Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience (43571 Views)

Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem / 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media / 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by melejo(m): 10:35pm On Feb 26, 2017
Interesting, when an educative post is made you will see Nigeria united as if we are watching Supper Eagle vs Argentina. No afonja, no Ipod and all those nonsense. Sarrki, omenka, ngene...., modath and all those problematic names would suddenly disappear. Thank you op, you nailed it

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Electroweb(m): 10:36pm On Feb 26, 2017
Research has shown that too much social media (monitoring the progress of others) causes depression.

7 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Engineermbugame(m): 10:39pm On Feb 26, 2017
lol ,come and be going
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Abdulazeez007(m): 10:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 26, 2017
Y u surprised?, Nigerians love deceit grin do like wetin I dunno,

Abeqi NP snowed in_Chance the rapper ft jeremih
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by KingOfThePay(m): 10:52pm On Feb 26, 2017
Good contributions, but The irony is that most people that have commented and still commenting are amonsgt the ones living social media fake life. It obvious.

8 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by SmartyPants(m): 10:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
I like to read but on this occasion i must say the point could have been made well within three paragraphs!
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by 100Cents: 10:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
master69:
I have seen Dem plenty......imagine some of them after posting the fine picture online dey wll inturn be begging me 1k..... for my mind go and eat ur like on FB.

You mean they should convert their Facebook and Instagram likes into cash ?
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by chronique(m): 11:02pm On Feb 26, 2017
My activities on social media, are 90% business related. Several years ago, I converted my first facebook account to a business account and opened a personal account for myself. I haven't posted or logged into my private facebook page, in over 4/5 years and I have just roughly 60 carefully selected friends there and the account has restrictions cos you can't search me and find me. The one I converted to a business profile, has almost all the notable celebs in the entertainment industry as contacts... Even at that, it's majorly on Nairaland that I get to hear stories about them. The only thing you will see me post on facebook is "2012 Toyota Camry for sale, 2003 Honda accord for sale,etc". Even when I take a picture in a Bentley or Rolls Royce or Range Rover, the next thing that follows it is "for sale". No time for unnecessary rada rada. Anybody that sees me taking pictures in a Bentley or Rolls Royce and rushes to do yahoo or blood money so as to swag up, is on his own. I never said I owned the damn car...lol.

Most people get carried away with other people's lifestyle due to low self esteem. Most of the celebs flossing these days, are peeps I used to know from way back when we were all hustling as upcoming music-preneurs... Some of them doing well now, are peeps who used to beg "bros, give me small change or anything for your boy",etc. Some, just needed a place to shower and keep their luggage back then while they hustle and sleep in the studio like studio rats(i wouldn't mention names) but today, amongst these folks,you'd find top video directors,music producers, etc. Someone might want to ask if I don't feel bad seemingly being left behind and the answer is NO. Rather, I feel some sense of satisfaction of haven contributed in my little ways by way of advice, to some of them.

People should understand that every one has a different clock of success in life,and a different path to success. It's good allow other people's success to challenge you but never get depressed on feel inferior because you think someone is doing better than you. No matter how well you fake it, you can only be a modified version of the original. So why not put that effort into being a true version of you?

For the ladies, please stop going to front of people's houses to snap pictures everyday. Most of you do it and that shit is lame. Used to have these set of fine girls on my street back then, who used to come take pictures in front of my house anytime they dress up to go out. At a point, I got so used to seeing them there and would just walk in quietly like I didn't see nothing. Of course, they must have scammed a lot of dudes that way. At the end, when I see someone uploading pictures taken in front of a gate, I just remember those chicks and smile...

For me, social media is first and foremost for business and after that, we can talk about something else. If you must be active on social media, make sure it is fetching you money. Anything other than that is nonsense.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by kalishay: 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
It means u ve been sleeping to have realize it now undecidedcongrats u re up now grin
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Dindondin(m): 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
JaneyBlingx:
Too many fake people on social media especially instagram. You see handles like 'pweedy bosschick, queenslayer, dopest froshest nigga, baddest chick ever. You see them take pictures in exotic hotels and big cars but all na lie. I was also part of the fake people on social media but then I came to realize that if I keep on forming to be a big girl, the angel of blessing might think I'm rich and don't need money grin
Lmao

1 Like

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Thecassanova: 11:50pm On Feb 26, 2017
I haven't change my profile pix on Facebook since 2014, last picture upload 2015.

Last upload on instagram 2015

Last dp change on bbm and whatsapp Nov 2016.

I don't really care about these social media, apart from chatting and passing message across, what's the use? I enjoy my privacy more than anything.

The annoying thing nobody cares; they only message and hit u up because u change dp. All falacy.

