Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Naija Xmas Menu - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Naija Xmas Menu (6176 Views)

A Unique Balance Diet Menu For Families / Nairalander Chef Shares Unique Pictures Of His Fish BBQ Menu. / Maggi Family Menu: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Xmas Menu by AmakaOne(f): 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2009
For us die hard Naija peeps not into stuffed tolo lolo for xmas.

Starters

Boli: Roast Plantain served with a peanut sauce and salad
Puff Puff: Popular West African finger food that consists of fried dough balls       
Peppered Gizzard and Plantain: deliciously seasoned chicken gizzard fried and marinated with rich tomato and onion sauce, mixed with cubed fried plantain
King prawns: cooked and garnished with sweet pepper, garlic, herb and spices.
Spicy Chicken Wings: fried chicken wings mixed with sweet and spicy ginger with an African twist.
Goat meat or Fish Pepper Soup: a spicy and rich broth cooked with a blend of herbs and spices, served with fish or Goat meat.
Flame grilled sizzling Chicken, beef  Suya: succulent, spicy grilled beef/chicken or goat marinated in a blend of Spices.

Main Course

Jollof Rice: Deliciously cooked rice in onions, tomatoes and pepper sauce served with stewed beef or fish, plantain and bean cake a side. The vegetarian option is this dish without the beef or fish.
Ewa Agoyin and Plantain: [/b]Steamed brown African beans served with palm oil stew with dried chopped onions served with either beef or fish with plantain as a side. The vegetarian option is this dish without the beef or fish.
[b]Asaro (Yam Pottage):
Cubed yam cooked in pepper, tomatoes and onion stew with crayfish and traditional African spices served with either beef or fish with plantain as a side. The vegetarian option is this dish without the beef or fish.
Pounded Yam with Efo Elegusi: Boiled yam kneaded to smooth firm dough, served with spinach a tasty combination of melon seed, a blend of pumpkin leaves and Bitter leaf cooked in tomato and onion based sauce with ground melon seeds flavoured in palm oil and spices, and meat.

Dessert
Ice-cream (Vanilla, Mango, Coconut) with slices of fruits
Sticky toffee pudding with ice-cream

Recipes coming up

Re: Naija Xmas Menu by abishegs: 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2009
hmmmmm, i like tht! wud make tht my menu for xmas, all fam's gong to be around! wht a wonderful xmas m going to av,
thnks @ poster for posting this,
Re: Naija Xmas Menu by mamagee3(f): 2:34am On Dec 23, 2009
I Love Xmas Meals. kiss
Re: Naija Xmas Menu by AmakaOne(f): 9:32am On Dec 23, 2009
Spicy Chicken
Fried chicken mixed with sweet and spicy ginger with an African twist.

Beef & Chicken Suya

Re: Naija Xmas Menu by AmakaOne(f): 9:35am On Dec 23, 2009
Ewa Agoyin

Puff Puff

Asaro elepo resusu

Re: Naija Xmas Menu by AmakaOne(f): 10:13am On Dec 23, 2009
Pudding

Re: Naija Xmas Menu by bolu1(f): 1:12am On Dec 28, 2009
this one na to eat and sleep
Re: Naija Xmas Menu by gift03: 4:53pm On Apr 05, 2011
Hi, I know this reply is REALLY late, but I wanted to know where you posted the recipes to the xmas dinner menu?

Also, do you have a website or a book I can look it. I enjoy all your posts.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Romantic And Sexy Hot Food I prepared today (pic) / How To Cook The Nigerian Afang Soup (okazi Soup) / What's The Difference Between 'pure Water Leather' And 'bottle Water'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.