Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,433 members, 7,781,267 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:30 AM

President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad (21074 Views)

"Buhari Didn't Invite Naomi Campbell To Eko Atlantic City Launch"- Bashir Ahmaad / Osinbajo, APC Governors In Closed-door Meeting - Pictures / Bayo Omoboriowo Has Not Been Sacked As Buhari's Personal Photographer - Ahmaad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by Image123(m): 3:23pm On Feb 24, 2017
Yes he never did. It was Okorocha that said that rubbish while campaigning for Buhari. Nonetheless, Buhari should be very ashamed of the current rates .

1 Like

Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by obailala(m): 3:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
mrikay:

Vanguard www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

Daily Post dailypost.ng/2015/03/23/i-will-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-buhari/

And finally Buhari live on google promising the impossible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sWIfFWrWPU

Happy Friday!
This are the kind of things that make me give up sometimes on arguing with strangers online especially on Nairaland. Firstly, did you read and comprehend the Vanguard report you posted above?... or did you just read the Title like so many others and the weird interpretation of the reporter?

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.

The above is the exact statement of Buhari as reported in the story; every other thing in the report from the title to the first sentence is the interpretation of the writer on the statement above. Strangely, every other journalist present at the stadium reported it as it is except the Vanguard guy. I'm sure you did 'English Language' in school and understand 'English Comprehension'?... I'm also sure you understand the use of quotation marks to report the 'exact' statements of a person?.. Now can you justify your education by confirming to us how the quoted statement above can be interpreted as $1 = N1?

Regarding the youtube video you posted, I would act like i didnt see that, because I want to assume you should know Buhari's voice.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by mrikay: 3:34pm On Feb 24, 2017
obailala:
This are the kind of things that make me give up sometimes on arguing with strangers online especially on Nairaland. Firstly, did you read and comprehend the Vanguard report you posted above?... or did you just read the Title like so many others and the weird interpretation of the reporter?

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.

The above is the exact statement of Buhari as reported in the story; every other thing in the report from the title to the first sentence is the interpretation of the writer on the statement above. I'm sure you did 'English Language' in school and understand 'English Comprehension'?... I'm also sure you understand the use of quotation marks to report the 'exact' statements of a person?.. Now can you justify your education by confirming to us how the quoted statement above can be interpreted as $1 = N1?

Regarding the youtube video you posted, I would act like i didnt see that, because I want to assume you should know Buhari's voice.

Well, unless you want to go the whole hog and get forensic voice detection equipment... Yes, that is Buhari's voice.
Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by mrikay: 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2017
mrikay:

Well, unless you want to go the whole hog and get forensic voice detection equipment... Yes, that is Buhari's voice.

Its all a lot clearer in this article.. www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/can-buhari-make-naira-equal-to-dollar/
Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by obailala(m): 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2017
mrikay:

Oh... Lol... Okay, now i get what is going on. You actually just need brain cells not forensic voice detection equipment. grin
Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by lonamy: 3:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
I want to believe it is better for Buhari to stay in the exile watching Naira appreciating against dollar.
It is like, Buhari actually does not have certificate. He does not know economy.

Anybody making life difficult for Nigerians shall relocate in Jesus name.
Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by loomer: 3:45pm On Feb 24, 2017
seguno2:

Why you want put them for tight corner like that?
Lol.

But na true na, or them go say dem no make any promise at all?

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by optimus106(m): 3:51pm On Feb 24, 2017
TPAND:
Buahri Promised to make $1 to N1. I was under the scorching sun that day in Kano and i heard it loud and clear

Oya nah. .shey you vote for them bah? They will be expecting your vote again by 2019 so stay tuned grin grin
Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by Toketimt: 4:12pm On Feb 24, 2017
obailala:

The above is the exact statement of Buhari as reported in the story; every other thing in the report from the title to the first sentence is the interpretation of the writer on the statement above. Strangely, every other journalist present at the stadium reported it as it is except the Vanguard guy. I'm sure you did 'English Language' in school and understand 'English Comprehension'?... I'm also sure you understand the use of quotation marks to report the 'exact' statements of a person?.. Now can you justify your education by confirming to us how the quoted statement above can be interpreted as $1 = N1?

Don't mind the fool. He is too daft to read and comprehend.
Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by obailala(m): 4:14pm On Feb 24, 2017
Toketimt:

Don't mind the fool. He is too daft to read and comprehend.
I ran away from the argument when he said the voice in the youtube video he posted was buhari's. shocked Apparently I was conversing with a 'challenged' person all along lipsrsealed
Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by Toketimt: 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
obailala:
I ran away from the argument when he said the voice in the youtube video he posted was buhari's. shocked Apparently I was conversing with a 'challenged' person all along lipsrsealed

The fool invariably recorded it himself and attributed it to Buhari.
Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by Abagworo(m): 5:27pm On Feb 24, 2017
Of course it's a beer parlour gist turned news by mischief makers. It was never said.
Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by Blissfulend: 5:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
How lovely! You are absolutely right Alhaji Bashir Ahmaad. PMB never promised to make 1naira equal to 1$, on the contrary he promised to make 1$ equal to 1000naira and he is fast achieving that.
Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by dckng16(m): 6:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

That's true

Osibanjo and Buhari never promised to make $1 to exchange for 1 naira

I still remember their campaign promises

They promised to make $1 to exchange for 512 naira which they have achieved in just 1 year

Thanks to Osibanjo, Buhari and APC

I wish Buhari would rule Nigeria for 30 more years

Buhari is the best president on earth

grin grin grin. U just Hit the nail on their Head
Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by ivandragon: 6:11pm On Feb 24, 2017
PMB never promised outrightly to make $1=N1.

but he clearly inferred that the exchange rate at that time was unacceptable ($1=N230)

so the question now is, is the present rate 'acceptable'? ($1=N520)...

that's the crux of the matter...

I noticed some PMB supporters stylishly dodged the issue of patronizing 'local'... hope PMB gets reminded of this & begins to patronise our local hospitals & relaxation spots...
Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by winj3: 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
Nigerians got it wrong, they promised $1 = N1000

too much gari making the citizens not see the 3 zeros.
Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by bizhop01: 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
Is true,he only promise 1$ equal to #700 befor 2019
Re: President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad by Jok3r(m): 8:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
Naijahelm:
President Muhammadu Buhari's Media Aide, Bashir Ahmaad has said, President Buhari, Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo and All Progressive Congress (APC) never promised Nigerians to make $1 = N1

http://www.naijahelm.com/2017/02/president-buhari-osinbajo-apc-never.html?m=1

http://twitter.com/BashirAhmaad/status/835049706753515520

Lalasticlala
it is well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pwc Full Forensic Report On NNPC Download Here / Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries / Boko Haram's Threat To Capture Buhari: Defence Headquarters Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.