Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,782 members, 7,798,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview (22076 Views)

Dear Beneficiaries And Applicants, Always Write Out Your Words In Full,thank You / Please Find Attached My Resume: The Right Way To Say It / Thank You Nairaland! I Got A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by SyberKate(f): 5:49am On Feb 26, 2017
Writing a Interview thank you note after an employment interview can be the key to getting a job offer. In these days of e-mail and online communication, is it appropriate to send thank you letters by email?

In most cases, yes.
You can get your thank you letter out immediately, rather than having to wait for the postal service to deliver it. If the employer is making a quick hiring decision, time is of the essence.

If there is no sense of urgency, you may still want to send a quick email thank you, along with a traditional letter or note. You’ll be reiterating your interest in the position sooner rather than later.

What to Include in Your Interview Thank You Email Message
In addition to thanking the person you talked with, the thank you note reinforces the fact that you want the job. Use your letter to address any issues and concerns that came up during the interview.

You can also view the thank you as a follow-up “sales” letter. In other words, restate why you want the job, what your qualifications are, how you might make significant contributions, and so on.

This letter is also the perfect opportunity to discuss anything of importance that your interviewer neglected to ask or that you neglected to answer as thoroughly, or as well, as you would have liked. Keep in mind though, that the thank you note should be brief and to the point.

A couple of brief paragraphs are sufficient.

http://syberkart.com/blog/say-interview-thank-you/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by SyberKate(f): 5:51am On Feb 26, 2017
Thank You Email and Letter Example After an Interview

Example of an Email Thank-You Letter to Send After a Job Interview

The example below will provide you with a template to use for your own thank-you email.

Keep in mind that this sample is only to give you a sense of how to format your email and what information should be included.

Thank You – Assistant Account Executive Interview

Email Message:

Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name:

I enjoyed speaking with you today about the assistant account executive position at the Smith Agency.

The job seems to be an excellent match for my skills and interests.

The creative approach to account management that you described confirmed my desire to work with you.

In addition to my enthusiasm, I will bring to the position strong writing skills, assertiveness, and the ability to encourage others to work cooperatively with the department.

I appreciate the time you took to interview me. I am very interested in working for you and look forward to hearing from you regarding this position.

Sincerely,

Your Name

Email Address

Address

Phone Number
[LinkedIn URL]
[Website URL]

More >>> http://syberkart.com/blog/thank-email-letter-example-interview/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by onward4life(m): 7:12am On Feb 26, 2017
SyberKate:
Thank You Email and Letter Example After an Interview

Example of an Email Thank-You Letter to Send After a Job Interview

The example below will provide you with a template to use for your own thank-you email.

Keep in mind that this sample is only to give you a sense of how to format your email and what information should be included.

Thank You – Assistant Account Executive Interview

Email Message:

Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name:

I enjoyed speaking with you today about the assistant account executive position at the Smith Agency.

The job seems to be an excellent match for my skills and interests.

The creative approach to account management that you described confirmed my desire to work with you.

In addition to my enthusiasm, I will bring to the position strong writing skills, assertiveness, and the ability to encourage others to work cooperatively with the department.

I appreciate the time you took to interview me. I am very interested in working for you and look forward to hearing from you regarding this position.

Sincerely,

Your Name

Email Address

Address

Phone Number
[LinkedIn URL]
[Website URL]

More >>> http://syberkart.com/blog/thank-email-letter-example-interview/

Thanks I believe this was among the reasons I lost out on Malaysian trade job....
I stil dey cry!

1 Like

Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by HRich(m): 7:59am On Feb 26, 2017
grin 3JLKQSM
Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by nmreports: 7:59am On Feb 26, 2017
Awesome tips.

There are just things that when you do will help you during and after interviews.
This does not guarantee that you have the job but you would be remembered.

You can also read How To Act At Job Interviews: http://www.hrtechnique.com/2016/09/how-to-act-during-job-interviews.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by dessz(m): 8:02am On Feb 26, 2017
if thank you really works I will write application for first bank manager with thank you attached. do u think I will smell the job. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by Grafixnuel(m): 8:02am On Feb 26, 2017
Do you like any of this? Check my signature to get yours

4 Likes

Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by ogedokis: 8:03am On Feb 26, 2017
Jobs in Nigeria Is about who u sabi.... If u like write thank u letter from now till tomorrow..

