Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. (16700 Views)

The Universe Came Into Existence After Not Existing / The “miracles Of Nature” That Are Widely Spoken Of Nowadays / 10 Amazing Miracles Of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by jomoh: 10:10am On Feb 24, 2017
THE EXPANSION OF THE UNIVERSE

In the Qur'an, which was revealed fourteen centuries ago at a time when the science of astronomy was still primitive, the expansion of the universe was described in the following terms:

And it is We Who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We Who are steadily expanding it. (Qur'an, 51:47)

The word "heaven," as stated in the verse above, is used in various places in the Qur'an. It is referring to space and the wider universe. Here again, the word is used with this meaning, stating that the universe "expands." The Arabic word "moosiaaoona" in the term "inna lamoosiaaoona," translated into English as "it is We Who are steadily expanding it", comes from the verb "evsea," meaning "to expand." The prefix "la" emphasises the following name or title and adds a sense of "to a great extent." This expression therefore means "We expand the sky or the universe to a great extent." This is the very conclusion that science has reached today. 1

Until the dawn of the 20th century, the only view prevailing in the world of science was that "the universe has a constant nature and it has existed since infinite time." However, modern research, observations, and calculations carried out by means of modern technology have revealed that the universe in fact had a beginning and that it constantly "expands."

At the beginning of the 20th century, the Russian physicist Alexander Friedmann and the Belgian cosmologist Georges Lemaitre theoretically calculated that the universe is in constant motion and that it is expanding.

From the moment of the Big Bang, the universe has been constantly expanding at a great speed. Scientists compare the expanding universe to the surface of a balloon that is inflated.
This notion was confirmed by the use of observational data in 1929. While observing the sky with a telescope, Edwin Hubble, the American astronomer, discovered that the stars and galaxies were constantly moving away from each other. This discovery is regarded as one of the greatest in the history of astronomy. During these observations, Hubble established that the stars emit a light that turns redder according to their distance. That is because according to the known laws of physics, light heading towards a point of observation turns violet, and light moving away from that point assumes a more reddish hue. During his observations, Hubble noted a tendency towards the colour red in the light emitted by stars. In short, the stars were moving further and further away, all the time. The stars and galaxies were not only moving away from us, but also from each other. A universe where everything constantly moves away from everything else implied a constantly expanding universe. The observations carried out in the following years verified that the universe is constantly expanding.

In order to gain a clearer understanding of this, let us imagine the universe to be the surface of a balloon being inflated. In the same way that the more the balloon is inflated, the further away the points on its surface move from one another, celestial bodies also move away from one another as the universe expands. This was theoretically discovered by Albert Einstein, regarded as one of the greatest scientists of the 20th century. However, in order to avoid violating the "static universe model" that was generally accepted at that time, Einstein laid that discovery aside. He would later describe this as the greatest blunder of his life. 2

This fact was explained in the Qur'an in a time when telescopes and similar technological advancements were not even close to being invented. This is because the Qur'an is the Word of Allah: the Creator and Ruler of the entire universe.

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_02.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/02/22/nasa-announcement-live/

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by MakeWeTalk: 11:10am On Feb 24, 2017
Islam and their attempt to be like Christians.

Please show us meaningful miracles like raising the dead, that Jesus did.

Matthew 9
18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.

24 He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn.

25 But when the people were put forth, he went in, and took her by the hand, and the maid arose.

26 And the fame hereof went abroad into all that land.

Until a muslim can do this, I will follow Jesus that raises the dead.

I mean Jesus is alive and mohammed is dead, if allah cannot keep mohammed alive but Jesus is alive;
please explain why I should leave Jesus that is alive and even raises the dead to follow another islam that cannot raise the dead.

they can't even keep mohammed alive let alone raise the dead.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by Edifyer: 11:11am On Feb 24, 2017
This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah -(Quarán 2:2)

Alhamdulillah.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by 0b10010011: 11:12am On Feb 24, 2017
الله أكبر

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by abbaapple: 11:16am On Feb 24, 2017
Allahu Akbar!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by Tonka: 11:21am On Feb 24, 2017
Rubbish of highest ordee

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by Tonka: 11:23am On Feb 24, 2017
Rubbish of highest order

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by soulhighman(m): 11:26am On Feb 24, 2017
MakeWeTalk:

Matthew 9
18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.

