Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Who Authorized Sunday Worship? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Authorized Sunday Worship? (7294 Views)

Saturday Sabbath To Sunday Worship;were Christians Right On This? / Is Sunday Worship Scriptural? / A Secret About Sunday Worship You Won't Be Told By Your Pastors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 10:30pm On Mar 02, 2017
Splinz:

This is not about my beliefs, it's about the errors inherent in that translation. And I'm not mincing words in advicing you to dump it, it wouldn't help you at all, except you want to continue with your hybrid doctrines. Since you claimed to also have access to the Greek and Hebrew manuscripts, why not give it to me at once? I want to see how John was worshiping on Sunday in Rev. 1:10.

Study eschatology . The day of the lord is the battle of Armageddon at the second coming. It's a day of battle .

Joel 2:1
1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain:
let all the inhabitants of the land tremble:
for[b] the day of the Lord cometh[/b], for it is nigh at hand;Joel 2:4-5

. . . 4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses;
and as horsemen, so shall they run.
5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap,
like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble,
as a strong people set in battle array

Whereas the lords day is a Sunday a day of fellowship . John was worshiping God on Sunday morning when he was caught up in spirit and God revealed to him what will happen at the end of this age . He wrote them down and it's called THE BOOK OF REVELATION.

Revelation 1:10-11
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea

Revelation 1:9-11
9 I, John, with you all the way in the trial and the Kingdom and the passion of patience in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of God's Word, the witness of Jesus. 10 It was Sunday and I was in the Spirit, praying. I heard a loud voice behind me, trumpet-clear and piercing: 11 "Write what you see into a book. Send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, Laodicea."
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 02, 2017
MuttleyLaff,
Wow...I'm really disappointed in your behavior!
Trying to stir up strife.. and cause confusion undecided
If I were way younger...maybe your tactics would've worked.
So sorry to disappoint you, but there will be no "fall-out" between me & my bro. Splinz.
Don't you have any siblings
You can have a disagreement or even a misunderstanding yet still be respectful & loving towards one another....
Even "free-thinkers" know that.
Don't let the enemy keep using you....my other brother smiley
Till next time
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by MuttleyLaff: 10:34pm On Mar 02, 2017
Splinz:
On the contrary, Paul talked of the keeping of the Sabbath: “So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God” (Hebrews 4:9). smiley

petra1:
That's a spiritual sabbath in Christ.
This is not making reference to a day . Christ is our rest . But concerning the sabbath of days which is a shadow of christ . The Bible is clear on that. It's case closed . It's a choice though. I can't judge for for observing it. Neither should you me

Romans 14:5
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Colossians 2:16-17
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Splinz:
Now this is funny. How did you coined it again: "A spiritual Sabbath?". Bro, wow... you must be a scholar! Your understanding of these things can befuddle one.

petra1:
What sabbath was being referred to here ?

Hebrews 4:8
8 For if Joshua had given them rest, he would not have said anything about another day.

They had the sabbath of days and week and years . But there's a true sabbath.
Which is a spiritual place in christ. By salvation we are legally in his sabbath . But it's only by faith we enter it practically . It's a place of trust to rest on his word.

Hebrews 4:9-11
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief
I tried warning you that anything and everything you write about, to Splinz, flies and just goes over his head
Now you have your work cut out for you educating him on the spiritual Sabbath
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 02, 2017
petra1:

The sabbath of Jesus death was not the weekly sabbath but the high sabbath

I'm not quite sure that I agree with this statement sir.
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 10:49pm On Mar 02, 2017
petra1:

What sabbath was being referred to here ?

Hebrews 4:8
8 For if Joshua had given them rest, he would not have said anything about another day.

They had the sabbath of days and week and years . But there's a true sabbath . Which is a spiritual place in christ . By salvation we are legally in his sabbath . But it's only by faith we enter it practically . It's a place of trust to rest on his word.

Hebrews 4:9-11
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief

You're very funny in explaining these things. Anyway, I'm not unaware of the works of carnality (Romans 8:7).

The original thoughts and inventors of your own "brand" of Christianity said it all: "...if for these and other such rules [for Sunday observance] you insist upon having positive Scriptural injunction, you will find NONE" (Tertullian, AD 200). Indeed! Human inventions...
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 10:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
petra1:

Study eschatology . The day of the lord is the battle of Armageddon at the second coming. It's a day of battle .

