Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu (983 Views)

If I'm Inec I Would Have De-registered Apc - Apc Bot Member, Engr. Buba Galadima / Buhari’s Policies Are ‘Mere Propaganda’ – Buba Galadima, APC BoT Member / I’m Fair To Ndigbo In Appointment – Buhari (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by Charidon: 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2017
Elder statesman and a member of All Progressives Congress (APC) Board of Trustees, Ezekiel Izuogu, has stated that the only way to bring about lasting peace to Nigeria was to hand over the presidential stool to an Igbo indigene.

Izuogu, who ruled out the possibility of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) winning elections in 2019, hailed former President, Olusegun Obasanjo for recently canvassing for an Igbo presidency.

Speaking with Daily Sun, the party chieftain said the long absence of President Buhari has not made any difference, noting that the Acting President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo was rightly doing the job.

On why an Igbo man should become Nigeria’s next President, Izougo said, “Obasanjo is a Prophet. This time he spoke as a prophet that he is. It was him who made Yar’Adua the President of Nigeria. Jonathan was a governor till Obasanjo picked him and made him Vice President, then President. Obasanjo should be respected. He made a wonderful statement.

“If you want peace in Nigeria, give the presidency to an Igbo man who knows what to do and Nigeria will change automatically. All these agitations will stop immediately. There is no local government you go to and will not see an Igbo person.

“They are wonderful mixers. Igbos are not perfect, but they have what is good to apply to Nigeria. Nigeria is big and what it needs is the economic ingredient to be great. So, I am totally in support of what Olusegun Obasanjo said.

On the long absence of Buhari from power due to ill-health, the party chieftain said, “It is a problem for the country. We wish Buhari a quick recovery. I wish that God will intervene so that he will recover fast because there are some positions you hold and you should not be sick because all the eyes of the people are on you.

“If you are not holding the position of the President of Nigeria, you can be sick for six months, be in a hospital somewhere in the world, nobody will even mind.

“The moment you are number one in a country that is struggling with economy, struggling with employment, struggling with so many things, it can be painful not only to Buhari himself, but all his supporters and well wishers of Nigeria.

“I supported Buhari during the campaigns. I went round read more...
https://www.igodotv.com/2017/02/24/give-presidency-to-ndigbo-for-peace-in-nigeria-apc-bot-member-izuogu/

1 Like

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by ShobayoEmma(m): 5:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
While there is nothing wrong in igbo presidency; the ibos should know that occupying the seat requires a systematic calculation in reference to the other five geo-political zones plus a good public relations. Presidency is the only thing that can't be dashed-away in the country.
Newman

4 Likes

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by Benikuuse(m): 5:48pm On Feb 24, 2017
Igbo And Their Empty Head, (Give As If A President Is An Appointment) Come And Contest If You Are Elected By The People You Will Definitely Become The President, No Two Ways About It

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by tanteta(m): 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2017
following
Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by DozieInc(m): 5:50pm On Feb 24, 2017
Ok
Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by sarrki(m): 5:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
Long live federal republic of Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by zionmade(m): 6:28pm On Feb 24, 2017
We dont need it. They shud keep it for themselves afterall north dat has held it for so long are still d most backwards. We dont need d presidency to progress, all we need is to focus and bring out d original carry come in built wisdom domicile in every ibo den we can leave yoruba and hausa to keep struggling for d presidency

3 Likes

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by Allsouls: 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2017
This man is wrong Igbo president can & will never solve the problem, those shouting Igbo President want to use it to continue benefiting from the fraud system called Nigeria.
What special thing did obj, yaradua, gej & buhari did that benefit the poor in their various states as President?,

We want what will benefit every body in our land & that is Biafra. we want to govern our self but not Yoruba or Hausa Fulani but our self.

Igbo President will only benefits 1% of our population which is not accepted.

7 Likes

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by omenkaLives(m): 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2017
When would people stop talking trash? How are we to "give" presidency to anybody? We are in a democracy and people are ELECTED President and not GIFTED the office!

Play good politics, build bridges, negotiate, persude, cajole, campaign and contest; if the Nigerian people fancy it, they will elect you president.

