Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani (35036 Views)

Sen. Shehu Sani Denies Decamping From APC To SDP Party With This Hilarious Tweet / Monkeys Swallow N70m Northern Senators Forum Money - Sen Shehu Sani / Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by zzbrodah: 10:37am On Feb 26, 2017
naijaking1:
Good job senator, but to help summarize in one word: education!
You northern elite have skillfully prevented the mass from the area from basic western education that could have opened their eyes to the truth. This provides immediate political benefits to the ruling class, but on the long run, especially when they go to Onitsha or Ijebu Ode, they suddenly realize the importance of the education they denied their own people.

God bless you for the summary...When you are educated.you will be knowledgeable enough to know that:

1.Begging is never a way of life

2.That those elected into public offices are meant to serve you not the other way round

3.That its a shameful thing to give birth to children you cannot cater for

4.That killing in any form is not a passport to heaven.

5.That no amount is worth more than your life(Suicide bombers)

6.That empowerment is one of the ways of controlling poverty
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by oluamid(m): 10:37am On Feb 26, 2017
Omudia:
The bolded is a big fat lie. Arabs and Muslims in general have contributed nothing to modern civilization or science. Even if they have, it is largely inconsequential.

Aristotle , Isaac Newton , Robert Boyle, Albert Einstein, Archimedes, Marie Curie, Galileo Galilei, Michael Faraday, Nikola Telsa etc, which of the above was an Arab or Muslim?

I remember I was also shocked when Muslim/Arabic names started popping up during my Philosophy of Science days in school. I've read a lot about Ibn Batuta ever since. Find two links to some names below:

https://www.famousscientists.org/famous-muslim-arab-persian-scientists-and-their-inventions/

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/01/29/muslim.inventions/
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by Ennyforeal(f): 11:13am On Feb 26, 2017
LastProphet:

the only rich muslim countries are those with a natural source of wealth which made them rich by accident like Saudi Arabia. The Dubai you mention does not operate like an Islamic country, they keep small families and lastly still relies heavily on natural oil wealth as it seeks transition to a service economy. islam is poverty and poverty is islam simple
hehehe mean all Christian in naija are rich hmm u are deluded that's why your pastors are flying in private jets wit tithes payers money.
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by LastProphet: 11:21am On Feb 26, 2017
oluamid:

There's actually a difference between using Arabic to teach and Islamic education. I concede though that majority of what they do in Northern Nigeria is Islamic education which is based on the Koran.

All countries use the resources they have to achieve their ends and you can't fault the Arab world for exploiting their oil and gas. Most of the scientific developments we have in the west today was based off what Arab scholars achieved so its not as if the Arabs too have been slacking.

The problem with Africa generally and Northern Nigeria specifically is that we seem to have taken everything bad those who gave us their religions had while leaving out the good.

which Western achievements are based on arab scholar work? which arab scholars? scholars before or after the rise of islam in arabia?

1 Like

Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by LastProphet: 11:26am On Feb 26, 2017
Ennyforeal:
hehehe mean all Christian in naija are rich hmm u are deluded that's why your pastors are flying in private jets wit tithes payers money.

why not name a product or technology from an islamic country? at least a phone, car, tv, pc, equipment, anything at all that is a product of deep research. i give u 2 yrs to get back, moroon
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by logica(m): 11:39am On Feb 26, 2017
codemaniacs:

that alternate poison also poisoned your mind... before the 1600s Africans were never muslims or christians..
Wrong. Christianity arrived in Africa (Egypt - Coptic Orthodoxy) even before it arrived in Europe. Ethiopia was the first Christian Nation.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by oluamid(m): 11:45am On Feb 26, 2017
LastProphet:

which Western achievements are based on arab scholar work? which arab scholars? scholars before or after the rise of islam in arabia?

Here are just 2 examples...

https://www.famousscientists.org/famous-muslim-arab-persian-scientists-and-their-inventions/

Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by Amoto94(m): 11:48am On Feb 26, 2017
LastProphet:

yet Arabia has produced less than 20 nobel laureates since inception and after over 12000 recipients, Arabia thrived in the sciences BEFORE islam and not AFTER! go and check your history very well
You absolutely know nothing about Nobel Laureate award and awards in general, award is not an indicator of superiority in knowledge. Chinua Achebe was not given a Literature prize in Nobel awards but will you say he didn't make any contribution to literature? What about Satyandra Bose the originator of Bose-statistics he never won a Nobel prize in Physics but he's a legend. So, when next you yap about Muslims having fewer number of Nobel laureates know that are just what they're are and nothing else.
Another point Islam is not a religion of Arabs and didn't start during the time of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) but for the sake of argument let's just agree that it started during his time. Now, back to your statement that Arabia thrived in science before the coming of Islam this is an outright lie as proven by historical facts and figures. Google Islamic Spain and Muslim scientists in the golden era.