4 Likes

Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by dessz(m): 8:03am On Feb 26, 2017
ebene4nija:
MMM EMPIRE

MMM EMPIRE is here with a unique package plan to make you smile down the bank throughout life.

UNIQUENESS
MMM empire is a strong platform that has 3 package plans for its SUSTAINABILITY.

✅ 100% of your investment in 7 days.
✅80% of your investment in 15 days
✅50% of your investment in 30 days.

You can decide to choose one of the packages OR all the 3.

OTHER UNIQUE FEATURES
✅ 10% referral bonus.
✅20% bonus when you provide respective help four times in the system.
✅One generation guider benefit in order not to drain up the system.

REGISTER TODAY WITH THIS LINK TO START EARNING
https://mmmempire.com/?i=ebeneebz@hotmail.com
Click on NIGERIA and then complete the registration form.
Login and add your bank account details that's all....

N.B: THE BIC ifcs code is your bank name to confirm that you are not using two accounts to drain the system. If noticed, your account might be deactivated. So add your bank name in the BIC IFCS space and repeat it in bank name again for confirmation.

The real platform with the real ideology we have been looking for is here. Join now and enjoy your investment forever.

Click here to join the official facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/mmmempireofficial/

Click here to join our whatsapp group: https:///CcePrpBaZuOKDwIfbpk80x

Long live mmm empire.
the thunder wey go strike you dey do press-up ediot.

12 Likes

Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by forayfleo(m): 8:03am On Feb 26, 2017
You guys will not do church don't allow me to invite trump for u
Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 26, 2017
Nice one Op. I'll be needing these soon.

1 Like

Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by gradeA(m): 8:04am On Feb 26, 2017
Thank you.
Op expect my thank you email soon for this.
Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 26, 2017
ebene4nija:
MMM EMPIRE

MMM EMPIRE is here with a unique package plan to make you smile down the bank throughout life.

UNIQUENESS
MMM empire is a strong platform that has 3 package plans for its SUSTAINABILITY.

✅ 100% of your investment in 7 days.
✅80% of your investment in 15 days
✅50% of your investment in 30 days.

You can decide to choose one of the packages OR all the 3.

OTHER UNIQUE FEATURES
✅ 10% referral bonus.
✅20% bonus when you provide respective help four times in the system.
✅One generation guider benefit in order not to drain up the system.

REGISTER TODAY WITH THIS LINK TO START EARNING
https://mmmempire.com/?i=ebeneebz@hotmail.com
Click on NIGERIA and then complete the registration form.
Login and add your bank account details that's all....

N.B: THE BIC ifcs code is your bank name to confirm that you are not using two accounts to drain the system. If noticed, your account might be deactivated. So add your bank name in the BIC IFCS space and repeat it in bank name again for confirmation.

The real platform with the real ideology we have been looking for is here. Join now and enjoy your investment forever.

Click here to join the official facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/mmmempireofficial/

Click here to join our whatsapp group: https:///CcePrpBaZuOKDwIfbpk80x

Long live mmm empire.

Eran

7 Likes

Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by Sisqoman(m): 8:11am On Feb 26, 2017
Thank U is Thank U.
Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by LorDBolton(m): 8:23am On Feb 26, 2017
onward4life:

Thanks I believe this was among the reasons I lost out on Malaysian trade job....
I stil dey cry!
Bruv u lost out cos u didn't do 'enough' in the interview, not cos of some dumb email not sent #simple

These tips rarely work, believe me... to get ahead u need to establish a 'connection' with d interviewers + the chaperone (handlers) too.(if u paddy paddy the person well u could even exchange numbers)

I.e the interviewer should 'remember' you, this is achieved by being relaxed yet professional not rigid like someone holding poop
grin

Example: I met someone & while gisting about an interview we had with a particular top 4 nigerian bank (at different periods) he exclaimed chaii that woman tough o, and I was like she's alright... we shared laughs and even talked family...he was stunned cos he didn't cross over n complained she kept hammering him tough Q's.

when leaving I always say 'thank you ma, thank you sir, enjoy the rest of your day / have a good day.

