Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (876527 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 8:16am On Apr 23, 2017
Osemigho:
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college,
3. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
4. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
5. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed).
6.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
7. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route.
8. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
9. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
10. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.
11. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Medical mail 24th March.
12. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
13. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
14. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed.
15. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
16. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route.
17. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
18. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
19. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
20. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route.
21. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical.
22. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.

Congrats to those approved, the delayed should repackage, restrategise, and reapply.

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline.

It will end with praises.
How come @yemdogg hasn't received medical request mail since February! Piethewitch applied in March and has being approved? Don't they work serially at CIC?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RealObserver(m): 8:18am On Apr 23, 2017
Eraytee:

the landed property can only stand as hometie, its never a liquid cash just as @Austinpee4 said earlier. its either you get a sponsor or try figure out the funds if you are going to be self sponsored, try to pay part of your fees to show commitment cox just showing this fund and not paying part of your tuition might not convince the VO enough as u are self-sponsored, den no too trust Nigerians.

Would have paid my tuition fee for the 3 terms since, but they haven't given me instructions on how to go about it, school said I should wait till July before I pay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 8:36am On Apr 23, 2017
CanadianNurse:
How come @yemdogg hasn't received medical request mail since February! Piethewitch applied in March and has being approved? Don't they work serially at CIC?

At bold applied from Kenya with processing time 5wks, u can tell the difference @Yemdogg applied from naija.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 8:52am On Apr 23, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

You are wise

please I'lld like to ask,my tution per semester is 13kCAD and my sponsor has a SOA of 7m, will this be sufficient enough although my sponsor holds a good position in the fedral ministry and my sponsor is my guardian...Please help thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 9:00am On Apr 23, 2017
Moley22:
please I'lld like to ask,my tution per semester is 13kCAD and my sponsor has a SOA of 7m, will this be sufficient enough although my sponsor holds a good position in the fedral ministry and my sponsor is my guardian...Please help thanks
Per semester or session? Thats way too high high for a semester. Probably check ur offer letter. If after payment of tuition you still have 7M, I think you are on the good side.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 9:08am On Apr 23, 2017
Eraytee:

Per semester or session? Thats way too high high for a semester. Probably check ur offer letter. If after payment of tuition you still have 7M, I think you are on the good side.
i got admission to university of windsor, Tution is abt 13kCAD per term and i heard its 2terms per year, Thats abt 26k, My sponsor works with fedral govt and is stable enough but currently has only 7m in his account but i have a 1kCAD for my tution deposit, Now my question will this be sufficient for a sponsor to havr since he has a steady flow of income??Awaiting response,thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 9:24am On Apr 23, 2017
mcobex:
as long as u have ur uni cert there's no need worrying urself about transcript .

Kk thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 9:27am On Apr 23, 2017
mcobex:
yes u can use both of them and the vo won't frown at it, but ur sister's husband will have to convince the vo in his letter of support and let him show commitment by paying either ur tuition fee or send his own support (cash) to ur bank account, in the case of ur husband he can also do same (but the vo won't be too strict on him cos u being his wife is enough reason for him to sponsor u). hope am able to answer ur question? the gurus in the house can explain more on it

Absolutely! Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2017
Moley22:
i got admission to university of windsor, Tution is abt 13kCAD per term and i heard its 2terms per year, Thats abt 26k, My sponsor works with fedral govt and is stable enough but currently has only 7m in his account but i have a 1kCAD for my tution deposit, Now my question will this be sufficient for a sponsor to havr since he has a steady flow of income??Awaiting response,thanks.

Alot of things come to play in this, ao many dependants has ur sponsor? Your available funds can't takia of a year tuition plus 10kCAD a yr living expenses as specified by IRCC. Because a VO doesnt expect ur sponsor to empty his account for your program, so even after paying your fees there should b something left to feed on by d sponsor. So the question above need to be answered to know your direction.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 10:05am On Apr 23, 2017
Moley22:
bro I will be straight forward with u as a friend on NL, cad26k is over #6mil by the time u add cad10k (around #2.4mil) that will amount to over #8mil (which is more than what ur sponsor have in his account ),I want to also believe u aren't the only dependant to ur sponsor . NB: pls let's me mindful of the schools we pick, we should try and get enough info about the tuition of our proposed school before applying as that will save us this kind of stress. if u can get a co-sponsor with around the same amount it might PASS. gurus in the house might have other views sha. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 10:10am On Apr 23, 2017
Eraytee:

