Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,770 members, 7,802,357 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Latest Scammers In Town!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Latest Scammers In Town!!! (2924 Views)

Job Scammers On The Rise / I Received This Invite I Did Not Apply For. Are They Gnld Or Scammers. Help / Job Scammers Now Using Ex-corpers Info From Nysc Yearbook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest Scammers In Town!!! by LarryBeryl(m): 11:30am On Feb 25, 2017
I saw a job advert at Jiji and I applied by submitting my CV. Not longer than 5hours different messages popped in that I have been assessed and called for an interview.
One at Yaba
One at Ikeja
One at Mushin
Two at Maryland
And one at Abuja

I decided to choose the one at yaba. When I got to the place. I was showed the way in and registered the timebook which 15 other job seekers had already signed. At first, I taught it was a real interview because we were given a kinda test I find a little bit challenging but easy due to my familiarity to those questions. After the test, a woman who named herself Mrs Quadri spoke to use on attitude and another young woman came and started talking talking and talking. By this time, we reduced to 8 suprisenly many had left already. But due to the transport cost that took me form Sango to Yaba, I had to wait and see the end of the matter. To cut the long story short. Interview was changed to Seminar and they asked us to pay 14k for registration. They gave us the option of paying by instalment at least 5hundred before leaving. I went home angry and heavily disappointed.
To other job seekers if you receive these text messages, run for your head!!!

Cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by Bellfun(m): 11:40am On Feb 25, 2017
Thanks for sharing...i hate those scammers!

4 Likes

Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by LarryBeryl(m): 11:47am On Feb 25, 2017
Bellfun:
Thanks for sharing...i hate those scammers!

Not more than I do

1 Like

Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by Idowu2828: 11:54am On Feb 25, 2017
Stop going for interview that has no company name, address and position u are called for. @least 3days interval from the day u received the message.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by MyGeneration(m): 11:56am On Feb 25, 2017
Its Gnld ppl again. Anytime they send u such message go then once there expose them
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by ReneeNuttall(f): 12:02pm On Feb 25, 2017
so sorry u fell for that cheap scam,that's the handiwork of GNLD people. I fell for it twice,the second time wasn't funny,I ensured I caused a scene at d hall and almost everybody got up and left immediately. they keep talking about making big money,wen most of them can barely fend for themselves. meanwhile if u need a job,I will advice u search on LinkedIn,atleast its a 50\50 assurance.

4 Likes

Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by LarryBeryl(m): 12:05pm On Feb 25, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
so sorry u fell for that cheap scam,that's the handiwork of GNLD people. I fell for it twice,the second time wasn't funny,I ensured I caused a scene at d hall and almost everybody got up and left immediately. they keep talking about making big money,wen most of them can barely fend for themselves. meanwhile if u need a job,I will advice u search on LinkedIn,atleast its a 50\50 assurance.
Thanks bro
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by ReneeNuttall(f): 12:07pm On Feb 25, 2017
LarryBeryl:
Thanks bro
am a she smiley ywc all desame

2 Likes

Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by LarryBeryl(m): 12:13pm On Feb 25, 2017
[quote author=ReneeNuttall post=54043962]
am a she smiley ywc all desame[/quote

Thanks SHE grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy D cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by ReneeNuttall(f): 12:44pm On Feb 25, 2017
[quote author=LarryBeryl post=54044112][/quote]

ywc ,he
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by abnsugbe: 12:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
LarryBeryl:
I saw a job advert at Jiji and I applied by submitting my CV. Not longer than 5hours different messages popped in that I have been assessed and called for an interview.
One at Yaba
One at Ikeja
One at Mushin
Two at Maryland
And one at Abuja

I decided to choose the one at yaba. When I got to the place. I was showed the way in and registered the timebook which 15 other job seekers had already signed. At first, I taught it was a real interview because we were given a kinda test I find a little bit challenging but easy due to my familiarity to those questions. After the test, a woman who named herself Mrs Quadri spoke to use on attitude and another young woman came and started talking talking and talking. By this time, we reduced to 8 suprisenly many had left already. But due to the transport cost that took me form Sango to Yaba, I had to wait and see the end of the matter. To cut the long story short. Interview was changed to Seminar and they asked us to pay 14k for registration. They gave us the option of paying by instalment at least 5hundred before leaving. I went home angry and heavily disappointed.
To other job seekers if you receive these text messages, run for your head!!!

