Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem (1062 Views)

Anambra Governor, Obiano's Official Bullet-Proof Car (PHOTO) / Audi 80 Tiger Face / HONDA BULLET (tiger Face 1996) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by Kollysman1: 7:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
Good Evening Automobile Brains..

My Dad Bought A Nigerian Used Honda Bullet Tiger Face For My Mom Last buh since my parent didnt know how to drive and he didnt give me too for a TEST RIDE till few weeks ago she gave it to hear with a gear that is very hard to shift, the steering is very hard to turn too because the power steering oil used to leak and make the steering hard and as a learner(my mom) she is very sad and feel disappointed with the status of the car dad bought for her...

Now, to keep her mind at rest, AutoTech should please help with what could be done and how much it will cost if there is solution...

From Ilorin
Re: Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by BayLord01(m): 8:52pm On Feb 24, 2017
Let mechanic inspect d holes taking fluid to the power steering, and also check gear box. Mine had the same issue and it was fixed early last year without changing anything

1 Like

Re: Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by Kollysman1: 9:26pm On Feb 24, 2017
BayLord01:
Let mechanic inspect d holes taking fluid to the power steering, and also check gear box. Mine had the same issue and it was fixed early last year without changing anything

thanks For The Response Sir, Buh Roughly How Much Does It Cost Yu Then For The Repair Sir?
Re: Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by BayLord01(m): 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
Less than 9k then, changed holes and power steering oil

1 Like

Re: Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by Kollysman1: 7:41am On Feb 25, 2017
BayLord01:
Less than 9k then, changed holes and power steering oil

thanks so much sir
Re: Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 25, 2017
What exactly do u mean by gear very hard to shift?
Is it the lever inside the car that is hard to shift or the car doesn't engage normally?
Re: Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by Kollysman1: 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2017
Mementoes:
What exactly do u mean by gear very hard to shift?
Is it the lever inside the car that is hard to shift or the car doesn't engage normally?

its the level inside the car that is hard to shift... Fr example, To move from P To R or Drive.

Buh the hard shift problem is between PARK and NEUTRAL

Thanks for yur response sir.
Re: Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 25, 2017
Kollysman1:

its the level inside the car that is hard to shift... Fr example, To move from P To R or Drive.

Buh the hard shift problem is between PARK and NEUTRAL

Thanks for yur response sir.
Okay. You are welcome sir.

Is the parking brake of the car functional? I want you to carry out a test to rule out a few things.

For the power steering fluid leakage, you can carry out an inspection to know exactly where the fluid is leaking from. Check all hoses and joints first from the power steering fluid container to the pump and to the rack.
Re: Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by Kollysman1: 7:32am On Feb 26, 2017
Mementoes:

Okay. You are welcome sir.

Is the parking brake of the car functional? I want you to carry out a test to rule out a few things.

For the power steering fluid leakage, you can carry out an inspection to know exactly where the fluid is leaking from. Check all hoses and joints first from the power steering fluid container to the pump and to the rack.

the Parking Brake(usually called hand brake?) Is Not Functional, we used to put the gear on Park so that it wont move.
Re: Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 26, 2017
Kollysman1:

the Parking Brake(usually called hand brake?) Is Not Functional, we used to put the gear on Park so that it wont move.
Yes.
This is likely the cause of your hard gear lever shifting problem.
There is much pressure on your gear when you use it to stop the car from moving when parked. This causes the parking prawl in the gearbox to wear, making it increasingly difficult to shift from park with time.

You need to fix your parking / handbrake & ensure it works well.

Thereafter, always apply the parking brake before removing your leg from the brake pedal after shifting the gear to park.

Also, always press the brake pedal firmly (not excessively) before releasing the handbrake and shifting to R or D when you want to move.

*modified to be clearer.

1 Like

Re: Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by Kollysman1: 11:16am On Feb 27, 2017
Mementoes:
Yes.
There is much pressure on your gear when you use it to stop the car from moving when parked. This causes the parking prawl in the gearbox to wear, making it increasingly difficult to shift from park with time.
You need to fix your parking / handbrake & always apply it before shifting the car to park after driving & shifting to R or D when you want to move before releasing it.

thanks so much, and what is the possible solution? As in, is there remedy to soften it? After the handbrake has been repaired.
Re: Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by mecheal365: 11:33am On Feb 27, 2017
If you are lagos, kindly visit Meecheal excels limited offers a professional services for: accidental car repairs, engine repair, car wash services, car painting(Oven baking)
vehicle branding, electrical/air condition repairs, vehicle maintenance, auto computerized diagnostics and visual inspection, Alignment and balancing, auto tracking services etc. and our products are:
1. Original spare parts
2. Tyre's of all brands
3. Synthetic engine oil
4. Auto accessories
5. Batteries etc

Meecheal excels limited auto care centre is architecturally design to contain over 300 vehicles, we assure safety of our customer vehicle upon every task within the workshop environment with the use of electronic security camera cctv and man power security. kindly call 08026999465 or 08068857988, you can visit our website at www.meechealexcels.com for more inquiries.
Re: Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 27, 2017
Kollysman1:

thanks so much, and what is the possible solution? As in, is there remedy to soften it? After the handbrake has been repaired.
The problem will correct immediately the handbrake is repaired and used correctly because pressure will be off the prawl.

1 Like

Re: Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
Mementoes:
Yes.
You need to fix your parking / handbrake & always apply it before shifting the car to park after driving & shifting to R or D when you want to move before releasing it.

Majority of Nigerians are guilty of this. Lots of them don't use the parking brake at all they just believe once the car is put to park then no need for parking brake. I've even warned my mechanic several times never to put my car to park without first engaging the parking brake but he just wouldn't listen.
Re: Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by Kollysman1: 5:24pm On Feb 27, 2017
Mementoes:

The problem will correct immediately the handbrake is repaired and used correctly because pressure will be off the prawl.

wow, Thanks So Much For Yur Time And Knowledge Shared.. God Bless

I Will Inform Her About This And Get Back To Yu On The Progress. Thanks sir
Re: Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by Kollysman1: 5:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
greenhulk:

Majority of Nigerians are guilty of this. Lots of them don't use the parking brake at all they just believe once the car is put to park then no need for parking brake. I've even warned my mechanic several times never to put my car to park without first engaging the parking brake but he just wouldn't listen.

I Pray Yur Gear Wont Be As This, Its Very Shameful Changing Gear With Force When On Outage With Friends..

God Bless Sir.
Re: Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 27, 2017
Kollysman1:

wow, Thanks So Much For Yur Time And Knowledge Shared.. God Bless

I Will Inform Her About This And Get Back To Yu On The Progress. Thanks sir
Amen. Please do.

You are welcome sir.

1 Like

Re: Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 27, 2017
greenhulk:

Many people don't seem to be aware of these things and others just think it's too bothersome.

(1) (Reply)

All About Your Car Tyres: Help, Questions, Maintenance, Purchase, Repairs. / Will You Still Take A Ride In This Tricycle? (pics) / Mercedes W203 Odometer With ———- After Changing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.