Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,951 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview (15730 Views)

How Do I Introduce Myself In A Job Interview? / How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview / Training!learn How To Make Ankara Accessories Shoe/pures In 2days,enpower Urself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by ogunniyi2: 9:13am On Dec 11, 2009
pls this is not funny, when someone facing interview panel and u are asked to introduce urself,can u pls[house] enlighten me on how  start  that will satisfy the panel member
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by glamourtop: 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2009
All needed from you is a brief introduction of your self related to the post applying for, After mentioned your name, then tell them how best you know the job you are applying for, e.g. my name is Glamour, a Computer Instructor with good 6 years experience in impacting knowledge into students and whosoever interested to learn from me.
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by detopshot(m): 4:03pm On Dec 11, 2009
>>Poster: your topic should've been "PLS HOW DO I INTRODUCE MYSELF DURING INTERVIEW?" let's get things right.
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by etolaiya(f): 8:34pm On Dec 11, 2009
@ poster google it!
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by chosen04(f): 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2009
detopshot:

>>Poster: your topic should've been "PLS HOW DO I INTRODUCE MYSELF DURING INTERVIEW?" let's get things right.

GBAM

etolaiya:

@ poster google it!

You can even YAHOO it OR better still FACEBOOK it.
Its bad to NAIRALAND to it.
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by skynylaw: 2:19pm On Dec 12, 2009
You can even YAHOO it OR better still FACEBOOK it.
Its bad to NAIRALAND to it.
[quote][/quote]

VERY CONTRUCTIVE, hehehehehe

1 Like

Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by koolchicco: 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2009
Exactly the same way u introduce urself to a new babe. tongue
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by izby(m): 4:45pm On Dec 12, 2009
[b]Take an extra 30 minutes to get ready the morning of your interview to look your best. Choose clothing that fits the employer's work environment (formal, semiformal or casual) and properly groom yourself. Style hair plainly, and keep it away from your face. Nails should be clean and short. Splurge on a professional shoe shine.

Step 2Leave your house in plenty of time to arrive at least 15 minutes early for your interview. This way, you'll arrive with enough time to calm any jitters and recheck your appearance in a bathroom mirror.

Step 3Make sure you have fresh breath. Carry mints with you or chew gum until you arrive at the interview location. An age-old trick to combat bad breath is to chew parsley. Before brushing your teeth in the morning, eat a bunch of parsley. Chew it slowly and wash it down with water. Parsley is a natural odor-killer and it doesn't leave you with that tell-tale minty breath, which can also be offensive if it's too strong.

Make Your Introduction
Step 1Stand and step forward to properly introduce yourself to a potential employer. Firmly shake hands, right hand only, even if you're left-handed.

Step 2Look your interviewer in the eye and introduce yourself. If it's a first meeting, use the interviewer's surname. For example, "Hello, Ms. Coleman. It's nice to meet you. I'm Jane"

Step 3Respond in kind to your interviewer's comments. If he or she says, "It's nice to meet you," then you should say, "Thank you. It's nice to meet you as well." Be polite, and your nerves will loosen up during the interview.

Observe Your Interviewer
Step 1Do not sit until your interviewer has done so or asks you to take a seat.

Step 2Note your interviewer's body language. If he or she seems distracted or is fidgeting, lighten the atmosphere by telling an interesting but relevant story about your qualifications.

Step 3Never interrupt an interviewer. Wait until he or she completes a sentence or question before responding or asking a question of your own. If you don't understand a question or statement, ask the interviewer to explain or repeat it.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by CarlosVent(m): 4:59pm On Dec 12, 2009
pray before attending any job interview
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by allboyz(m): 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2009
good thread cool
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by greateliso(m): 6:31pm On Dec 12, 2009
we use the format for how to introduce urself

1) Name

2) Place

3) Qualification

4) Family Background

5) Hobbies

1 Like

Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by nazzyon(m): 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2009
Act like you are about to toast a new girl.

D same courage you have in introducing yourself to a girl will work on every other person.
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by Moyola(f): 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2009
"Hello ma name iz Danjuma Alakoori Olorikoori ma friends call me Daz'kori buh yu can call me Dan" tongue
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by slimes(m): 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2009
izby:

[b]Take an extra 30 minutes to get ready the morning of your interview to look your best. Choose clothing that fits the employer's work environment (formal, semiformal or casual) and properly groom yourself. Style hair plainly, and keep it away from your face. Nails should be clean and short. Splurge on a professional shoe shine.

Step 2Leave your house in plenty of time to arrive at least 15 minutes early for your interview. This way, you'll arrive with enough time to calm any jitters and recheck your appearance in a bathroom mirror.

Step 3Make sure you have fresh breath. Carry mints with you or chew gum until you arrive at the interview location. An age-old trick to combat bad breath is to chew parsley. Before brushing your teeth in the morning, eat a bunch of parsley. Chew it slowly and wash it down with water. Parsley is a natural odor-killer and it doesn't leave you with that tell-tale minty breath, which can also be offensive if it's too strong.
Well said!
Make Your Introduction
Step 1Stand and step forward to properly introduce yourself to a potential employer. Firmly shake hands, right hand only, even if you're left-handed.

Step 2Look your interviewer in the eye and introduce yourself. If it's a first meeting, use the interviewer's surname. For example, "Hello, Ms. Coleman. It's nice to meet you. I'm Jane"

Step 3Respond in kind to your interviewer's comments. If he or she says, "It's nice to meet you," then you should say, "Thank you. It's nice to meet you as well." Be polite, and your nerves will loosen up during the interview.

