Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,261 members, 7,780,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:49 PM

Warning To All Job Seekers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Warning To All Job Seekers (16708 Views)

Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted / Man Narrates How He Disqualified 3 Job Seekers For Not Having PVC / Warning To All Employed People Applying For N-Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning To All Job Seekers by ogedanny: 10:47pm On Feb 26, 2017
From my inbox

Amanda,Greetings from Lagos.pls help me share cos I know most of your followers are here in Lagos. its God that
saved me yesterday.I applied for a job via Jiji on Monday, on Wednesday I was called for interview in Maryland Lagos.I got to Maryland took a bike to the location for the interview. When I got to the lonely building in mende there in Maryland, Okada dropped me and left, no one to ask a question, I called the number that was attached to the message of interview to tell him I'm at the venue, he picked and said his men are downstairs, I looked around and saw two men, the looks on their faces was not funny.They asked me to open the message for them to see, I opened it, after Reading they said I belong to room one, that I should switch off my phone b4 climbing the stairs, I told them I'm not expecting any call, they said its compulsory.I asked them how long the interview will last and they said 3 to 4hrs, I was tired. I told them to give me a minute let me inform my pple that I won't be hD
me early as I told them, l went towards the gate to call my sister, as I was answering the call two men came down making them four, they started shouting on me that I'm wasting their time that is like I'm not ready for the job.As this was happening a guy from no where came behind me all I heard was "my case is different "and I said so is mine.

He said he saw the winners bangle I was wearing that I should meet him outside the gate. I followed him, he asked what brought me here, I told him I came for an interview, he said I should thank my God that I saw him if not it will be a different story by evening.That I should leave the place immediately that the pple are using charms on pple. I thanked him and entered a bike that dropped one guy at the gate there and left. They called and called I no pick.This morning they sent a text that my interview has been rescheduled.Lets be vigilant with online Jobs I have not been myself since yesterday, have been on thoughts. But I thank God for saving cos I don't know what the story could have been. Family Pls let be careful OK. Luv u all.

Forwarded as recieved

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by TANKDESTROYER(m): 10:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
true talk.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by LarryBeryl(m): 11:02pm On Feb 26, 2017
I was there on Friday but my location was different, mine was in yaba after 3hrs nonsense talk I left........

9 Likes

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by ipobarecriminals: 11:05pm On Feb 26, 2017
sad .Ur case is different ,i rejoice with u.Abeg,give us the building/house address,Area F isn't far

8 Likes

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by VickyRotex(f): 12:13am On Feb 27, 2017
Wow, this is scary!

Thank God for him/her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by WeNoGoDie(m): 4:20am On Feb 27, 2017
The Op ogedanny, if this story is true what stops the fellow that had this encounter from exposing the names and address of this organization to the police, EFCC and even on this forum so the place will be raided and investigated and as well innocent lives will be saved from visiting there.

It will be suspicious and even pure wickedness if the supposed escape
victim refuses to expose this place.

I always get to hear stories like this but funny enough he names and addresses are never disclosed thereby encouraging the evil to continue.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by WeNoGoDie(m): 4:26am On Feb 27, 2017
Seun, lalasticlala or relevant mods, please front page to make jobseekers cautious.
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by hysteriabox(m): 7:07am On Feb 27, 2017
Did you say Mende Maryland? Thats the location on the text I got too. shocked Hmmm. Wonders!

But my question is the guy that helped u cos he saw winners bangle...so he helps ppl based on church affiliation? Cos if I had honored the text, and ur guy saw me, I most probably would not be wearing any church sticker...I can't help but imagine how he would have let me go in. Only God knows how many were taken simply because their "case was not different"..

Just saying

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by Barmmyshoes(f): 10:29am On Feb 27, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm. Thank God for your life oooo!!!!

Instead of looking for a job here and there, take your time to go and learn a trade.

As for me ooo. I AM A FEMALE SHOEMAKER and instead of me to be looking for job, na people go work under me. Wish all job seekers all the best in their job hunting.

Check my signature for your stylish and quality footwears.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by bignero: 10:30am On Feb 27, 2017
angry

i saw this on whatsapp....thanks for sharig

but please those that got the mail should mail the original poster that he/she should also foward the interview invite as well as the numbers of the senders and the adress, so that it can be fowarded to the securuity agencies, or esle this publicity just aided them to escape or change tactics

1 Like

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by kingthreat(m): 10:30am On Feb 27, 2017
Good one. But one thing I'm sure of is that this didn't happen in Mende. Mende is a small residential area and is not that deserted for something fishy like this to happen there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by Opistorincos(m): 10:32am On Feb 27, 2017
All these job scams eh

I dey fear for the future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by ephi123(f): 10:33am On Feb 27, 2017
OP please provide full details. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 27, 2017
Thank God for u. But u should have alerted the applicant that brought the okada guy u fled with too,

4 Likes

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by gidimasters(m): 10:33am On Feb 27, 2017
Most of the jobs on are nothing but scam, gnld, consultants stuffs....

