Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,452 members, 7,781,307 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:10 PM

Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language (5893 Views)

Here Is The Transcript Of The Anti-igbo Song In Hausa Language Now In Circulatio / Audio & Transcript Of Anti-Igbo Song In Hausa Language Now In Circulation / Yoruba Becomes Second Official Language After French In Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by kelechi17(m): 6:33am On Feb 27, 2017
kabrud:
It did not just start yesterday, it has been there. Stop making it look new.
so nw you agree Nigeria is your grandfathers estate ? so d oda tribes should learn Hausa abi ..this country is jus sick

1 Like

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by furrr(m): 6:46am On Feb 27, 2017
There are so many trouble minded people on niaraland...

The person saying hausa language is the official language of the military is lying

The military script everything in English language I know because I am one of them

The only difference being in informal setting a hausa man prefers to speak hausa to his hausa speaking comrades in hausa language

And whose fault is that, if your tribe embrace English at the expence of your indigenous language

The truth is hausa unlike most Nigerian tribes regard their language in high esteem

Even kano house of representative conduct their affairs in hausa language

The governor speaks hausa language when giving a speech to his people, he only speaks English to visitors that can't speak hausa language

Even a professor in English language speak hausa to his hausa speaking colleagues and to his family we only speak English only when necessary [Officially]

There is growing call in kano, katsina, jigawa to make hausa the language of instruction in schools and teach English only as a language subject..

And ps.... most developed countries in the world eg China, Japan, UK, France, Germany, Russia, usa, south Korea, etc speak their indigenous language

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by Nobody: 6:47am On Feb 27, 2017
Usually, I don't respond to posts like these, because they usually end up in tribal flame wars, but a little history for those who are interested.

The Nigerian Armed Forces grew out of what used to be called the RWAFF, which was in turn formed from various British armed forces, inculding the Royal Niger Company. The lingua franca there was Hausa.

That of course, does not mean that all the troops there were Hausa. Most of them were proabaly Middle Belters , with some actual Hausas there. And they were not there to "serve islamist ideologies''....considering the fact that this was the milltary force that crushed the Fulani Caliphate, and sent an Emir and thousands of his followers in exile to what is now Sudan (one of the strange episodes of Nigerian history).

Since then Hausa has been used in our Armed Forces. Mind...not for official documents, or official communications, and most , if not all of the officer cadre are fluent in English (considering the kind of high academic standards needed to enter NDA, even for them Northerners).

Also, just because someone speaks Hausa does not mean the person is Hausa.. The Army also has a high proportion of Middle Belters...most of whom are from dispartate tribes, a good number of whom are Christians, and a good number of whom use Hausa as a means of communication. Up North, there are even churches that conduct services in Hausa for a congregration made up of middle belt people who of course are not native Hausa speakers.

In fact, looking at the video....I won't be surprised if most of the soldiers there are not even Christian

But that is besides the point. I guess that what we can take away from the video is the need to conduct literacy classes in English for Nigerian Army recrutis. The fact is, many schools in our rural areas , from which the average recruit comes from, are poorly equiped, lack enough qualifed teachers, and are poorly resourced. Hence , most students graduate with a poor knowledge of English. In my opinion, the Army education department should spend more money making sure its students communicate fluently in English....via adult literacy classes (Which leads me to another problem we have in Nigeria....of not having enough adult literacy teachers).

P.S: These are just my random thoughts on the matter. The real problem here is the massive competition between Nigerian tribes and religions for the national cake....the elephant in the room.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by acenazt: 6:48am On Feb 27, 2017
KINGwax007:
stop these lies abeg...
because people speak Hausaa within themselves makes it a must that u must learn it? Instructions are no given in Hausa language, abeg...lie small small na
this Baba Dont U Go Calling People Liars. Am I Responsible For Ur Painment?. The Commands In A Parade Are Given In English But When You Are In Rome You Should Act Like A Roman. I Cannot Be Posted 2 Anambra,and Spend A Year Or More Without Learning The Igbo Language.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 27, 2017
furrr:

The person saying hausa language is the official language of the military is lying

The military script everything in English language I know because I am one of them

The only difference being in informal setting a hausa man prefers to speak hausa to his hausa speaking comrades in hausa language

And whose fault is that, if your tribe embrace English at the expence of your indigenous language

The truth is hausa unlike most Nigerian tribes regard their language in high esteem

The governor speaks hausa language when giving a speech to his people, he only speaks English to visitors that can't speak hausa language

Even a professor in English language speak hausa to his hausa speaking colleagues and to his family we only speak English only when necessary [Officially]

There is growing call in kano, katsina, jigawa to make hausa the language of instruction in schools and teach English only as a language subject..

And ps.... most developed countries in the world eg China, Japan, UK, France, Germany, Russia, usa, south Korea, etc speak their indigenous language

Your point is taken, but still....it would be good if official millitary activites like the one depicted in the OP's video are conducted in English in the Nigerian setting.

