Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,737 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (876166 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by goodnews1111: 11:23pm On Mar 19, 2017
michV:
individual circumstances can determine a program which could be perceived to be assessed as genuine entrance. like I have said before on this forum, a female friend of mine I assisted in preparing her application for a DIPLOMA PROGRAM IN PRACTICAL NURSING,got her TRV last year and left on January this year for Canada. she declared her B.Sc. but the truth is that she has only one year experience in that field hence we explained to the VO the need for a diploma program since her undergraduate study was in Accountancy.

you may keep your hope alive but not a guarantee..
In my case I have a BSc industrial chemistry. Have a year work experience as QC officer it was dis job as QC dat triggered me to apply for a diploma in Process Control since my job is to carry out quality check before and after processing I saw the need to equip myself withprocess control skill and on completion of this diploma in process control gives me a foundation knowledge in chemical engineering. Which will be of advantage when I decide to do my master in chemical engineering in the near future.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 11:39pm On Mar 19, 2017
michaelbelgium:
finally got an offer. M.Eng in chemical engineering...UOttawa fall 2017

Congrats. Kindly join the Visa plane. cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 11:55pm On Mar 19, 2017
Blackanada:

@bold, I'm referring to UAlberta and UWaterloo. In my field they're both ranked 4 and 3 respectively, so I doubt in that sense any one would provide significant edge over the other for trv approval. Moreover I applied for same course at both schools.

Thanks for your advice though.

With regards to switching after trv approval, must I be in Canada before I can officially changed programs?
You MUST be enrolled in the school/program you intend to switch to and if the school permits enrollment before you arrive canada,You MAY do that in nigeria and then notify CIC of a change in DLI from nigeria.

One IMPORTANT thing to NOTE is that your study permit will be issued at the border of canada, so notifying CIC through your account from nigeria DOESN'T in any way mean you have officially changed school/program.

You will have to show proof of the enrollment and POSSIBLY fees payment to your new school for CBSA officers at the point of entry to ascertain that you have met the condition(s) for a study permit and hence one should be issued for your new school/program.

So the change will OFFICIALLY be done on entry into canada when the conditions have been met and your study permit for new school/program issued. There is really nothing done from nigeria other than notifying CIC or enrolling online in new school/program. The border is the main place of the change since you'll be arriving with a new offer letter. If you don't satisfy them there, a study permit for your new program/school may not be issued.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 3:42am On Mar 20, 2017
michaelbelgium:
finally got an offer. M.Eng in chemical engineering...UOttawa fall 2017

Ope oh... i happy for you oh... funded?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by michaelbelgium(m): 7:08am On Mar 20, 2017
Osemigho:

Congrats. Kindly join the Visa plane. cool
thank you sir...i'll be needing your help soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by michaelbelgium(m): 7:09am On Mar 20, 2017
maziude:

Ope oh... i happy for you oh... funded?
thank you boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by timisnup(m): 9:01am On Mar 20, 2017
penitential:
UNB still gives funding.
i will check now, thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ManTiger(m): 10:42am On Mar 20, 2017
Tnuola... Miss this pretty lady's contribution.

Anyone with her contact?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by LolaCole1(f): 11:32am On Mar 20, 2017
maziude:
Hello guys...
Anyone here applied to university of Ottawa for fall 2017?
Hi goodday , i will like to have a chat with you concerning university of ottawa. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rmiller(f): 11:46am On Mar 20, 2017
vanod:

Ok, why January 2018 not September 2017? How much down tuition fee did you pay?
How long did it take before you were given an admission? I applied since February 21 nothing has heard from the school pls advice
Thanks

January 2018 and Sept 2017 is the same session so.i.just want to take my time to put my account in other...
I applied thru an agent ...they got me the admission with 2 months
My tuition is 12500cad
U paid half..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2017
people please oooooo. I greet you all. Can someone help me to apply for GCMS over there? Please anyone that know anyone who can help should please help me for a brother.

thanks. @MichV, Yemmdogg, folaroyal, Austinepee4 and others bikooooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
Blackanada:

@bold, I'm referring to UAlberta and UWaterloo. In my field they're both ranked 4 and 3 respectively, so I doubt in that sense any one would provide significant edge over the other for trv approval. Moreover I applied for same course at both schools.

