Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,823 members, 7,806,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (help) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (help) (1461 Views)

After 27 Years Of Marriage, 57-year-old Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Twins / Lady Forgives Her Father 27 Years After He Abandoned Her / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 27 Years Of Childless Marriage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (help) by berry55: 10:28am On Feb 24, 2017
I am a young lady of 27 years,i dated a guy for four years. We were planning to get married 2years ago, so we did test and discovered that we have the same genotype (AS).
I don’t want to have sickle cell children because i know what families with sickle cell children are passing through, and so i left the relationship early last year and right now i’m in a new relationship with a guy that has AA genotype and this guy is very serious and wants to marry me. The problem now is that my ex-boyfriend is doing everything humanly possible to have me back and also telling me to overlook this genotype thing and believe in God cos there’s nothing God cannot do,i love him no doubt but i also love this my present guy so much.
In-fact i don’t know what to do, i need advise.Thanks
Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (help) by Freewoman(f): 10:39am On Feb 24, 2017
berry55:
I am a young lady of 27 years,i dated a guy for four years. We were planning to get married 2years ago, so we did test and discovered that we have the same genotype (AS).
I don’t want to have sickle cell children because i know what families with sickle cell children are passing through, and so i left the relationship early last year and right now i’m in a new relationship with a guy that has AA genotype and this guy is very serious and wants to marry me. The problem now is that my ex-boyfriend is doing everything humanly possible to have me back and also telling me to overlook this genotype thing and believe in God cos there’s nothing God cannot do,i love him no doubt but i also love this my present guy so much.
In-fact i don’t know what to do, i need advise.Thanks

Don't be blind folded with the first love you have, go ahead to do the right thing, if you have sick-cell child in your family, you will be the one that will be taking care of the child while he will be somewhere enjoying him self with other ladies, pls be wise enough to do the right thing on time, It is the same God that brought about the scientific method of checking Geno-type, so that wisdom belong to God, don't be deceive, be advised, enjoy the new guy and i wishes you the best of luck

1 Like

Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (help) by regularjoe8080(m): 10:40am On Feb 24, 2017
First of all are you a God fearing girl meaning to say are you a christian? If yes you can ask God in prayer He will direct your path... The only thing I see you doing is that you have made your choice and now want someone to do some magic for you...you don't have to follow the flesh on taking decision like this...put everything in prayer involve a praying partner a pastor or a sister that is spirit of God fill. God bless you. ..
Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (help) by stunningjudy(f): 10:48am On Feb 24, 2017
Berry55, the tortures of having a sickler is real. The pains both you and the child will go through. There's nothing God cannot do but we should equally learn not to blindly walk into certain situations and expect God to perform miracles.

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (help) by PMPhoenix(m): 11:10am On Feb 24, 2017
The possibility you both being carriers having an SS kid is 1/4. I don't know about you, but those are pretty good odds to me, especially for somebody you love, and in marriage love and trust should always come first. Having an SS is very tough and daunting challenge, but have faith and believe in each other, you're both adults, and you won't be the first pair of carriers to get married, people live with much much worse
Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (help) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 24, 2017
Pls ma,marry the guy with the AA genotype...u already know the consequences of marrying the guy.think with ur brain abeg

1 Like

Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (help) by mirabeljenny: 2:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
Don't test God you will have yourself to blame. Mind you, love alone is not enough reason to get married.

Don't come to nairaland lamenting about your husband's nonchalant attitude towards you and your child(ren) after marriage. At the end of the day it will be your problem not his.

Use your head.

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (help) by sisisioge: 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2017
Are you seriously confused? I doubt! Reason: you are a smart young lady of 27yrs who knows what families with SS children pass through. Issue resolved cool!
Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (help) by Richy4(m): 5:41pm On Feb 24, 2017
The love you feel you got for him will die down when your fear becomes a reality...Tempt not the lord your God sad...
Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (help) by Olasco93: 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2017
Don't put God to test by saying you have faith even though it's good to have faith.
In your case, obedience is better than Sacrifice.
Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (help) by ststyreal(f): 11:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
Don't mind those people telling you to have faith and that there is nothing God cannot do, yes I agree that there is nothing God cannot do but will u see a fuming fire and decides to jump into it with the notion that there is nothing God cannot do? Just follow this second guy and ask God to perfect your Union because when the crisis will start, even your child will hate you for putting him/her through the pain. Now that you know your genotype, my friend, run from your first guy and focus on this your new guy, na my truthful advice I give you so.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (help) by Dyt(f): 2:15am On Feb 25, 2017
Ori awon elomi omape ke?
Love?
Miracles?

It's confirmed some people are stupid
Seriously advising someone to love and expect miracles when you know the consequences Is absurd

SMH

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (help) by inemani: 3:04am On Feb 25, 2017
AA any day any time. AS to AS can only work if God intervenes, remember, the burden of nursing a sickle cell child na for your head e go dey
Re: I Am A Young Lady Of 27 Years,i Dated A Guy For Four Years (help) by Nyceguy92: 4:45am On Feb 25, 2017
The Bible asks "Does a man gather fire in his bosom and not be burnt?"

It beats me how some people, here, advice that a matter that requires pure rational decision be taken to God in prayer.

My sister, please refer to one of my posts about AS genotype individual marrying a fellow AS. It's as if i wrote that piece for you.

Like others advised, you should not marry the AS guy because when the reality of a sickler hits you, there will be lots of nagging and regrets. The love will then fade.

You are good with AA guy.

(1) (Reply)

Black Mother Gives Birth To One In A Million WHITE Daughter With Blue Eyes / Please : Your Advice Is Urgently Needed / Flat Tummy /waist Shaper Belt @ #6500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.