Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle (27097 Views)

Question On Tint Permit / Online Police Tint Permit / 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by AutoJoshNG: 10:46am On Feb 27, 2017
First Method
This is the legal and most advisable process. In this process, you have to visit the police website (www.npf.gov.ng).. fill and download the application form or visit a police command office to pick up the necessary application forms. This method is free but expect to pay a few bucks here and there.

See the process below.

-Visit the Nigeria Police Force website.
-Click “tinted permit” under quick links.
-Fill the application form on the right side to obtain an application ID.
-In order to complete the application process, login with your email and the application ID given to you.
-Fill the Bio-Data form and provide the details of the vehicle you want to obtain a tint permit for.
-Take the print-out to any police command for barcode verification, capture your biometrics and collect you tint permit certificate.

Second Method
You can use a trusted agent who could charge average of 10k to do the entire process on your behalf. Several Nigerians tend to prefer this method due to time constraint.

How did you process your tint permit?

https://autojosh.com/tint-permit/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by princemillla(m): 12:04pm On Feb 27, 2017
Still waiting to get mine done by third party agent... Cheaper one at that...
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by jarkbauer: 12:19pm On Feb 27, 2017
I followed the ways outlined here

https://www.nairaland.com/2969737/how-process-car-tinted-permit

in nigeria its called tinted glass permit not tint permit
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by jeeqaa7(m): 12:20pm On Feb 27, 2017
ok
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by Olalekanbanky1(m): 12:20pm On Feb 27, 2017
Help us beg fayose to pay areas in ekiti abeg... Na we vote for him and not PDP governors forum..
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by Rexhenrex(m): 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
lovely the second method is what I am considering sha

1 Like

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by akandry: 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
When I buy my car will tell you how I did mine

Baba God na sign to answer my prayer be this so I fit they tell people how I do my own process

7 Likes

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by MissNairaland1: 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
shocked
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by Riddler32: 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
First Method
This is the legal and most advisable process. In this process, you have to visit the police website (www.npf.gov.ng).. fill and download the application form or visit a police command office to pick up the necessary application forms. This method is free but expect to pay a few bucks here and there.

See the process below.

-Visit the Nigeria Police Force website.
-Click “tinted permit” under quick links.
-Fill the application form on the right side to obtain an application ID.
-In order to complete the application process, login with your email and the application ID given to you.
-Fill the Bio-Data form and provide the details of the vehicle you want to obtain a tint permit for.
-Take the print-out to any police command for barcode verification, capture your biometrics and collect you tint permit certificate.

Second Method
You can use a trusted agent who could charge average of 10k to do the entire process on your behalf. Several Nigerians tend to prefer this method due to time constraint.

How did you process your tint permit?

https://autojosh.com/tint-permit/

Autojosh, na weststar you dey work?
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by iDROID: 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hmmm. Time to get my car tinted then!
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by Nutase: 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
Method 1 is for people who just paid for the car and it is about to be shipped.
Method 2 is for people whose car has arrived and wan to start using it without harassment immediately
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by RichDad1(m): 12:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
Just when im contemplating on getting this .....lilol
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by Abdulazeez007(m): 12:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
both methods isnt that easy. despite the application, trust the polis officers..........
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by tiswell(m): 12:24pm On Feb 27, 2017
We are the best of men''we need no protocol to tint our car glasses

1 Like

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by crestedaguiyi: 12:25pm On Feb 27, 2017
i paid 10k to an agent who did it within 48 hours here in ph,

am yet to be called for biometric capture .same with a lot other guys .

remember you need to snap pics of the full car with front and back plate number showing clearly.

the 2 pics is to be attached to the application leteer written and signed by u .
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by 0b10010011: 12:25pm On Feb 27, 2017
Olalekanbanky1:
Help us beg fayose to pay areas in ekiti abeg... Na we vote for him and not PDP governors forum..

grin grin grin
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by amiibaby(f): 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
thank u OP its very informative
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nutase:
Method 1 is for people who just paid for the car and it is about to be shipped.
Method 2 is for people whose car has arrived and wan to start using it without harassment immediately

Hmmmmmm

Good to know
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by Ayo25: 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
For your genuine and affordable Motor Vehicle Insurance call AYO on 08038542960 or visit visit Lagos Vehicle inspection Service, Wharf Zone.
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by SWORD419(m): 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2017
okay ioo
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by kimond101: 12:30pm On Feb 27, 2017
Police stopped me around Ikeja asking me for my tint permit. I confidently gave them the tint permit letter I got from the police office in Obalende.
Only to be informed that there's a new tint permit in town. That's how she told me to open the door and follow her to their station.

1 Like

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by AutoJoshNG: 12:30pm On Feb 27, 2017
Riddler32:

Autojosh, na weststar you dey work?

Nope. Was there for an event.
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by FunmyKemmy(f): 12:30pm On Feb 27, 2017
great tips.
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by Donald7610: 12:35pm On Feb 27, 2017
I got mine through 3rd agent
Faster
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by Riddler32: 12:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
AutoJoshNG:

Nope. Was there for an event.

Maybe our path crossed.
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by mykelmeezy: 12:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
have a soldier as ur driver simple

dem no go stop you

2 Likes

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by Dymo: 12:39pm On Feb 27, 2017
kimond101:
Police stopped me around Ikeja asking me for my tint permit. I confidently gave them the tint permit letter I got from the police office in Obalende.
Only to be informed that there's a new tint permit in town. That's how she told me to open the door and follow her to their station.

You could have insisted on your ground, the previous tint permit is not invalid

Have been stopped a couple of times and they ranting abt my permit being old, i told them pointblank it was hogwash and no IG invalidated the previous tint permit

1 Like

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by obillyj(f): 12:43pm On Feb 27, 2017
Please op am i to take the print out to any police office or must it be at a police headquarters? Reason i asked is that someone told me that it must be at police headquarters at Ikeja. secondly, how long will it take for me to do the capture, biometrics and get the original copy? thanks
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by 3seriez(m): 12:48pm On Feb 27, 2017
Did the 10k option. Faster and easier. No hassles..
Got it in 3dayz.
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by oluseyiforjesus(m): 12:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
Is not as easy as d op is sounding oooo. Dos police will frustrate you eh
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by chinebu(m): 12:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
Ok
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 27, 2017
I don't know why they keep making cars with tinted glasses, wasnt like that before.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peugeot 508: The Beauty Nigerians Deserve. / 2018 Range Rover Velar Revealed / 28 Toyota Trim Level Acronyms And What They Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.