Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW (18410 Views)

Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States / 2019: The Real Reason Igbos ‘ll Massively Vote For Buhari – Orji Kalu Reveals / Breaking: Cbn Crashes Dollar To N360 For Pta, Bta, Tuition , Medical Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by kabrud: 3:15am On Feb 26, 2017
Macgabe:

Please read this up. Thanks

On Monday, the CBN had announced a new forex policy
actions to cater for categories previously excluded from the
official forex rate and increase forex liquidity in the market.
The apex bank has since sold $370 million in an auction,
forward contracts, and also appropriated a weekly $20
million to commercial banks at N375 to a dollar for school
fees payment, medical bills and personal travel allowance.

According to the traders, the buy rate strengthened to N470
per dollar, from N490/$ it closed on Wednesday. This was
after the CBN reportedly auctioned another $230 million
through forward contracts
on the interbank market.
Experts have said the continuous rise of the foreign reserves
has strengthened CBN position but insisted sustainability is
the key to economic recovery.

“The effectiveness of the new policy depend on sustenance,
while sustenance depends on continuous foreign exchange
generation through the sales of crude oil,” said Samed
Olukoya, a foreign exchange research analyst at Investors
King Limited. “Another attack on any of the pipelines could
disrupt the whole policy
and hinder the nation from a
progressive economic recovery,” he added.

Why exactly do u want me to read this? I mean, does this support the information you are trying to spread?

It rather condemns the falsehood u are spreading.
Now read it again but this time very slowly and pay special attention to the emboldened parts.
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by Macgabe(m): 7:55am On Feb 26, 2017
kabrud:

Why exactly do u want me to read this? I mean, does this support the information you are trying to spread?

Now read it again but this time very slowly and pay special attention to the emboldened parts.

Bro, I didn't post anything about the policy or was I the originator of the policy OK. I only commented on a post and that's where you picked my comment and then the subsequent comments. If you still can deduce the effect of the new policy on strengthening the naira against dollar, MAYBE we just aren't seeing things from the same angle. So let's just rest it here. Happy Sunday bro.
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by Macgabe(m): 7:59am On Feb 26, 2017
kabrud:

[quote author=Macgabe post=54067517]

Bro, I didn't post anything about the policy or was I the originator of the policy OK. I only commented on a post and that's where you picked my comment and then the subsequent comments. If you still can deduce the effect of the new policy on strengthening the naira against dollar, MAYBE we just aren't seeing things from the same angle. So let's just rest it here. Happy Sunday bro!
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 26, 2017
FastShipping:

It is $400 + $760. You've not even bought the car but you're here looking for way to ship it. You are not guaranteed to win the car.

No bro, the car has a "BUY NOW" tag, so I'm not bidding. And the sales date is still March 2nd, so there is still time. And I plan on purchasing it tomorrow being 27th of February. Please can you help me buy it tomorrow.
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by Rikov(m): 10:59am On Feb 26, 2017
AmadiAba:
Is this Why Nigerians re Praying for Buhari not to Come Back? See the magic Acting President, Osinbajo's new Policy is doing in the Parallel Market... Naira has gained Over N80 so far and still rising.

FULL STORY HERE >>> http://igberetvnews.com/360391

There's always a diff. btw a literate n an illiterate. Forex action would always affect a country's currency. PMB doesn't know n would nt allow those who know to teach him. he would nt even ask questions.
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by TeddyPendergrass(m): 11:22am On Feb 26, 2017
obailala:
Just the dangote refinery and petrochemical plant alone would single handedly change Nigeria's economic landscape. I totally envy whoever would be president from 2019 cos unfortunately for the present guys, I believe there would certainly be delays which would drag the completion of that refinery to say 2020. But for whoever becomes president from 2019, without effort, the person would oversea a never-been-seen economic boom and would dubiously take all the glory for being a magician. grin

Just look at what you're saying. See let me give you some work to do.

just carefully and slowly read back what you wrote and think about how absurd it sounds.

don't say things like that in public.
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by FastShipping: 1:24pm On Feb 26, 2017
Landmark445:
No bro, the car has a "BUY NOW" tag, so I'm not bidding. And the sales date is still March 2nd, so there is still time. And I plan on purchasing it tomorrow being 27th of February. Please can you help me buy it tomorrow.

Yes.
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
FastShipping:

Yes.
How will we go about it tomorrow. PS: I would have loved if I was discussing with you via email or phone, but it seems you are the private type who don't like giving out contacts and I respect that.
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by FastShipping: 1:34pm On Feb 26, 2017
Landmark445:
How will we go about it tomorrow. PS: I would have loved if I was discussing with you via email or phone, but it seems you are the private type who don't like giving out contacts and I respect that.

Either PM me drop your number here.
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
FastShipping:

Either PM me drop your number here.
Reach me with number in my sig
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
Really
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by FastShipping: 2:51pm On Feb 26, 2017
Landmark445:
Oga FastShipping, I have pm'ed and dropped my number. How do we go about the buying tomorrow o. e damilohun egbon.

I sent you a text over 20 minutes ago.
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by obailala(m): 4:40pm On Feb 26, 2017
TeddyPendergrass:

Just look at what you're saying. See let me give you some work to do.

just carefully and slowly read back what you wrote and think about how absurd it sounds.

don't say things like that in public.
What I wrote, no matter how simple or elementary it may be, it's not expected to make sense to everyone. Apologies if it's too complex for you to comprehend.
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by Horus(m): 2:44pm On Mar 14, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqGTIDgRBO8

Naira appreciates consistently against Dollar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head / Jonathan keeps PDP guessing one week to Kogi, Bayelsa elections - The Nation / Senate Outlaws Ransom Payments, Kidnapping Now Punishable By Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.