Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,408 members, 7,800,849 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing (6679 Views)

Pls Which Of These Cars Is Most Suitable For Cab - Audi 80, Mazda 626, Passat / Belgian Man Discovers Stash Of Cars Hidden In Abandoned Quarry Since WWII / Regrets For Auto Dealers As Dollar Crashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by kabrud: 6:22pm On Feb 25, 2017
Nukualofa:
Taa, abokkis that have hherd mentality angry

Ndi Awusa bu ndi iberibe

Tufiakwa

I have told u, I don't understand monkey language.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by zinaunreal(m): 7:10pm On Feb 25, 2017
theNOISEmaker:
yes bro I have prayed.. and I'm the realest aboki ever!! guess what?? we the abokees will continue to rule and control the flat headed Israelites till two thousand and forever.. bad news
this totally shows that youre all blood thirsty ignorant islamist. A backward thinker. Lol. Im suprised an aboki is using a smart phone. A hater of the west yet you derive comfort from their innovations. Take your ill fulani president and go back to the sword age. We the south belong to technology and we will always be a million steps ahead of you abokis. Guess why? Because we choose to embrace liberty.

Just look at the North? Out of order. The entire islamic world is out of order and youre coming here to bluff. Why dont you reply me in Arabic? Why use english to express yourself? Go and bomb yourself

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by adefat(m): 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2017
Please stop your ill words and accusations against Mr president, Do U realise that Osinbajo is chairman Economic team,so is doing his job as assigned to him by our amiable and incorruptible president ,l wish him speedy recovery and save journey back to our country.
Long life our dear president.
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by iblawi(m): 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2017
ogawisdom:
Dollar has depreciated against the naira from 525 to 400 in three day and expected to hit near 200 in two weeks time.

dont rush to buy any car now better wait so u can get a better deal grin grin grin grin grin grin

greedy car dealers wont like this, all those ones that sold 2001 highlander for 4m na God go punish them angry angry angry angry angry

we only have osibanjo to thank and jst pray that the olodo Buhari dont come home soon infact let him d*e in london bc he is evil angry angry angry if the evil called Buhari comes back then dollar is heading back to 800 b4 December cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

cc seun, lalasticlala pls send to front page before greedy car dealers finish my people in this recession, car dealers will be burnt beyond recognition i swear tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

This won't work. CBN would rather save the money for about 6 months before crashing the naira to N250.

This thin no be gragra. CBN want foreign reserve to hit $40 billion before bringing the dollar down to around N250.

If you observe well you will discover that CBN stylishly put Naira at N375 to save more.
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by San2ski(m): 9:08pm On Feb 25, 2017
ogawisdom:
Dollar has depreciated against the naira from 525 to 400 in three day and expected to hit near 200 in two weeks time.

dont rush to buy any car now better wait so u can get a better deal grin grin grin grin grin grin

greedy car dealers wont like this, all those ones that sold 2001 highlander for 4m na God go punish them angry angry angry angry angry

we only have osibanjo to thank and jst pray that the olodo Buhari dont come home soon infact let him d*e in london bc he is evil angry angry angry if the evil called Buhari comes back then dollar is heading back to 800 b4 December cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

cc seun, lalasticlala pls send to front page before greedy car dealers finish my people in this recession, car dealers will be burnt beyond recognition i swear tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Brother I feel your emotion. And for the bolded and other points, I can't agree more

Some people are happy that things are going bad because they are making small change. Na Sango go visit them on a rainy day and burn their lower lips small cry

4 Likes

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by auntysimbiat(f): 9:09pm On Feb 25, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by mak2une(m): 9:12pm On Feb 25, 2017
grin
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by andycom(m): 10:00pm On Feb 25, 2017
San2ski:

Brother I feel your emotion. And for the bolded and other points, I can't agree more

Some people are happy that things are going bad because they are making small change. Na Sango go visit them on a rainy day and burn their lower lips small cry

the one wey mad me na Lexus es300 1999 model naija used being advertised for 1.2million. chain I cursed the guy tire

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by idu1(m): 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2017
grin
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by searchng4love: 10:30pm On Feb 25, 2017
mak2une:
Poster, you are right, CBN initially wanted to sell dollar to banks at 320 but they realized it will crash fast and decided to up it to 375 so they can make a good profit margin before it goes below 300, it will eventually settle between 250 and 270. But I must say that its a "bubble" and will burst after 6 to 8 months as we don't have direct dollar trading. The money CBN released is borrowed. There will be a lot of panic buying.
I am glad to say that car dealers will cry blood as they will run into losses, even tho majority of the over priced cars they have were pre dollar hike cars.
This is good news people
Dealers are looking at replacement costs... Not really profits. With a drastic fall in dollars there will be a crash in the prices of vehicles.... As the replacement costs will also drop

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by Alwaysking: 4:40am On Feb 26, 2017
ogawisdom:

your post can't make front page bcuz it's filled with hate tongue

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by FastShipping: 5:51am On Feb 26, 2017
You all don't know anything about buying cars, trucking and shipping from the US and then clearing in Lagos. I once addressed this misconception about car dealers few times in auto section. Buying cars, trucking to port and shipping to Lagos is not cheap. Clearing in Lagos is not cheap. Replacing parts stolen from the port is not cheap. I once opened eyes of so many on the thread I provided the link below.

