Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,699 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? (49265 Views)

Advice On Hustle To Libya For Greener Pastures / Should I Travel Out Of Nigeria To USA Or Stay In Lagos To Start My Music Career? / Looking For A Greener Pasture We've Got The Right Option For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by consultmal97(m): 3:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
Noble11:
I don't know the country you want to travel to but 800k can't take you anywhere unless Ghana,Benin Republic,cemaroon etc..first convert that money to dollar before anything..
And pray you don't have a virgin passport coz nigerian immigration officers will frustrate you at the airport till you regret travelling..
Travelling out of country expecially not have enough cash is a suicide mission.
I will advise you go back to your village and start a poultry farm,start with broilers
WHY DID I SAY VILLAGE? :It's the cheapest way and you can save alots of money,expecially house rent.
In 3 to 4 months you will be making profits by God's grace..
Remain bless and plan very well,there are other options too

very good advise but very funny
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by mfm04622: 3:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
arazanbal:

bro i get bini guys wy use libya route enter italy 4rm dr fire am go dt germany wy u dy talk so and dy r doin gr8t o.na fotballers dm b with our pro leaques here 4 9ja.all dm need 4rm dm na jst medical report dr,footbal scout/agent dere tak care of d rest 4 dm ni.i knw so wy cm do clearance 4rm clubs here in 9ja

I hope nobody is stupid enough to listen to this guy! Please ask him if it is so easy, why is he still in Naija? People die everyday trying to cross to Italy from Libya. We see dead bodies washed ashore everyday. We see lucky survivors. Please know that if you survive and get taken to Italy, you can't leave Italy. Pls nobody should try this way he is promoting

4 Likes

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by ikwubaba: 3:29pm On Feb 24, 2017
enshi:

Is that all you can advice

800k Which town? In any case, it may look small when compared to other earnings. But don't be deceived. It is plenty of money in Nigeria. Unless, you have something quite promising, do not abandon it for something not sure. It is not as green as it seems. Good for you to take a trip down once in a while to assess things for your self.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by mayoor15(m): 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
officialJP:
the business is not met for ppl wo want to remain poor like u if u want d details i can brief u
All I smell is scam scam scam.... OP pm him at your own peril
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Jacseyi(m): 3:47pm On Feb 24, 2017
[please can you give me information about this? quote author=nNEOo post=54012697]Give me they money and I will pay you 200k ever months [/quote]
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Noble11(m): 3:48pm On Feb 24, 2017
consultmal97:

very good advise but very funny
Haha am not in Nigeria and I know what new comers are passing through where I am right now..
Am planning to come back home by end of this year,no place like home and am not coming back for buying and selling coz am tired of it.
The young man can also use that Money to open a well organized barber shop..there is a lot you can do with 800k,it's all about planning
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by fortunechy(m): 3:49pm On Feb 24, 2017
use dt moni n start smfin here
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by moshino(m): 3:49pm On Feb 24, 2017
enshi:
Hi nairalanders ,

Pls i need advice from everyone. Pls if you have 800k at hand would you travel abroad to hustle (legally) or would you stay here in nigeria to start up somthing.??

If you are to travel pls which country can you vouch and if its business please which business can you suggest.

Thanks in anticipation for your credible, valuable and unabashed ideas/suggestions

Please which 'abroad' will N800k take you?
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by mfm04622: 3:50pm On Feb 24, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Read the post again. He said travelling legally

Travelling on Tourist Visa is travelling legally.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by OluDare01(m): 3:52pm On Feb 24, 2017
If you wan go Benin Republic or other West Africa countries,it's allowed.
But if you're travelling outside the continent,you need way more than that especially with this crazy exchange rate.
By the time you pay for visa and flight, more than half of the money is gone.
Plan well before you leave if you no wan get stranded
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by officialfestus(m): 4:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
Come edo state come invest that 800k for keke napep spare parts biz
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by FMCASH(m): 4:04pm On Feb 24, 2017
I will advice you to do 100k ponzi and 700k fish farming (melange biz) for more information buzz me on whatsapp
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Lazyreporta(m): 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
LAFO:
Oga sir, you think 800k is big money in Nigeria, get out of Ikeja Airport and see how much go remain for your hand.

Abeg stay here and turn the money to something bigger.

Just give me 300 out of the 800..... I will stay here.

#IdeasNeedFunding

What idea do you have?
I can sponsor it if it's viable

Seriously
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by swankylay(m): 4:07pm On Feb 24, 2017
By the time u start processing ur way out of the country, how much he do u think u'll v left especially when converted to D currency of the country u wanna go to. If money finish, how will u get more there?.. If u start small biz now, tho it myt b hard at first, but with God 'n support, it'll grow.

Traveling will b very good if u v settled ur stay from here. If it's "free".