Joel 2:1
1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain:
let all the inhabitants of the land tremble:
for[b] the day of the Lord cometh[/b], for it is nigh at hand;Joel 2:4-5

. . . 4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses;
and as horsemen, so shall they run.
5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap,
like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble,
as a strong people set in battle array

Whereas the lords day is a Sunday a day of fellowship . John was worshiping God on Sunday morning when he was caught up in spirit and God revealed to him what will happen at the end of this age . He wrote them down and it's called THE BOOK OF REVELATION.

Revelation 1:10-11
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea

Revelation 1:9-11
9 I, John, with you all the way in the trial and the Kingdom and the passion of patience in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of God's Word, the witness of Jesus. 10 It was Sunday and I was in the Spirit, praying. I heard a loud voice behind me, trumpet-clear and piercing: 11 "Write what you see into a book. Send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, Laodicea."

Not when I know who invented your Eschatology. Just another bunch of human invention serving ulterior motives.

Sorry, I'm not buying it.
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 11:03pm On Mar 02, 2017
MZLady39:

So sorry to disappoint you, but there will be no "fall-out" between me & my bro. Splinz.
You can have a disagreement or even a misunderstanding yet still be respectful & loving towards one another....
Till next time

Let him be.
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 11:07pm On Mar 02, 2017
MZLady39:

The sabbath was not the normal weekly sabbath but the annual high sabbath which was observed during Passover . It can fall all any day of the week Wednesday,Thursday etc. Just as Christmas could be Sunday this year and Monday next year

John 19:31 kjv
31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

John 19:31 NLT
31 It was the day of preparation, and the Jewish leaders didn’t want the bodies hanging there the next day, which was the Sabbath (and a very special Sabbath, because it was Passover week). So they asked Pilate to hasten their deaths by ordering that their legs be broken. Then their bodies could be taken down
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 02, 2017
Splinz:

Let him be.

Ok..will do.
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 11:13pm On Mar 02, 2017
Splinz:

Not when I know who invented your Eschatology. Just another bunch of human invention serving ulterior motives.

Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Ok don't study eschatology if it's about the grammar . Study end time prophecies
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by MuttleyLaff: 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2017
MZLady39:
MuttleyLaff,
Till next time
I have no tactics, I have no strategies
I am not into stiring up strife, as I am not a confusionist

Weren't you two about to have an argument?
People fall out, it's no big deal because after the fall out, follows a kiss and make up

Please dont misinterpret my simple but telling observation as bad behaviour (i.e. claiming I am trying to stir up strife.. and cause confusion).
If this isnt an over reaction, I dont know what else to call it. SMH
Seems you're becoming sensitive to the words or posts of others here
and have started to interpret them in a negative way

It was a simple observational remark I made, but she is making a mountain out of a molehill over it
Don't give the enemy a foothold to use you ....my other sister from another mister smiley

petra1:
The sabbath of Jesus death was not the weekly sabbath but the high sabbath

MZLady39:
Care to explain in details what you dont agree with in his statement
Should in case you're wondering whats my vested interest in knowing your reason(s), it was me who liked the post, as its gospel truth
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 11:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
petra1:

Ok don't study eschatology if it's about the grammar . Study end time prophecies

Grammar? Now that's quite childish.

Bro, I don't want to sound puff up. But the true is, you need more learning than I do. Both basic Scriptural truths and prophecies.
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 11:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 11:22pm On Mar 02, 2017
Splinz:

Bro, I don't want to sound puff up. But the true is, you need more learning than I do. Both basic Scriptural truths and prophecies.

I don't see any reason why anyone would have issue with eschatology. It simply means study of end time. Which simply refers to prophetic study . So if the coinage of the grammar is the issue . Let's take out the grammar let's use simple language . That's what I meant
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 11:31pm On Mar 02, 2017
Splinz:

You're very funny in explaining these things. Anyway, I'm not unaware of the works of carnality (Romans 8:7).

The original thoughts and inventors of your own "brand" of Christianity said it all: "...if for these and other such rules [for Sunday observance] you insist upon having positive Scriptural injunction, you will find NONE" (Tertullian, AD 200). Indeed! Human inventions...