Some of you should learn a very hard lesson here: https://www.nairaland.com/3492196/why-car-dealers-hiking-prices#51492588

After opening the thread and learn, then come back here and apologize for talking nonsense about car dealers.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by ogawisdom(m): 8:00am On Feb 26, 2017
andycom:

the one wey mad me na Lexus es300 1999 model naija used being advertised for 1.2million. chain I cursed the guy tire

Lol 1986 Audi 80 dt is naija over used 5th or 6th hand yet seller get mind advertise am for 600k on nairaland shocked shocked shocked d guy dey argue join say dollar high imagine

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by ogawisdom(m): 8:03am On Feb 26, 2017
FastShipping:
You all don't know anything about buying cars, trucking and shipping from the US and then clearing in Lagos. I once addressed this misconception about car dealers few times in auto section. Buying cars, trucking to port and shipping to Lagos is not cheap. Clearing in Lagos is not cheap. Replacing parts stolen from the port is not cheap. I once opened eyes of so many on the thread I provided the link below.

Some of you should learn a very hard lesson here: https://www.nairaland.com/3492196/why-car-dealers-hiking-prices#51492588

After opening the thread and learn, then come back here and apologize for talking nonsense about car dealers.

Pls shut up already, there is what is called exploitative profit and fair profit got dt.

Hw abt naija over used car sold by some dealer where does dt fit in, like I said shut up than trying to defend d indefensible

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by Ladex2012: 8:17am On Feb 26, 2017
What you guys dont know is that, dollar crashes or not, car dealers will still make profit but before cars can come down it will take a span of at least 2 months. The reason for that is dealers have bought cars with high dollar rates already and they have to sell what they bought before they will return to the new rate if its sustained. For instance my containers has just been shipped, bought at 510 wont land until 31 days. Its well with nigeria and pls dont get me wrong we have bad car dealers that exploited the situation too.
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by acenazt: 9:02am On Feb 26, 2017
psucc:
May God never allow him to see another sunrise except in hell.
human
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by acenazt: 9:05am On Feb 26, 2017
zinaunreal:
shut up Aboki. Time to pray never reach? Gerrout....
i See Common Sense Eludes You.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by acenazt: 9:10am On Feb 26, 2017
Nukualofa:
Imagine an Haboki having an opinion grin

Tipper gbarie gi ukwu ebe ahu

Kedu maka nne gi otele na afu oku grin
funny Ipod. You Who Has And Will Forever Dance To Our Tune.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 26, 2017
Ladex2012:
What you guys dont know is that, dollar crashes or not, car dealers will still make profit but before cars can come down it will take a span of at least 2 months. The reason for that is dealers have bought cars with high dollar rates already and they have to sell what they bought before they will return to the new rate if its sustained. For instance my containers has just been shipped, bought at 510 wont land until 31 days. Its well with nigeria and pls dont get me wrong we have bad car dealers that exploited the situation too.
Exactly! You spoke my mind.
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by damola1: 9:16am On Feb 26, 2017
Ladex2012:

what is exploitation when you adjust prices to fit the moment.

Maybe you are a trader, but some others are more than being a trader. when you buy something at N300 to $1. and now the $ = 500. If you sell at N300. I pity you, because you will not be able to buy that item again. You have not made more money when you sell at N500. Rather the value of the item as changed and as such your money will not be able to carry it. So, only solution is to adjust your money to fit that value, so you can keep trading.

ANd you know what. if the naira value goes to N200. You must sell competitively too by reducing price. Else, you'll not the competitive.

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by haykay2005: 9:35am On Feb 26, 2017
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by ogawisdom(m): 10:19am On Feb 26, 2017
Ladex2012:

Ur submission is flawed d change won't affect every car dealer as there will be some lucky dealers who just are abt finishing d sale of their old stock and will order cars @ very low dollar rates n those ones will see massive turnover BC while u r selling high they r selling low. So d 2 month gap won't exist.

I really pity those dt bought high like u BC hw u wan sell am when buyers kw they will get better deals elsewhere.

Anyway Buhari returning to d country will see u sell at massive profits BC he will take dollars back to God's kws where
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by FastShipping: 1:26pm On Feb 26, 2017
ogawisdom:

Pls shut up already, there is what is called exploitative profit and fair profit got dt.

Hw abt naija over used car sold by some dealer where does dt fit in, like I said shut up than trying to defend d indefensible

I don't need to shut up. Just go and work harder to buy car of your choice. Lazy boy.
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by aljharem(m): 1:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
So many thieves in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by zinaunreal(m): 1:33pm On Feb 26, 2017
acenazt:
i See Common Sense Eludes You.
quote your foolishness next time
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by acenazt: 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2017
zinaunreal:
quote your foolishness next time
ugh Please Get A Functional Brain In That Rusty Cranium Of Urs

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by zinaunreal(m): 1:43pm On Feb 26, 2017
acenazt:
ugh Please Get A Functional Brain In That Rusty Cranium Of Urs
continue quoting your stupidity
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by ogawisdom(m): 6:19pm On Feb 26, 2017
aljharem:
So many thieves in Nigeria

I dey tell u

1 Like

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2017
ogawisdom:

Ur submission is flawed d change won't affect every car dealer as there will be some lucky dealers who just are abt finishing d sale of their old stock and will order cars @ very low dollar rates n those ones will see massive turnover BC while u r selling high they r selling low. So d 2 month gap won't exist.

