Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,058 members, 7,807,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria - Technology Market (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria (80994 Views)

iOS is rigid which android device is better more / Android TV Box (watch IPTV And Dstv Free). Mobile And TV Set / Super Neat Iphone 6 (16gb)wifi Only Or For Use As Ipod,45k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by unlimited2(m): 5:59pm On May 04, 2017
codeworks:
Do you have New Beelink MINI MXIII II Set top Box S905X Quad-Core Bluetooth 4.0 H.265 4K Media Center Amlogic HD 2.0 Android TV BOX 2RAM in stock?

no, I only have this
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by saint2ace(m): 6:38pm On May 06, 2017
Is it me or is Jumia messing with my mind 1 . 2 million for what na??

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Lokoyen(m): 10:34pm On May 07, 2017
unlimited2:
X96 Android 6.0 TV Box Amlogic S905X Max 2GB RAM+16GB ROM Quad Core WIFI HDMI 4K*2K HD Smart Set

N25K ONLY
Call/WhatsApp 08068746587

Am interested can u deliver to Ibadan?
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by jworos(m): 10:59pm On May 07, 2017
saint2ace:
Is it me or is Jumia messing with my mind 1 . 2 million for what na??
Their head dey shake, I go carry my money jejely go buy Nvidia Shield for just $300, it's the best Android box mehnn

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Jerri7(m): 11:02pm On May 07, 2017
Lokoyen:

Let me sell mine to you in IBADAN. It's working super and I have all the applications you need installed already

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by unlimited2(m): 4:14am On May 08, 2017
Lokoyen:

yes sure with delivery options of your choice
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Lokoyen(m): 10:21am On May 08, 2017
Jerri7:

Let me sell mine to you in IBADAN. It's working super and I have all the applications you need installed already

Your number make i call you for meet up. You will explain to me better.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Lokoyen(m): 10:28am On May 08, 2017
unlimited2:
yes sure with delivery options of your choice

okay i will call u
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Jerri7(m): 3:52pm On May 08, 2017
Lokoyen:

Your number make i call you for meet up. You will explain to me better.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 6:11pm On May 10, 2017
So far, I've come to realize that paid IPTV will give you that desired user experience especially as it relates to Live TV. Using them for videos on demand will work well though.

And so, for the next three (3) months, I'll be using one I just paid for which I feel is the best I have tried in terms of reliability and pricing.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Ativ: 9:24pm On May 10, 2017
CavendishPlex:
So far, I've come to realize that paid IPTV will give you that desired user experience especially as it relates to Live TV. Using them for videos on demand will work well though.

And so, for the next three (3) months, I'll be using one I just paid for which I feel is the best I have tried in terms of reliability and pricing.
Which one?
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 11:00pm On May 10, 2017
It's called Boomboom TV.

Ativ:
Which one?
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Infinitikoncept(m): 1:32am On May 11, 2017
CavendishPlex:
It's called Boomboom TV.

Share the experience
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 7:47am On May 11, 2017
Infinitikoncept:

Share the experience

For Live TV experience, I have tried CastTV, NitroTV, SETTV, LEDTV and Boomboom TV. What I did was to get a few hours trial or up-to 3 days to get to use these IPTV services in order to know which one meets my needs and expectations.

Of all, I'd say NitroTV didn't quite sit well with me because you are limited to one connection i.e. you're allowed to install and view on one device only and it costs a whooping $20/month. Any additional device installation will mean an additional expense.

These IPTV services cost money no doubt ranging from $5 - $25 per month, but that's not to say that there aren't a lot of apps/apks you could install to enjoy some free viewing. What I don't like about them is that they're mostly unreliable. You could try Mobdro, LiveNetTV, UKTVNow, Solid Streamz, WSS, etc.

For one month, I tried SETTV, but the UK entertainment /sports channels freeze like crazy and so I don't bother tuning to any. And so the decision to try another became intense. Right now, I have subscribed to a 3-month access to Boomboom TV after a few hours of trial and I was convinced that I had found a good one.