2 Likes

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by sod09(m): 10:35am On Feb 27, 2017
jiji again... way scammers full

2 Likes

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by tifany89(m): 10:37am On Feb 27, 2017
I don't believe this story one bit. So something as serious as this is happening n u cldnt go straight to the police to accompany u to the place? U were comfortable enough to allow others go in to meet their death as long as 'ur case is different '? Abeg tell us the d exact address of the building make we go raid am

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by ebuclassic18(m): 10:37am On Feb 27, 2017
WeNoGoDie:
The Op ogedanny, if this story is true what stops the fellow that had this encounter from exposing the names and address of this organization to the police, EFCC and even on this forum so the place will be raided and investigated and as well innocent lives will be saved from visiting there.

It will be suspicious and even pure wickedness if the supposed escape
victim refuses to expose this place.

I always get to hear stories like this but funny enough he names and addresses are never disclosed thereby encouraging the evil to continue.

thats why she is creating awareness as for location they don't ave one location
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by brosammy(m): 10:38am On Feb 27, 2017
Thank God for saving your life,the wicked people in this nation has turn every chances to avenue for carrying out their evil act,a situation like this also occurred in one of the state in the east where ten applicant went for an interview only one of them was fortunate to come back alive. May we never fall into wrong hand.
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by MrGreenMavro: 10:38am On Feb 27, 2017
shocked shocked shocked

Lesson learnt the hard way
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by advocatebaba(m): 10:38am On Feb 27, 2017
A gud msg to job seekers... But r sure d op is nt using diz to advertise d church he/she is attending 4news members 2worship there coz d said guy dat helped him/her could av reported d case to d appropriate authorities if wat e said is really true... IN BTW WE SHUD B CAREFUL ND VIGILANT

2 Likes

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 27, 2017
angry angry
So to save a fellow brother's life is now based on church affiliation.. Issokay.. Is it not Nigeria again.
The guy that passed you and went inside, his people no go hear different story about am abi.

5 Likes

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by smartkester(m): 10:39am On Feb 27, 2017
This should serve as a lesson for all you applying for jobs on JiJi..100% of those job adverts are fake, they use the salary range to entice people wake up my people don't be fooled.Legitimate job adverts comes directly from the company's website you applying to get job.

A WORD THEY SAY IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!!!

GBAM!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by Kennitrust(m): 10:40am On Feb 27, 2017
If this story is true, then, it mean that God has given u a life that no one can take grin
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by Bhol28: 10:43am On Feb 27, 2017
When u see an organisation always posting so many job vacancy online on daily basis you dont need to be told they are scammers or having another dubious intention.This JIJI stuff is obviously one of them.Beware

1 Like

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by nenergy(m): 10:43am On Feb 27, 2017
FAKE Story

Various versions of this story keeps springing up. Forwarded as received Sounds like a viral WhatsApp BC.

I laugh grin

Why not post the company, or job vacancy you applied for. Better still the address. If I were to escape something like this, I'm going to a media house first, then a police station. One cannot just keep quiet.

You thanked him and entered a bike that dropped one guy at the gate there and left. Without asking the guy if he too came for interview, so you could save him too?

Its always a church bangle, calendar, sticker or the pastors picture. The MOD fall my hand to push this to FP.

I agree that evil men use recruitments to perpetrate evil deeds and job seekers need to be cautious, but this particular story is FAKE!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by LordOfNaira: 10:44am On Feb 27, 2017
Barmmyshoes:
Hmmmmmmmm. Thank God for your life oooo!!!!

Instead of looking for a job here and there, take your time to go and learn a trade.

As for me ooo. I AM A FEMALE SHOEMAKER and instead of me to be looking for job, na people go work under me. Wish all job seekers all the best in their job hunting.

Check my signature for your stylish and quality footwears.

Wow!!!

Edumare bless the works of your hands!!! I do not merely respect, but have undying love for women like you. You must never be discouraged.

1 Like

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by Bhol28: 10:45am On Feb 27, 2017
smartkester:
This should serve as a lesson for all you applying for jobs on JiJi..100% of those job adverts are fake, they use the salary range to entice people wake up my people don't be fooled.Legitimate job adverts comes directly from the company's website you applying to get job.

GBAM!!!!!
Exactly
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by charles009(m): 10:50am On Feb 27, 2017
Mumu story, why would the mods push this poo to fp. You were fast to type a foolish epistle here, but forgot to report to appropriate authorities..

3 Likes

Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by nenergy(m): 10:50am On Feb 27, 2017
smartkester:

GBAM!!!!!
Not jiji, on all jobsite. These guys are getting smarter. Some no longer use gmail. They now have websites and custom emails. Due diligence is required at all times.
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by Wolfbrother(m): 10:54am On Feb 27, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
sad .Ur case is different ,i rejoice with u.Abeg,give us the building/house address,Area F isn't far

So all those ones that went, their case is not different
Re: Warning To All Job Seekers by GoldEnyong(m): 10:54am On Feb 27, 2017
It might not be true but it could make people more vigilant.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Foremost Indigenous Oil & Gas Company Fresh Job Recruitment (28 Positions) / Mutual Benefit Assurance PLC Test Invite / Cheapest Nebosh Certification In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.