Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose (35311 Views)

Igbo And Yoruba Unity In Process! / Why I Attended Kanu’s Trial – Fayose / Tinubu In Akure Airport For Akeredolu's Inauguration(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by engineerboat(m): 7:27am On Feb 25, 2017
Gov. Ayo Fayose of Ekiti said on Friday that he attended the inauguration of Gov. Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo for Yoruba unity.

Fayose, a prominent member of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said this in a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Idowu Adelusi, in Ado-Ekiti.

He said that he could not have done otherwise because the unity of Yoruba people was too important for anybody to play politics with.

“I see nothing wrong in attending the inauguration of an APC person in neigbouring Ondo State.

“Being a leader of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) should not stop me from attending the inauguration of an All Progressives Congress (APC) governor.”
According to him, such an occasion is a national one that well-meaning people should identify with.

“This is a Nigerian affair; when a governor is sworn in, we have to support him; we are talking of regional integration and unity here; Akeredolu is already one of us by virtue of his new position.

“We have to support him since electioneering has come and gone and a winner has emerged, and we have to work together in the spirit of the people of our region.

“We cannot play politics with the welfare of the people of our region; we have to support Akeredolu to make the difference.
“This is a matter of the Yoruba nation and after Nigeria, Yoruba nation comes first‎; we don’t need to play politics with the welfare of Yoruba people.”

He advised that his actions in recent times should not be mistaken for an attempt by him to dump his party, the PDP, insisting that nothing of such was in the offing.

“How can I join the APC? As you already know, I am the main issue of the APC.
“They don’t have my size. They are wearing `babaringa’ but they don’t have the size of my cloth,” he said.(NAN)

www.businessdayonline.com/attended-akeredolus-inauguration-yoruba-unity-fayose-2/

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by greatgod2012(f): 7:28am On Feb 25, 2017
That's commendable!

Not playing politics with everything!!!

Not allowing party differences to divide him from his people!!!

Not playing politics with the welfare of the people of his region!

Honestly, this man sabi grassroot politics!

147 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by Samunique(m): 7:29am On Feb 25, 2017
“We cannot play politics with the welfare of the
people of our region; we have to support
Akeredolu to make the difference.
“This is a matter of the Yoruba nation and after
Nigeria, Yoruba nation comes first; we don’t need
to play politics with the welfare of Yoruba
people.”

With this statements, Fayose u earn my respect !!!

Hope Tinubu & Co learn from this ?

119 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by Baawaa(m): 7:30am On Feb 25, 2017
,2018 is very close, Fayose is trying hard to cover his mess

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:31am On Feb 25, 2017
grin The SAVIOUR of the YORUBA RACE

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:32am On Feb 25, 2017
Baawaa:
Go for WISDOM UP-GRADE sad

133 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by ufuosman(m): 7:34am On Feb 25, 2017
Good man, they don't have your size. Over size that's wot you are. Don't play politics with everything. One Nigeria

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by Samunique(m): 7:36am On Feb 25, 2017
Baawaa:

Did u read the post at all ? undecided

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by Eastwalk(m): 7:38am On Feb 25, 2017
Okay

1 Like

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by igwe44(m): 7:43am On Feb 25, 2017
I swear yoroubas plays a better politics more than the igbo's, look at rochas of imo state and obiano of Anambra state insulting themselves all because of their political differences.

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by sarrki(m): 7:44am On Feb 25, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

What ojukwu failed to realize

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by Samunique(m): 7:45am On Feb 25, 2017
Yorubas are indeed unique !!!

35 Likes

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by rusher14: 7:48am On Feb 25, 2017
2018 is around the corner.

2 Likes

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by Super1Star: 7:50am On Feb 25, 2017
This is the 2nd best thing you ever said or did.

1st was the promulgation of a law to chelate the Fulani herdsmen.

Commendable.

9 Likes

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by ekhai(m): 8:02am On Feb 25, 2017
THE FIRST TIME I AGREE WITH FAYOSE. AFTER ELECTION, PARTY DIFFERENCES SHOULD BE SET ASIDE. KUDOS TO FAYOSE FOR THIS.

16 Likes

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by iluvdonjazzy: 8:32am On Feb 25, 2017
Baawaa:
dont mind that thief who has baby wash the mindset of Ekiti people with deception.

2 Likes

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by caesaraba(m): 8:33am On Feb 25, 2017
Faroese is on point on this one. You disagree, coman beat me.

3 Likes

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by potbelly(m): 9:00am On Feb 25, 2017
Fayose fayose cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by omowolewa: 9:05am On Feb 25, 2017
The more we are together, the happier we shall be.

But next time, always tell your Internet foot soldiers that term & conditions apply to the political struggles.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by SunFlow(m): 9:54am On Feb 25, 2017
all is fair in love and war

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by Ijaya123: 9:54am On Feb 25, 2017
Who cares? Your explanation is needless and worthless.

Tout in power. Hero of ipob miscreants.

1 Like

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by Donald7610: 9:54am On Feb 25, 2017
He Wants to join the winning team
GEJ see your spokesman

1 Like

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by Babsunclejoe(m): 9:54am On Feb 25, 2017
First thing I ever had from this man that make sense. hope he keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by 0955eb027(m): 9:55am On Feb 25, 2017
Hmmmm!
This man sha..
You ve got this one right though.
An act that should be emulated by others.

3 Likes

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by TerrorSquad147: 9:55am On Feb 25, 2017
Yea, that's what a good leader ought to do, keeping politics aside to ensure there's unity among him and his people. If only the eastern leaders can emulate this, I'm 100% sure that they would obtain the highest leadership position in this country once again. But my problem with politicians is that they talk from both sides of their mouths. Who knows, Fayose might be "up to something" undecided undecided
Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by teebaxy(m): 9:55am On Feb 25, 2017
If Hilary Clinton can Attend the inauguration of Donald Trump, why can't Fayose attend Akeredolu's Inauguration...... Africans with shallow and childish politics are like 5&6.....i no get that Zuma pics nio

9 Likes

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by Ijaya123: 9:55am On Feb 25, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

The leader of the Igbo race. Ojukwu is a small boy to Fayose. smiley

12 Likes

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 25, 2017
grin grin grin grin

30 pieces of silver.

1 Like

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by Michaelpresh(m): 9:57am On Feb 25, 2017
fayose again undecided
Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by iwadobo: 9:57am On Feb 25, 2017
greatgod2012:
That's commendable!

Not playing politics with everything!!!

Not allowing party differences to divide him from his people!!!

Not playing politics with the welfare of the people of his region!

Honestly, this man sabi grassroot politics!

Fayose na Baba in politics. He is over and above Awolowo

6 Likes

Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by famousbowale: 9:57am On Feb 25, 2017
grin
Re: I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose by SuperBlack: 9:57am On Feb 25, 2017
The Only guy that makes me to like Yoruba people. Unlike Dino

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Evacuate Boko Haram Members, Others From Kuje Prison / Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic / Ekiti Government's Fuel Sold At Alade Filling Station As Fayose Supervises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.