And sadly, we cannot use indigenous languages in our Armed forces like CHina and Japan,etc....forobvious reasons (Which one of the 350 languages are we going to use? And we are not fortunate like Tanzania to have a 'neutral African language' like Swahilli)

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by furrr(m): 7:03am On Feb 27, 2017
9jakohai:

Your point is taken, but still....it would be good if official millitary activites like the one depicted in the OP's video are conducted in English in the Nigerian setting.

And sadly, we cannot use indigenous languages in our Armed forces like CHina and Japan,etc....forobvious reasons (Which one of the 350 languages are we going to use? And we are not fortunate like Tanzania to have a 'neutral African language' like Swahilli)

I respect your maturity... and calm.

I just watched the video from another thread

And this is not even an official parade

Judging from the comments made in the baground by other soldiers

This is just a bunch of soldiers killing time and probably playing a game to see if you can command a parade in hausa language...

Those comment are meant to cause friction between people and I bet the op is not in the military

And like I said English remain the official language of the military and Nigeria at large ...

6 Likes

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 27, 2017
Omudia:
This is the sole reason why you northerners are hated everywhere. Your statement is devoid of common sense and it is rather unfortunate that sensible well meaning Nigerians share the same national space with your ilk.

Trash. Carry on with your hate. Divide the country if you can.

Hausa is made the official language of the military in a country where English is the Official language and where native Hausa speakers dont even account for up to a third of the entire population and youre gloating over the news instead of condemning it?

Hausa whether you like it or not is Nigeria's most popular language. Teach your language to others or helplessly watch Hausa take over all corners of this country and there is nothing you can do about it.

Condemned what? Who made Hausa language of the Barack? Go and ask Obasanjo and other southern military to condemn it first.

If you're not supporting Islamic jihad against Christians, you're supporting the abduction of Christian girls by Muslims. They must've made kunu with your cerebral fluid.

May the God of Abraham punish you, if you're unable to show proof.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by SIRmanjar(m): 7:21am On Feb 27, 2017
yarimo:
what do you mean by WE?
We asin i ad my fellow detribalised progressivz..why u and ur born to rule crew come here dey yarn dust?
Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by malton: 8:21am On Feb 27, 2017
Omudia:
This is the sole reason why you northerners are hated everywhere. Your statement is devoid of common sense and it is rather unfortunate that sensible well meaning Nigerians share the same national space with your ilk.

Hausa is made the official language of the military in a country where English is the Official language and where native Hausa speakers dont even account for up to a third of the entire population and youre gloating over the news instead of condemning it?

If you're not supporting Islamic jihad against Christians, you're supporting the abduction of Christian girls by Muslims. They must've made kunu with your cerebral fluid.

Sometimes, I wonder if the average Hausa person has a non-fluent aphasia.

They always drop bombshells whenever they speak.

They are tactless in speech as they are in relationships.

They've set the country on the wrong foot a lot of times, no thanks to their thoughtless utterances.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by ionsman: 8:37am On Feb 27, 2017
In every gathering of road safety officials, 80% percent always turn out to be Igbos....What do we do about this?

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by idu1(m): 8:43am On Feb 27, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Bro u sure say u well?we are discussing sumtin serious dat affects all south u are here calling ipob.
How is this affecting your south?

1 Like

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by bantudra: 8:43am On Feb 27, 2017
and who told una all those carrying guns are all hausa in the video??..

have you forgoting that the north is not only hausas??

what about the fulanis,tivs and many others..??..

you dont have to understand hausa to make those moves..

this are standard moves of the nigerian army...

1 Like

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by SIRmanjar(m): 8:48am On Feb 27, 2017
idu1:
How is this affecting your south?
English is our national language not hausa or arabic..
Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by bantudra: 8:52am On Feb 27, 2017
SIRmanjar:

abomination...english is not our national language..

we suggested pidgin english but you rejected...

you want english??...

migrate to europe!...

1 Like

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by SIRmanjar(m): 8:56am On Feb 27, 2017
bantudra:

abomination...english is not our national language..

we suggested pidgin english but you rejected...

you want english??...

migrate to europe!...

Ok I get u now?Hausa is our official language..If dey use yoruba or ibo to address Nigerianz in a national gathering how will u feel??U need to relocate to Niger Sir.
Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by dragonking3: 9:16am On Feb 27, 2017
Lalasticlala food is ready
Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by saniboy(m): 9:23am On Feb 27, 2017
Well the reason y d Nigerian army speak hausa is because most of d training they went thru is in d northern part of nigeria....i think learning and speaking hausa language is a personal thing they do...the Nigerian army cannot use hausa language for official business...that is my thought abt it

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by idu1(m): 9:51am On Feb 27, 2017
SIRmanjar:

so what do you want to do about it?
Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:20am On Feb 27, 2017
furrr:

I respect your maturity... and calm.

