Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,844 members, 7,806,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) (25687 Views)

Lady Sent Out Of A Church Wedding For Wearing Trousers / Photos From A Ugandan Mass Wedding As 200 Brides Wed / Lady Causes A Stir At Wedding For Wearing Similar Gown With The Bride (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by thunderbabs: 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2017
darfay:
And they budgeted for that with no adequate budget for education. The distance between habokis and common senz ehn

After doing all my workings on a rough sheet, the distance btw abokis and common sense is

- 0.0001^

1 Like

Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 27, 2017
Mass Wedding??.
SMH!
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Omojudy: 1:42pm On Feb 27, 2017
CanadianNurse:
per person not per couple.....
Why una too like to focus on correction forget the main point? Anyway it was 1520 couples I saw in d post not 1520 people. Did you also cross check the maths before posting a correction?

1 Like

Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 27, 2017
rozayx5:
na wao

Lord Luggard you no try

look at what you joined us with, people who cant even feed themselves being pushed to marry and give birth to battalions of potential Boko Haram units

the North is still in the stone age
spits

If you can view your fellow country man this way, can you imagine the way the developed world western world specifically would view you? The African continent in general?
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 27, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

It's an oversight.
But eeeeh
Give yourself brain. Can't you make corrections without showing how childish you are
Mtcheeeew.

You think negative, thats why you're eager to crucify El-Rufai without reading the original post.

Kano was Mentioned 8 times in the original post and Kano state Governor Umar Abdullahi Ganduje was also mentioned.

But your eyes saw Kaduna and El-rufai because Christians were not included in the mass wedding.
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Adebowale89(m): 1:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
Keneking:
"Kano government paid N20,000 in dowry for each bride and donated to each couple room furniture set and other items."
How much does registration per couple cost?

-What about condoms?
- Foam companies don hammer
- When is the next batch?

Nigeria is so backward grin

POC *Northerners*
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by gbagyiza: 1:48pm On Feb 27, 2017
AdonaiRoofing:
Such a huge amount could have empowered thousands of youths in Kano state economically instead of wasting it on wedding for people who might not be able to feed themselves afterwards

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance etc

d governor is currently sponsoring about 200 youths in auto mechanic trade at peugeot automobile nigeria training centre kaduna.do i dont support d mass wedding looking a d sum from above...
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:50pm On Feb 27, 2017
FriendChoice:

You think negative, thats why you're eager to crucify El-Rufai without reading the original post.

Kano was Mentioned 8 times in the original post and Kano state Governor Umar Abdullahi Ganduje was also mentioned.

But your eyes saw Kaduna and El-rufai because Christians were not included in the mass wedding.
Maybe it's because hellrufai shares the same characteristics. This set of governors in the north are not carrying everyone along.

THEY ARE DIVISIVE which is not healthy for growth even in that state.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Abdulazeez007(m): 1:55pm On Feb 27, 2017
darfay:
And they budgeted for that with no adequate budget for education. The distance between habokis and common senz ehn
if dey get educated and no job, whats d essence?
isnt this better for them than fornicating and unwanted pregnancy?
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by princetom1(m): 1:56pm On Feb 27, 2017
This got me speechless, still in shock. I can't just phantom this. Every time i try to see anything positive in this, am sad bcoz there is none but negativity all over. Like seriously, when u look at the north most times, u don't wanna have anything to do with them. Yes, i know there are sensible ones among them just like u will see in any society but the general public in d north are just backward, backward
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by nextprince: 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2017
pappyshun:
Spend this money on education..Is education a taboo to this northerners?

See who is talking about education.

1 Like

Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by israelmao(m): 2:06pm On Feb 27, 2017
It's another way of increasing future voting population of the north because this will definitively lead to more childbirth,it's more of politics than just ordinary wedding.Most of the north leaders keep their followers in perpetual ignorance for polictical gain encouraging them to keep on breeding like rabbits in spite of abject poverty that is prevalent in the region.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by seguno2: 2:25pm On Feb 27, 2017
ephi123:
Imagine the ridiculousness shocked

N200mil works out to roughly 130k per person. What exactly was this spent on? Is this not another corruption?

Na wa for these Northern governors angry Of all the problems in the North, this is their priority, what a shame!!

I guess that it is easy to spend another person's money.
If their monthly federal allocation was from groundnut oil instead of Niger Delta oil, I doubt that they would spend and steal it senselessly like this. I doubt.
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
This is so disgusting, it stinks.
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by ephi123(f): 2:34pm On Feb 27, 2017
seguno2:

If their monthly federal allocation was from groundnut oil instead of Niger Delta oil, I doubt that they would spend and steal it senselessly like this. I doubt.