5 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by luminouz(m): 11:50pm On Feb 26, 2017
nkemdi89:
For the single ones like me our married friends never fail to flaunt their wedding, marital and family life on fb, making some of us to feel unfortunately single. A friend once upload picture of their new bundle of joy, less than 5 minutes the child didn't survive, it took them about 2 years to have another issue. That was how a policeman uploaded details of his child dedication, enemies track him and finish his family, another one after using his hard earn money from peacekeeping to a build a house his wife uploaded the picture and attracted assasins.
Babe babe! grin
Don't mind doz fb showoffs! U go marry this year!
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by InvertedHammer: 11:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
LOL.

There are many people begging for recharge credits or part payment for rent on 1 bedroom apartment whose profiles in fb say they are President/CEO of some group of companies.

I feel sorry for the gullible ones who believe all the crap. Someone in Ilorin will post that he is at JFK airport New York and his friends will be going crazy in envy not knowing that bobo is chilling in Iya Irabo kpomo joint somewhere while enjoying all the drama.

Look at all the Tonto lies. It is an open season out there. Live your fantasy online.

5 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by hopeforcharles(m): 12:11am On Feb 27, 2017
JaneyBlingx:
Too many fake people on social media especially instagram. You see handles like 'pweedy bosschick, queenslayer, dopest froshest nigga, baddest chick ever. You see them take pictures in exotic hotels and big cars but all na lie. I was also part of the fake people on social media but then I came to realize that if I keep on forming to be a big girl, the angel of blessing might think I'm rich and don't need money grin
Hahahahhahahahahhaha I swear I like u, let's be pen pals.

1 Like

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:15am On Feb 27, 2017
Joavid:
op, I don't even know how to start to agree with you.

real successful people don't flaunt it, and that's the truth. infact, they hardly change or update pictures. They're too busy for that. they probably have the least Instagram followers.
this is what i have been looking for.
i feel your comment is the best so far!
5 star comment.

110% agree with you,
people who are successful or want to be successful (at the verge of being) do not have time for social media.

i cant imagine the new Chelsea coach Kante, Diego Costa, B. Pitt , Trump or PMB or UN sec gen tweeting away, facebooking or idlying nairalanding,

The heavy responsibilities of family and the world on their shoulders wont allow them.

1 Like

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by ciggy000(m): 1:03am On Feb 27, 2017
and for those of us dat keeps liking those pics on Facebook we are promoting dem to keep leaving fake so we are all guilty of same.

7 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Shikena(m): 3:02am On Feb 27, 2017
Nice one - glad more and more people are figuring this out. Same with our people abroad. Most of those doing very well in UK/US etc hardly have time to be posting pictures of themselves in the snow, having lunch, drinking wine etc on social media. The empty barrels are the loud ones. Also, I notice a lot of people claiming fake academic credentials online. It may not be your business but if an old friend living in Berlin suddenly starts calling himself a Ph.D - google is your friend. This is 2017 and Nigerians are no fools. A fake Toronto university graduate who became speaker at the House of Reps, Salisu Buhari, was busted in 1999 long before internet became almost an all comers affair in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by priest54: 3:45am On Feb 27, 2017
Well, in all Godliness with contentment is a great gain, after all it is a fact that we brought nothing into this world and certain that we will take nothing out, let us all be thankful while we have our today's and appreciate God for his show of love and grace on us, we need to stop comparing ourselves with others for those who compare themselves with others are not wise, success should only be appreciated and applauded and not worshiped, I appreciate my friend's who have gotten there before me, but I am not compelled to look down on my self because we don't have the same story line, neither do I look down on my friends who are down the lather of success for no one actually knows tomorrow, I work to improve myself daily, I enjoy a private and quiet life while trusting God for more.

2 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Allisonrichy(m): 4:48am On Feb 27, 2017
MI talk am finish na
Him say Instagram(Social media) be putting pressure on a dude
Most times even artists don't have dough on us
I love dat track die ME SEF BE HUMAN BEING
Bro no go enter one chance oh trying to be like your friends at Gods appointed time he will bless u

1 Like

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Nobody: 5:15am On Feb 27, 2017
/

4 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by mctowel01: 6:30am On Feb 27, 2017
Unless the extravagant show off is beneficial to your brand and hence your career to put food on your table, Ladies and gentlemen, it is ultimately pointless.

