Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,501 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:37 PM

The Basics Of Professional PR In Nigeria - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Basics Of Professional PR In Nigeria (7304 Views)

Pr In Canada And Banking Job In Nigeria For A Family Man / Adobe Photoshop Tutorial With Download Links - Basics Of Graphics Ecover Designs / Public Relations (PR) CASE-STUDIES 4 Sale: 08139458588 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Basics Of Professional PR In Nigeria by Rainmaker69(m): 5:33pm On Feb 27, 2017
dabraska:
Relax bro, you trying so hard to prove your point. Perhaps you are one of those guys who practice PR as an agency without going through the right authorities. PRCAN was created based on a bye-law from NIPR. If NIPR recognises PRCAN, what's your excuse not to?

Good luck in getting clients as a PR agency without being under PRCAN.

Bro, I'm speaking from a place of knowledge. I served you with facts. The only authority recognized by law is the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations Professionals aka NIPR.
I figured you'd come up with the bye-law story. I'm not sure you saw what I posted. prcan is a company.
Only a law made by the National Assembly or State House of Assembly can create a regulatory organization. You can ask any lawyer. Finally, we all have a duty to hold our administrative bodies to account at all times. The guys at NIPR aren't infallible, they're human beings who are prone to mistakes. It is the duty of members to ensure that they stay within the limits of the law otherwise all their actions will amount to nothing. Ive gone through the pains to type this long message so you can better understand my point.
My firm has clients bro and im not interested in PRCAN.
ps. Before you respond, please speak to a lawyer about these issues.
Re: The Basics Of Professional PR In Nigeria by dabraska: 8:07pm On Feb 27, 2017
My guy, I appreciate your efforts in typing that long reply. But I asked you a question. If NIPR recognises PRCAN, what is your excuse?

Sincerely, if your 'clients' don't care about PRCAN, I'm worried about their calibre. I really don't need to speak to a lawyer. Some things are better off not contested.

Rainmaker69:

Bro, I'm speaking from a place of knowledge. I served you with facts. The only authority recognized by law is the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations Professionals aka NIPR.
I figured you'd come up with the bye-law story. I'm not sure you saw what I posted. prcan is a company.
Only a law made by the National Assembly or State House of Assembly can create a regulatory organization. You can ask any lawyer. Finally, we all have a duty to hold our administrative bodies to account at all times. The guys at NIPR aren't infallible, they're human beings who are prone to mistakes. It is the duty of members to ensure that they stay within the limits of the law otherwise all their actions will amount to nothing. Ive gone through the pains to type this long message so you can better understand my point.
My firm has clients bro and im not interested in PRCAN.
ps. Before you respond, please speak to a lawyer about these issues.
Re: The Basics Of Professional PR In Nigeria by Youthinfo234: 9:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nice write up on PR and very intelligent contributions made here wink

In other news, PR Academy Nigeria is enrolling students sitting for NIPR June/July Diet examination.

PR Academy is the go-to place if you are seeking PR expertise that will aid your preparations for the forthcoming exam. The facilitators were once NIPR student members and they know their onions.

Classes begin March 11, 2017 (Lagos and Abuja)

Please send your Name, Phone Number(Whatsapp enabled), email address to Youthinfohub@gmail.com for further information and registration details.

A member of the Academy will be in touch.
Re: The Basics Of Professional PR In Nigeria by Rainmaker69(m): 2:01am On Feb 28, 2017
dabraska:
My guy, I appreciate your efforts in typing that long reply. But I asked you a question. If NIPR recognises PRCAN, what is your excuse?

Sincerely, if your 'clients' don't care about PRCAN, I'm worried about their calibre. I really don't need to speak to a lawyer. Some things are better off not contested.

Brotherly, my answer to your poser is simple. If the law does not recognize something, that makes it illegal.
My final question for you is: If the law does not recognize Prcan as a 'regulator', why should you? And why should you force others to join in?

(1) (2) (Reply)

LPPC Shortlists Adegboruwa, 13 Professors, Others For SAN Award / Coping After A Major Setback / Benue State Government To Commence Mock Table Payment Of Workers Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.