Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Men Don't Fall in Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Don't Fall in Love (11172 Views)

Guy Gets Epic Reply After Asking Why Women Vex When Men Don't Eat Their Food / 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. / Men Don't Like Tall Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Don't Fall in Love by otibouncing(m): 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2005
I have told friends that men do not fall in love especially in this age. Love does not hurt no matter what! If men fall in love, there would not the level of immorality (adultery) amongst married men. Quote me any where!!!
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by solo2(m): 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2005
Men do fall in love, I quote you wrong in all you have just said. Love does hurt depend on the direction you take it to.
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by dafman(m): 4:20pm On Jun 02, 2005
Of, course men do fall in love. The problem is, most equate beauty with love so when they enter such relationships and they've gotten what they wanted you tend to look outside. But a man that really loves for love would hardly do anything to hurt his partner.
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by otibouncing(m): 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2005
It appears u are coming from my perspective.Most men equate LOVE with BEAUTY. The question is however hinges upon the fact LOVE cannot be parallel to BEAUTY. Men fall in "beauty" not in love. When the beauty tarnishes , they start looking for a new beauty (which will certainly fade over time)
Love is a mystery. If u fall in this mystery(LOVE), u would not have any understanding of evil deeds ; adultery,etc. Love is God and does not hurt!!!
Men are most infatuted. Ahhhhha
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by Seun(m): 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2005
What does it mean to 'love for love' and how is it different from loving for money, looks, good behaviour, and so on?

You ladies are of the opinion that men fall into beauty. As far as I know, most men don't fall into beauty; they just want to "get laid with the hot girl" and that is all there is to it.
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by dafman(m): 4:43pm On Jun 02, 2005
seun:

What does it mean to 'love for love' and how is it different from loving for money, looks, good behaviour, and so on?

You ladies are of the opinion that men fall into beauty. As far as I know, most men don't fall into beauty; they just want to "get laid with the hot girl" and that is all there is to it.

There is a clear difference between 'loving for love' and for 'other reasons' the good book says by their action you shall know them, if I start naming all there would be no space for anyother comment. in one thread a member said a guy is forcing his girl to cook like jacky. Surely, that's not true love. I'm sure he has gotten what he wants and he's now showing his true colour.
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by kazey(m): 1:12am On Jun 03, 2005
Men don't fall in love? rolleyes Maybe my lady was hurt recently. my sympathies.
I think when it comes to love i really would put the big ? on the table because many ladies think love is being Romeo. And if the guy is not like Romeo, that means he is not in love or does not show love, whatever that means. Now love again some people would argue that it doesn't at all exist, we just created it to feel good about ourselves as humans that we are caring! The same people would support it with saying what people define based on their understandings or some dictionaries define as love as of the following and i quote from www.answers.com

# A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.

# A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.

and much more...................

And i believe, thats the meaning when we define it in English language. Now when someone says "Men don't love". i would really appreciate if that persons defines what he or she really meant by that Love she mentioned so that we can tackle the accusations objectively, rather than assuming based on what we understand as love. Otherwise we wouldnt understand each other. So my lady "otibouncing" . i would really appreciate if you define what to love someone means to you. Otherwise i don't really know where to start and where to end.
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by CimonJorr(m): 10:03am On Jun 03, 2005
O.T...

From which planet are u? angry.. where 'LOVE' is the sole premise of women folk..

We men are human too.. We live, breathe, shyte, and feel pain as well..  cry

Men are most capable of showing love.. 

Maybe it's all tied to ur definition of love.. or ur prefered manifestation of it...

So tell me.. how would you like to be shown 'love'...  undecided
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by Chigszy(f): 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2005
Very few sinciere men do fall in love. Men think that they can get what they want without falling in love and sad to say that is the truth. Women are more emotionally attached when they are in a relationship or when they do have a one night stand, though some of them try to deny it to make them feel better and not slutty.

But eventually even the most notorious player amongst the male population will fall in love but then it might be too late and the love is not recipocrated!!

so men do fall in love but very few mean it or live up to the word (so you ask your do you then consider it falling in love if they do not live up to the expectations?).

Men love but women fall in love . There is a huge difference
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by kazey(m): 3:03pm On Jun 03, 2005
But Chigzy what is definition of love to you? i mean it would really be nice if define what it means to you before saying a few men...................(And the percentage please since you seem to have experiences i suppose)

Chigszy:

But eventually even the most notorious player amongst the male population will fall in love but then it might be too late and the love is not recipocrated!!
Men love but women fall in love . There is a huge difference

Reminds me of the movie titled Alfie Starring Jude Law........ . Well frankly i would really appreciate if you are really a bit generous about your opinions about men smiley
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2005
Men do fall in love but not as often as women,my dear if u experince a man in love,he's like a baby,u can turn him anywhere u want to,their love is blind.
Another thing is that guys dont really show their love,but if they do gal ur head will get big.
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by kazey(m): 5:21am On Jun 04, 2005
Finally !! A lady came to the rescue...................very true. We are like babies, when we are in love grin. We can be very charming, sweet,caring and whatelse? rolleyes cant think of anything more smiley
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by legry(m): 3:23pm On Jun 04, 2005
WHAT RUBBISH!! Who dares says men dont fall in love how calous, how very very calous to the male race. we fall in love and we fall in love a whole lot deeper than the woman look a mans love is very very sincee you kow why because he hardly falls in love so dont you and i repeat dont you say men dont fall in love(Phew is you see de way i de sweat here as i de write this mail)
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by dominobaby(f): 4:31pm On Jun 04, 2005
legry:

(Phew is you see de way I de sweat here as I de write this mail)
grin
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by Chigszy(f): 4:40pm On Jun 04, 2005
well @kasey if i am not mistaken we are all entitled to our OWN opinion well that was mine take it or leave it!! i do not have to back anything up to make u happy!!
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by Ra(f): 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2005
legry:

WHAT RUBBISH!! Who dares says men dont fall in love how calous, how very very calous to the male race. we fall in love and we fall in love a whole lot deeper than the woman look a mans love is very very sincee you kow why because he hardly falls in love so dont you and I repeat dont you say men dont fall in love(Phew is you see de way I de sweat here as I de write this mail)

I guess there remains nothing for me to say. You've said it all my brother.
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by Pinky(f): 1:45pm On Jun 06, 2005
Hmn did I hear anyone say men do fall in love? Those ones? I've only seen married men that are of 47yrs and above falling in love.