There are a number of ways of setting up Boomboom TV which include Kodi (I'm not a fan at all), Perfect Player, Smart IPTV, etc. The one I found most convenient was downloading Perfect Player right from Google Playstore and setting it up on my Android TV box with the m3u and EPG (electronic programmers guide) URLs I got after subscription. The beauty of this is that it costs just $9.5/month and paying for 3 months cost me $25.5 and using $375/$1 came to N9,562.50 using my Visa card from Access bank.

And so, if my wife/kids colonize the TV, I simply switch to my phone and I'm kept busy. As far as I'm concerned, DSTV is just overrated. I get a whole lot more online than being stuck with those South Africans.

2 Likes

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 7:51am On May 11, 2017
Loads of great entertainment, documentary, sports channels to keep you hooked.

What are you waiting for?

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Infinitikoncept(m): 7:55am On May 11, 2017
CavendishPlex:

For Live TV experience, I have tried CastTV, NitroTV, SETTV, LEDTV and Boomboom TV. What I did was to get a few hours trial or up-to 3 days to get to use these IPTV services in order to know which one meets my needs and expectations.

Of all, I'd say NitroTV didn't quite sit well with me because you are limited to one connection i.e. you're allowed to install and view on one device only and it costs a whooping $20/month. Any additional device installation will mean an additional expense.

These IPTV services cost money no doubt ranging from $5 - $25 per month, but that's not to say that there aren't a lot of apps/apks you could install to enjoy some free viewing. What I don't like about them is that they're mostly unreliable. You could try Mobdro, LiveNetTV, UKTVNow, Solid Streamz, WSS, etc.

For one month, I tried SETTV, but the UK entertainment /sports channels freeze like crazy and so I don't bother tuning to any. And so the decision to try another became intense. Right now, I have subscribed to a 3-month access to Boomboom TV after a few hours of trial and I was convinced that I had found a good one.

There are a number of ways of setting up Boomboom TV which include Kodi (I'm not a fan at all), Perfect Player, Smart IPTV, etc. The one I found most convenient was downloading Perfect Player right from Google Playstore and setting it up on my Android TV box with the m3u and EPG (electronic programmers guide) URLs I got after subscription. The beauty of this is that it costs just $9.5/month and paying for 3 months cost me $25.5 and using $375/$1 came to N9,562.50 using my Visa card from Access bank.

And so, if my wife/kids colonize the TV, I simply switch to my phone and I'm kept busy. As far as I'm concerned, DSTV is just overrated. I get a whole lot more online than being stuck with those South Africans.
Felt I knew about all this while still in Lagos I would have opted for that your N10,500 unlimited fibre optics because that is the only limitation I'm seeing with android TV box. Etisalat is d only reliable network here and its damn expensive
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Dam5reey(m): 8:00am On May 11, 2017
CavendishPlex:

Abeg can you please guide me, How I can get boom boom TV on my android phone, Im downloading perfect player already...
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 1:01pm On May 11, 2017
Dam5reey:

Abeg can you please guide me, How I can get boom boom TV on my android phone, Im downloading perfect player already...

What I'll advice is that you search for and join the Boom Boom TV Facebook group. Once you're accepted, send a private message to Tyler Lee-Pelley that you want the 4hr trial. He's so very responsive. If you're satisfied with the service, you can proceed to www.boomboomhosting.com/ to purchase a subscription. Like I said earlier, it costs $9.50/month which you can use on 2 devices simultaneously. If you have any issues, send me a mail to dele.cyber@yahoo.com and let's exchange numbers.

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 1:04pm On May 11, 2017
Infinitikoncept:

Felt I knew about all this while still in Lagos I would have opted for that your N10,500 unlimited fibre optics because that is the only limitation I'm seeing with android TV box. Etisalat is d only reliable network here and its damn expensive

You need to know how excited I am with this IPTV.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by kulex2k1(m): 10:01pm On May 11, 2017
I use the amazon firestick with alexia voice remote. Already preinstalled with loads of channels but You can Sideload any android app on it.