3 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by seguntijan(m): 6:36am On Feb 27, 2017
*True situational Analysis of Life.*
After Secondary School..
Some of our classmates have gone out of the country, others have completed universities and are now doctors, engineers, teachers, pilots, lawyers, administrators, etc.
Some have married, some have given birth.. . some are dead, don't forget that too. Some are doing their masters programme, PHD, etc. Some haven't even gained admission into the tertiary institution.
Some own companies, Some are now Directors and majority shareholders of huge companies.
But how do you feel when you meet your classmate, and it seems like he/she has reached his dreams and you're not yet close yours? So many thoughts runs through your mind.
First God has not been fair to you. But don't forget some are also dead. Somehow feels like jealousy, its a normal feeling.
But, You must not regret your life. We all are different and our path to greatness is not same in distance.
Some might reach before you, some might reach
after you but wherever level you are presently, please keep trying to break limitations and move further.
Celebrate the success of others, its an application
for yours.
Your friend buys a car now, be happy with him/ her.
Remember when you get yours, theirs might not be
the latest again.
Life is not by competition, if not we all Will be born into one type of family, one religion and same everything.
Let the passion in you, never quench, the desire in you, keep it burning. what you pass through, write it down because one day the world would be ready to read it.
There's no height you cannot attain, just believe.
Define goals and recognize distractions.
Spend time teaching yourself, because the things that mainly take people to the top,is the things they
devoted time to develop.
Don't be intimidated by your fellow's success, the sky is too wide that the birds can fly without touching themselves.
Value the small things that God brings and comes into our lives and luv God and do the work of God. For with God, all things are possible.
Now to those who are on top, never forget to give a helping hands to those who are down.
I will meet you on top.
May our friendship grow from strength to strength, from grass to grace, from zero to hero.
*WISH U MORE SUCCESS IN THE JOURNEY OF LIFE*

9 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by kherlly(m): 6:47am On Feb 27, 2017
I do post pic of the vehicle i ride on my fb
There was a day people were congratulating me and a friend ask directly on the pic is it my car

I reply nope coz why not say the truth when i dont have yet... Cant lie bout anything on social media as for me.

2 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by metallisc(m): 6:53am On Feb 27, 2017
CaroLyner:
And you had to quote everything.

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by egbabiekperemo1: 6:58am On Feb 27, 2017
master69:
I have seen Dem plenty......imagine some of them after posting the fine picture online dey wll inturn be begging me 1k..... for my mind go and eat ur like on FB.

This one was even begging me for 5k despite all her swag on instagram

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by JayJayGee: 7:04am On Feb 27, 2017
My guy I dey pity you but this your story dey very funny grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by hatchy(f): 7:13am On Feb 27, 2017
Ovems:
That's one of the reasons I don't visit facebook as frequently as I used to. Make person no come use him own matter day depress me.
True talk my dear. I open Facebook once in 3 months because of this same wahala.Fake life in Facebook.
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by loseyourseld(m): 7:24am On Feb 27, 2017
Learnt this from a friend's marriage. She was always posting pics of her and her husband, with lovely messages. Her fb page is filled with their pics, not a day that she won't put up a picture. #dayoutwithboo, #loveofmylife, #loversforlife. Those kind of stuffs.

Well, they are currently separated and about to divorce in less than 2 years of marriage. Things weren't as rosy as she was making them to look. the marriage was never working despite her numerous fb and instagram post.
She was more interested making people think she is happy, than working on her marriage.

8 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 27, 2017
Joavid:
op, I don't even know how to start to agree with you.
I don't know which story to tell concerning this matter.

I know a couple of people - ex school mates o, family members o who do this fake life on social media.

some call it 'fake it till you make it'.

There's this homeless broke girl i happen to know personally on my Snapchat that's fooling everyone to think she lives a posh life in Lekki but the girl barely has a job and squats from one house to another every week

i can't even start to give stories, cos I won't finish.

Don't believe those things o.

real successful people don't flaunt it, and that's the truth. infact, they hardly change or update pictures. They're too busy for that. they probably have the least Instagram followers.
and ones having many followers they are using it for their business (business page)
my Personal twitter account (6followers)
my personal Facebook account (1,129 friends after 5years)
on the other hand
My PR/Entertainment/Gist Page
Instagram=77k
Twitter=600
Facebook =5k friends and 700+ on my page
@least if you want to be sourcing for followers or friends... let it be that you are making money from it

1 Like

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Sebastine1994(m): 8:18am On Feb 27, 2017
Have you heard of the Batesian mimicry?. There are so many look alike or wannabe who want to come across a the real thing. It take special gift to differentiate them from genuine. For every bill gates there are many wannabe bill gates. In the university I discovered this. Those we call noise Maker's fall into this category. They want to convince you that they are smart. In truth the real people dont talk. So it is on social media. They need your praise to feel satisfied. The real People hardly spend time on facebook or bother to update status every two minutes.
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by henrixx(m): 8:23am On Feb 27, 2017
JaneyBlingx:
haha....just like the name on nairaland janeyBLINGX. the angel is coming but pray he doesnt pass tru nairaland lol

but really nice stuff you repented

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Airtel Free Megabytes, Get 200MB Without Paying A Dine / Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Which Network Is Currently Making You Feel Very Happy On Internet Access?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.