Cc: Lalasticlala

same happened to me..Even the lady followed me to Atm to get cash for my Registration...Hahahahahahahah

1 Like

Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by Alwaysking: 1:15pm On Feb 25, 2017
Silly
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by FemiHKE(m): 1:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
I don't trust job applications on jiji, they are mostly scam
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by topsam1(m): 1:34pm On Feb 25, 2017
Really sorry for the time wasted....I guess you are newbie...its easy to identify them infact, if you are used to nairaland...that *interview message* is very common...e never finish ooo, they got your contact address at hand, they will still send another interview message to but different address....take note

1 Like

Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by hysteriabox(m): 2:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
Lolz. I got mine last week. I prepped to go but my lovely wife said the magic words "scammers". I had to agree after checking online.

1 Like

Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by LarryBeryl(m): 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2017
hysteriabox:
Lolz. I got mine last week. I prepped to go but my lovely wife said the magic words "scammers". I had to agree after checking online.

I had no one to tell me
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by LarryBeryl(m): 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2017
topsam1:
Really sorry for the time wasted....I guess you are newbie...its easy to identify them infact, if you are used to nairaland...that *interview message* is very common...e never finish ooo, they got your contact address at hand, they will still send another interview message to but different address....take note

Thanks for the info
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by LarryBeryl(m): 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2017
abnsugbe:

same happened to me..Even the lady followed me to Atm to get cash for my Registration...Hahahahahahahah
Mogbe

1 Like

Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by osolee(m): 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
LarryBeryl:

Mogbe
are you new in town? JIJI is their HQ grin grin

1 Like

Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by apollo13(m): 6:48pm On Feb 25, 2017
That's their area, yaba, palmgrove, ebutte metta,constain and oyinbo. The day it happened to me I also left my area around Ijoko to costain but I left there immediately i smelled a rat, and with the way some people dressed, omo! U go fear.
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by hysteriabox(m): 6:58pm On Feb 25, 2017
LarryBeryl:

I had no one to tell me

Sowi. Hard luck. But you now have first hand experience
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by LarryBeryl(m): 7:20pm On Feb 25, 2017
hysteriabox:

Sowi. Hard luck. But you now have first hand experience

Lol, sure
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by LarryBeryl(m): 7:21pm On Feb 25, 2017
osolee:

are you new in town? JIJI is their HQ grin grin

I will shepe for their mother if I receive any new message.
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by dominique(f): 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2017
I wouldn't call them latest scammers, they have been around for years
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by tpapi: 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
ow does som1 search for jobs on linkedin
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2017
tpapi:

download the app and follow the instructions,
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by Intrepid01(m): 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2017
tpapi:

Download the job search version of LinkedIn...it is a fast way to get a call for job especially Experienced hirers. ...
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by Ivobobul: 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
On the Internet a bunch of crooks, people, be careful. And do not blame Jiji.
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by Fikifak(m): 6:50pm On Feb 28, 2017
Be careful. Jiji you never deceive
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by abtywo(m): 9:34pm On Feb 28, 2017
Can anything good come out of JIJI. Master of scammer.
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by BiggSmoke: 10:51am On Mar 01, 2017
It's fake, guys. Deceit. sad
Re: Latest Scammers In Town!!! by JajaAmbula: 11:03am On Mar 01, 2017
BiggSmoke:
It's fake, guys. Deceit. sad

I think so too

(1) (Reply)

50 OND NCE Holders Needed For Urgent Recruitment In Abuja. / Awolowo Way, Ikeja From Oshodi (direction) / Interested In A Cleaning Job With A Reputable Organization? [contract Job]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.