Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,692 members, 7,805,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia (8325 Views)

Poll: Is This A Good Initiative?

Yes: 38% (26 votes)
No: 61% (42 votes)
This poll has ended

11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate / Buhari Phobia: N2.5b Adada Dam Contractor Rushes Back To Site / Dangote To Site $8bn Refinery In Olokola FTZ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by mekusxxx: 6:28am On Dec 11, 2009
FG to site gun factory in Abia
11 December, 2009 01:43:00 STEVE OKO, Umuahia

Federal Government is to set up a gun factory in Ngwa land, Abia State, to fight criminality in the area, Deputy Governor of Abia State, Comrade Chris Akomas, has said.

Akomas who disclosed this recently in Umuahia, the state capital during his investiture as the Distinguished Life Patron of Police Community Relations Committee (PCRC) said, the proposal was to convert the ingenuity of the disgruntled elements in the area who produce arms for criminals in their local gun factories into a better use for national interest.

He said when the project comes into full stream, the Nigeria military and paramilitary formations could be getting their arms supply from the factory while the rate of crime in Ngwaland would be reduced.

He said the newly incorporated Abia Refineries Ltd. would soon begin operations at Owaza in Ukwa West LGA (Abia South Senatorial Zone), while a cement factory at Arochukwu (Abia North); and the dry port at Isiala Ngwa North (Abia Central) were part of the state government’s efforts towards industrial revolution of the state.

Akomas who said crime wave in the state especially robbery and kidnapping for ransom had drastically declined, commended the efforts of the state police command on crime control and reiterated the commitment of the state government in equipping the police for greater results.

He lauded efforts of the new Commissioner of Police, Mr. Jonathan Johnson whose dexterity in combating crime he said, was responsible for the relative peace and tranquillity in the state and described him as honest, God-fearing and dedicated police officer.

Meanwhile, Akomas has dedicated the award to his late father, a retired police officer for instilling discipline in him during his childhood days, and pledged his continued support to the police for greater results.

Earlier the chairman PCRC Abia State, Dr. Ugochukwu Obi, said the honour was in recognition of the Akomas achievements, harmonious working relations with the governor and his favourable disposition to the police.

He, however, decried the lack of befitting accommodation for officers and men of the state police command especially those on transfer, and disclosed that plans were under way by the PCRC to erect a transit camp for police officers and men newly deployed to the state before they secure a permanent apartment.

Obi said lack of adequate accommodation for police posed a serious challenge to their effective performance, hence, the proposal of the PCRC to embark on the project.

He harped on the need for a harmonious relationship between Divisional Police Officers and their Divisional PCRC chairmen as they have better knowledge of the terrain, custom and attitudinal behaviour of their respective communities, stressing that such collaboration would enhance effective actualization of community policing efforts.

He appealed to investors who allegedly fled the state at the peak of kidnapping to return for business as the menace was now history, and attributed the success recorded in the fight against crime to the commitment of the new CP.

In his remarks, Mr. Johnson reiterated the resolve of his men to make Abia State uninhabitable for hoodlums and called for the cooperation of the public through volunteering of useful information that could help in tracking down criminal elements in the state.

He suggested the citing of a mechanized agriculture industry in the Ngwa area of the state to generate employment for some jobless youths who are easily recruited to crime due to idleness.

He commended the numerous efforts of the state government in equipping the police, which includes the recent procurement of 40 patrol vans, and appealed to the governor to assist the command to link up its communication station in Aba with the one in Umuahia for effective crime control, and vowed to rid Abia of criminals.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200912110157.html
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by mekusxxx: 6:29am On Dec 11, 2009
Abia people dey make gun? Hahaha! The people 2 mush again. The FGN better tap into this ingenuity now.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by mekusxxx: 6:37am On Dec 11, 2009
BTW, Ngwa people are the chief bad eggs of Abia. They are involved in most of the crimes in that state.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Kobojunkie: 6:40am On Dec 11, 2009
Federal government of nigeria? In the business of making guns? Roflmao!!!! Afi Abia no!!! Roflmao!!!
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by blacksta(m): 7:03am On Dec 11, 2009
I just hope the guns dont back fire.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by AloyEmeka6: 7:08am On Dec 11, 2009
Why is manufacturing guns their priority?
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Luvties(m): 7:23am On Dec 11, 2009
I smell a rat in manufacturing those guns.
"FGN" i pray we did not accept!
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by netpro(m): 9:03am On Dec 11, 2009
Nigeria is funny oh. Ngwa people are good with art and craft works, but does that mean putting it to good use is to produce guns. To fight poverty? grin This is a very poor thinking and strategy. I hope they establish the factory but produce something better.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by yarodin: 9:15am On Dec 11, 2009
mekusxxx:

BTW, Ngwa people are the chief bad eggs of Abia. They are involved in most of the crimes in that state.

