Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It (1855 Views)

Latest Whatsapp GB App With 'new Status Feature' Update.2017 / How To Disable/remove The New Whatsapp Status Feature / Whatsapp Launches New 'status' Feature For Sharing Videos And Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It by Reediano(m): 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
The new WhatsApp status feature which was announced few days ago is now available on android, iOS and windows smartphone. The new ''snapchat story'' insired feature lets users send photos, videos and GIFs through Status to share special moments throughout their day with friends and family.

The latest whatsapp version which is packed with the latest feature has now been pushed out to all users all around the world. All you need do is to update your whatsapp from playstore, apple store or windows app store.
just like your instagram stories, the new whatsapp status also comes with privacy option which lets you control who sees your status update.

How to Use The Whatsapp Status
Once you update your WhatsApp application, you will see the WhatsApp status update tab near the Calls and Chats tab.
>> click on the Status tab.

>> Here you will see all the status messages posted by your contacts.

>> You can reply any status message by tapping on the status. The reply will be sent just like a regular chat with the snapshot of the status included.

>> You can also post your own Status update by clicking on the dotted circle with plus sign (it's on the top right corner of the screen). Or you can just click on "My Status".

>> Once you click on it, the camera will open, and you can just long press to shoot a video. You can send as video or edit it as a GIF. Or just click on it to take a photo.

>> Your Status message will automatically expire after 24 hours.

>> You can also delete your status message before 24 hours , to delete, just tap on the 3 dots in front of your Status. In the next Window, long press the Status and select delete option.

How to Control Who Sees your Status Update
Just like your instagram stories, whatsapp gives you control over who sees your status update.

For iOS Users:
>> Click on the privacy option at the top.
>> You will see three different options “my contacts,” “contacts except…” and “only share with…”
>> Select one and personalize it the way you want.

For Android Users:
>> Click on the Status Privacy option in the settings.
>> Tap the three dots on top of WhatsApp homepage.
>> Status Privacy option will appear at the top.
>> You will see three different options “my contacts,” “contacts except…” and “only share with…”
>> Select one and personalize it the way you want.
http://www.yomitech.com/2017/02/how-to-use-whatsapp-status-feature.html
Re: Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It by Gadgetssai(m): 1:29pm On Feb 25, 2017
Howdy viewers how many of you using whats app my question is silly right... you are all thinking what are you talking we are all whatsapp fans right... so, my question is how many of you update your whatsapp now, give me your reply in comment section.

ok, here is my today topic on whatsapp new update details
and compare this details with snapchat stories.
so, let's do it

https:///ABwyh1

http://www.psiphoniphone.com/2017/02/whatsapp-status-features-compare-with.html
Re: Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It by pinkyruledworld(m): 7:39pm On Feb 25, 2017
the simplicity in whats app has been tampered with

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It by encryptjay(m): 8:13pm On Feb 25, 2017
pinkyruledworld:
I don't know why all these Snapchat fans are praising such a useless update. My current WhatsApp account is/was meant to be on low key levels but after I did the update, I'm being more careful cos very few people have my current number.
I prefer a situation where I'll update a status and not start selecting who to view it.

Now status duration is 24 hrs (wetin be this?)
No need downgrading cos you'll have to upgrade later when they inform you that you're using an obsolete version of their app.

I wanted to experiment with 'those who give a fvck meme' by selecting a friend but it went to my contacts. Thank the gods that I was using EDGE so I canceled/Intercepted it grin
Re: Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It by Reediano(m): 11:56am On Feb 26, 2017
encryptjay:

I don't know why all these Snapchat fans are praising such a useless update. My current WhatsApp account is/was meant to be on low key levels but after I did the update, I'm being more careful cos very few people have my current number.
I prefer a situation where I'll update a status and not start selecting who to view it.

Now status duration is 24 hrs (wetin be this?)
No need downgrading cos you'll have to upgrade later when they inform you that you're using an obsolete version of their app.

I wanted to experiment with 'those who give a fvck meme' by selecting a friend but it went to my contacts. Thank the gods that I was using EDGE so I canceled/Intercepted it grin

This is just Facebook's way of getting back at Snapchat for not selling the company to them....

For me, I will just stick with GBWhatsapp For Now

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It by Reediano(m): 12:13pm On Feb 26, 2017
pinkyruledworld:

You are right bro

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 26, 2017
Boring update....whatsapp are busily copying snapchat....Probably because snapchat didn't agree to sell the company to them.WhatsApp will fall domeday

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It by babatee126(m): 1:50pm On Feb 26, 2017
Tecno Camon C9 Specification and Reviews ~ Latest Technology, Mobile App, MTN GLO AIRTEL and Etisalat Gist http://www.9jaboizgist.com.ng/2017/02/tecno-camon-c9-specification-and-reviews.html?m=1
Re: Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It by Rilwayne001: 1:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
I truly love the latest update, it is quite awesome.
Re: Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It by Reediano(m): 2:56pm On Feb 26, 2017
TechEnthusiast:
Boring update....whatsapp are busily copying snapchat....Probably because snapchat didn't agree to sell the company to them.WhatsApp will fall domeday

U get it bro...

Mark Zuckerberg is looking for all means to kill that company for not selling

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
Reediano:

U get it bro...

Mark Zuckerberg is looking for all means to kill that company for not selling
I suddenly now hate mark,he has billions of dollars yet he doesn't want others to thrive and prosper.Unlike google founders,he has this "unhealthy rivalry".He even tried much to hamper telegrams growth.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It by Reediano(m): 11:21am On Feb 27, 2017
TechEnthusiast:

I suddenly now hate mark,he has billions of dollars yet he doesn't want others to thrive and prosper.Unlike google founders,he has this "unhealthy rivalry".He even tried much to hamper telegrams growth.

That's breed man...

The truth is that some of the new features on WhatsApp WhatsApp like mention, group invite link and a few more were copied from telegram and mark still went wentahead to blacklist telegram from WhatsApp...

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
Reediano:

That's breed man...

The truth is that some of the new features on WhatsApp WhatsApp like mention, group invite link and a few more were copied from telegram and mark still went wentahead to blacklist telegram from WhatsApp...
Dont mind him,he cant copy all telegram features ....i wish people would understand and switch to telegram,but no one would.I am tired of inviting folks to telegram.I have alot of friends,channels,bots,groups on telegram.I even download movies there.Whatsapp is in my phone now only because my contacts dont want to switch.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It by Reediano(m): 8:39am On Feb 28, 2017
TechEnthusiast:

Dont mind him,he cant copy all telegram features ....i wish people would understand and switch to telegram,but no one would.I am tired of inviting folks to telegram.I have alot of friends,channels,bots,groups on telegram.I even download movies there.Whatsapp is in my phone now only because my contacts dont want to switch.

Am really having same ish..... WhatsApp is actually living on its popularity, not because it's anyway better than telegram.

BTW.. can you add me up to some of your groups
Re: Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It by Dandsome: 9:17am On Feb 28, 2017
Lemme try it on my tecno phone
Re: Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 02, 2017
Reediano:

Thanks
http:///superbnerd to contact me
Re: Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It by billwetson: 11:23am On Jun 06, 2022
if you want to hide your online status from WhatsApp then download this WhatsApp Plus and easily do it.

(1) (Reply)

Run Multiple App At The Same Time:infinix Note 4 Pro / Pls Ur Advice Is Urgently Needed Here / Tecno Camon Cx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.