Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

"Snowman In Summer" Help Me With Review Pls - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / "Snowman In Summer" Help Me With Review Pls (401 Views)

Cold Day In Summer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Snowman In Summer" Help Me With Review Pls by Macwytt(m): 8:49pm On Feb 24, 2017
well am new to poetry, and am not sure I followed the rule of poetry.
Constructive criticism is allowed.

Snowman in Summer

I'm just a lonely snowman
Who hasn't felt a heat
Maybe am too cold to know
what heat might mean to me

Sometimes I feel a little bit lonely
With so many friends around
I know there's more to life
Than my little comfort zone

I want to feel the warmth of summer
Am scared I'll melt!
I've never even felt summer
How do I know I'll melt?

All I know is cold
All I've known is this home
My soul thrive to know what it feels like in summer
Without getting toast

Am I too scared of melting?
What is stopping the zeal in me?
I know people said, the sun is hot!
But am tired of this cold

Will I be able to witness this summer?
If I just take a step?
Will I be able to breath this summer air?
See the sunset, without getting to melt?

(This poem is about taking risk, some of us are so comfortable in our comfort zone that we miss a lot of opportunity out there. People tell us we'll get burn, never make it or even die if we try, but we have to make mistakes to learn.

snowman in summer is about a snowman wanting to witness summer and em we all know that's impossible because summer is warm. But who knows the Snowman might find away to make it ...If he try.
Life is all about making mistakes, leaving your comfort zone, aspire to be who you are and achieve your feats.

(1) (Reply)

There Is No Myth To Happiness / War[a Negative] / Death(shot Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.