1 Like

Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by LastProphet: 11:52am On Feb 26, 2017
oluamid:

Here are just 2 examples...

if you had a little sense in ur skull u wud have asked yourself why all your references are 1000yrs old, are there no current scientific achievements in the Islamic world? do u see how empty your brains are?
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by JohnsonOlanre: 11:52am On Feb 26, 2017
We yoruba muslims disagree, north is underdeveloped because of the Iboes. grin grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by ransomed: 11:53am On Feb 26, 2017
musicwriter:
Have he ever calculated the man hour wasted on prayers in mosques by one person per day? Then, calculate the total population and do the maths.
::-- You are right sir. I have an encounter with some bricklayers of northern extractions that abandonned concrete to observe prayers during work hours. I had to quickly pay some Igala guys to use up the stuff before setting. They are concerned about today's meal and completely refuse to plan for tomorrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by amunites19(m): 12:02pm On Feb 26, 2017
Most of common northern people are good people, they are simple, humble, honest and very kind people, they can make decision and choose a leader without sentiments, and they can disown any corrupt leader. But the problem is:

1. Most of leaders from north are looters, they believe looting is not a sin, and they are always at for-front in most black-deals in Nigeria
2. Most of leaders from north can sacrifice anybody for their personal interest
3. Most of leaders from north use religion and tribe in deceiving common people and use big-man strategy to intimidate them
4. Some of the common people that take them as gods are mostly beggars who can't work hard and depend on themselves, they put all their need on them which will indirectly put pressure on the bosses and push them in finding money by all means
5. Or the so called local politicians ('Yan Jagaliya) who believe that their only profession is politics they don't do any other job, if any person didn't give them money they black list him and start character assassination against him
6. There are people who really love Islam but they don't really understand it, especially those who memorized holly Qur'an without knowing the meaning, if unlucky they come across a wrong imam who will misinterpret and use it to brainwash them.

Southerners too have their own problems may GOD help us all.
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by LastProphet: 12:13pm On Feb 26, 2017
Amoto94:
You absolutely know nothing about Nobel Laureate award and awards in general, award is not an indicator of superiority in knowledge. Chinua Achebe was not given a Literature prize in Nobel awards but will you say he didn't make any contribution to literature? What about Satyandra Bose the originator of Bose-statistics he never won a Nobel prize in Physics but he's a legend. So, when next you yap about Muslims having fewer number of Nobel laureates know that are just what they're are and nothing else.
Another point Islam is not a religion of Arabs and didn't start during the time of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) but for the sake of argument let's just agree that it started during his time. Now, back to your statement that Arabia thrived in science before the coming of Islam this is an outright lie as proven by historical facts and figures. Google Islamic Spain and Muslim scientists in the golden era.

why are all Islamic references thousands of years old all the time? are there no current and easily verifiable scientific achievements to cite? for example whenever muslims claim to know Christian terrorists they begin to give 1000yr old examples, arent you capable of giving current or close examples? i really pity the kind of lies embedded in the skulls of average muslims

2 Likes

Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by HeGeMon(m): 12:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
That's all part of the Madras a Islamic system where they are taught a a holistic way of life, so evrytn u see them do, is already inculcated in them from a very young age.. Its a cyclical problem overturning generations
Delphi:
Sir, you forgot to put 'polygamy' there. A situation where someone who cannot fend for himself satisfactorily marries upto 4 wives with myriad of children but with no sustenability plans.

1 Like

Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by oluamid(m): 12:34pm On Feb 26, 2017
LastProphet:

if you had a little sense in ur skull u wud have asked yourself why all your references are 1000yrs old, are there no current scientific achievements in the Islamic world? do u see how empty your brains are?

Is it necessary to abuse in order to get your point across?

Here is a part of my original comment that you quoted...

