Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) (58721 Views)

Wole Soyinka In His Radical Days As A Pyrate Don (photo)! / This Is Why Nigeria Was Handed Over To The North By Britain In 1960 - FFK / 2face Idibia Visits Buhari In London In A Photoshopped Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by favourmic(m): 10:05pm On Feb 24, 2017
bright future hope for them

ask youth of now adays what do you want to become in future

the next thing is I want to be Yahoo!Yahoo! Mofe ma jaje
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by Baroba(m): 10:05pm On Feb 24, 2017
Is that Azikiwe's picture on the wall. great throwback..m

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by cloudyskygrind(m): 10:05pm On Feb 24, 2017
They are all failed leaders, greedy, wicked devils. They've ruled Nigeria into a thick darkness.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by Adminisher: 10:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
joedams:
To think that they were all in their 20s here, and they were already leaders in their own right.
What is our generation all about sef?

Good education is one advantage the old generation have. OBJ is not a university graduate but at his age he reads more than the everage 22 year old not to talk of older ones . It is a big shame and there is no polite way to put it but you guys are bleeped.

Your generation is very shallow and lacking ideals and ideas. They are appendages to egos of old people. I have not heard any new ideology, original social direction or creed on Nairaland. Rather it is a discussion about Jonathan , OBJ, Buhari and Fayose.

It is sad but you guys are nonentities.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by nairascores: 10:07pm On Feb 24, 2017
Wole Soyinka strange look though, I am guessing dry joke

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 24, 2017
Men who wrote History
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2017
Truman155:
let me give you the moral of the story before babu comes back
the afonja that smiles with you today shall stab you in the back over and over without remorse and over and over again without remorse !

quote me to spew trash and I will stone you with stained balls of amala.
U r right Bro. I experienced afonja back stabbing first hand. some of them are very unreliable.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by Crownbird(m): 10:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
One of them get A for smoking cigarette ...
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by origima: 10:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
[quote author=Nukualofa post=54027101]They just watched a crystal ball into Nigeria future and they LOL at the futility of what they were oing in London

Buhari was still in Gombe ranch then rearing cattle[

Buhari might be in ranch or farm but which ghetto were ur grandfather and father then? Mostly likely nowhere cos u have no name

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by Nukualofa: 10:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
[quote author=origima post=54031107][/quote] when you get home i gwa nne muru gi na afo that same thing grin

Cheers
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by snapshot: 10:32pm On Feb 24, 2017
Homeboiy:
who carry benson for der
na the baddest guy.
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by adecz: 10:36pm On Feb 24, 2017
Men Of Destiny....... If only they knew what was ahead, just a few years after this happy times... cry
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by cejaypriesty(m): 10:38pm On Feb 24, 2017
ehissi:
Does anyone even notice that the only people alive in that photo are Yoruba........ lipsrsealed
So?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by cejaypriesty(m): 10:42pm On Feb 24, 2017
Adminisher:

Good education is one advantage the old generation have. OBJ is not a university graduate but at his age he reads more than the everage 22 year old not to talk of older ones . It is a big shame and there is no polite way to put it but you guys are bleeped.

Your generation is very shallow and lacking ideals and ideas. They are appendages to egos of old people. I have not heard any new ideology, original social direction or creed on Nairaland. Rather it is a discussion about Jonathan , OBJ, Buhari and Fayose.

It is sad but you guys are nonentities.
And who are you to call another man a nonentity oh plsss?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by 234ng44uk(m): 10:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
Bloody tribal bigot. Samuel Ademulegun is Yoruba and he's late.
ehissi:
Does anyone even notice that the only people alive in that photo are Yoruba........ lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by Okpueze1(m): 10:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
Take a good look at those with drinks on their hands. Am I the only one seeing this?
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by Okpueze1(m): 10:49pm On Feb 24, 2017
ehissi:
I just noticed that only the Yoruba people among them were drunkards.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by zpakln(f): 10:56pm On Feb 24, 2017
ehissi:
ok
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by yashau(m): 10:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
chris4gold:
Oju wetin?
oju iku!
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by Karlman: 10:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
WOW
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by zpakln(f): 10:58pm On Feb 24, 2017
ehissi:
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by AminuRano87(m): 11:12pm On Feb 24, 2017
ebosie11:
Nigerians sharing a joke at an event in London in 1960s (L-R)Samuel Ademulegun,Jaja Nwachukwu, Olusegun Obasanjo, Emmanuel Udeaja, TOS Benson, unknown, Emeka Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/02/throwbackobasanjowole.html
that man you call unknown is Gowon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by mpowa(m): 11:14pm On Feb 24, 2017
Truman155:
let me give you the moral of the story before babu comes back
the afonja that smiles with you today shall stab you in the back over and over without remorse and over and over again without remorse !