Threats and coercion wont work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by meccuno: 7:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
Igbos don't necessarily need the presidency. What they need is equity,a restructured country in a real federal country and they are good to go. As for me,Nigeria was never meant to be a country. We are extremely different people muddled up as one so as to satisfy the needs of the british and pacify those who this faulty arrangement benefits. We are supposed to be partners in this geographical entity and not master and slave relationship.

5 Likes

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by Opakan2: 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2017
Where in the world is that done?

Give the no 1 seat to Igbos cos others are there to count bridges abi? How these guys reason still baffle me honestly

2 Likes

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by Nobody: 3:48am On Feb 25, 2017
Only an idiot could like that.
Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by Mathemagician1(m): 7:53am On Feb 25, 2017
ShobayoEmma:
While there is nothing wrong in igbo presidency; the ibos should know that occupying the seat requires a systematic calculation in reference to the other five geo-political zones plus a good public relations. Presidency is the only thing that can't be dashed-away in the country.
Newman

Which "systematic calculation" did Yorubas employ before Obasanjo was made President. The Yorubas didn't even vote for him.

We learn everyday and I'm wiling to learn from your vast knowledge. Please tell us the systematic calculations Yorubas made before Obasanjo was brought out of Prison and made President by the Igbos and Hausas.

2 Likes

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by Mathemagician1(m): 7:58am On Feb 25, 2017
omenkaLives:
When would people stop talking trash? How are we to "give" presidency to anybody? We are in a democracy and people are ELECTED President and not GIFTED the office!

Play good politics, build bridges, negotiate, persude, cajole, campaign and contest; if the Nigerian people fancy it, they will elect you president.

Threats and coercion wont work.

I'm interested to know the good politics Yoruba played before Obasanjo was made President from Prison.

If you could also add the bridge he built, negotiations he made, persuasions, cajoling and campaign he held from Prison.

Remember that Yorubas didn't vote nor support Obasanjo, their preferred candidate was Olu Falae and they voted in mass for him.

I'm interested to know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by Super1Star: 8:08am On Feb 25, 2017
Give!!!!!!!!!! E gba mi.

Why are these Osus and Ojukwus so politically lazy, mentally bankrupt and visionless enough to work hard for achieving the Presidency they so much covet.

They are tired of using the marginalisation cry to blackmail us. It failed.

They are tired of using their mirage of a country Biafrau.d as another blackmailing instrument. That also failed woefully.

They are tired of singing their lame hymn of "Our Dilector Our Messiah is here" because no one is batting an eyelid.

Bunch of Jokers.

3 Likes

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by Super1Star: 8:13am On Feb 25, 2017
Mathemagician1:

I'm interested to know the good politics Yoruba played before Obasanjo was made President from Prison.

If you could also add the bridge he built, negotiations he made, persuasions, cajoling and campaign he held from Prison.

Remember that Yorubas didn't vote nor support Obasanjo, their preferred candidate was Olu Falae and they voted in mass for him.

I'm interested to know.

Have you forgotten both of them were the major candidates and we knew one of us was going to be President after the election come rain come shine.

Hence the slogan of "It is either Olu or Olu" in Yoruba land then. We do not have to support OBJ, we knew one of them is bound to b President. What now happened in the 2nd term election against PMB?

Do you think Nigeria with over 350ethnicities just woke up and allowed the 2 main candidates to emerge from Yorubaland because we were politically lazy, strategically visionless and we lack tact and perseverance to sustain and see through our agitation like Osus and Ojukwus!

3 Likes

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by Mathemagician1(m): 8:33am On Feb 25, 2017
Super1Star:

Have you forgotten both of them were the major candidates and we knew one of us was going to be President after the election come rain come shine.

Hence the slogan of "It is either Olu or Olu" in Yoruba land then. We do not have to support OBJ, we knew one of them is bound to b President. What now happened in the 2nd term election against PMB?

Do you think Nigeria with over 350ethnicities just woke up and allowed the 2 main candidates to emerge from Yorubaland because we were politically lazy, strategically visionless and we lack tact and perseverance to sustain and see through our agitation like Osus and Ojukwus!

