Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,734 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience (43548 Views)

Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem / 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media / 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by oluwayimika123: 3:13pm On Feb 25, 2017
DonHummer:
Any one who doesn't know all these is still on a long thing. All my friends doing very well hardly post anything on social media, they might even change their DP once in a year, once you are doing well you don't need an app to show off. money speaks for itself. majority of peeps doing genuinely well even avoid social media to reduce people asking for help cause it's very hard to say no to people in naija, so it's better they avoid it from the beginning before you become that "stingy man".
I strongly agree with u. I used to b a social media freak as well during my early days as an under graduate until one of my uncle called me 2 my senses not because of spiritual things buh he indirectly opened my eyes 2 d fact d@ rather dan trying 2 do show offs y not put ur energy in2 things d@ will make u beta and WOW ur friends wen dey see U.

He and some of my ODA uncles have been a source of inspiration 2 me he hardly changes his dp or post pics on fbook xpct 4 his wife d@ upload pics once in a while den tag him and he is doing well

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by CellTabRepairs: 3:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
Never live a 'pressured' life. Carry yourself with dignity Live simple.

**Click My Name & View That Resource You Need!**
Don't wait in perpetuity for job invitations after applying!

2 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Black5050(m): 3:32pm On Feb 25, 2017
dxdiag:

Number one rule never bliv everything u see online, so many fake ass shit online.... its only a fool that will pressurize him/her self for all the online fantasy.
Number two rule, read number one again.

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Black5050(m): 3:33pm On Feb 25, 2017
Life is eazi

2 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 25, 2017
Social media and lies.

Now, that's a topic that's not going to go away.

One of Trump's daughters (abi na only daughter) shared a picture of her coming down from the Airfore one on her instagram page. I can't remember the exact words but she said something inspirational about coming down from the No 1 plane.

The peak moment for her wasn't when she was on the Aircraft. It was when she was coming down, because that was when the world can see.

People go to the Cinema these days and spend more time tweeting about it. Location update and the likes. I'm not trying to say it's bad in itself.

At some point, most of us are going to do it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by ShawttySoFyne(f): 10:31pm On Feb 25, 2017
DMeanMan:
Social media and lies.

Now, that's a topic that's not going to go away.

One of Trump's daughters (abi na only daughter) shared a picture of her coming down from the Airfore one on her instagram page. I can't remember the exact words but she said something inspirational about coming down from the No 1 plane.

The peak moment for her wasn't when she was on the Aircraft. It was when she was coming down, because that was when the world can see.

People go to the Cinema these days and spend more time tweeting about it. Location update and the likes. I'm not trying to say it's bad in itself.

At some point, most of us are going to do it.

2 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by dhardline(m): 10:56pm On Feb 25, 2017
what do think has been causing the increase in yahoo boys,ritualists,prostitutes and runs girls all around?its the same thing...the hunger to feel among.Nobody wants to start small and grow,people just want to get there in an instant so they can show off for no good reason and if they cant get it they fake it for no good reason either.talk about peer pressure.

18 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by dhardline(m): 10:58pm On Feb 25, 2017
JaneyBlingx:
Too many fake people on social media especially instagram. You see handles like 'pweedy bosschick, queenslayer, dopest froshest nigga, baddest chick ever. You see them take pictures in exotic hotels and big cars but all na lie. I was also part of the fake people on social media but then I came to realize that if I keep on forming to be a big girl, the angel of blessing might think I'm rich and don't need money grin
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by kstyle2(m): 3:44am On Feb 26, 2017
You've said it all. Many people tend to live fake lives on social media. I know of some cases, just choose not to talk about it. I've learnt lessons from a relative. This man earns over 1.5m naira a month but you can never see him display an extravagant lifestyle on social media. I recently got a bigger job in a big firm I ph but I have made up my mind not to upload any picture taken at the office. I believe in simplicity and i wish our youths of these days would do the same

13 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Nobody: 4:16am On Feb 26, 2017
I have gained admission for the past 3years...but you can't see my Picture on Facebook...

I upload pictures on Facebook only for record purposes..like a personal archive..once in few months.
#NOTE;I can't do without social media..because my works are online based.. and I am active on my business accounts (not related to me @all)

but my personal account?...Na..
I have some 2014 Fb messages that I haven't read self...
FAKE LIFE ON FACEBOOK=100%

4 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by chidekings(m): 6:46am On Feb 26, 2017
[/b]So you see, social media and lies. Even some of our celebrities dey lie. Uploading fake pictures and testimonies. Some of the things we see on social media are not what they are in reality. The most beautiful ladies are on social media. When you see them in real life they are not much cute but after filters and so many applications being worked on their photos, they come out so beautiful that the most beautiful angel in heaven will be wondering if he’s even beautiful.
So many of the friends uploading pictures of the cars they are driving on social media, I have come to see few of them in real life and discover they don’t even own a bicycle.
With all these, I have learnt not to put pressure on myself. [b]

U just nailed the truth here... U see them online when u chat them up and meet them in reality ,u will be tempted to leave them Cus what u see in reality is a far cry of her hot pics ur seeing on social media.

