Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

My Mumu Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Mumu Story (1068 Views)

Our Mumu Don Do (A Poem) / Una Mumu Don Taya Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mumu Story by Raintaker(m): 10:55pm On Feb 24, 2017
I am launching my writing career today on nairaland literature section
I need as much love as I can get to keep me going
I don't know who to tag,but I bet you will enjoy my short stories

============================================================================
All rights reseved, no part of this work may be reproduced in any format without the written permission of the author.
Mowrites60@gmail.com
-================================================================================

In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and God was the word
Re: My Mumu Story by Raintaker(m): 10:56pm On Feb 24, 2017
My “Mumu” Story
“Youths obey the clarion call, let us make our country proud; under the sun or in the rain”…………………………………………..
The Nigeria youth corpers posted to Enugu State chorused the NYSC anthem as a part of their early morning devotion.
Not all corpers present knew the wordings of the anthem, but they still moved their mouth all the same; a trait most corps members acquired since their primary school days.
Some of the corps members slept while standing and others moved to the back of the file to squat and enjoy their well deserved sleep, but the “bad- belle” soldiers wouldn’t allow these gentle men and women enjoy their sleep in peace; the soldiers kept on disturbing them – asking them to stand up and listen to whatever information is being passed.
==========================================================================================================

“One MUMU lost his certificate, another MUMU found it” the RSM announced- The RSM was the soldier in charge of the camp activities, he was only answerable to the camp commandant, who was always seen moving around with his “Aguiyi Ironsi- like” swagger stick, moving with the stealthy gait of a tiger, who is ever ready to pounce on its unsuspecting prey.
Unlike the camp commandant, the RSM was a friendly old man whose rotund belly was so full of humor that could make a 3 month old baby jump with laughter in its mother’s womb.
Who is Agboluaje Temitope? The RSM asked in his usual comic laid baritone voice. No corps member wanted to lay claim to the name nor associate with ever hearing the name before; for the fear of the public humiliation they might face. The soldiers were notorious for the public humiliation of civilians, especially "the white fowls".
Some twenty minutes later, the culprit summoned courage and decided to own up to her name and certificate. She received a thunderous ovation of “MUUUUUUUMUUU” from all angles, as she walked towards the podium to retrieve her lost property.
“Talk say I be MUMU” -the RSM said to the young lady”- “I be mumu” she muttered silently,
“Say it louder”- the RSM commanded -“IIIIII be MUUUMMU”, she stammered but this time it was louder than before ; with fresh hot tears streaming down her cheek soiling her beautifully “palm- “caked face, she collected her certificate and went straight to the back of the queue. This event gave some of the boys she did “shakara” for something to laugh about for a very long while.

Re: My Mumu Story by souloho19(m): 11:01pm On Feb 24, 2017
Raintaker:
My “Mumu” Story

“One MUMU lost his certificate, another MUMU found it”

"One OTONDO lost his certificate" would have been sweeter.
Nice write up chief

1 Like

Re: My Mumu Story by Raintaker(m): 11:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
souloho19:

"One OTONDO lost his certificate" would have been sweeter.
Nice write up chief
thanks for following sir

1 Like

Re: My Mumu Story by PWEETYWIZZY(f): 11:11pm On Feb 24, 2017
Bring it on
Re: My Mumu Story by Raintaker(m): 6:03pm On Feb 25, 2017
Story completed
Thank you guys for following.
Re: My Mumu Story by souloho19(m): 6:30pm On Feb 25, 2017
Raintaker:
Story completed
Thank you guys for following.