"Most of the scientific developments we have in the west today was based off what Arab scholars achieved so its not as if the Arabs too have been slacking."

Let me try to explain a bit for the sake of any other person reading this: scientific inventions are not necessarily the work of one man. Every inventor has had to call on the previous work of others in order to be able to create something. Just the way anyone who wants to create a phone today would not have to start worrying about electromagnetic waves or transistors.

As for whether there are no current scientific achievements in the Muslim/Arab world, last I checked forceps, algebra, aeronautics, cranks, optics, toothbrush, hospitals and other inventions mentioned in the links I posted are all still in use.

PS: If you can't have a discussion without becoming abusive please STAY OFF MY MENTIONS. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by codemaniacs: 12:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
k
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by LastProphet: 1:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
oluamid:

Is it necessary to abuse in order to get your point across?

Here is a part of my original comment that you quoted...

"Most of the scientific developments we have in the west today was based off what Arab scholars achieved so its not as if the Arabs too have been slacking."

Let me try to explain a bit for the sake of any other person reading this: scientific inventions are not necessarily the work of one man. Every inventor has had to call on the previous work of others in order to be able to create something. Just the way anyone who wants to create a phone today would not have to start worrying about electromagnetic waves or transistors.

As for whether there are no current scientific achievements in the Muslim/Arab world, last I checked forceps, algebra, aeronautics, cranks, optics, toothbrush, hospitals and other inventions mentioned in the links I posted are all still in use.

PS: If you can't have a discussion without becoming abusive please STAY OFF MY MENTIONS. Thanks.

while it might take time to verify ur claims on technological achievements, it would have been easier just giving actual product or brand names eg honda, samsung, Microsoft, etc , these can be easily verified. its accepted already that Islamic countries have nothing of such, the only technology they appear interested in is the nuclear bomb

1 Like

Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by oluamid(m): 1:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
LastProphet:

while it might take time to verify ur claims on technological achievements, it would have been easier just giving actual product or brand names eg honda, samsung, Microsoft, etc , these can be easily verified. its accepted already that Islamic countries have nothing of such, the only technology they appear interested in is the nuclear bomb

I'm not making any claims they are historical facts. I was taught some of these back in school. Anyways, its not an argument, just open the links (one of them is even from CNN) and read. You can as well do a little googling and see what you will come up with.

I'm no Muslim or an Arab and I have my personal biases against them, but I won't make faulty sweeping statements against any race in the face of cold hard facts. To me all religions are nothing more than mind control mechanisms and religious agents use them mostly to keep their subjects in thrall like we have in Northern Nigeria and other parts of the world, the rest of Nigeria inclusive.

1 Like

Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by Amoto94(m): 1:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
LastProphet:

why are all Islamic references thousands of years old all the time? are there no current and easily verifiable scientific achievements to cite? for example whenever muslims claim to know Christian terrorists they begin to give 1000yr old examples, arent you capable of giving current or close examples? i really pity the kind of lies embedded in the skulls of average muslims
You are really a disgrace to intellectualism. You obviously like to play around after been exposed for intellectual daftness, your argument was that Islam impedes human growth and development I refuted your lies and you dare turn around to accuse Muslims of been liars. You also didn't ask me to name recent contributions of Muslims in technological advancement. An example of Christian terrorist is Dylan Roof.
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by jantavanta(m): 2:09pm On Feb 26, 2017
codemaniacs:

that alternate poison also poisoned your mind... before the 1600s Africans were never muslims or christians..

Our social studies books need to be revised so that people go to school to know better than what missionaries teach.

St Augustine was an African and even Jesuit The Christ was not painted as a White Man until a few hundred years ago.

Black Madonna of Outremeuse in a procession
[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2f/Procession_2006_-_n°6.JPG/250px-Procession_2006_-_n°6.JPG[/img]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Madonna

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/True_Negros/The_True_Negro_2a.htm

1 Like

Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by brojoshua: 2:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
1. Corruption
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by LastProphet: 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
Amoto94:
You are really a disgrace to intellectualism. You obviously like to play around after been exposed for intellectual daftness, your argument was that Islam impedes human growth and development I refuted your lies and you dare turn around to accuse Muslims of been liars. You also didn't ask me to name recent contributions of Muslims in technological advancement. An example of Christian terrorist is Dylan Roof.

just the same daft reasoning pattern of muslims, did Dylan Roof shout "i kill u in Jesus name?" Did dylan roof refer to any part of the Bible as the motivation for murdering those people in the church? and why was a Christian terrorist murdering christians but only of another race? you see am not surprised at your dullness, its what islam does to people, pathetic
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by jantavanta(m): 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
codemaniacs:

you're wrong... there's no point explaining things to you because you use religion and religious books to understand history.. there was never any place called egypt, israel or middle east before the invasion of Africa but this will seem very senseless to you since you use religion to understand history..