24 He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn.

25 But when the people were put forth, he went in, and took her by the hand, and the maid arose.

I mean Jesus is alive and mohammed is dead, if allah cannot keep mohammed alive but Jesus is alive;
please explain why I should leave Jesus that is alive and even raises the dead to follow another islam that cannot raise the dead.

First and foremost, we don't need to be like you Christians. We are unique.

Secondly, the Qur'an describes a lot of miracles tgt Jesus did 'with Allah's permission'. Just as he said ij the bible that "I can of my own self do nothing".

Thirdly, Muslims respect Jesus and the authentic Islamic believe is that he wasn't killed, and that Allah saved him from being crucified.

You also need to understand that it is not a competition between Jesus and Muhammad. They are both prophets of Allah. And we respect them both.

Lastly, don't you think your intelligence should be challenged, if we go by your logic up there that your God (Jesus) was arrested and crucified by ordinary human beings and you are here saying he is alive? Meanwhile, when you wanted to compare him, you compared him with someone that we Muslims do not call God, but we call him a prophet of God and a human being and so like every other prophets, we know that it is normal for him to also die. You again shot yourself in the leg by asking why Allah did not save him from dying but God saved Jesus (as you claimed). That means you know very well that we don't call Muhammad God, but Allah is God.

Get well soon bro

128 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by drnoel: 11:27am On Feb 24, 2017
[quote author=jomoh post=54010517][/quote]

No am not muslim so despute that claimes with all severity.

I need to correct a misnomer without being bias about religion or denominations. Please the Universe is a constantly evolving complex of bodies. It has nothing to do with expansion or a prophecy of islam, Quran, Christianity or the Bible. The proofs are there, lets not deceive ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by Anikulhapo(m): 11:34am On Feb 24, 2017
Radarada but why will nairaland place restrictions on the Muslim section but anybody is allowed to enter the Christianity section?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by HighKing01(m): 11:38am On Feb 24, 2017
Accept chirst now b4 its 2 late!!!

7 Likes

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by Adeoba10(m): 11:44am On Feb 24, 2017

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by SWORD419(m): 11:45am On Feb 24, 2017
ALLAHU AKBAR!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by Edifyer: 11:50am On Feb 24, 2017
MakeWeTalk:

Matthew 9

Seriously? Is that how you reason? I feel sorry for you. May Allah guide you. of course Jesus did miracles but with God permission read John 5:30, act 2: 22.. for your information not only Jesus that raised the dead. Elijah the prophet raised the widow of Zarephath’s son from the dead, (1 Kings 17:17–24). Other prophets too did some miracles with God permission. Jesus miracles are mention in the Qurán: [5:110]

[The Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, remember My favor upon you and upon your mother when I supported you with the Pure Spirit and you spoke to the people in the cradle and in maturity; and [remember] when I taught you writing and wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel; and when you designed from clay [what was] like the form of a bird with My permission, then you breathed into it, and it became a bird with My permission; and you healed the blind and the leper with My permission; and when you brought forth the dead with My permission; and when I restrained the Children of Israel from [killing] you when you came to them with clear proofs and those who disbelieved among them said, "This is not but obvious magic.".

Please go and read some scientific errors and contradictions in the bible.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by MakeWeTalk: 11:51am On Feb 24, 2017
Adeoba10:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4913171_img20170224114342444_jpeg9e3d43bb4554dc268f35acc0f5a39a4c

Jesus is not a man but God who came in the flesh.

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

14 And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jesus died for us to live unlike allah that demand muslims die for him.

Hadith 53:352
Allah's prophet said, "Allah guarantees him who strives in His Cause and whose motivation for going out is nothing BUT JIHAD IN HIS CAUSE and belief in His Word, that HE WILL ADMIT HIM INTO PARADISE (if martyred) or bring him back to his dwelling place, whence he has come out, with what he gains of reward and booty."

Surah 4:74
So let those fight in the cause of Allah who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter. And he who fights in the cause of Allah and is killed or achieves victory - We will bestow upon him a great reward.

19 Likes

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by bash4us(m): 11:51am On Feb 24, 2017
HighKing01:
Accept chirst now b4 its 2 late!!!

We already accept Jesus long before your great granny era as a prophet. Dont be surprise we adore him better than you do.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by sissoko22(m): 11:54am On Feb 24, 2017
Anikulhapo:
Radarada but why will nairaland place restrictions on the Muslim section but anybody is allowed to enter the Christianity section?