Observe Your Interviewer
Step 1Do not sit until your interviewer has done so or asks you to take a seat.

Step 2Note your interviewer's body language. If he or she seems distracted or is fidgeting, lighten the atmosphere by telling an interesting but relevant story about your qualifications.

Step 3Never interrupt an interviewer. Wait until he or she completes a sentence or question before responding or asking a question of your own. If you don't understand a question or statement, ask the interviewer to explain or repeat it.
[/b]
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by software(m): 8:05pm On Dec 12, 2009
Moyola:

"Hello ma name iz Danjuma Alakoori Olorikoori ma friends call me Daz'kori buh yu can call me Dan" tongue

wonderfull Jesus!
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by Moyola(f): 8:13pm On Dec 12, 2009
software:

wonderfull Jesus!

So Wonderful!! wotz da mata? tongue
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by mamagee3(f): 8:14pm On Dec 12, 2009
Shake the hands of the interviewers
and make them happy, that's the best strategy
. tongue
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by Moyola(f): 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2009
mama-gee:

Shake the hands of the interviewers
and make them happy, that's the best strategy
. tongue

A firm handshake! tongue
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by mayrho(m): 9:26pm On Dec 12, 2009
This guy/girl actually needs your help and una just turn am to yeye sad sad sad
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by chidexy(m): 10:17pm On Dec 12, 2009
I met with a HR consultant involved in hiring for Nigerian companies and I asked him this very question. Here is his answer on what they expect from people: Simply and briefly tell them exactly what you have on your CV - not much details - just name, age and a concise history of your employment record/experience. He mentioned that you should never go as far as telling them about your family or such personal details unless specifically asked
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by ezdozit: 11:47pm On Dec 12, 2009
they will not expect you to tell your life history, just probably your qualificationa and how you have put them in use in any work enviroment if any.

search interview questions and answers on youtube, nor be only beyonce and lady gaga dey play for dia. it not just knowing what to say, mannerisms to.
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by safetyman1: 2:25am On Dec 13, 2009
This is what I call the 'Tell us about yourself question', its the number one buying question that I always look out for during interviews. I always make sure I'm prepared for it! grin. Sometimes, I have a power point presentation ready (not too long, say 5 mins) to talk about myself. Things to include in your 'Tell us question'.

1. Education Qualification

2. Work Experience (particularly relevant to the position you applied for)

3. Your 'Values' (the things you hold in high esteem e.g teamwork, intergrity, innovation e.t.c), cite examples of how you have used these in the past, for example INNOVATION - 'Innovation to me, is about change. While at comapny XYZ, I developed a Statistical Process Control System called Quality Index to assess the quality, '

4. Relate your 'Values' to the vision and mission of the company (if its a well-structured organization, you should get that infor on the on the internet).

5. Tell them why you are interested in the role and organization.

6. Tell them what your 'total package' means to their company and why it is you they should employ and not Mr Joe Bloggs.

7. Apply 'AIDA principle' all the way !!! grin (Attention, Interest, Desire and Action)

8. Lastly, (before the end of interview) close the sale !! (ask about the first projects/ assignments you will be working on when you resume !! grin).

9. Don't forget to send the panelist a 'Thank you note' the next day.
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by ogbongzky(m): 4:18am On Dec 13, 2009
chidexy:

I met with a HR consultant involved in hiring for Nigerian companies and I asked him this very question. Here is his answer on what they expect from people: Simply and briefly tell them exactly what you have on your CV - not much details - just name, age and a concise history of your employment record/experience. He mentioned that you should never go as far as telling them about your family or such personal details unless specifically asked

nice tip,

Instead of some to give tips like this, they are just here acting like OLOGOGORO, grin
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by Iranoladun(f): 10:29am On Dec 13, 2009
I agree with Izby post & the steps enumerated  but if you have enough confidence then you could do a presentation about yourself as suggested by @slime.

Never ever give out family information or very personal information unless you are specifically ask to do so and even then you can tactically avoid it if it is not relevant or you are not comfortable at that level to discuss it.
some "interviewer" could ask you very personal question e.g. when are u planning to have your next kid? or why did u divorce your wife? are u gay or straight?

Use the KISS style i.e. [b]K[/b]eep [b]I[/b]t [b]S[/b]hort and [b]S[/b]imple.

1.Your name
2.qualification
3.Career summary in brief (mention name of companies & your responsibilities & achievement)
4.Why you want the job & what value you think you can add

NB: if you are in Lagos your target should be to arrive at the interview venue 40 to 60 minutes before the time.  This will prepare you for those inevitable traffic jams. 
Also try to visit the company or recruitment agency at least a day before the interview in order to get more details about the company, the job, dress code for the interview or the company's expectations.
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by Mutee: 10:59am On Dec 13, 2009
nice thread.

Is it natural to be nervous in an interview
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by Austin234(m): 2:37pm On Dec 13, 2009
Simply summarize ur CV
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by rafcrown(m): 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2009
MAY BE THEY WISH TO KNOW U MORE THAN WHAT U VE SUPPLIED IN YOUR APPLICATION/FORM
name
qualifiations
experience
sell your self

son of former gov??
ex girl friend of minister for magomago?/
Re: How To Introduce Urself During A Job Interview by ud4u: 10:58am On Dec 14, 2009
chidexy:

This is a nice tip, I go with that

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Nail Every Job Interview / Training Programme Of 2016 Nigeria Police Recruitment For Successful Candidates / 5 Ways To Successfully Apply For Jobs On A Nigerian Government Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.