All my urge to travel came down when I had d opportunity to leave the country and I came baq with a changed mentality. Maybe that's what's doing u too

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by consultmal97(m): 4:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
Noble11:

Haha am not in Nigeria and I know what new comers are passing through where I am right now..
Am planning to come back home by end of this year,no place like home and am not coming back for buying and selling coz am tired of it.
The young man can also use that Money to open a well organized barber shop..there is a lot you can do with 800k,it's all about planning
grin grin grin grin well i wish him good luck

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by DJInfluence: 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
enshi:

You havent adviced for one... Which would you have gone for and why

My dear nobody can tell you exactly what to do. You can look at the things i talked about and decide for yourself what is better for you. What can you live with. Either go abroad face the initial hardship and hope for the best or stay back invest your money and also hope for the best because noone can tell you if the economy will get better anytime soon and the naira is loosing value.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by bastien: 4:34pm On Feb 24, 2017
Omonigeriarere:

Really?
yes sire
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by MOSICATED5(m): 4:35pm On Feb 24, 2017
Move to d UAE bro
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Fidecoo(m): 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
enshi:
Hi nairalanders ,

Pls i need advice from everyone. Pls if you have 800k at hand would you travel abroad to hustle (legally) or would you stay here in nigeria to start up somthing.??

If you are to travel pls which country can you vouch and if its business please which business can you suggest.

Thanks in anticipation for your credible, valuable and unabashed ideas/suggestions
,, no bro. Stay here and do business. Travelling abroad these days don't pay that much and you making it there is base on probability. I had to cancel my contract with the firm I work in Dubai last year October and as I am talking to you right now,i would be willing to burn my intl passport so that I don't get tempted to travel out again.i currently earn times 3/4 of what I usually earn back then in Dubai. I can guide you on choices of profiting business here in Nigeria, if you want.E.g, like opening of a pure water company. People must drink water,be you rich or poor, wholesale in both soft and strong drinks,E.t.c. And consider what is happening in South Africa, abroad now,its a no, no. My opinion sha

2 Likes

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by manikspears: 4:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
with 800k ko le werk.oga that money no go do you o.except you wan go benin republic
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by ghetto101(m): 4:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
WHERE EXACTLY DO YOU WANT TO GO? BECOS ABROAD ABROAD NO LISTEN TO STORIES OOO AND IF NOT WITH A RESIDENCE VISAL PLZ DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE AND WHAT KIND OF BIZ YOU HAVE IDEAL ON?

enshi:
Hi nairalanders ,

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by senitorspeaker(m): 4:50pm On Feb 24, 2017
Chelsea vs swansea city: chelsea win. 800k x 1.25 = 1m fast biz

1 Like

Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by enshi(m): 4:53pm On Feb 24, 2017
Fidecoo:
,, no bro. Stay here and do business. Travelling abroad these days don't pay that much and you making it there is base on probability. I had to cancel my contract with the firm I work in Dubai last year October and as I am talking to you right now,i would be willing to burn my intl passport so that I don't get tempted to travel out again.i currently earn times 3/4 of what I usually earn back then in Dubai. I can guide you on choices of profiting business here in Nigeria, if you want.E.g, like opening of a pure water company. People must drink water,be you rich or poor, wholesale in both soft and strong drinks,E.t.c. And consider what is happening in South Africa, abroad now,its a no, no. My opinion sha

Enshigabriel@ymail.com

Pls
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Obinnaijezie(m): 4:53pm On Feb 24, 2017
With 800k you can start a good importation business, buying items cheap from China and sell on ecommerce sites like jumia and konga and make more than 100% ROI month after month without stress. If you don't know how to go about it, then you can contact me for mentoring.
www.facebook.com/obinna.ijezie
Whatsapp 08024977451
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by ITgenuis: 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2017
"...the grass ain't always green on the other side, it's green where you water it..."
#Justsaying smiley
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by InvestinOwerri(m): 5:29pm On Feb 24, 2017
Pussickpunk:
Bro, run as far as that money can carry you...Seriously there's no Jollof Rice at the end of the party if you dare decide to stay behind and do business...
Do you do sports or have I.T skills? Or any skill in general, if yes, Please pack your Load and leave the sh*thole.
Those of you saying he should venture into business, hahahaha, I laugh in greek. My cousin heard that same crap 6yrs ago and he's gnashing his teeth now...
Well, it all depends, I was in a delimma just like op years back. I later decided to remain in Nigeria & go into business, though I had more than the 800k the op has now & things werent as harsh as it is today, regardless, its not easy to break even in business but if you are smart, resilient and hardworking, ready to delay gratification and also on the lookout to diversy, then he can make it here in naija. Atleast, I'm a practical example.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by nNEOo(m): 5:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
Jacseyi:
[please can you give me information about this? quote author=nNEOo post=54012697]Give me they money and I will pay you 200k ever months

What did you typed bro
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by nNEOo(m): 5:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
Pussickpunk:

Lol, bro I was only joking....

It k, I started my with 100k n I make at least 100k a month
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by Viktor1983(m): 5:42pm On Feb 24, 2017
ayindejimmy:
Traveling abroad can only pay you when you already have someone there you can hang with till you get a job and a place.

Stayin in Nigeria... I can't guarantee that. Cos when you start a biz here that's when you'll know 800k is not much. Nigeria is such an expensive place to do biz

So if you have someone that's already doing great in places like Germany, Canada, France, Holland or even United Arab Emirates. I'll advise you pack your bags and go.

The way politicians are going, the change we need in Nigeria will take a while

Thank you for telling op the truth.
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by riczy(m): 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2017
Make I ask IFA!
Re: 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? by 100Cents: 6:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
enshi:
Hi nairalanders ,

Stay home.

Think And Grow Rich.

Explore the power of your thought life.

N800,000 is not up to $2,000 anymore, like 2 years ago, it was more than $4,000.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter / Working With The Big4, Your Experience. / Sacked Driver Clings To The Bonnet Of His Boss’ Moving Car (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.