You've actually said a lot without saying anything relating to the question I asked. Throwing tantrums on public fora is not a proof of intelligence so please answer the question simply.

What good politics did Yorubas played before Obasanjo was made President from Prison. If you could also add the bridges Yorubas built, negotiations they made, persuasions, consultations, cajoling and campaign they held for Obasanjo in Prison.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by PassingShot(m): 8:35am On Feb 25, 2017
We Igbos don't need your presidency.

We want to leave this zoo. Is that too much to ask?

Na by force to be in the same country with una?

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by ShobayoEmma(m): 11:41am On Feb 25, 2017
Mathemagician1:

Which "systematic calculation" did Yorubas employ before Obasanjo was made President. The Yorubas didn't even vote for him.

We learn everyday and I'm wiling to learn from your vast knowledge. Please tell us the systematic calculations Yorubas made before Obasanjo was brought out of Prison and made President by the Igbos and Hausas.
Abacha dying before signing Obasanjo's execution was an 'act of providence. Well, nigeria's political reality of 21st century is what i have vividly stated except if you can prove me wrong of igbo presidency without putting what i have state into consideration. I will be happy to see an ibo becoming a president but reality must be faced.
Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by Mathemagician1(m): 11:59am On Feb 25, 2017
ShobayoEmma:
Abacha dying before signing Obasanjo's execution was an 'act of providence. Well, nigeria's political reality of 21st century is what i have vividly stated except if you can prove me wrong of igbo presidency without putting what i have state into consideration. I will be happy to see an ibo becoming a president but reality must be faced.

Still beating about the bush, yeah! Stop talking about providence, chance, opportunities and what not. That's just semantics, and we can argue about semantics all day without making any conclusion relating to the topic.

I'm interested to know what "systemic calculations" the Yorubas made before Obasanjo was GIVEN the Presidency.

* Did Yorubas calculated systematically for Obasanjo to be arrested, tortured and released to become President?

* Did they "systematically calculate" the death of Abacha?

* Did they "systematically calculate" the support of the Hausa and Igbos?

* Did Yorubas "systematically calculate" the failure of Olu Falae their preferred candidate in the pool?

These are cogent questions begging answers and until you're able to express "systematic calculation" in clear terms I put it to you that Yorubas were GIFTED the Presidency on a platter to compensate the Yorubas for Abiola and for the sake of Nigeria's Unity. Not any political sophistication or delusional systemic calculations.

2 Likes

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by 2ruink(m): 1:08pm On Feb 25, 2017
Mathemagician1:

Still beating about the bush, yeah! Stop talking about providence, chance, opportunities and what not. That's just semantics, and we can argue about semantics all day without making any conclusion relating to the topic.

I'm interested to know what "systemic calculations" the Yorubas made before Obasanjo was GIVEN the Presidency.

* Did Yorubas calculated systematically for Obasanjo to be arrested, tortured and released to become President.

* Did they "systematically calculated" the death of Abacha

* Did they "systematically calculated" the support of the Hausa and Igbos?

* Did Yorubas "systematically calculated" the failure of Olu Falae their preferred candidate in the pool?

This are cogent questions begging answers and until u're able to express "systematic calculation" in clear terms I put it to you that Yorubas were GIFTED the Presidency on a platter to compensate the Yorubas for Abiola and for the sake of Nigeria's Unity. Not any political sophistication or delusional systemic calculations.
He won't answer. the question is simply beyond him. These people only thrive on falsehood.

At the part level, Alex Ekweme, being a founding member of PDP and a seasoned politician was a better candidate but his interest was sacrificed at the altar of "sustaining one Nigeria". But today, we now see those who say obasanjo becoming president was a product of their sophistication.

Well personally, I don't support Igbo presidency because, to be sincere, I hate this country called Nigeria with sheer passion. If not having an Igbo presidency for the next 50yrs is what it will cost us to get Biafra, so be it.

4 Likes

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by ShobayoEmma(m): 1:24pm On Feb 25, 2017
Mathemagician1:

* Did Yorubas calculated systematically for Obasanjo to be arrested, tortured and released to become President.

* Did they "systematically calculated" the death of Abacha

* Did they "systematically calculated" the support of the Hausa and Igbos?