@logica is not using religious books to understand History.

If there was no place called Egypt or Israel or Middle-East before the invasion of Africa, tell us what those places were called, and it affects the point he is making that Africa is the origin of the Judeo-Christo-Islamic Western Triad that has been turned against Africans.

https://www.amazon.com/African-Origins-Major-Western-Religions/dp/0933121296
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by Amoto94(m): 2:39pm On Feb 26, 2017
LastProphet:

just the same daft reasoning pattern of muslims, did Dylan Roof shout "i kill u in Jesus name?" Did dylan roof refer to any part of the Bible as the motivation for murdering those people in the church? and why was a Christian terrorist murdering christians but only of another race? you see am not surprised at your dullness, its what islam does to people, pathetic
What is terrorism and who is a terrorist? If the actions of Dylan Roof is not an act of terrorism that shows you reason like a man with a 1bit memory capacity. What about the Quebec Mosque attacker your mumu supposed don do O.

1 Like

Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by codemaniacs: 2:43pm On Feb 26, 2017
k
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by CellTabRepairs: 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2017
Sani is right. He however left out 2 critical reasons I won't share here.

It is not enough to earn and carry about a certificate! That's phase 1.
Life is about relevance and proffering solutions. Someone right now somewhere is looking for someone who can do something for him/her and get paid! Opportunity Meets with preparation! Is your worth only in that paper certificate even though you hardly have a REAL skill?

Therefore;
While you search for that job and keep waiting (very frustrating), DO NOT WAIT IN PERPETUITY! You might consider investing in knowledge-based skill that has unending returns. EACH DAY , YOUR CAPITAL IS YOUR KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & BARE HANDS! More GUARANTEED than any other cash based investment! With smartphones as the future, YOU CAN NEVER GO BROKE.

coolClick My Name & View That Resource You Need! cool
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by LastProphet: 3:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
Amoto94:
What is terrorism and who is a terrorist? If the actions of Dylan Roof is not an act of terrorism that shows you reason like a man with a 1bit memory capacity. What about the Quebec Mosque attacker your mumu supposed don do O.

quranic recitation has damaged ur brain, u shud be ashamed of been a muslim if u had any brain cell left
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by Celsony: 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2017
Senator Shehu Sani has Spoken. NEXT!
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by poyet(m): 3:47pm On Feb 26, 2017
You no mention the main thing: blinded polygamy. Even those that cannot cater for more than one wife still go ahead and marry plenty women. Worse is giving birth to innumerable children with no resources to cater for them.
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by Amoto94(m): 4:48pm On Feb 26, 2017
LastProphet:

quranic recitation has damaged ur brain, u shud be ashamed of been a muslim if u had any brain cell left
E pain am. Run along empty barrel. Next time don't spread misinformation and lies.
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by jantavanta(m): 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
codemaniacs:

you are not the person I quoted.. If I tell you my opinion you won't believe so its pointless since you're also using religion because the only place those places are mentioned are in religious books and whitewashed history..

Investigating The Unbelievable, is not new to me. My topics are in the realm of the Unbelievable. At least, we have a common ground that His-Story has been White washed to Blackout Africans.

I only post books as the nearest available source of info, like a compass that points in a direction. But these books are not the final destination.
Re: 6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani by iambijo(m): 6:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
troy20:

Can't believe someone who saw the four walls of education typed this.even if you have no sense of empathy all,this is very mediocre.they produce most of the food you eat so don't even think of laziness for a people who have been raped time and time again by their elites and the hold of religion
sorry sir buh that's what i see around me, the more you help people financially the more they will rely on ur help, we produce that food sir but still there are lazy people around .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kassim Afegbua Turns Himself In At Police Headquarters (Photos) / Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship / 2023: Tinubu/Shettima-NAIRAXI Transit Card Opens Portal, Commence Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.