Ok what sabbath was Paul' referring to? And also what sabbath was it that Joshua didn't give them?
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 11:36pm On Mar 02, 2017
petra1:

I don't see any reason why anyone would have issue with eschatology. It simply means study of end time. Which simply refers to prophetic study . So if the coinage of the grammar is the issue . Let's take out the grammar let's use simple language . That's what I meant

Thank you. Whether you called it "Eschatology" or whatever coinage. The true is, I am fully loaded. You think you know prophecies... really?
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by MuttleyLaff: 11:42pm On Mar 02, 2017
Splinz:

Why would you want to sound puffed up
when you're already doing a good job at expressing your keeping sabbath opinions in a pompous and dogmatic way

Splinz:
Thank you.
Whether you called it "Eschatology" or whatever coinage. The true is, I am fully loaded. You think you know prophecies... really?
Oh for goodness sake!
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 11:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
petra1:

Ok what sabbath was Paul' referring to? And also what sabbath was it that Joshua didn't give them?

"Spiritual Sabbath". Isn't that how you called it?

But the Law (which the Sabbath is among) has always been spiritual (Romans 7:14), not physical. So mind explaining first of all when the Sabbath was physical?
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 11:55pm On Mar 02, 2017
Splinz:

Thank you. Whether you called it "Eschatology" or whatever coinage. The true is, I am fully loaded. You think you know prophecies... really?

But how come you don't know the difference between The day of the lord and The lords day ?
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 12:14am On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

But how come you don't know the difference between The day of the lord and The lords day ?

Because there's no difference. Yours is simply a case of learning the wrong things. An example is using such a junk translation, packed full of human insertions.

Sorry bro, the Greek manuscripts have no such garbage.
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 12:19am On Mar 03, 2017
Splinz:

Because there's no difference. Yours is simply a case of learning the wrong things. An example is using such a junk translation, packed full of human insertions.

Sorry bro, the Greek manuscripts have no such garbage.

So you still insist that the lords day of revelation chapter 1 was battle of Armageddon? That means the Armageddon was has been fought And that John was in the spirit while the war was going on? Right?
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by Splinz(m): 12:35am On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

So you still insist that the lords day of revelation chapter 1 was battle of Armageddon? That means the Armageddon was has been fought And that John was in the spirit while the war was going on? Right?

You're the one saying.

What we know is that John was taken into the future, to see how "The Lord's Day" will be.

It's not called "revelation" for nothing.
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 1:08am On Mar 03, 2017
Splinz:

You're the one saying.

What we know is that John was taken into the future, to see how "The Lord's Day" will be.

It's not called "revelation" for nothing.

No bible version makes that claim except the "loaded you"

Firstly you need to understand that THE DAY OF THE LORD is an event , a battle of Armageddon So your interpretation is flawed there . The whole of the book of revelation was not about just one event . The book is about series of events spanning over a thousand years . Hope your get my point now .

The passage clearly states that it was on The lords day which is Sunday that God showed John the future through trance . Every translation says the same . Kindly humble yourself brother .

Revelation 1:10 (BBE)
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and a great voice at my back, as of a horn, came to my ears,

Revelation 1:10 (NLT)
10 It was the Lord’s Day, and I was worshiping in the Spirit. Suddenly, I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet blast.

Revelation 1:10 (TLB)
10 It was the Lord's Day and I was worshiping, when suddenly I heard a loud voice behind me, a voice that sounded like a trumpet blast,

Revelation 1:9 (MSG)
9 I, John, with you all the way in the trial and the Kingdom and the passion of patience in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of God's Word, the witness of Jesus
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by blueAgent(m): 6:13am On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

BUT are you aware that the early church were meeting on sundays, the book of revelation was given in a trance on sunday .

No .they never worshipped God on the firstday of the week. rather they kept the Sabbath even with converted gentiles.

As Paul and Barnabas were going out, the people kept begging that these things might be spoken to them the next Sabbath. Now when the meeting of the synagogue had broken up, many of the Jews and of the God-fearing proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, were urging them to continue in the grace of God. The next Sabbath nearly the whole city assembled to hear the word of the Lord. read more.
Acts 14:1-23

Now the question is why would Paul and the Gentiles wait till another Sabbath inorder to study the scripture when sunday was the next day?
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by blueAgent(m): 6:32am On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

The early church worship on sundays which they called "The lords day" or first day of the week.

1 Corinthians 16:2
2 On the first day of each week, you should each put aside a portion of the money you have earned . . .

John received the book of revelation why worshiping on Sunday

Revelation 1:10
10 It was the Lord’s Day, and I was worshiping in the Spirit. Suddenly, I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet blast.

Jesus appeared to the disciples many times when they were gathered on Sunday's .

John 20:19
19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

He appeared the following week during Sunday meeting

John 20:26
26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

Paul also talked about the needlessness of the sabbath worship

Colossians 2:16
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

In Colossians 2:16

Paul was talking about the ceremonial sabbaths and not the weekly ones.