Thanks for your advice though.

With regards to switching after trv approval, must I be in Canada before I can officially changed programs?

Congrats on your admission. Please what course was that you applied for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Chibabe4Christ: 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2017
PLEASE HOUSE I NEED YOUR URGENT HELP. BELOW IS A LETTER I GOT FROM CIC!! AS IT STANDS NOW I CANT THINK STRAIGHT AS IN WHAT TO DO AND THEY GIVE ME SOME DAYS TO REPLY. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE COME TO MY RESCUE. THE QUESTIONS AS IN IF I HAVE TRAVELLED BEFORE WAS NOT UNDERSTOOD INITIALLY SO I SAID NO, HONESTLY IT WAS AN OVERSIGHT. PLAESE NOBLE HOUSE I NEED YOUR HELP URGENTLY!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
I have reviewed your application and documents you submitted in its support. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.
I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

On the current application form, you indicate that you have never been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country. According to information in our records, you were refused a visa to the United States in 2016.
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):
40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act

40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1): (a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.
I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you fifteen (15) days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. Please use the address noted on this letter for all correspondence, and clearly indicate your file number. If you do not respond to this request within the time outlined above, your application will be assessed based on the information available, which will likely result in a refusal. Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:

PLEASE HOUSE I NEED YOUR URGENT HELP. BELOW IS A LETTER I GOT FROM CIC!! AS IT STANDS NOW I CANT THINK STRAIGHT AS IN WHAT TO DO AND THEY GIVE ME SOME DAYS TO REPLY. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE COME TO MY RESCUE. THE QUESTIONS AS IN IF I HAVE TRAVELLED BEFORE WAS NOT UNDERSTOOD INITIALLY SO I SAID NO, HONESTLY IT WAS AN OVERSIGHT. PLAESE NOBLE HOUSE I NEED YOUR HELP URGENTLY!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
I have reviewed your application and documents you submitted in its support. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.
I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

On the current application form, you indicate that you have never been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country. According to information in our records, you were refused a visa to the United States in 2016.
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):
40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act

40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1): (a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.
I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you fifteen (15) days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. Please use the address noted on this letter for all correspondence, and clearly indicate your file number. If you do not respond to this request within the time outlined above, your application will be assessed based on the information available, which will likely result in a refusal. Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Why Why. chibabe4christ how did you enter this mess? its seems you didnt include in your application that you were denied visa to either US or same canada or other countries. Is that correct?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:

you didn't indicate yes to d box of u being refuse a US visa, I really don't tink dere is really much for u to do other den writing to dem giving a gud reason abt u 4gotten to ans yes on d above question and attach d US refusal letter to it indicate d type of visa u applied for in ur letter of explanation to dem, jst hope and pray for d best success, it will b well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kc4all: 5:19pm On Mar 20, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:

I am also in the same issue with you from CIC, my is for SOWP, i was given 5 days to respond because mine was paper, i have replied them and waiting for the best, my dear is better to denial some one oh than be banned for 5 yrs, imagine me that my wife is there, person want come banned me for 5 yrs, that is Forbidden oh, want come kill me for conji smiley smiley. Well just write a good reason , for me i wrote a reason and supported it with document, all the best mate, we will succeed.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Flawless1988: 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2017
adewumz:
Hey house, I have been following this tread for a while and I have learnt a lot. I applied to university of manitoba and saskatchewan and did not get in due to the fact that the program I applied to is competitive. I graduated with 3.85/5 and thought I stood a good chance as it is a second class upper. Still awaiting decision from Alberta but somehow discouraged. Please gurus in the house(Austinpee, Yemdogg and others) do you think it is wise to consider a PGC because it seems that my cgpa is kind of low or are there other schools that can consider it that you know of. I would appreciate your response. Thank you.
please what course did you apply for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by XEGUUN(m): 7:25pm On Mar 20, 2017
Hello guys... Have been following this thread quite a few weeks and I admire how you guys respond to questions.

