Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering (19225 Views)

Queen Tardoo: First Lady To Study Aeronautical Engineering From Benue / UNILAG TV: First University TV Station In Nigeria Begins Operation On January 17 / Hauwa Umar Usman Graduates With 1st Class In Aeronautical Engineering From UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by sunmbo123(m): 10:33am On Feb 27, 2017
Dear University Community,

I am writing on two matters, one good news and the other terrible news. The NUC has formally written the Kwara State University approving the University's full mode of Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering (B. Eng.) degree program, and I must congratulate all our students and staff in Engineering, especially the department of aeronautical and astronautical engineering for their hard work and patience, that have led to this great success. By this news, KWASU has retained its record as the first-ever Nigerian University to institute a degree program in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering. Our dear students and staff can be proud of their University! We have formally submitted an invitation to NUC for accreditation as we are fully ready for the NUC accreditation.

On the sad news was the recent death, on February 22, 2017, of a son of the HOD of the Department of Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering, Prof. S. Talabi. This is a very terrible story that has shaken the Department, the College and the entire campus, and we pray God Almighty to stand by Prof. Talabi, console him and strengthen him, and forgive the son and make him a child of Paradise. Please feel free all to sympathize with and console Prof. Talabi on this sorrow. It is from God that we all came and to Him we shall all return.

Dear University Community, I must seize this opportunity to express my heart-felt gratitude to all from this great community who sent me congratulatory messages on being asked to give the 2017 Nigerian Academy of Letters (NAL) lecture, jointly organized by NAL and the National Universities Commission, and which I delivered at the Idris AbdulKadir Hall, National Universities Commission (NUC), Abuja, on February 23, 2017. I thank everyone in KWASU that worked towards the success of the lecture.

KWASU Chancellor, His Excellency, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari sent a representative to the lecture and so was the Governing Council of this University. The Kwara State Commissioner for Tertiary Education, KWASU Registrar and his family, Humanities, Management and Social Sciences Provost and Academic Coordinator, Dean, School of Post Graduate Studies, Director, Kwara State University Press and his staff, Protocol Officer Hakeem Alohunmata, VC's PA, AbdulKadir AbdulKareem of the Electrical Unit of the Works Department, KWASU Drivers Coordinator, UR Staff Alawo, and many more from KWASU, all attended.

The overwhelming kind messages and solidarity that I continue to receive from you all too numerous to list here are indication of your generosity and love. Without question, the honor for this lecture belongs to our dear University and to all of you!

I look forward to seeing you all on campus!

All my best wishes,

Abdul-Rasheed

__
Prof. AbdulRasheed Na'Allah, PhD (Alberta)
Vice Chancellor and Chief Executive
Kwara State University, Malete
P.M.B 1530
Ilorin, Kwara State
Nigeria

Email Address: abdulrasheed.naallah@kwasu.edu.ng
Phone: +2348062650613

4 Likes

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by princecool29(m): 10:46am On Feb 27, 2017
This is interesting!

3 Likes

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by SEEDORF441(m): 10:54am On Feb 27, 2017
I smell front page, but d school fees of d school is too much 200k for non indigene.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by Lifestone(m): 10:56am On Feb 27, 2017
Congrats to them. With Ilorin college of aviation having about 10 flight training aircrafts, Kwara State seems to be plotting to become dominant player in aviation manpower development. Kudos to them.

10 Likes

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by seanwilliam(m): 11:39am On Feb 27, 2017
Quality news, lemme move't to frontpage....

Where are oau,ui,unilag,unilorin Haa, kwasu!!

1 Like

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by zoneboy: 12:02pm On Feb 27, 2017
Great kwasuite.

3 Likes

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by lampard01(m): 12:02pm On Feb 27, 2017
Some people go dey happy like that.

1 Like

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by soath(m): 12:03pm On Feb 27, 2017
Where learning will be theoretical till graduation.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by coolshegs10(m): 12:03pm On Feb 27, 2017
I don't know whether I should celebrate or bash them, congratulations anyway.
Nevertheless, I'll still speak my mind.
So out of all the universities in Nigeria, Kwasu was the only one fit to house this course? Mere looking at the university's poor infrastructures, one would deduce that they are yet to get the fundamental equipments they need to kick off.
Why should this even bother me, when the self-acclaimed engineering students in my school are yet to start any practical.

When will Nigeria be great?

2 Likes

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by Amhappy(f): 12:04pm On Feb 27, 2017
Great news

1 Like

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by INTERMAN: 12:04pm On Feb 27, 2017
Kwasu kor kwashiorkor ni

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by abdolleez(m): 12:05pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by LAFO: 12:05pm On Feb 27, 2017
You saw it coming

lampard01:
Some people go dey happy like that.

Here is one of them

INTERMAN:
Kwasu kor kwashiorkor ni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by erico2k2(m): 12:06pm On Feb 27, 2017
sunmbo123:

I am writing on two matters, one good news and the other terrible news. The NUC has formally written the Kwara State University approving the University's full mode of Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering (B. Eng.) degree program, and I must congratulate all our students and staff in Engineering, especially the department of aeronautical and astronautical engineering for their hard work and patience, that have led to this great success. By this news, KWASU has retained its record as the first-ever Nigerian University to institute a degree program in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering. Our dear students and staff can be proud of their University! We have formally submitted an invitation to NUC for accreditation as we are fully ready for the NUC accreditation.