Your problem

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 24, 2017
Anikulhapo:
I understand, it is painful expecially this is not coming from bible

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by farouk0403(m): 11:57am On Feb 24, 2017
Aslm my brothers and sisters in islam, I have a question, according to islam it is believe that there are 7 sky the 8th one is where Al'arsh is, I dont't know whether I get it right or not, I stand to be corrected.
I have seen it so many times in discovery channel and Nat geo the space is just a black space with just the solar system around it, and if move further there is nothing except old aged sun erupting like volcano, it is belief that the sun is there over billions of years according to NASA. I have so many things in my mind but I will stop here, my question is please I need more enlightenment to this controversies to clear my mind.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by Realedu: 11:57am On Feb 24, 2017
soulhighman:

Secondly, the Qur'an describes a lot of miracles tgt Jesus did 'with Allah's permission'. Just as he said ij the bible that "I can of my own self do nothing".

Thirdly, Muslims respect Jesus and the authentic Islamic believe is that he wasn't killed, and that Allah saved him from being crucified.

You also need to understand that it is not a competition between Jesus and Muhammad. They are both prophets of Allah. And we respect them both.

Lastly, don't you think your intelligence should be challenged, if we go by your logic up there that your God (Jesus) was arrested and crucified by ordinary human beings and you are here saying he is alive? Meanwhile, when you wanted to compare him, you compared him with someone that we Muslims do not call God, but we call him a prophet of God and a human being and so like every other prophets, we know that it is normal for him to also die. You again shot yourself in the leg by asking why Allah did not save him from dying but God saved Jesus (as you claimed). That means you know very well that we don't call Muhammad God, but Allah is God.
Jesus promised Holy Spirit not a prophet
Get well soon bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by sissoko22(m): 12:04pm On Feb 24, 2017
Sometimes keeping quite is possibly the be option. You only make a fool and mockery of yourself from your comment.

MakeWeTalk:

Matthew 9

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by mammanbawa: 12:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
soulhighman:

Get well soon bro

God bless you brother. Juma'ah Mubarak

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by Edifyer: 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2017
MakeWeTalk:

Jesus is not a man but God who came in the flesh.

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

14 And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jesus died for us to live unlike allah that demand muslims die for him.

Hadith 53:352
Allah's prophet said, "Allah guarantees him who strives in His Cause and whose motivation for going out is nothing BUT JIHAD IN HIS CAUSE and belief in His Word, that HE WILL ADMIT HIM INTO PARADISE (if martyred) or bring him back to his dwelling place, whence he has come out, with what he gains of reward and booty."

Surah 4:74
So let those fight in the cause of Allah who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter. And he who fights in the cause of Allah and is killed or achieves victory - We will bestow upon him a great reward.

I doubt if there is any verse in the Qurán with clear instruction like this 1 Samuel 15:3

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"

15 Likes

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2017
The more you read and understand glorious Quran the more everything clear to you.
There so many scientific proofs that this HOLY book came fro God Himself.
What about our finger print
What about two seas meeting yet there are gap between them
What about embryology
What about , if out skins removed we would neither no what is cool or hot
WHAT about Mountains how their used to peg earth
What sun and moon
What about honey bee
What create of earth out of nothing
What about rains which is in measure .etc.
Quran is a book that brought light into darkness
If doubt produce a verse like it.noone has done that since it was brought to us.
No new version, no new testament, the name of the book itself is in the book.
You can quote me if you like
Jumaat mubark!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by jomoh: 12:14pm On Feb 24, 2017
drnoel:

No am not muslim so despute that claimes with all severity.

I need to correct a misnomer without being bias about religion or denominations. Please the Universe is a constantly evolving complex of bodies. It has nothing to do with expansion or a prophecy of islam, Quran, Christianity or the Bible. The proofs are there, lets not deceive ourselves.

You won't know all these proofs without the .odern technology.

Please tell me how old are you and the modern technology? less than 200years old.

The Quran is over 1400years old has stated this more than 1200years before technology was even born.

“We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Quran) is the truth” Quran 41 verse 53 [Fussilat 41:53]

" And now they reject the truth when it reaches them: but soon shall they learn the reality of what they used to mock at.