I really pity those dt bought high like u BC hw u wan sell am when buyers kw they will get better deals elsewhere.

Anyway Buhari returning to d country will see u sell at massive profits BC he will take dollars back to God's kws where

Dont mind him. When $ crashes, he would label his wares as "bought at 510Naira",

We would pity him and not buy cars half his prices.

Most of them are greedy and just trying to console themselves because the bubble is about to burst

A whiteman would never celebrate the destruction of his currency even if it means he would lose money

Ever seen an American celebrating USD crash or Britons celebrating depreciation in Pounds Sterling?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by LordAdam16: 9:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

Dont mind him. When $ crashes, he would label his wares as "bought at 510Naira",

We would pity him and not buy cars half his prices.

Most of them are greedy and just trying to console themselves because the bubble is about to burst

A whiteman would never celebrate the destruction of his currency even if it means he would lose money

Ever seen an American celebrating USD crash or Britons celebrating depreciation in Pounds Sterling?

When the Naira held steady at 150 between 2009 and 2014, how many Nigerians did you know who were praying for Naira to fall?

Business is Business.

With every major currency or economic change, there are winners and losers. The problem is that you and the other selfish fellas on this thread want to win every time, no matter whose ox is gored.

Was it auto dealers that crashed the Naira? Are they working at the CBN?

How many of you if given the chance to sell cars now will sell far below market price? Say if you want to sell a car today, regardless of when you bought it, would you sell it according to 2014/2015 price or 2017 price? Be honest with yourself. Today na Sunday.

Why ask of others what you can't do yourself? Abi are the dealers Aliens? Are they not Nigerians like you who have businesses to run and mouths to feed? Or don't you know they don't sell as much as they used to and so higher margins should make up for decreased volume.

I wonder where right-thinking people learn to be so heartless.

Read through the thread and see people praying for other people's business to fall. What kind of ish is that? And you expect your business to rise with such mindset?

Everybody, including dealers, are craving stability. Not everyday you wake up and see new rate. Customs doing their nonsense and salaries are not increasing.

If you think the values of cars are overinflated, import the car yourself.

Dollar is not going to 200, whether Buhari comes back or not. You can take that to the bank. There is no alternate universe where $1 can trade for N200. Not now, not in the future. There is no index to back that up.

The only prayer is that whatever fall is happening should take the naira to a stable rate that wouldn't give way in a couple of weeks or months. Sustainability is the solution. Not sharp rises and sharp falls.

-Lord
Re: The Price Of Cars Is Abt To Crash As Dollar Is Crashing by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 26, 2017
LordAdam16:

When the Naira held steady at 150 between 2009 and 2014, how many Nigerians did you know who were praying for Naira to fall?

Business is Business.

With every major currency or economic change, there are winners and losers. The problem is that you and the other selfish fellas on this thread want to win every time, no matter whose ox is gored.

Was it auto dealers that crashed the Naira? Are they working at the CBN?

How many of you if given the chance to sell cars now will sell far below market price? Say if you want to sell a car today, regardless of when you bought it, would you sell it according to 2014/2015 price or 2017 price? Be honest with yourself. Today na Sunday.

Why ask of others what you can't do yourself? Abi are the dealers Aliens? Are they not Nigerians like you who have businesses to run and mouths to feed? Or don't you know they don't sell as much as they used to and so higher margins should make up for decreased volume.

I wonder where right-thinking people learn to be so heartless.

Read through the thread and see people praying for other people's business to fall. What kind of ish is that? And you expect your business to rise with such mindset?

Everybody, including dealers, are craving stability. Not everyday you wake up and see new rate. Customs doing their nonsense and salaries are not increasing.

If you think the values of cars are overinflated, import the car yourself.

Dollar is not going to 200, whether Buhari comes back or not. You can take that to the bank. There is no alternate universe where $1 can trade for N200. Not now, not in the future. There is no index to back that up.

The only prayer is that whatever fall is happening should take the naira to a stable rate that wouldn't give way in a couple of weeks or months. Sustainability is the solution. Not sharp rises and sharp falls.

-Lord

You probably feel smart with the long epistle you wrote....

Unfortunately, inability to make sense in a few words is often an indicator of low intelligence.

What's selfish & heartless in wanting a strong currency for one's own country in the fantasy world you live in?.

You are so stupid, i can't bear to take you on point-for-point. I have more productive things to do.

Signing your posts with "Lord" is kindergarten-mode by the way. Won't bothering replying you again.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2005 Model Toyota Camry Le Toks / Car Painting (oven Baking) / Genuine Autoparts - For your next change.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.