quote me to spew trash and I will stone you with stained balls of amala.
All these nonsense talk about stabbing in the Back you people used to spew. The only people that can stab you in the back are people you trusted in the first place. Since time immemorial Igbos never trust Yoruba and Nobody trust Igbos, Yes Nobody, because...we know why. Yoruba can't stab you in the back because you don't trust them, and Yoruba will be fools to complain about you stabbing them in the back, They know you. If you expect certain things from Yoruba during the war and you don't get it, that's not stabbing in the back, they don't owe you any favour, neither did they send you to go to war...Jesus in His majestic Wisdom says, it's only a fool that will want to go to war and will not strategise first and count the cost to see the possibilities of winning, blame yourselves.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by nell4: 11:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
casttlebarbz:
a dry joke
kid go and sleep.who told you it is a joke. abeg go to joke section joor
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by nell4: 11:18pm On Feb 24, 2017
mpowa:

All these nonsense talk about stabbing in the Back you people used to spew. The only people that can stab you in the back are people you trusted in the first place. Since time immemorial Igbos never trust Yoruba and Nobody trust Igbos, Yes Nobody, because...we know why. Yoruba can't stab you in the back because you don't trust them, and Yoruba will be fools to complain about you stabbing them in the back, They know you. If you expect certain things from Yoruba during the war and you don't get it, that's not stabbing in the back, they don't owe you any favour, neither did they send you to go to war...Jesus in His majestic Wisdom says, it's only a fool that will want to go to war and will not strategise first and count the cost to see the possibilities of winning, blame yourselves.
what makes you think the person you quoted is an igbo. we have almost 20 tribes or more in nigeria young man. so their opinion doesn't matter

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by jagorinho: 11:34pm On Feb 24, 2017
nell4:
what makes you think the person you quoted is an igbo. we have almost 20 tribes or more in nigeria young man. so their opinion doesn't matter
That is not rocket science,it is in their blood,even if rain refuse to fall in their land they wont hesitate to drag "afonja" into it.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by mandax: 11:58pm On Feb 24, 2017
Nukualofa:
How come London has hold our balls since time immemorial?

London has captured our dullllard when we prayed for them to capture him

Thank you London for holding him there

Still London holding us in an unworkable one Nigeria till today.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by gartamanta: 11:59pm On Feb 24, 2017
ehissi:

Not true, Emmanuel Udeaja is still alive. This picture was like a meeting of military officers and politicians at a 'Nigerian House' in Britain. I noticed the picture of Zik on the wall so this means it was after october 1st 1960.

If this picture is actually 1960, and it looks that way, it was any time between october 1st of that year and December 31st.

Ademulegun commisioned in 1949 would have been a Colonel here

Ojukwu, commissioned in 1957, (Although his commission date was back dated to 1955) would have been a a captain here.

Obasunjo and Udeaja, both commissioned in 1960 would have been Lieutenants here

This is a historic picture, at the time, most of these men tbought that Nigeria would become a nation where everyone would see each other as brothers. None of them, living or dead, ever saw it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by mandax: 12:03am On Feb 25, 2017
nell4:

Ha ha ha. Nothing works out well if the opinion of the largest single ethnic group in a country doesn't matter for other ethnic groups.

You are in for a long destructive politics for wan Naijeriyaaa. Nothing is gonna work well.
Re: Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) by ChiefSweetus: 12:17am On Feb 25, 2017
Na dat "Unknown" pain me pass.... my papa, "unknown" cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanusi Lamido Ado-Bayero Appointed As NPA Managing Director By Jonathan / James Ocholi Is Dead (Minister Of Labour, State) / £250million Given To Buhari By Britain - Dailymail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.