See they not how many of those before them We did destroy? Generations We had established on the earth, in strength such as We have not given to you, for whom We poured out rain from the skies in abundance, and gave streams flowing beneath their (feet): yet for their sins We destroyed them, and raised in their wake fresh generations (to succeed them)."

Al-Anaam - 6:5-6

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by drnoel: 12:35pm On Feb 24, 2017
jomoh:

Please tell me how you and modern technology (less than 200years old) come to know about these proofs that the Quran (over 1400years old) has stated over 1400 years ago.

So u mean the Quran was there before Galileo, Pythagoras, Socrates, Da Vinci and the rest renowned astronomers? Please I don't mean to be rude but don't be naive. All the hypothesis of these men have been either confirmed by mordern science or disproved. So far in my Studies there has been nothing cited or quoted from the Quran or the Bible that has been repeated by the fathers of astronomy and I have read both the Quran and the Bible to confirm. In fact a friend of mine wrote it as his thesis for his finals years back. Lets please stick to facts and not fantasy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by goingape1: 12:36pm On Feb 24, 2017
[quote author=jomoh post=54010517][/quote]see them forming lie!
most theory and if not many discovery was base on the bible and not Qur'an!

the Qur'an was just a counterfeited copy of the bible, nothing much and nothing less.
the only thing I know the Quran is legitimately unique is that verse which talk about jihad (killing of other people)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by umar4info(m): 12:40pm On Feb 24, 2017
Edifyer:

Seriously? Is that how you reason? I feel sorry for you. May Allah guide you. of course Jesus did miracles but with God permission read John 5:30, act 2: 22.. for your information not only Jesus that raised the dead. Elijah the prophet raised the widow of Zarephath’s son from the dead, (1 Kings 17:17–24). Other prophets too did some miracles with God permission. Jesus miracles are mention in the Qurán: [5:110]

[The Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, remember [b]My favor upon you and upon your mother When I supported you with the Pure Spirit and you spoke to the people in the cradle and in maturity; and [remember] when I taught you writing and wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel; and when you designed from clay [what was] like the form of a bird with My permission, then you breathed into it, and it became a bird with My permission; and you healed the blind and the leper with My permission; and when you brought forth the dead with My permission; and when I restrained the Children of Israel from [killing] you when you came to them with clear proofs and those who disbelieved among them said, "This is not but obvious magic.[/b]".

Please go and read some scientific errors and contradictions in the bible.

Cant you see?
Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by goingape1: 12:41pm On Feb 24, 2017
drnoel:

So u mean the Quran was there before Galileo, Pythagoras, Socrates, Da Vinci and the rest renowned astronomers? Please I don't mean to be rude but don't be naive. All the hypothesis of these men have been either confirmed by mordern science or disproved. So far in my Studies there has been nothing cited or quoted from the Quran or the Bible that has been repeated by the fathers of astronomy and I have read both the Quran and the Bible to confirm. In fact a friend of mine wrote it as his thesis for his finals years back. Lets please stick to facts and not fantasy
I can tell you one!

if you read job he talk about gravity and the sphericity of the earth.

not more than a century ago scientists discovered that the earth is spherical in shape.

many people believe that the earth was flat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by drnoel: 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2017
soulhighman:

Get well soon bro

Pls this is a discussion not a competition between Christianity and Islam. As far as am concerned everyone can keep their belief, it means nothing to me at the long run. Whats important it that the truth is not watered down by religion and that known facts remain so and not adulterated.
Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by Adeoba10(m): 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
MakeWeTalk:

"As He was setting out on a journey, a man ran up to Him and knelt before Him, and asked Him, ‘Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?’ And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.’" Mark 10:17-18

By wrenching such statements out of their immediate and overall contexts, the impression is given that the Lord Jesus is actually denying he is God since he denies that he is good in the sense that God is good. The questioner's logic goes something like this:

1. God alone is (absolutely) good.
2. Jesus is not (absolutely) good.
3. Therefore, Jesus is not God.

6 Likes

Re: Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. by jomoh: 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
drnoel:

You are indeed not only naive but very very very very ignorant and uneducated.

Please Google all the names you mentioned above and learn about their time of existence.

BTW how old do you really think the Quran is?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Major Shirk And Minor Shirk / Prophetic Cure To Scorpion Sting / Miracle Baby Born In Russia With Quranic Verses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.