Those guys below that age fall in lust.

So don't tell me guys have heart. They are so heartless, but few of them do have heart sha!
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by hotpikin(f): 8:03pm On Jun 06, 2005
well, i think they do... but most of them @ dis age don't...
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by legry(m): 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2005
Hotpikin and Pinky, how dare you?

I have at this moment of reading your quotes personally taken it upon my self to fight for the male race and correct the females that feels we don't fall in love.

Look, there is a line between lust and love and men - when I say men I mean men cross that 'lust' line to 'love' so easily it's crazy. Every man hard or soft falls in love and the one not in love at the present is always looking for how to get love in the future. Now for men we have different ways of showing love cause we are not emotional like women but I'll tell you this we are a whole lot more vunerable to love than women. It's just that there are so many women around that picking the right one is a process that takes time. We always fall in love.

Hotpikin, do you know the amount of great men that have fallen in this world in the name of love and vice versa men have also become great in the name of love. Ladies don't ever for any reason think that men don't fall in love infact we love to fall in love so I repeat and I repeat men fall in love yesterday and today and tommorrow.
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by tayotina(f): 5:26pm On Jun 07, 2005
Legry, please try and understand. When ladies say men don't fall in love, we have our reasons. We know how it feels like to be used and dumped by men, and such men, I tell you, do not know what love is not to even talk of they falling in love.
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by babadudu(m): 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2005
otibouncing:

I have told friends that men do not fall in love especially in this age. Love does not hurt no matter what! If men fall in love, there would not the level of immorality (adultery) amongst married men. Quote me any where!!!

Na wa oo. Who are the men cheating with? Is it not women? Most of these women know they are sleeping with a married man. As a matter of fact, some view it as a challenge. Anyway, my point is men cheat and so do women; men fall in love and so do women.
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by legry(m): 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2005
tayotina:

Legry, please try and understand. When ladies say men don't fall in love, we have our reasons. We know how it feels like to be used and dumped by men, and such men, I tell you, do not know what love is not to even talk of they falling in love.

Tayo we have bad men , we have bad women, thats how it is now and thats how its always gong to be. men will use women and women will use men, and even talking about women using men i just found out something amazing, WOMEN actually use guys for sexual satisfaction just like men do and up till now its still amazing me. The world is crazy and people will still get hurt but in all this love still remains and for every hurt soul there is a part that still searches for love, and trust me tayo men know how it feels to be used and dumped by women too but for some men they take the counter reaction to such feelngs too far and they end up hurting the next girl who after is heartbroken would break the heart of the next guy that comes near her and he now feeling heartbreak too targets the next heart or hearts to break and the cycle will keep going on and on and on and on until we find our resting place in love. So men fall in love women fall in love we all get hurt but we still search for love and it only that search that still keeps the world together today
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by babygirl4ever(f): 12:08am On Jun 10, 2005
They do fall in love sometimes, but they don't want to take you to church.
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by legs(f): 8:02am On Jun 10, 2005
oh men fall in love, really bad too. its just that they fall out of it just as quickly.
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 10, 2005
Men don't fall in love, they fall in lust and when that fades and the women offers every comfort, they fall into a life of convenience. They just love their comfort zone!
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by legs(f): 1:22pm On Jun 10, 2005
ezinne1212:

Men don't fall in love, they fall in lust and when that fades and the women offers every comfort, they fall into a life of convenience. They just love their comfort zone!
... WORD!
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by CimonJorr(m): 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2005
I can see you ladies don't trust men 1 inch.. I wonder how many of you are currently in relationships, seeing ur misgivings on men..

If the men u are with "don't love you", then what's the point being in a relationship with them in the first instance..

Or are all of u single ...
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by hotpikin(f): 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2005
CimonJorr:

Or are all of you single ...

yep!
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by legry(m): 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2005
ya all neeed to get hooked up, look there are lots of single dudes on this forum hook your self up and get out of this world of men dont fall in love theory
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by mamba(m): 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2005
legry:

ya all neeed to get hooked up, look there are lots of single dudes on this forum hook your self up and get out of this world of men dont fall in love theory
And I'm the Number one Mr eligible bachelor, interested girls should PM their applications to me....
I need a wifey....
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by Pinky(f): 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2005
legs:

oh men fall in love, really bad too. its just that they fall out of it just as quickly.

legs, Love is not something u fall in & out of.. if they fall out of it as quickly, then my dear, its not love but lust... so let me help u reframe ur post....
oh men fall in LUST, really bad too. its just that they fall out of it just as quickly.
Re: Men Don't Fall in Love by legs(f): 6:51pm On Jun 11, 2005
mamba:
And I'm the Number one Mr eligible bachelor, interested girls should PM their applications to me....
I need a wifey....
oya! chics run for cover

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Owns a woman's Breast????? / These Happened After A Girl Went To Have Sex In A Boys Hostel. / Why Do Ugly Girls Usually Have The Best Bodies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.