I just watched the video from another thread

And this is not even an official parade

Judging from the comments made in the baground by other soldiers

This is just a bunch of soldiers killing time and probably playing a game to see if you can command a parade in hausa language...

Those comment are meant to cause friction between people and I bet the op is not in the military

And like I said English remain the official language of the military and Nigeria at large ...

I also watched the video clip and what immediately became apparent to me was the feeling that the clip was likely a scene from a Hausa movie or at best some northern soldiers fooling around among themselves; though I am more inclined to believe the former because their movement, especially of the parade commander, did not appear all that professional but rather amateurish as if by an actor not well honed in military parade.

What is most amusing is how many of these Igbos youths are almost having seizures and heart attacks over a small minor issue like this - LOL, cheesy grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by timecapsule: 10:51am On Feb 27, 2017
Those that believe that there is ONE NIGERIA should tell me where their tribe has fit in nigeria. As nigerian army official language is now hausa even their LOGO is in arabic. Are they now the new colonial masters of other tribes?

1 Like

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by KingGBsky(m): 11:03am On Feb 27, 2017
The sound of WAR looms everywhere. Be Prepared!
Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by truefact: 11:22am On Feb 27, 2017
kabrud:

The army that chased the coward wearing skirt and blouse. The same army that decimated the ambition of over 5million Jews by sacrificing over 3 millions of them. That is the army I'm talking about. ****
Don't deceive yourself., I know you are a quota system brought up... it is British and russian army that overpower the biafran army...biafran army dealt a heavy blow to nigerian army, about the 3 millions death, well, we can credit that to diabolical awolowo...not nigerian army
Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by nextprince: 12:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
truefact:

Don't deceive yourself., I know you are a quota system brought up... it is British and russian army that overpower the biafran army...biafran army dealt a heavy blow to nigerian army, about the 3 millions death, well, we can credit that to diabolical awolowo...not nigerian army

And the Merit System brought-up cannot make a simple correct sentence. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by nextprince: 12:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
malton:

Sometimes, I wonder if the average Hausa person has a non-fluent aphasia.

They always drop bombshells whenever they speak.

They are tactless in speech as they are in relationships.

They've set the country on the wrong foot a lot of times, no thanks to their thoughtless utterances.

Just like this one who doesn't even know the website of the organisation in which he held a very big stake.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by SIRmanjar(m): 1:05pm On Feb 27, 2017
idu1:
so what do you want to do about it?
Take action. cool
Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by SIRmanjar(m): 1:12pm On Feb 27, 2017
FriendChoice:

Trash. Carry on with your hate. Divide the country if you can.

Hausa whether you like it or not is Nigeria's most popular language. Teach your language to others or helplessly watch Hausa take over all corners of this country and there is nothing you can do about it.

Condemned what? Who made Hausa language of the Barack? Go and ask Obasanjo and other southern military to condemn it first.

May the God of Abraham punish you, if you're unable to show proof.
Wot did u drink?Hausa most popular language in which country?wot do u mean teach hausa language or watch it take over?OVER where exactly?U ar very funny oo
Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by SIRmanjar(m): 1:18pm On Feb 27, 2017
furrr:

My frend speak ur hausa at home or where only ur fellow hausas gather,don't speak it in a wazobian gathering..Simple
Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by meccuno: 1:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
cheruv:
I think we should form a southern army where English would be spoken,since the army which is supposed to be a model of unity has now been reduced to an appendage of the North.
Deamalgamate Nigeria now!!!!
i think we should divide and everybody should go in peace..........the essence of a united country is that everybody has to make sacrifices. if you feel that you are tired of using the generally accepted norm then we should call it quits....its not by force to be Nigerians and a country with strange bed fellows
Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by kuuljay(m): 1:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
If you understand Hausa language you will know that this parade is apiece of drama,not a real parade,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by bantudra: 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Ok I get u now?Hausa is our official language..If dey use yoruba or ibo to address Nigerianz in a national gathering how will u feel??U need to relocate to Niger Sir.

dont confuse yoursef..

even if you say it in igbo,i would still able to make those moves...those are standard nigerian army moves...
Re: Hausa Language Now Nigerias Military Official Language by bantudra: 3:41pm On Feb 27, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

I also watched the video clip and what immediately became apparent to me was the feeling that the clip was likely a scene from a Hausa movie or at best some northern soldiers fooling around among themselves; though I am more inclined to believe the former because their movement, especially of the parade commander, did not appear all that professional but rather amateurish as if by an actor not well honed in military parade.

What is most amusing is how many of these Igbos youths are almost having seizures and heart attacks over a small minor issue like this - LOL, cheesy grin

they have paranoia because of islam... grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Makinde’s Govt Will Not Renege On Our Electioneering Promises – Olaniyan / Seun Turns A Living Legend As Nairaland Trends Worldwide On Twitter - Top Tweets / Picture: Why This Idiot Must Be Arrested Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.