Alot of things come to play in this, ao many dependants has ur sponsor? Because a VO doesnt expect ur sponsor to empty his account for your program, so even after paying your fees there should b something left to feed on by d sponsor. So the question above need to be answered to know your direction.
okay thanks for the response,my sponsor will pay the required fee of 26kcad tho it seems high likely if there mit be entrance scholarship or installmental payments for both terms. Also i feel there are cheaper schools one can transfer too after First year...The whole hustle na just to enter canada and study...Bt if its abt raising more pls enlighten me, thanks fam, Awaiting response God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 10:16am On Apr 23, 2017
mcobex:
bro I will be straight forward with u as a friend on NL, cad26k is over #6mil by the time u add cad10k (around #2.4mil) that will amount to over #8mil (which is more than what ur sponsor have in his account ),I want to also believe u aren't the only dependant to ur sponsor . NB: pls let's me mindful of the schools we pick, we should try and get enough info about the tuition of our proposed school before applying as that will save us this kind of stress. if u can get a co-sponsor with around the same amount it might PASS. gurus in the house might have other views sha. thanks
thanks bro...so whats ur honest suggestion pls?? God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 10:16am On Apr 23, 2017
Moley22:
okay thanks for the response,my sponsor will pay the required fee of 26kcad tho it seems high likely if there mit be entrance scholarship or installmental payments for both terms. Also i feel there are cheaper schools one can transfer too after First year...The whole hustle na just to enter canada and study...Bt if its abt raising more pls enlighten me, thanks fam, Awaiting response God bless
are u saying after he has paid the cad26k he will still have #7mil in his account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 10:19am On Apr 23, 2017
Moley22:

1. what level of study are u going for; master or uG??

2. who is ur sponsor? parent or uncle?? because if it's an uncle then even 8m wont be enough unless you have already catered for fees. Ask ur self why will an uncle give u a significant amunt of his saving about 95% or more. If it''s an uncle u ve to show proof of relation as well.

3. 1k cad is totally insignificant looking at the fees in question unless its part of meeting a conditional offer,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 10:21am On Apr 23, 2017
Moley22:
thanks bro...so whats ur honest suggestion pls?? God bless
since u have committed cad1k u will have to look for a co-sponsor with almost same amount then u apply or u apply with with just one sponsor and see if it goes through and if u get denied u ask for ur cad1k back and apply to much cheaper schools(except God really want to shame the vo). ...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 10:35am On Apr 23, 2017
mcobex:
since u have committed cad1k u will have to look for a co-sponsor with almost same amount then u apply or u apply with with just one sponsor and see if it goes through and if u get denied u ask for ur cad1k back and apply to much cheaper schools(except God really want to shame the vo). ...
So bro do u think we shud source for more funds and apply since this is a lifetime opportunity or rather reapply to cheaper schools and can we meetup with Sept 2017?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 10:41am On Apr 23, 2017
mcobex:
the 1k cad is just a tution desposit i paid to Uwindsor to accept my offer and its non refundable ...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 10:46am On Apr 23, 2017
@oluwaCanny its an UG programme and he's a custodian to my late father's rights so its basically my parent's entitlement...He's my guardian my, dad's cousin...Do u think UWindsor is on the high side and can one meetup with Sept 2017 applying for another schl??Pls reply thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 10:54am On Apr 23, 2017
Moley22:
So bro do u think we shud source for more funds and apply since this is a lifetime opportunity or rather reapply to cheaper schools and can we meetup with Sept 2017?
YES, sourcing for more funds will be very ok. a way to source for more fund is getting another sponsor to support ur guardian . so u will have to sponsors or if ur guardian can have around #10mil in his account it might work
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 10:56am On Apr 23, 2017
Moley22:
the 1k cad is just a tution desposit i paid to Uwindsor to accept my offer and its non refundable ...
Oh! I will advice u apply to other schools now with January in mind while u source for more funds for this September session

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 10:56am On Apr 23, 2017
mcobex:
YES, sourcing for more funds will be very ok. a way to source for more fund is getting another sponsor to support ur guardian . so u will have to sponsors or if ur guardian can have around #10mil in his account it might work
Thanks very much brother GOD bless you for the insight..The school is even too expensive..Walahi after first year one must switch..Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 11:07am On Apr 23, 2017
mcobex:
Oh! I will advice u apply to other schools now with January in mind while u source for more funds for this September session
Brother Naija no easy applying to another school and waiting for another duration of time is more costlier than September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 11:13am On Apr 23, 2017
Moley22:
Brother Naija no easy applying to another school and waiting for another duration of time is more costlier than September
ok, try and raise more fund then u apply now. ur uncle should try and get one of his friends to act as ur co-sponsor (though he won't have to part with his cool cash sha), then let ur co-sponsor give convincing reasons why he is acting as ur co-sponsor then u can apply asap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Is2bEe(m): 11:15am On Apr 23, 2017
RealObserver:

Would have paid my tuition fee for the 3 terms since, but they haven't given me instructions on how to go about it, school said I should wait till July before I pay
please if you have to apply before paying your tuition, ensure you attach your correspondence with your school that says you should wait till July before you pay your tuition. Explain in your LOE that that's the reason you haven't paid your tuition and that your tuition fee is readily available in your account.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 11:17am On Apr 23, 2017
Moley22:
@oluwaCanny its an UG programme and he's a custodian to my late father's rights so its basically my parent's entitlement...He's my guardian my, dad's cousin...Do u think UWindsor is on the high side and can one meetup with Sept 2017 applying for another schl??Pls reply thanks
memorial university of newfoundland is cheap, so u can check them out if they have any course that will interest u... NB: seriously if Memorial umiversity have what u want I will strongly advice u apply now with January resumption in mind but if u can raise around #10mil now then u can continue with the one u have now

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 11:17am On Apr 23, 2017
Hiccups:

Thanks, but please I don't get this

Don't accept a PhD admission that does not come with funding (AKA Scholarship) that is sufficient for you to pay your tuition and living expenses. Such funding will lower your account balance requirement to as low as #500,000-#1m, if you are single with no dependant.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
Moley22:

well the advice u were given earlier by the gurus was based on the assumption that u were going for a two years study. For UG studies the financial burden is huge since the duration may be more than two year (usually 4 years).

Also, why dont u look at school which are cheaper with regards to your area of interest... check this link http://emakgaga..com/2014/07/list-of-affordable-universities-and.html

NB: please note that this was written in 2014.

based on the info u provided, it wil be tough to convince ur a difficult VO with regards to proof of funds. So find a cheaper and please check ther fees before u apply. Goodlcuk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 23, 2017
Hiccups:
Hi, you guys are doing a great job here. I am interested in PhD Computer science at either Toronto or British Columbia. I am rounding up MSC in UK within months. Please what's the minimum amount (£) I need to get through and what's my chances like, I have first degree in computer science, MSC course highly related

First off you should find universities you are interested in in these provinces and check the tuition fees of those that most interest you. The cic requirement is a minimum of tuition+10000 CAD, don't quote me on this but given that tuition fees for PhDs tend to be on the low side I think 15,000 could do it but like I said check the tuition fees first.

Also I would advise you begin looking at programs immediately, some of these will probably require you having a faculty supervisor prior to application and this process can take a while. You might find it easier if you are at a good university in UK and your grades are typically 2.1+ but still, get on this. Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Hiccups: 1:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
LightandDarkness:

First off you should find universities you are interested in in these provinces and check the tuition fees of those that most interest you. The cic requirement is a minimum of tuition+10000 CAD, don't quote me on this but given that tuition fees for PhDs tend to be on the low side I think 15,000 could do it but like I said check the tuition fees first.

Also I would advise you begin looking at programs immediately, some of these will probably require you having a faculty supervisor prior to application and this process can take a while. You might find it easier if you are at a good university in UK and your grades are typically 2.1+ but still, get on this. Good luck

Thank you very much. I am interested in University of Toronto and University of British Columbia. My chances of rounding up MSC in UK with over 85% CGPA is positive. I have not published any Journal yet, though my University may published one of my work, any idea if this can affect my chances of gaining admission into these two universities?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Hiccups: 1:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
Osemigho:

Don't accept a PhD admission that does not come with funding (AKA Scholarship) that is sufficient for you to pay your tuition and living expenses. Such funding will lower your account balance requirement to as low as #500,000-#1m, if you are single with no dependant.

Wow! Thanks for the info. Really an eye opener, I never knew this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
Hiccups:

Thank you very much. I am interested in University of Toronto and University of British Columbia. My chances of rounding up MSC in UK with over 85% CGPA is positive. I have not published any Journal yet, though my University may published one of my work, any idea if this can affect my chances of gaining admission into these two universities?

That's a very strong cgpa, Toronto and UBC do have some competitive programs so again look into that, UBC usually publishes admission statistics so that might help you get an idea of your admissibility. I think for PhD a publication record can go a long way but if you don't have this a record of research activity would help, usually publication requirements would be included as part of the admission requirement's if it is essential. If it isn't mentioned then i think it would depend on your supervisors perception

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.