sad I was just getting tuned in na..
Y...its too short o

I even brought someone that wanted to meet u

Re: My Mumu Story by Raintaker(m): 7:03pm On Feb 25, 2017
souloho19:

sad I was just getting tuned in na..
Y...its too short o

I even brought someone that wanted to meet u
lol it's a short story
Thanks for reading
Stay tuned for more stories
Re: My Mumu Story by sammyscholar(m): 8:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
You have not corrected my grammartical mistake in the other thread, bro. I have come to read your work to see how adept my supposed teacher is; but, looking at his work, boy, nothing can be more bemusing. I am still waiting for your professional correction, anyway, so I can do the needful. Thanks
Raintaker:
My “Mumu” Story
“Youths obey the clarion call, let us make our country proud; under the sun or in the rain”…………………………………………..
The Nigeria youth corpers posted to Enugu State chorused the NYSC anthem as a part of their early morning devotion.
Not all corpers present knew the wordings of the anthem, but they still moved their mouth all the same; a trait most corps members acquired since their primary school days.
Some of the corps members slept while standing and others moved to the back of the file to squat and enjoy their well deserved sleep, but the “bad- belle” soldiers wouldn’t allow these gentle men and women enjoy their sleep in peace; the soldiers kept on disturbing them – asking them to stand up and listen to whatever information is being passed.
==========================================================================================================

“One MUMU lost his certificate, another MUMU found it” the RSM announced- The RSM was the soldier in charge of the camp activities, he was only answerable to the camp commandant, who was always seen moving around with his “Aguiyi Ironsi- like” swagger stick, moving with the stealthy gait of a tiger, who is ever ready to pounce on its unsuspecting prey.
Unlike the camp commandant, the RSM was a friendly old man whose rotund belly was so full of humor that could make a 3 month old baby jump with laughter in its mother’s womb.
Who is Agboluaje Temitope? The RSM asked in his usual comic laid baritone voice. No corps member wanted to lay claim to the name nor associate with ever hearing the name before; for the fear of the public humiliation they might face. The soldiers were notorious for the public humiliation of civilians, especially "the white fowls".
Some twenty minutes later, the culprit summoned courage and decided to own up to her name and certificate. She received a thunderous ovation of “MUUUUUUUMUUU” from all angles, as she walked towards the podium to retrieve her lost property.
“Talk say I be MUMU” -the RSM said to the young lady”- “I be mumu” she muttered silently,
“Say it louder”- the RSM commanded -“IIIIII be MUUUMMU”, she stammered but this time it was louder than before ; with fresh hot tears streaming down her cheek soiling her beautifully “palm- “caked face, she collected her certificate and went straight to the back of the queue. This event gave some of the boys she did “shakara” for something to laugh about for a very long while.

Re: My Mumu Story by Raintaker(m): 8:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
sammyscholar:
You have not corrected my grammartical mistake in the other thread, bro. I have come to read your work to see how adept my supposed teacher is; but, looking at his work, boy, nothing can be more bemusing. I am still waiting for your professional correction, anyway, so I can do the needful. Thanks
Serioously, you wanna tread this path?
I already emboldened what you requested in your thread, try and check it out.
And what I intended was for you to be a better writer, I never said I was a perfect writer myself.
Just try and check out what I quouted on d other thread.
Re: My Mumu Story by sammyscholar(m): 8:43pm On Mar 15, 2017
Raintaker:

And what I intended was for you to be a better writer, I never said I was a perfect writer myself.
ok. I will check at once.
Re: My Mumu Story by sammyscholar(m): 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
Raintaker:

Oh! You were right -- absolutely. I did not edit before posting it. The mistake was not out of igonorance but my failure to edit after typing.

That shows you know your bolts and nuts and not among those who are themselves lost but think they have grip of the walking staff and shout ERROR at every opportunity.

Anyway, it is needful I say that I am still learning, too.

Accept my humble apologies bro.

1 Like

Re: My Mumu Story by Raintaker(m): 9:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
sammyscholar:
Oh! You were right -- absolutely. I did not edit before posting it. The mistake was not out of igonorance but my failure to edit after typing.

That shows you know your bolts and nuts and not among those who are themselves lost but think they have grip of the walking staff and shout ERROR at every opportunity.

Anyway, it is needful I say that I am still learning, too.

Accept my humble apologies bro.
We r good bro
Apologies accepted.

(1) (Reply)

16 Personality Traits And What They Mean / Please How Much Can I Charge Someone For Ghost Writing?? [help!! It's Urgent] / Newomer On Nairaland-out To Make Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.