Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

See The Chicken They Served A Wedding Guest (Pictured) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Chicken They Served A Wedding Guest (Pictured) (84957 Views)

Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! / See What My Girl Friend Served Me For Lunch - Photos / I Was Served Groundnuts, Garden Egg, Coke, Sweet At A Wedding Today Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Chicken They Served A Wedding Guest (Pictured) by koolaid87: 5:23am On Feb 28, 2017
The last time I saw that was in prison break season 3 (Sona prison) grin
Re: See The Chicken They Served A Wedding Guest (Pictured) by seguntijan(m): 7:15am On Feb 28, 2017
*A CHAIRMAN'S SPEECH AT A WEDDING:* _(Mst Read Very Vital Words)
What is your priority - Your Wedding or your Marriage?
_ As the Chairman at the wedding reception and in line with my purpose, I told the audience a story of a friend who walked into my office few weeks after his wedding to borrow N20,000 for upkeep.
His wedding cost about N3 Million. Wedding is that one-day event; Marriage is that life-time experience. Would you prefer a fantastic wedding and a marriage full of financial frustration?
On the other hand, would you prefer a moderately priced wedding and a marriage where there is so much money to spend after buying the necessary items.
As an African thinker, I figured that the poverty in our society is induced by our insistence on impressing people that don’t care whether we exist or die.
My generation should consider the following:
1. At least 60% of attendees of Nigerian weddings are unknown to the couple. Guests wouldn’t even recognize couples on the street after the wedding, because there is no connection beyond the food and drinks.
2. Lower class and middle class weddings in Nigeria are largely financed by the entire savings of couples who must have worked for long hours with meager income for a period of three to five years and left to start their lives from scratch after this one-day event.
3. Our weddings are conducted under the impression that guest would present quality gifts to couples, but in end the, couples get plastics and kitchen utensils as if their entire life would be spent in the kitchen.
4. The society and family members can afford to sponsor the supply of drinks and food at weddings rather than sponsor business ideas that can sustain marriages of a couples for a lifetime.
5. We can put an end to financial frustration in marriages and domestic violence if the monies spent during weddings are diverted to help couples comfortably start their lives. Don’t let anyone put you under pressure! Anyone who insists on an elaborate wedding should provide the money.
‘Aso Ebi’ is not compulsory!(My mother and my family folks know that there is no mortal man living or dead, that can compel me to buy Aso Ebi) Bridal train is not by force! Groom’s men are not essential!
The most important memory of any wedding is the picture of the smiling couple, which is placed on the wall of every home.
This picture does not show the cost of renting the reception hall. It does not show the price of the cake or cost of decoration or the rented Limousine. It is better to monetize gifts for couples to decide what to do with it.
A monetary gift after a wedding is more valuable than before the wedding. The society should demonstrate genuine love for couples.
*If you can afford it, please ‘turn it up’! Otherwise, don’t let anyone put you under pressure*

2 Likes

Re: See The Chicken They Served A Wedding Guest (Pictured) by sfinkzslot(m): 10:49am On Feb 28, 2017
As the recession bites hard....

Re: See The Chicken They Served A Wedding Guest (Pictured) by AlphaStyles(m): 10:44am On Oct 03, 2018
LMAO grin
Re: See The Chicken They Served A Wedding Guest (Pictured) by anonymuz(m): 1:35am On Oct 04, 2018
seguntijan:
*A CHAIRMAN'S SPEECH AT A WEDDING:* _(Mst Read Very Vital Words)
What is your priority - Your Wedding or your Marriage?
_ As the Chairman at the wedding reception and in line with my purpose, I told the audience a story of a friend who walked into my office few weeks after his wedding to borrow N20,000 for upkeep.
His wedding cost about N3 Million. Wedding is that one-day event; Marriage is that life-time experience. Would you prefer a fantastic wedding and a marriage full of financial frustration?
On the other hand, would you prefer a moderately priced wedding and a marriage where there is so much money to spend after buying the necessary items.
As an African thinker, I figured that the poverty in our society is induced by our insistence on impressing people that don’t care whether we exist or die.
My generation should consider the following:
1. At least 60% of attendees of Nigerian weddings are unknown to the couple. Guests wouldn’t even recognize couples on the street after the wedding, because there is no connection beyond the food and drinks.
2. Lower class and middle class weddings in Nigeria are largely financed by the entire savings of couples who must have worked for long hours with meager income for a period of three to five years and left to start their lives from scratch after this one-day event.
3. Our weddings are conducted under the impression that guest would present quality gifts to couples, but in end the, couples get plastics and kitchen utensils as if their entire life would be spent in the kitchen.
4. The society and family members can afford to sponsor the supply of drinks and food at weddings rather than sponsor business ideas that can sustain marriages of a couples for a lifetime.
5. We can put an end to financial frustration in marriages and domestic violence if the monies spent during weddings are diverted to help couples comfortably start their lives. Don’t let anyone put you under pressure! Anyone who insists on an elaborate wedding should provide the money.
‘Aso Ebi’ is not compulsory!(My mother and my family folks know that there is no mortal man living or dead, that can compel me to buy Aso Ebi) Bridal train is not by force! Groom’s men are not essential!
The most important memory of any wedding is the picture of the smiling couple, which is placed on the wall of every home.
This picture does not show the cost of renting the reception hall. It does not show the price of the cake or cost of decoration or the rented Limousine. It is better to monetize gifts for couples to decide what to do with it.
A monetary gift after a wedding is more valuable than before the wedding. The society should demonstrate genuine love for couples.
*If you can afford it, please ‘turn it up’! Otherwise, don’t let anyone put you under pressure*
True talk.
Re: See The Chicken They Served A Wedding Guest (Pictured) by Nedlog01(m): 3:40pm On Aug 09, 2020
Hi, There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. Register today with: https://www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20GOL4
It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken.
It's all free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female Blogger Makes Bread With Yeast From Her Vagina [PICS] / See 200 Naira Tomatoes In Kano / Dead Big Fish Found In Abuja Where There Is No River. Causes A Huge Scene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.