1 Like

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by egopersonified(f): 9:09am On Feb 26, 2017
some comments here are really funny. I think the best bet is for you to be your own competition. Always trying to improve on who you are and what you have.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by kevoh(m): 9:49am On Feb 26, 2017
I care less about what others post on social media. Even if the appearances they are trying to keep with their pictures are real and not lies, all that matters to me is keeping my bank account healthy always. No one will keep it steadily healthy for me undecided .

7 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by tardell007(m): 10:40am On Feb 26, 2017
samblaks:
I hail your piece my dear brother. I have realised long long ago that the kind of lifestyle(s) that people display on social media is/are quite different from their real life. Reality is an eye opener. You have seen it by yourself. So, show less than you have and speak less than you know. As for me, I have chosen to face reality, and keep trying to be better than who I was the previous day as am not competing with anyone except to keep improving daily.
nice one,i like this.
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Freelancerx: 10:43am On Feb 26, 2017
E long o. Chai. This na epistle.
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by LegalBaby(f): 6:00pm On Feb 26, 2017
you're 100% right op.
lalasticlala innovative write up.

1 Like

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by ALAYORMII: 9:04pm On Feb 26, 2017
Social media is the home of lies and deceit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 26, 2017
@onismate, right on the money pal, very right.
Experience in life has taught me never to be swayed by social media.
Any lady who posts pics in a car, na borrow pose until proven otherwise. The concept of even posting pics of you in a car is a turn off to me ffs.
An empty barrel makes the loudest noise.
Fake peeps

3 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
tchimatic:
The man below should please summarise.
he actually summarized it
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by jtjohn(m): 9:19pm On Feb 26, 2017
JaneyBlingx:
Too many fake people on social media especially instagram. You see handles like 'pweedy bosschick, queenslayer, dopest froshest nigga, baddest chick ever. You see them take pictures in exotic hotels and big cars but all na lie. I was also part of the fake people on social media but then I came to realize that if I keep on forming to be a big girl, the angel of blessing might think I'm rich and don't need money grin
lol......

1 Like

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:19pm On Feb 26, 2017
JaneyBlingx:
lol
it also affects me too
but later decided to just be true to myself

well, its okay if its done to package oneself professionally career wise.

but when its done to show off, thats were the problem is

1 Like

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by AngelicBeing: 9:20pm On Feb 26, 2017
JaneyBlingx:
l am one of the Angels, so keep on been real and l will open my warehouse and bless you very soon cool

2 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by doyinbaby(f): 9:21pm On Feb 26, 2017
I have not really being going to Facebook,,,,I want to avoid being miserable.,,i no wan dey under pressure...,make I happy for the things wey God done do for my life

2 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 26, 2017
op, I don't even know how to start to agree with you.
I don't know which story to tell concerning this matter.

I know a couple of people - ex school mates o, family members o who do this fake life on social media.

some call it 'fake it till you make it'.

There's this homeless broke girl i happen to know personally on my Snapchat that's fooling everyone to think she lives a posh life in Lekki but the girl barely has a job and squats from one house to another every week

i can't even start to give stories, cos I won't finish.

Don't believe those things o.

real successful people don't flaunt it, and that's the truth. infact, they hardly change or update pictures. They're too busy for that. they probably have the least Instagram followers.

13 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by iamord(m): 9:22pm On Feb 26, 2017
JaneyBlingx:
you have not changed anway! undecided i still see the Blingx at the end of your name grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by AdonaiRoofing(m): 9:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
Over fifty percent of what is seen on fb are lies and fake

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance etc
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Blonchilli(m): 9:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
Lol! Everywhere my brother! I used to be a pained young man during my service year, seeing old school friends balling hard. Till I came back home and met them soaking Garri. Our high school reunion one of the supposed big boys in town happened to be our classemate, he told us he would foot the bills, oshey baddest! Na so we begin order here and there from one of the most expensive hotels in the town. This guy do us strong thing o! Pay 13k na e run! My guy ended up paying and went broke. We never looked at him same way again.

4 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Youngbarna(m): 9:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
;DNo b lie oo in class mah frnd go b lyk hw mny lyks u dey gt 4 fb i go b lyk na lyk i won chop

1 Like

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 26, 2017
onismate i very much relate to your story on how people live fake lives on social media.
Problem is they don't even feel there's something not cool about it and i'm sure your friend never knew there is something called karma till you met her at the iroko tv stand in the streets.
However, how i wish everything about everybody is true and they are truly successful as they claim. I wish success to all, nevertheless.

3 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by henrydadon(m): 9:26pm On Feb 26, 2017
How many of you have notice how snapchat filters make people fine 10 times more than their real beauty..GOd i hate snapchat..that the same platform bobrisky uses to deceive gullible people..so you wont see his multicolor skin.

Honestly i just upload my picture just to save it online..but since last year November i have started using Google drive to save my pic and document so i can show my future children what daddy looks like when he was young

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fmwhatsapp Version 8.35 Apk Download For Android / Airtel Free Megabytes, Get 200MB Without Paying A Dine / Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.