Exactly. Couldn't agree more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by ogundeleai(m): 2:36pm On Feb 27, 2017
Upon this headline, many in the south will still be asking how 2m votes were recorded in the state in the last general election
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by xamster(m): 2:40pm On Feb 27, 2017
hope they have money to fend for their kids when the time comes.
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by henrystevo11(m): 2:48pm On Feb 27, 2017
When dem talk say North no dey educated then go argue...most of them are living below $1 per day dem dey do mumu wedding
After wedding what next?? wetin pikin go chop?? numerous questions to be asked..Smh
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2017
ybalogs:
I hope they're provided with jobs too. HML.
Their jobs...making beds..shift
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by oluxy(m): 3:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
Lol
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by akigbemaru: 3:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
Mass wedding!
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 27, 2017
Mfkers including the Emir of Kano. Will the same government pay to raise their kids too.
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by nkemjacob2(m): 3:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
I thought nigeria is facing recession
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 27, 2017
these people are retards
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by abbaadamufan(m): 3:38pm On Feb 27, 2017
Lmao, this madness started during Kwankwaso's administration.

The genesis of the matter is:

You have a religiously conservative environment that frowns at free-mingling between people of the opposite sex if they're not married or family.

You have a state government that even though it may not say, is sympathetic to Maoism, the Chinese brand of Communism championed by Chairman Mao, which the Kano political pioneer, Aminu Kano followed; and by extension the previous Governor, Kwankwaso and his erstwhile deputy, the current governor adore as a result of their subscription to Aminu Kano's Maoist leanings.

Lastly, you have a society that prides itself with its numbers, a society that sees its over population and poverty not as problems but as something ordained by God, whom they resort to pleasing to improve their condition;×rather than work to improve such conditions.

Personally, I don't blame the people, I blame the government for not being creative enough in dashing people 200 million; the people (couple) just want relationships with people they love, or want financial assistance, plus given that they can't really freely have these relationships unpoliced by the state, they're just making do with what the crown has permitted them to.

Same thing happened in my state, Jigawa state, which is culturally similar to Kano, and it seems like the people are OK with it.

Which is really sad.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Ngokafor(f): 3:51pm On Feb 27, 2017
seguno2:

....You are spot on.

1 Like

Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
otitokoroleti:
Lord Lugard sef! am tired of sharing a country with this animal!
[s]
otitokoroleti:
[/s]
otitokoroleti:
see what is coming out from ur mouth... This shows u are nt better than them..
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Nukualofa: 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2017
FriendChoice:

Oga shut up and face the topic. You should be ashamed of this nonsense going on in the North
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by thebadmus(m): 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
Towncrier247:
The wedding which took place on Sunday, February 26th, was the first under Governor Umar Ganduje's administration.

At least 3,000 couples were screened before 1,520 were selected as first batch of the exercise, said the governor.

Wedding will be sponsored for the remaining couples in future, he added.

"We decided to make it in batches so that we will do everything diligently," he assured.

Kano government paid N20,000 in dowry for each bride and donated to each couple room furniture set and other items.

Emir of Kano, Mallam Muhammadu Sanusi commended Kano state government for sponsoring the mass wedding, saying the gesture would help less privileged.

Sanusi assured that the emirate council would continue to support any government's programme that would better up the lives of people of Kano.

Commander General of the Kano State Hisbah Board, Sheikh Aminu Ibrahim Daurawa, said according to the agreement entered between government and the grooms, nobody would divorce his wife without permission of Hisbah board.

The state Commissioner for Local Government, Murtala Sule Garo, said about N200m was spent for the mass wedding programme, with couples from each of the Kano’s 44 local government areas, unlike in previous mass weddings.

Garo explained that, government decentralized the programme with a view to empowering local carpenters who were contracted to make the funiture for the brides.

More photos below...

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2017/02/photos-kano-state-govt-spends-n200.html
. You people don't know that fed. Govt is compensating Kano and Katsina for being over populated... Hmmm many of the people that comment here have no travelling experience to the north... They are using them to Generate money for the state
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by brojoshua: 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
I think such an amount can be used to form businesses where at least the husbands can work and be getting salaries
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
Abeg, the first picture, are those brides or children of the brides
Re: Kano Government Spends N200M On Mass Wedding For 1,520 Couples (Photos) by alaskido(m): 4:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
So for North na the state government dey marry for men abi. Chai, see as our tax payers money dey miss road. Them no talk of building schools na to marry to born anyhow. Anyway I no blame them, Boko Haram don finish their population. In 2019 election them go still plenty pass us even as Boko kill them wella.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Kinds Of People You Will Always Find At 'Owambe' Parties In Nigeria. / We Have Dated For 10 Years: A Nairalander Celebrates His Fiancée On Her Birthday / It's My Birthday... Yeah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.