The Lords day was never the firstday of the week it was Man that changed it. have you asked yourself all your referrences to the Lord's day have no sunday mentioned as the specific day.

Rather the sabbath was mentioned as the day.
It is also interesting to note that Jesus was the
One who made the Sabbath in the first week of
time. There was a reason for His claim to be Lord of the Sabbath day ( Mark 2:28). If He is the Lord of the Sabbath day, then the Sabbath must be the Lord’s day. John had a vision on “the Lord’s day,” according to Revelation 1:10. That day had to be the Sabbath. It is the only day so designated and claimed by God in the Bible. In writing the Ten Commandments, God called it “the sabbath of the Lord” ( Exodus 20:10). In Isaiah He is quoted as saying, “The sabbath, my holy day” (Isaiah 58:13)

1 Like

Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by blueAgent(m): 6:39am On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

The early church worship on sundays which they called "The lords day" or first day of the week.

2 On the first day of each week, you should each put aside a portion of the money you have earned . . .

Jesus appeared to the disciples many times when they were gathered on Sunday's .

19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

In John 20:19 which you cited the purpose of the diciples gathering was not to Worship God but as a result of the fear of the Jews.

Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

when we read the Bible record of the event, we
discover that the circumstances were quite
different. Luke tells us that, even though the
disciples were confronted with the eyewitness
story of Mary Magdalene, they “believed not.”
“After that he appeared in another form unto two
of them, as they walked, and went into the
country. And they went and told it unto the
residue: neither believed they them. Afterward he
appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and
upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness
of heart, because they believed not them which
had seen him after he was risen” (Mark 16:12-14)
Obviously, none of those upper room disciples
believed that He was raised, so they could not
have been joyously celebrating the resurrection.
John explains their reason for being together in these words: “The doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the
Jews” ( John 20:19).
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 6:42am On Mar 03, 2017
blueAgent:

No .they never worshipped God on the firstday of the week.

John 20:19 (NLT)
19 That Sunday evening the disciples were meeting behind locked doors . . . . .

Acts 20:7 (KJV Strong's)
7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

Acts 20:7 (TLB)
7 On Sunday we gathered for a Communion service, with Paul preaching. And since he was leaving the next day, he talked until midnight!

1Corinthians 16:2 (AMPC)
2 On the first [day] of each week, let each one of you [personally] put aside something and save it up as he has prospered [in proportion to what he is given], so that no collections will need to be taken after I come.

1 Corinthians 16:2 (TLB)
2 On every Lord's Day each of you should put aside something from what you have earned during the week, and use it for this offering. The amount depends on how much the Lord has helped you earn. Don't wait until I get there and then try to collect it all at once.

1 Corinthians 16:2 (MSG)
2 Every Sunday each of you make an offering and put it in safekeeping. Be as generous as you can. When I get there you'll have it ready, and I won't have to make a special appeal.

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Revelation 1:10 (MSG)
10 It was Sunday and I was in the Spirit, praying. I heard a loud voice behind me, trumpet-clear and piercing:

rather they kept the Sabbath even with converted gentiles. . ..As Paul and Barnabas were going out, the people kept begging that these things might be spoken to them the next Sabbath. Now when the meeting of the synagogue had broken up, many of the Jews and of the God-fearing proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, were urging them to continue in the grace of God. The next Sabbath nearly the whole city assembled to hear the word of the Lord. read more.
Acts 14:1-23

Now the question is why would Paul and the Gentiles wait till another Sabbath inorder to study the scripture when sunday was the next day?

The church didn't gather to meet there .If you observed , The apostles went among them to preach to them so that they could become Christians . And some of them got converted

Acts 14:1
And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed.
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by blueAgent(m): 6:47am On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

If Jesus wanted us Christains to worship him on his day of resurrection he could have told his disciples before his death. becos A Man will goes into effect ones he is dead and nothing can be added or removed from it.

"Brethren, I speak after the manner of men;
Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be
confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth
thereto." Galatians 3:15

Paul is saying here that after a man's death, his will or covenant cannot be changed. Not one new addition can be made after the death of the testator. The covenant stands forever exactly as it stood when the testator died. After the death of Christ, no change whatsoever could be made in His provisions to save mankind.

If Christ had desired His
resurrection to be memori- alized by
Sundaykeeping, He could have introduced it on that same Thursday night of the Last Supper. Then it would have become a part of the New Covenant,
along with the Communion service and foot-
washing. Jesus did not hesitate to command the observance of His death, even though it had not taken place yet. Just as easily He could have commanded the observance of His resurrection,
which was still future, in order that it might
become a New Covenant requirement. But He did not! And no one else ever did either,
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by blueAgent(m): 6:49am On Mar 03, 2017
Splinz:

Oh really!? Wow... I'm not in the know that the early Church worshiped on the "Lord's Day". Well, lets find out.