* Did Yorubas "systematically calculated" the failure of Olu Falae their preferred candidate in the pool?

This are cogent questions begging answers and until u're able to express "systematic calculation" in clear terms I put it to you that Yorubas were GIFTED the Presidency on a platter to compensate the Yorubas for Abiola and for the sake of Nigeria's Unity. Not any political sophistication or delusional systemic calculations.
listen my friend, though i never thought i would be holding microphone like i'm currently doing. Kindly pardon me for that. Lol. Well as you've rightly recalled that Abiola a yoruba man was unanimously voted for dued to his systematic calculation/rapport he enjoyed through his public relations amongst all the 'geo political zones' of the then made him to be the president elect. Thus a cause for the nationwide outcry when it was annulled by Babagida. The heat of this protest forced him to hand over to Shonekan, a yoruba man. Abacha hijacked the presidency from Shonekan, hence the protest of the june 12 annullment graced the Abacha regime till he died in 1998. Hence the people of 1998 that voted a yoruba man as president were still very much around prompted the people to continue from where they last normally stopped, A Yoruba presidency. Had Abiola that won the election had not die in prison, my friend, there wouldn't have been any election in the first place. He would have just continued the struggle where he stopped in 1993. in a nutshell, the the calculation was done by Abiola in 1993 but since he was not around in 1999, his next of kin Olu Falae/Obasanjo took his place. Yorubas not voting Obasanjo didn't count hence they knew it was a win win game. But why did the Yorubas voted for him when an Hausa man contested against him? Mark my word, There is no coincidence in politics, everything is pre planned.
SHOBAYO EMMANUEL. Thanks. Bye.

1 Like

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by JohnsonOlanre: 4:04pm On Feb 25, 2017
ShobayoEmma:
listen my friend, though i never thought i would be holding microphone like i'm currently doing. Kindly pardon me for that. Lol. Well as you've rightly recalled that Abiola a yoruba man was unanimously voted for dued to his systematic calculation/rapport he enjoyed through his public relations amongst all the 'geo political zones' of the then made him to be the president elect. Thus a cause for the nationwide outcry when it was annulled by Babagida. The heat of this protest forced him to hand over to Shonekan, a yoruba man. Abacha hijacked the presidency from Shonekan, hence the protest of the june 12 annullment graced the Abacha regime till he died in 1998. Hence the people of 1998 that voted a yoruba man as president were still very much around prompted the people to continue from where they last normally stopped, A Yoruba presidency. Had Abiola that won the election had not die in prison, my friend, there wouldn't have been any election in the first place. He would have just continued the struggle where he stopped in 1993. in a nutshell, the the calculation was done by Abiola in 1993 but since he was not around in 1999, his next of kin Olu Falae/Obasanjo took his place. Yorubas not voting Obasanjo didn't count hence they knew it was a win win game. But why did the Yorubas voted for him when an Hausa man contested against him? Mark my word, There is no coincidence in politics, everything is pre planned.
SHOBAYO EMMANUEL. Thanks. Bye.

What a laughable essay about 'political systematic calculation'. So Abiola made the 'calculation' while he drank his last cup of tea in prison? grin

1 Like

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by Mathemagician1(m): 4:18pm On Feb 25, 2017
JohnsonOlanre:

What a laughable essay about 'political systematic calculation'. So Abiola made the 'calculation' while he drank his last cup of tea in prison? grin

Honestly you'll be amazed by the lack of intelligence of an average Yoruba tribalist when boxed to a corner.

Just imagine what a grown up could come up with as answers to simple questions. Wonderful!

1 Like

Re: Give Presidency To Ndigbo For Peace In Nigeria – Apc Bot Member, Izuogu by ShobayoEmma(m): 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
JohnsonOlanre:

How i wish you re-read it with open mind though. Did Abiola win the election in prison? While your answer is as good as mine, its aftermath necessitated for a yoruba presidency

(1) (Reply)

See What FRSC Officers Were Spotted Doing On Duty In Anambra State / Tension In Cross River Community As Herdsman Kills Farmer / More Trouble For Dino Melaye As 188, 580 Electorates Sign For His Recall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.