I also try to add some comedy when answering Q's, not straight forward q's so as to break the ice... trust me if u can get ur panel members laughing Ehn!

They'll even forget about the tough Q's or pardon any mistakes u make u make when answering.

in interviews you need one of or both these two things:
1- high intellect or 2- loving personality

Why? Cos interviews are all subjective.

Stop beating yourself up bruv

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by serverconnect(m): 8:24am On Feb 26, 2017
Nice one op, but most HR do not read their mails.
Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 26, 2017
What if you were interviewed by a 8-man panel? Who do you message then?

2 Likes

Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by dearie(m): 8:42am On Feb 26, 2017
LorDBolton:

Bruv u lost out cos u didn't do 'enough' in the interview, not cos of some dumb email not sent #simple

These tips rarely work, believe me... to get ahead u need to establish a 'connection' with d interviewers + the chaperone (handlers) too.(if u paddy paddy the person well u could even exchange numbers)

I.e the interviewer should 'remember' you, this is achieved by being relaxed yet professional not rigid like someone holding poop
grin

Example: I met someone & while gisting about an interview we had with a particular top 4 nigerian bank (at different periods) he exclaimed chaii that woman tough o, and I was like she's alright... we shared laughs and even talked family...he was stunned cos he didn't cross over n complained she kept hammering him tough Q's.

when leaving I always say 'thank you ma, thank you sir, enjoy the rest of your day / have a good day.

I also try to add some comedy when answering Q's, not straight forward q's so as to break the ice... trust me if u can get ur panel members laughing Ehn!

They'll even forget about the tough Q's or pardon any mistakes u make u make when answering.

in interviews you need one of or both these two things:
1- high intellect or 2- loving personality

Why? Cos interviews are all subjective.

Stop beating yourself up bruv

You are on point.

Especially being at ease with a good sense of humour and making the interviewers laff but not laffing off your stupidity o.

Please also try looking good, smiling often and appear composed.

The truth is the most brilliant person doesn't always get picked but the best conversationalist does. So learn communication skills to boost your chances.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by LorDBolton(m): 8:49am On Feb 26, 2017
dearie:

You are on point.

Especially being at ease with a good sense of humour and making the interviewers laff but not laffing off your stupidity o.

Please also try looking good, smiling often and appear composed.

The truth is the most brilliant person doesn't always get picked but the best conversationalist does. So learn communication skills to boost your chances.

Lols, Nice additions bruv... especially the emboldened

B4 people go interview dey form bovi abi basketmouth for there cheesy grin

Looking good is good business... can't be emphasized enough.
Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by correctyourself(m): 8:56am On Feb 26, 2017
No need of writing note, just say it right there, when I got my job that was what I did immediately after the last question I stood up and thank them for the opportunity they gave me to attend the interview, three days later they called me for the job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by MrGreenMavro: 9:05am On Feb 26, 2017
f you're thinking of giving up, just take a look on the hair around your anus. Despite the condition of their environment they still grow. Don't give up.
Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by Mememan: 9:10am On Feb 26, 2017
U try
Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 26, 2017
grin or you can attach a special white envelope
Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 26, 2017
grin or you can attach a special white envelope.. Remember action speaks louder than voice
Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by Laxy009(m): 9:22am On Feb 26, 2017
Nice one
Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by Soljaboi44(m): 9:25am On Feb 26, 2017
Jhux say..
Nagode sosai!!

Zhatis all cool
Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 26, 2017
This is the biggest crap I've read about getting a job. Thank you letters won't do jack for you!

You need to realize that organizations would rather beg qualified people who they believe can add value to their establishment than to employ on the basis of pitiful politeness.

My advice to any Job seeker out there is for you to have enough qualifications, keep developing yourself and make sure you never appear too desperate when looking for a job. Recruiters are psychologists, be smart.
Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by yankidelta(m): 10:13am On Feb 26, 2017
Omo abeg leave courtesy joor. Why thank them for what I ain't sure of?
Re: How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview by RGem(f): 10:22am On Feb 26, 2017
Most of these job write ups are not applicable in Nigeria.

Where's the job in the first place.?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

N-Power: How To Check Your Shortlising/selection Status Using *45665# / Graduate Begs For N18,000 Job On Facebook / Apply For Dangote Group Latest Job Recruitment (3 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.