Before examination, let’s read the first three verses of this chapter to put verse 2 in context: “Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do you. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God has prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come. And when I come, whomsoever you shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.”

This passage supposedly gives authority for passing the “collection plate” every Sunday. Does it represent a general command to all Christians, for all time, to give freewill offerings at “Sunday services”? No! However, the passage does speak of an offering, a collection to be taken up for a specific purpose. The offering described here is unique in five ways. As you read these points, see if there is even a remote indication or hint that God in any way commands or authorizes Sunday-keeping through it.

First, it is a specific offering described in Romans 15:25-28: “But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints. For it has pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem. It has pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal [physical] things. When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain.”

This passage shows the collection was “for the poor saints…at Jerusalem.” It was not a collection plate passed on Sunday. The Jerusalem saints were to receive food because they were suffering from drought and famine. The Greek word translated “fruit” can also refer to grain, produce or wine, which can be stored for long periods.

There is no reference to money here. There is also nothing about giving a collection to the minister or a church hierarchy.

Second, it was done at one specific time—when Paul passed through (“I will come by you into Spain”).

Third, it was given at one specific place (“let everyone of you lay by him in store”). This is because Paul would come later (vs. 3 – “when I come”) to gather what brethren had been saving at home (“lay by him in store”). This was not an offering kept at the church, or given every—or any—Sunday.

Fourth, this command is specific to the Corinthians (vs. 1). There is no command for Sunday collections here, but merely instruction to local brethren to store an important offering for poor brethren!

Fifth, this letter was received in Corinth during the Days of Unleavened Bread. “First day of the week” should properly be translated “first of the weeks (plural).” The collection was almost certainly to happen immediately after the Days of Unleavened Bread, in the first week counting toward Pentecost.

Verse 4—“and if it be meet that I go also, they shall go with me”—coupled with verse 3 referencing “them,” shows that it took several people to transport this large offering to Jerusalem. This would not be necessary if it was simply cash and coins taken up in an offering plate. It would be necessary if much food and drink was involved.

So bro, there's no such proofs here that the early Church worshiped on Sundays. Now, lets look at your next point...

Excellent response.

1 Like

Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by blueAgent(m): 6:50am On Mar 03, 2017
Auki:
Who authorise worship of Jesus instead of God?

Jesus is God
Jesus is Son God
Jesus as in Trinity

Pagans concepts inserted and normalised.

Your God is ONE and without any partner. Jesus is human being created by God

Stop posting lies here.
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by petra1(m): 6:57am On Mar 03, 2017
blueAgent:

If Jesus wanted us Christains to worship him on his day of resurrection he could have told his disciples before his death. becos A Man will goes into effect ones he is dead and nothing can be added or removed from it.

Firstly Jesus made it clear we weren't bound by sabbath law . He's the lord of sabbath . Secondly the agenda that Constantine initiated Sunday worship after the Sun god is a fallacy. Thirdly it's a choice If you want to choose Tuesday or Wednesday to have service . There's no more any special day. Sabbath was a shadow of christ . He is our rest .

Colossians 2:16 (KJV Strong's)

Romans 14:5 (KJV Strong's)
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

If we criticize Sunday service , we criticize the church and it's foundation And all the apostles put together. Remember also that the synagogue was not an institution under the law. They were established by necessities. God didn't condemn it. So why condemning Sunday worship
Re: Who Authorized Sunday Worship? by blueAgent(m): 7:07am On Mar 03, 2017
petra1:

Firstly Jesus made it clear we weren't bound by sabbath law . He's the lord of sabbath . Secondly the agenda that Constantine initiated Sunday worship after the Sun god is a fallacy. Thirdly it's a choice If you want to choose Tuesday or Wednesday to have service . There's no more any special day. Sabbath was a shadow of christ . He is our rest .

Colossians 2:16 (KJV Strong's)

Romans 14:5 (KJV Strong's)

If we criticize Sunday service , we criticize the church and it's foundation And all the apostles put together. Remember also that the synagogue was not an institution under the law. They were established by necessities. God didn't condemn it. So why condemning Sunday worship

I laugh , you just murdered the Bible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trinity / the secret of prayer and instant answers, by authority not by begging / God's Moral Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.