Please would anyone help me through the online payment for student visa application.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abdulkabirtobi(m): 7:32pm On Mar 20, 2017
Crownny86 : 12:40am On Dec 25 , 2016
You don't need to download any form.
The application is online thru their website and also payment.
I first applied for my transcript to be send to them and it was dispatch from Nigeria on 2nd of Dec.
I applied to NBCC on 5th of Dec and when the transcript reach their hand on the 9th, i got a mail from them that my document is complete and my application ready for evaluation.
Surprisingly, I got a mail with attached letter again on 20th Dec that have been placed on waiting list..
So, am just praying now for my admission status to change to offer.
Do what ever you have to do, pls do quick)
@Crownny86, pls what's the status of your admission at New Brunswick Community College now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Betty19: 8:00pm On Mar 20, 2017
Hello guys,

Any nigerian( Female/Male) in Toronto who wants to rent a place for 1st of April in north york should please pm asap. Please tell a friend to tell a friend. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by odutolasegunade(m): 8:34pm On Mar 20, 2017
Hello house, I was recently admitted in UNB, Fredericton , BSc computer science. Can anyone guide me through the next step, as I Want to start my student visa processing, school to resume in september.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ajaokabir: 8:47pm On Mar 20, 2017
It is well my brother

Kc4all:

I am also in the same issue with you from CIC, my is for SOWP, i was given 5 days to respond because mine was paper, i have replied them and waiting for the best, my dear is better to denial some one oh than be banned for 5 yrs, imagine me that my wife is there, person want come banned mixer for 5 yrs, that is Forbidden oh, want come kill me for conji smiley smiley. Well just write a good reason , for me i wrote a reason and supported it with document, all the best mate, we will succeed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by LMay(f): 8:53pm On Mar 20, 2017
vickertony:

Bro, thanks, what course are you studying or applied for in University of Saskatchewan..... that amount in the previous page i quoted you,is it full year school fees?

Yes.

Pharmacy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ajaokabir: 9:02pm On Mar 20, 2017
Well, I'm. Just in your shoes, I applied to three schools, Manitoba, McGill and MUN. Non offered admission same reasons of competition and sort. Civil Engineering precisely, cgpa of 3.55.

Well, I'm considering open work permit for as alternative because my wife got admitted to Western University.
grin

adewumz:
Hey house, I have been following this tread for a while and I have learnt a lot. I applied to university of manitoba and saskatchewan and did not get in due to the fact that the program I applied to is competitive. I graduated with 3.85/5 and thought I stood a good chance as it is a second class upper. Still awaiting decision from Alberta but somehow discouraged. Please gurus in the house(Austinpee, Yemdogg and others) do you think it is wise to consider a PGC because it seems that my cgpa is kind of low or are there other schools that can consider it that you know of. I would appreciate your response. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abeolas: 9:24pm On Mar 20, 2017
please i need information on how to apply to the school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abeolas: 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2017
swizken89:

Yes
please i need information on applying to the school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Damienkings(m): 9:46pm On Mar 20, 2017
Good evening house, please what are the documents needed for study visa application.. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 10:11pm On Mar 20, 2017
Go and read previous threads from 1

Damienkings:
Good evening house, please what are the documents needed for study visa application.. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 10:18pm On Mar 20, 2017
ajaokabir:

Well, I'm considering open work permit for as alternative because my wife got admitted to Western University.
grin
Nice back up plan. cool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by swizken89: 10:21pm On Mar 20, 2017
OK PM me
abeolas:
please i need information on applying to the school

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.