You a fucking slowpoke for real.  You go around attacking yorubas but it is because of trouble makers like yourself that Igbos are not united.  Now I understand why Biafra will continue to be a dream.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by citizenY(m): 9:47am On Dec 11, 2009
. :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by mrperfect(m): 11:35am On Dec 11, 2009
I think this is welcome development rather than attacking them just use and channel them into something positive.
If they accepted this since after the war Nigeria would have gone far in Amination manufacturing of different types not just gun.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by ud4u: 11:59am On Dec 11, 2009
Gun factory kwa, what does gun factory has to do with fighting crime. So they want to hide under cover for not protecting their citizens all these years.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by mekusxxx: 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2009
yarodin:

You a bleeping slowpoke for real.  You go around attacking yorubas but it is because of trouble makers like yourself that Igbos are not united.  Now I understand why Biafra will continue to be a dream.

Don't be like the Yoruba who always live in denial. The dep gov of Abia is an Ngwa man and he has said it clearly that there is high criminality in Ngwaland. We also read about it everyday in the news. Most of the kidnappings in Abia take place in Ngwaland, in addition to all the illegal baby factories recently busted there. Armed robbery Nko?. It seems you are an ngwa person and I know it might hurt; but that is the absolute truth. Let's always learn to say it the way it is. Biafra has nothing to do with this ok?
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Gekko(m): 7:21pm On Dec 11, 2009
These clowns want to manufacture guns, lmao. How about they start manufacturing electricity, food, building materials, textiles, petroleum products etc
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 11, 2009
LMAO. . . .
Nigeria??
to set up cork and shoot factory??

LMAO!
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by debosky(m): 8:19pm On Dec 11, 2009
Ridiculous - arms factory will reduce the crime rate?

How do these people get into office?
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by yarodin: 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2009
mekusxxx:

Don't be like the Yoruba who always live in denial. The dep gov of Abia is an Ngwa man and he has said it clearly that there is high criminality in Ngwaland. We also read about it everyday in the news. Most of the kidnappings in Abia take place in Ngwaland, in addition to all the illegal baby factories recently busted there. Armed robbery Nko?. It seems you are an ngwa person and I know it might hurt; but that is the absolute truth. Let's always learn to say it the way it is. Biafra has nothing to do with this ok?

Yes I am Ngwa and if I may ask where in Abia are you from? High criminality in Ngwaland does that translate to the whole of Abia State? You might as well blame the pathetic state in which Abia finds itself on Ngwa people I am sure that will make you and you people very happy.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by jona2: 9:25pm On Dec 11, 2009
lol.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 12, 2009
looks like mekush*t has some ancient conflict going on with abia

shocked shocked

is abia not Igboland again abi how can he be posting this type of comment

abia no be yoruba nah
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by sjeezy8: 12:26am On Dec 12, 2009
tribalism within tribes lmfao
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by mekusxxx: 12:31am On Dec 12, 2009
yarodin:

Yes I am Ngwa and if I may ask where in Abia are you from? High criminality in Ngwaland does that translate to the whole of Abia State? You might as well blame the pathetic state in which Abia finds itself on Ngwa people I am sure that will make you and you people very happy.

I am not from Abia but I know enough of Ngwaland to be able to match any argument on this topic. You are right that the state is pathetic (like most states of Nigeria are) but it is so for other residents of the state and not just Ngwa people. I think the FGN should create out an Ngwa state so that the stigma of Aba can move to the new state. Read my post and make some more sense out of it, for your response is completely out of sync.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by mekusxxx: 12:32am On Dec 12, 2009
sjeezy8:

tribalism within tribes lmfao

I wish you can condemn the big bad wolves in your own backyard. Can you?
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by mekusxxx: 12:35am On Dec 12, 2009
tpia.:

looks like mekush*t has some ancient conflict going on with abia

shocked shocked

is abia not Igboland again abi how can he be posting this type of comment

abia no be yoruba nah

The taste of the pudding is in the eating. I have always condemned my own relations when wrong, how much more Ngwaland (Abia), or Yoruba. You really do not know me, do you?
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 12, 2009
^^you probably have some other ids called aloy emeka, etc
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by sjeezy8: 1:01am On Dec 12, 2009
lol ^
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 12, 2009
FGN, i like una style
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by igboboy1(m): 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2009
Why not car factory? Na gun Naija wan begin export?
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by agitator: 1:01pm On Dec 12, 2009
mekusxxx:

I wish you can condemn the big bad wolves in your own backyard. Can you?

If  Nigerians generally can think like this, the country would have been better a long time ago.

People always wanting to condemn others, but hiding their own.

God bless mekusxxx
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Digriz(m): 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2009
Gun factory!
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 12, 2009
First on igbo agenda is to loot the factory,rob some banks and declare biafra state
dumbest idea by fg in history.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by Horus(m): 1:41pm On Dec 12, 2009
This will not fight crime because someone who work in this factory can easily supply arms and ammunition to the criminal underworld around Nigeria.
Re: Fg To Site Gun Factory In Abia by debosky(m): 1:42pm On Dec 12, 2009
Horus:

This will not fight crime because someone who work in this factory can easily supply arms and ammunition to the criminal underworld around Nigeria.

Exactly - it is the height of idiocy to think that simply having more guns will prevent crime - lack of intelligence, poverty and collusion of the security forces with members of the underworld are a far greater threat to society than the number of weapons available.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ilorin Is Not A Yoruba Land / Governor Oyebanji Urges Ekiti Traditional Leaders To Support Tinubu (Video) / Early Results From INEC Resut Viewing Potal Show LP In Lead In Lagos And Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.