Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria (46124 Views)

Church Of Satan Blasts Buhari For Describing Benue Church Killings As 'Satanic' / ‘unrepentant Ethnic Champion’ — Fayose Blasts Buhari Over New NIA DG / 3 Appointments To Hausa-fulanis In One Day, FFK Blasts Buhari. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2017
ShaqFu:
Vindicated from what exactly?
and you are? i don't think we have met hereon for you to be privy to certain past discussions and i can't be bothered to take you through them...my apologies.
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by project8(m): 7:24pm On Feb 25, 2017
Adminisher:
This is FAKE as hell. Meant for half educated dummies from land Locked states in the SE.
No US person speaks this way, the syntax is not even American not to talk of a Professor.

More interesting, no US Prof would say " negligence" of a President brought recession. In the US and many countries, the economy is not ' soup on the fire ' that a President watches.

The People watching the economy are Federal Reserve Board Chairman, Chairman of Council of Economic Advisers and Treasury Secretary.

Nigerian young people need to read and broaden their minds. This is too disgraceful
A professor not verified by twitter.u know this account is fake
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by ShaqFu: 7:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
and you are? i don't think we have met hereon for you to be privy to certain past discussions and i can't be bothered to take you through them...my apologies.
Oh I'm very privy to past discussions involving how you lot used tribal/religious sentiment to cheer our PhD presido and delude him into believing he's the best thing that ever happened to Nigeria.
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by Chukabiz1961(m): 7:30pm On Feb 25, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:
Nigerians una still they wait for messiah Buhari where the world see us as unlearned for voting an illiterate, unhealthy and old man in 21st century...

They would just say Africa has dark brain

HONKONG are voting for representatives around age 30 and below while we aim for 69 and above.

Why won't we be a laughing stock
How old is Trump?
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by Splashme: 7:37pm On Feb 25, 2017
fernandoc:
To be frank Buhari is s disgrace. How could an entire nation be so blind to vote someone who has no grey matter.
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by saintgp(m): 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2017
whirlwind7:

What the hell is this?
Of course Obama spoke well of Bubu when 2015 election was around the corner. So did most Nigerians who voted for him. Now, do you expect these same people and other international bodies like IMF you mentioned, to continue their support of him when its so glaring that Bubu is as incompetent, if not worse, than his predecessor?
What are you even saying? The western world has no hand in making your leader appear stupid. Bubu is making a good job of that. There's no need for external influence to point out what Nigerians already know.

And you painring Mugabe in positive light says a lot about you. Mugabe??

Are you freaking serious?
You don't really have to get yourself worked up over nothing.for the record,obama and imf spoke well of buhari months after the election.infact during the recession i can recall him being kudos,alleging he's managing the recession well enough.

About mugabe,yes as long as the western world is concern am always proud to say he's give them a good run for their money.

U can think anything u wish to think alas it won't change anything so just calm down,like i said don't get urself worked up over nothing.
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by bayelsaowei(m): 7:47pm On Feb 25, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:
Nigerians una still they wait for messiah Buhari where the world see us as unlearned for voting an illiterate, unhealthy and old man in 21st century...

HONKONG are voting for representatives around age 30 and below while we aim for 69 and above.

nigeria is an insane country..
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by bayelsaowei(m): 7:49pm On Feb 25, 2017
saintgp:

You don't really have to get yourself worked up over nothing.for the record,obama and imf spoke well of buhari months after the election.infact during the recession i can recall him being kudos,alleging he's managing the recession well enough.

About mugabe,yes as long as the western world is concern am always proud to say he's give them a good run for their money.

U can think anything u wish to think alas it won't change anything so just calm down,like i said don't get urself worked up over nothing.
what useless good run for their money...whilst his people suffer from hunger and corruption...mugabe is an arrant old fool..
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 25, 2017
ShaqFu:
Oh I'm very privy to past discussions involving how you lot used tribal/religious sentiment to cheer our PhD presido and delude him into believing he's the best thing that ever happened to Nigeria.
...interesting to note you number among the bandwagon of uninformed persons who foisted the cow herder on Nigerians with the chant of change...change into recession?

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by dragonking2: 7:50pm On Feb 25, 2017
Tortivchina:
Prof Steve Hanke, please with due respect go and face your troubles and leave us with Foolish people like Dr or Mr Reno Omokri, that's my opinion. I think that idiot just want to make name
A fool without end call Reno, in your PDP government what did you do, fool? everyday Buhari, Buhari. Who are you? and poor Nigerian will go about respecting fools like you.
What is wrong with you? What does Reno have to do with this topic?

Also, being blind is when you don't know that PDP = Apc cheesy

See list of politicians that were in PDP and now in apc

1. Senate President Bukola Saraki

PDP governor for 8 years and senator for over 3 years. He joined the APC in 2014.

2. Speaker of the House of Representatives; Honourable Yakubu Dogara

Two-term PDP House of Representatives member. He joined the APC in 2014.

