoo its not encouraging any kind of business at the moment.

Jus relocate to Accra(Ghana) rent a house for two years

make some contacts open a Nigerian kitchen (restaurant) r import nigerian food stuffs and sell in bulk

thank me later

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by ephi123(f): 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2017
dacovajnr:
Definitely! Just wondering why he Changed his mind...but my sincere advice is for him to move only if he has connection @ his preferred destination if not...you know the rest..and if he has any connection in the Uk then can also make the move as club would hire him as bouncer if he register with a security Company down there..

Oh okay, I see your point. Thought you were making fun of the job.
With 800k I wouldn't recommend UK unless as you said he has someone there, cos rent will wipe that money out in 2 months max.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Dentmoyin(m): 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2017
and when they deport you from their country, you'll come here and be crying.....800k for MMM in those days na money na...
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by midastouch: 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2017
Chuksemi:

Go to Malaysia. Trust me, you will make it big in less than 3 years.

Doing exactly what?

I hope drugs and credit card fraud are not part of the lineup of businesses you are advocating.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by chaiks: 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2017
Mskrisx:
DUBAI... guy to come Nigeria go be u like murder.
Check their minimum wage then check multi-national pay. Once u get person to hang with, Oga mi RUN!
are you implying that to go Dubai I'll be ideal and that it I'll be financially rewarding?
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Ifebazz(m): 12:13pm On Feb 24, 2017
wayne4loan:
Young man come to alaba and invest that money u will be surprised how much it will generate within a year
Invest in what exactly?
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by bastien: 12:13pm On Feb 24, 2017
initialize:

oga boss, since u have some millions, I would just only need 100k to open a bet shop, that's the new selling business in town... Thanks sire
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Mskrisx(f): 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
chaiks:
are you implying that to go Dubai I'll be ideal and that it I'll be financially rewarding?

Do u have someone to stay with in the first place?
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by ehissi(m): 12:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
Benjom:
"A lizard in Nigeria cannot necessarily become a crocodile in America"

Don't know how true this is.

But a lizard in America is definitely gonna become a crocodile in Nigeria.......... grin

Ya don't believe? Let OP travel to USA with #800,000 and let the person that gifty stole Americana accent from, come to Nigeria with $800,000........ shocked

Na that time you go say, there is difference between alligator and Real Crocodile......... grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 24, 2017
enshi:
Hi nairalanders ,

dont dare go to Dubai... I am begging u for ur sake... Nigerians are taken as monsters there!
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by dacovajnr: 12:19pm On Feb 24, 2017
ephi123:

Oh okay, I see your point. Thought you were making fun of the job.
With 800k I wouldn't recommend UK unless as you said he has someone there, cos rent will wipe that money out in 2 months max.
Why would I make fun of a job I'd gladly take if hired...m only surprised coz he had wanted to be a bouncer judging by his last post..But ma'am blv me if he has someone down there he'll definitely settle down easily..I have friends who are employed as security officers by Clubs..and it's easier for them to save coz they stay together..About 5 of em, so if you have the connection you're good to go..
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by bush112(m): 12:20pm On Feb 24, 2017
I still believe in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter / Working With The Big4, Your Experience. / Sacked Driver Clings To The Bonnet Of His Boss’ Moving Car (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.