On the sad news was the recent death, on February 22, 2017, of a son of the HOD of the Department of Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering, Prof. S. Talabi. This is a very terrible story that has shaken the Department, the College and the entire campus, and we pray God Almighty to stand by Prof. Talabi, console him and strengthen him, and forgive the son and make him a child of Paradise. Please feel free all to sympathize with and console Prof. Talabi on this sorrow. It is from God that we all came and to Him we shall all return.

Dear University Community, I must seize this opportunity to express my heart-felt gratitude to all from this great community who sent me congratulatory messages on being asked to give the 2017 Nigerian Academy of Letters (NAL) lecture, jointly organized by NAL and the National Universities Commission, and which I delivered at the Idris AbdulKadir Hall, National Universities Commission (NUC), Abuja, on February 23, 2017. I thank everyone in KWASU that worked towards the success of the lecture.

KWASU Chancellor, His Excellency, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari sent a representative to the lecture and so was the Governing Council of this University. The Kwara State Commissioner for Tertiary Education, KWASU Registrar and his family, Humanities, Management and Social Sciences Provost and Academic Coordinator, Dean, School of Post Graduate Studies, Director, Kwara State University Press and his staff, Protocol Officer Hakeem Alohunmata, VC's PA, AbdulKadir AbdulKareem of the Electrical Unit of the Works Department, KWASU Drivers Coordinator, UR Staff Alawo, and many more from KWASU, all attended.

The overwhelming kind messages and solidarity that I continue to receive from you all too numerous to list here are indication of your generosity and love. Without question, the honor for this lecture belongs to our dear University and to all of you!

All my best wishes,

Abdul-Rasheed

__
P.M.B 1530
Ilorin, Kwara State
Nigeria

Phone: +2348062650613
This is soo good
I hope the spend half of the course work time on the hangers rather than classrooms .

1 Like

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by mykelmeezy: 12:07pm On Feb 27, 2017
hmmnnnnn cool

they should shar produce quality engineer n not quacks

1 Like

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by leokennedi(m): 12:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
I hope the students will be well grounded, cos aeronautics no be bobo juice.
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by janefarms2015: 12:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
Vice chancellor/ Chief Executive
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
grin grin grin grin

20years too late for me...

GD!
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by DWJOBScom(m): 12:11pm On Feb 27, 2017
Great news in the midst of alot of despair

Well am not surprise they have always championed a lot of innovations in the field of education

Am proud of you guys

God bless the authorities involved

1 Like

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by burkingx(f): 12:12pm On Feb 27, 2017
grin

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by Collins4u1(m): 12:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
erico2k2:

This is soo good
I hope the spend half of the course work time on the hangers rather than classrooms .

must you quote this long post, you must have a pHD in littering.
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by Bimpe29: 12:15pm On Feb 27, 2017
Good to know. Keep it up KWASU.

1 Like

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by jeeqaa7(m): 12:15pm On Feb 27, 2017
saraki at work ... #justjoking
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by mu2sa2: 12:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
Two things baffle me about this state-owned university -i) high fees even though nothing spectacular about the institution, ii) the name - changed to Abubakar Sola Saraki University, but everybody still calls it Kwasu( maybe a quiet protest).
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
Its threads like this that shows you how low the Nigerian youths have fallen. If na tonto bo*bs or bbnaija crap, the comments & viewership go reach hundreds & thousands respectively.

ALL IN LESS THAN 60 MINUTES

2 Likes

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by Gassa007: 12:25pm On Feb 27, 2017
soath:
Where learning will be theoretical till graduation.
Hater Aye!
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by Abdulazeez007(m): 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
coolshegs10:
So out of all the universities in Nigeria, Kwasu was the only one fit to house this course? Mere looking at the university's poor infrastructures, one would deduce that they are yet to get the fundamental equipments they need to kick off.
Why should this even bother me, when the self-acclaimed engineering students in my school are yet to start any practical.

poor infrastructures?
kai if yu dont know, dont pretend yu do.

2 Likes

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by Bullet01(f): 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
sunmbo123:

All my best wishes,

Abdul-Rasheed

__
P.M.B 1530
Ilorin, Kwara State
Nigeria

Phone: +23480*********

Please remove his phone number. Congratulations to him and the entire staff of KWASU. More grace
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by Gassa007: 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
coolshegs10:

Hater spotted! Because it is not your Fed Unis fa?
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by erico2k2(m): 12:31pm On Feb 27, 2017
Collins4u1:

must you quote this long post, you must have a pHD in littering.
I actually have a PHD . I took time to read the whole post unlike your sorry Azzz

1 Like

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by femi4: 12:38pm On Feb 27, 2017
erico2k2:

I actually have a PHD . I took time to read the whole post unlike your sorry Azzz
Is that how "PHD" is written? What a disgrace!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Assu Strike / Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola Commissions Scholar Buses In Osun (Pictures attached) / 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.