3. Former Vice President; Alhaji Atiku Abubakar

PDP VP for 8 years and presently an APC elder statesman after jumping from one party to the other since 2007.

4. Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba

PDP senator for 12 years. He defected to the APC last year. He is the serving chairman of the Niger Delta Development Commission board.

5. Senator Heineken Lokpobiri

Two-term PDP senator from Bayelsa state. He defected to APC after the 2015 elections. He is currently the minister of state for agriculture.

6. Senator Barnabas Gemade

Former national chairman of the PDP and senator from 2011 till date. He joined APC in December 2014.

7. Chief Audu Ogbeh

Former PDP chairman. Currently the minister of agriculture

8. Senator Ita Enang

Two-term PDP senator from Akwa-Ibom. He joined APC before the 2015 elections. He is presently the senior special assistant to the president on the National Assembly (Senate).

9. Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue state

Former Benue state secretary of the PDP. Former national auditor of the PDP and former minister under President Goodluck Jonathan. He joined the APC in December 2014.

10. Governor Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi state

A former two-term PDP senator from Kebbi.

11. Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto state

Former PDP Speaker of the House of Representatives. He joined the APC in 2014.

12. Senator Abdullahi Adamu

Two-term PDP governor of Nasarawa and senator in 2011. He joined the APC in 2014.

13. Senator Danjuma Goje

Two-term PDP governor of Gombe state and senator in 2011. He joined the APC in 2014.

14. Honourable Dakuku Peterside

He was a PDP House of Reps member from Rivers state. He joined the in 2014. He is currently the Director-General of NIMASA.

15. Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso

Two-term PDP governor of Kano state and former minister of defence under President Olusegun Obasanjo. He joined the APC in late 2013.

16. Mr Rotimi Amaechi

Former PDP Speaker of the Rivers state House of Assembly. Two-term PDP governor of Rivers. He joined APC in late 2013. He is currently the minister of transport.

17. Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state

He was a special adviser to PDP's President Olusegun Obasanjo. He joined APC in February 2013.

18. Senator George Akume

Two-term PDP governor of Benue state and senator in 2007. Left the party in December 2010 for the APC.

19. Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state

Former FCT minister under President Obasanjo. Left the PDP in 2010.

20. Governor Bello Masari of Katsina state

PDP Speaker of the House of Reps from 2003 to 2007.

21. Senator Adamu Aliero

Two-term PDP governor of Kebbi state and senator in 2007. Later became FCT minister under Late President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua.

22. Senator Udoma Udo Udoma

Two-term PDP senator from Akwa-Ibom state. He is now the minister of budget and national planning.

23. Senator Chris Ngige

Anambra state governor under the PDP between 2003 to 2006. He is currently the minister of labour and employment.

24. Senator Andy Uba

Recently defected from the PDP to the APC after serving as a special assistant to former President Obasanjo and PDP senator for 5 years.

25. Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau state

Former Seaker of the Plateau state House of Assembly under the PDP.

26. Senator Joshua Dariye

Former governor of Plateau state for 8 years under the PDP.

27. Engineer Segun Oni

PDP governor for 3 years in Ekiti state. He is currently the APC national vice chairman for South west

28. Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo state

PDP senator between 2004 to 2007 representing Oyo central senatorial district.

29. Governor Ibikunle Amosun from Ogun state

1 Like

Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by dragonking2: 7:52pm On Feb 25, 2017
Magnitki:

Buhari was a successful military administrator and we voted him for his integrity
Integrity my foot. angry Take note that was in the year 2000 .

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by ShaqFu: 7:54pm On Feb 25, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
...interesting to note you number among the bandwagon of uninformed persons who foisted the cow herder on Nigerians with the chant of change...change into recession?
Still worthy to note you're among the group of overzealous nigerians who celebrated a failure like never seen before in the world.
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by nell4: 7:55pm On Feb 25, 2017
famosh:

But osinbajo has shown, with little resources & within little time, that Jonathan wasted 6 years doing nothing.
by making $1 =400 .please take us back before May 2015 and we will be grateful. GeJ regime is better than this poo anytime anyday
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by saintgp(m): 7:58pm On Feb 25, 2017
bayelsaowei:
what useless good run for their money...whilst his people suffer from hunger and corruption...mugabe is an arrant old fool..
pls note this fact:
Mugabe's refusal to play to the tune of the western world is not the reason behind his people suffering.for the record its pertinent to state that apart from her dwindling economy nay fall in her currency,zimbabwe as a country is doing fine.development wise its far better than all the countries in west-africa,nigeria inclusive.so if u opine that her people are suffering,pls what will u say about west-africa nay nigeria?
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2017
famosh:

But osinbajo has shown, with little resources & within little time, that Jonathan wasted 6 years doing nothing.
Jonathan is better than the gorilla spent 8 years...

1 Like

Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by dragonking2: 8:03pm On Feb 25, 2017
ShaqFu:
Still worthy to note you're among the group of overzealous nigerians who celebrated a failure like never seen before in the world.
Buhari is a monumental failure. Take it or leave it.

Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by bayelsaowei(m): 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2017
saintgp:

pls note this fact:
Mugabe's refusal to play to the tune of the western world is not the reason behind his people suffering.for the record its pertinent to state that apart from her dwindling economy nay fall in her currency,zimbabwe as a country is doing fine.development wise its far better than all the countries in west-africa,nigeria inclusive.so if u opine that her people are suffering,pls what will u say about west-africa nay nigeria?
mugabe is like any and every other foolish African leader...power hungry and wicked..

I just hate African leaders...all useless...
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by Kingsasian(m): 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2017
Brizle:
Are u tryin to compare Buhari to Trump?
of course not. Everyone knows Trump is light years better of. What I posted was in respect to what the Op stated.
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:15pm On Feb 25, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
amen.. happy new year to you Tonye...been a while! at the heat of the global economic crisis when 1st world countries were deep in recession, NOI successfully stirred and kept afloat the Nigerian economy under the watch of GEJ; in the assumption of leadership the current administration has only succeeded to plunge the country into recession at a time in relation with reference to the economic policies outlined and adopted by the previous administration,the economy would have been stable and recording growth in the real sector.
Happy New Year to you Dear! But where have you been hiding?
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by saintgp(m): 8:16pm On Feb 25, 2017
bayelsaowei:
mugabe is like any and every other foolish African leader...power hungry and wicked..

I just hate African leaders...all useless...
lol,boss pls reparaphrase ur statement.

Or are u trying to insinuate that u are foolish,wicked and power hungry?because if u ask me,i will say u are a leader,for a leader could simply be defined as someone who takes the lead and ofcourse i need no soothsayer to tell me that u have never taken lead in something before.if u've then u are a leader,an African leader at that,or r u not an African?
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by bayelsaowei(m): 8:23pm On Feb 25, 2017
saintgp:

lol,boss pls reparaphrase ur statement.

Or are u trying to insinuate that u are foolish,wicked and power hungry?because if u ask me,i will say u are a leader,for a leader could simply be defined as someone who takes the lead and ofcourse i need no soothsayer to tell me that u have never taken lead in something before.if u've then u are a leader,an African leader at that,or r u not an African?
African presidents... tongue cheesy
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by ShaqFu: 8:27pm On Feb 25, 2017
dragonking2:
He's no less a failure than Jonathan. smiley
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 25, 2017
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by fydence: 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2017
TippyTop:

President Trump was a successful businessman before becoming president, what has Buhari been successful at apart from coups and cow herding?

People voted for Trump because of his personal achievements.
He wasn't even successful at Cow Herding... His Cows remained at 150 constantly ... No progress.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by Edusouls(m): 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2017
the oyibo man should shut up, this is not america..what does he know about nigeria? its system? and the kabals that is deep rooted in this country..greedy people maybe they dont draw much oil freely and fraudlently like before, thats why he is criticising, idiot....
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Happy New Year to you Dear! But where have you been hiding?
was off nairaland awhile...its evident its the same ol' bs. Imagine @Shaqfu referring to the past administration as failure in the same breath lauding this administration that has plunged the country into recession as succeeding! arggh!!
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 25, 2017
fydence:
He wasn't even successful at Cow Herding... His Cows remained at 150 constantly ... No progress.
omg! hahaha,this right here is cray...lmao
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by ShaqFu: 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
was off nairaland awhile...its evident its the same ol' bs. Imagine @Shaqfu referring to the past administration as failure in the same breath lauding this administration that has plunged the country into recession as succeeding! arggh!!
Can you show evidence where I lauded this administration as regard the current recession?.
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by shigoawesu(m): 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:

So a 30yrs old can not fall sick or even die

Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2017
dragonking2:
thank you for going to the archives. unfortunately @Shaqfu may be one of those Nigerians old enough to remember or too young to know the antecedents of Buhari and one who never bothered to study
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by toye440: 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:

How many 30 and below get sense for Nigeria I .mean I to say mature enough to wield power, u wan vote president wey dey sag abi d one wey dey see olamide as role model. Abeg 40 to 59 should b d qouta. Mind u 30 and below in this country still dey play Mario in fact some still dey battle Conji issue no self control very greedy and may eventually sell u all for galaxy phone or Nokia 3310.
Re: Prof. Steve Hanke Blasts Buhari Over His Absence From Nigeria by chukist: 9:17pm On Feb 25, 2017
Adminisher:
This is FAKE as hell. Meant for half educated dummies from land Locked states in the SE.
No US person speaks this way, the syntax is not even American not to talk of a Professor.

More interesting, no US Prof would say " negligence" of a President brought recession. In the US and many countries, the economy is not ' soup on the fire ' that a President watches. U are as dumb as Buhari

The People watching the economy are Federal Reserve Board Chairman, Chairman of Council of Economic Advisers and Treasury Secretary.

Nigerian young people need to read and broaden their minds. This is too disgraceful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President / "The Last Thing Nnamdi Kanu Told Me" – Ejiofor, IPOB Lawyer / Photos Of House Of Jelili Adesiyan In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.