Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Safer Ways Of Dispersing Protesters ( The Use Of Rubber Bullets) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Safer Ways Of Dispersing Protesters ( The Use Of Rubber Bullets) (416 Views)

Herdsman Caught With Sack Of Bullets In Imo / 300,000 Live Bullets Concealed In Trucks Intercepted By Army In Ogun (Photos) / Baggers Kill Eiye Cultist In Delta After "Bullets Refused To Enter His Body" (2) (3) (4)

Safer Ways Of Dispersing Protesters ( The Use Of Rubber Bullets) by KingGBsky(m): 10:56pm On Feb 24, 2017
It is high time the Nigerian police force, army, civil defence force and other security operatives to begin the use of rubber bullets in dispersing violent protesters during crime rates.
This comes to mind bearing the news going round with the xenophobic attacks going on in South Africa at the moment were Nigerians and other african immigrants are being targeted by south afticans. One thing noticed during their protest was that the South African security forces uses rubber bullets to dispatch the building protesters and not the use of real fire arms as perpetrated by our Nigerian security operatives on its citizens. Sometimes even high pressure water are used in other countries.
The life of every Nigerian must matter. First to the government and also to the security forces.
The government must take upon himself to train and organise security programmes for the security agents on how to handle protest and not go about killing innocent citizens all in the name of dispersing protesters.

Re: Safer Ways Of Dispersing Protesters ( The Use Of Rubber Bullets) by KingGBsky(m): 11:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
cc: lalasticlala

plz let's preach the word and save nigerian lives
Re: Safer Ways Of Dispersing Protesters ( The Use Of Rubber Bullets) by ayindejimmy(m): 11:01pm On Feb 24, 2017
True talk.
Live ammunitions shouldn't be used in protests.
But we don't value human lives here

Re: Safer Ways Of Dispersing Protesters ( The Use Of Rubber Bullets) by KingGBsky(m): 11:11pm On Feb 24, 2017
ayindejimmy:
True talk.

Live ammunitions shouldn't be used in protests.

But we don't value human lives here

I doubt if the officers even go to training at all? that is the basis of their actions. They are not trained, as they behave as if humans are meat in their eyes.
Re: Safer Ways Of Dispersing Protesters ( The Use Of Rubber Bullets) by SuperSuave(m): 11:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
I see positive reasons for this post but everything that has an advantage must have disadvantages hence we do not need to pretend and all see things from the same angle.

Me and You make we judge am, for naijaaa, wey protesters and angry mobs no fear gun, who go fear rubber bullet or water hose? What if the protest turns into a showdown, how do the security men protect themselves which they do most times by shooting sporadically in the air.

Just my thought tho, might be wrong or right

Re: Safer Ways Of Dispersing Protesters ( The Use Of Rubber Bullets) by KingGBsky(m): 11:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
SuperSuave:
I see positive reasons for this post but everything that has an advantage must have disadvantages hence we do not need to pretend and all see things from the same angle.

Me and You make we judge am, for naijaaa, wey protesters and angry mobs no fear gun, who go fear rubber bullet or water hose? What if the protest turns into a showdown, how do the security men protect themselves which they do most times by shooting sporadically in the air.

Just my thought tho, might be wrong or right

No No please don't see it that way. It's in the Nigeria constitution. Everyone has the right to protest against what he or she feels different to.
Re: Safer Ways Of Dispersing Protesters ( The Use Of Rubber Bullets) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 24, 2017
Or you can just stay at home and not organize senseless dumb protests.
Re: Safer Ways Of Dispersing Protesters ( The Use Of Rubber Bullets) by KingGBsky(m): 10:03am On Feb 25, 2017
There is no where in the world that protest is not carried out. That is simply the collective way to effect change and bring the government of the day into agreement with the societal needs and demands

Suspected Armed Robbers Who Attacked Cocoa Merchant And His Son Arrested In Ogun / BREAKING: EFCC Intercepts Cash At Kaduna Airport / Police In Aba Reportedly Shot This Man Dead