Its a really awesome device.

2 Likes

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Dam5reey(m): 10:19pm On May 11, 2017
CavendishPlex:

What I'll advice is that you search for and join the Boom Boom TV Facebook group. Once you're accepted, send a private message to Tyler Lee-Pelley that you want the 4hr trial. He's so very responsive. If you're satisfied with the service, you can proceed to www.boomboomhosting.com/ to purchase a subscription. Like I said earlier, it costs $9.50/month which you can use on 2 devices simultaneously. If you have any issues, send me a mail to dele.cyber@yahoo.com and let's exchange numbers.

Thanks Boss, I will contact for further assistance
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 1:54pm On May 12, 2017
Dam5reey:

Thanks Boss, I will contact for further assistance

It'll be a pleasure to help wherever necessary.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by saint2ace(m): 2:07pm On May 12, 2017
CavendishPlex:

It'll be a pleasure to help wherever necessary.

Bros u dey do us ojoro oh, i feel like crying right now. Finally got thru to the KKONTECH guys about getting a connection at my residence in yaba, guess what? their services are not available in yaba yet; they only have presence in Ikoyi, Lekki, Ikeja, Gbagada and i think i heard surulere.

I'm just so angry at the moment cos NTEL has finished my life in the past few days, didn't watch the champions and europa league matches cos of the crappy network, henceforth it's MTN abeg i no fit shout....

Anybody with a better service provider should please give us a heads up, by the way i use the YOKA KB2 - Android TV Box Octa Core WiFi BT 2G/32G, got it on Jumia last year and it's been sweet so far....
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 9:23pm On May 12, 2017
saint2ace:

Bros u dey do us ojoro oh, i feel like crying right now. Finally got thru to the KKONTECH guys about getting a connection at my residence in yaba, guess what? their services are not available in yaba yet; they only have presence in Ikoyi, Lekki, Ikeja, Gbagada and i think i heard surulere.

I'm just so angry at the moment cos NTEL has finished my life in the past few days, didn't watch the champions and europa league matches cos of the crappy network, henceforth it's MTN abeg i no fit shout....

Anybody with a better service provider should please give us a heads up, by the way i use the YOKA KB2 - Android TV Box Octa Core WiFi BT 2G/32G, got it on Jumia last year and it's been sweet so far....

Have you heard of wifi.com.ng? I think they service Yaba. Give them a try. And it's unlimited downloads for just N9,500 24/7.

And please, do throw that Ntel modem away. Those guys aren't serious about their business. All I hear/read about them are complaints and more complaints from subscribers.

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by saint2ace(m): 11:40pm On May 12, 2017
CavendishPlex:

Have you heard of wifi.com.ng? I think they service Yaba. Give them a try. And it's unlimited downloads for just N9,500 24/7.

And please, do throw that Ntel modem away. Those guys aren't serious about their business. All I hear/read about them are complaints and more complaints from subscribers.

Thanks for the heads up boss, knowledge truly is power, no I haven't heard of them but I'll dig in now and find out more. Thanks a bunch
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 8:35am On May 13, 2017
saint2ace:

Thanks for the heads up boss, knowledge truly is power, no I haven't heard of them but I'll dig in now and find out more. Thanks a bunch

All correct! smiley
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Ativ: 5:30pm On May 20, 2017
kulex2k1:
I use the amazon firestick with alexia voice remote. Already preinstalled with loads of channels but You can Sideload any android app on it.

Its a really awesome device.

Nice. I use A Fire TV Box. How do you cope when your internet is down and you want to play a local video?
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by iliyande(m): 5:49pm On May 20, 2017
Sport fans and other TV stations, like cartoon networks, live TV etc... Try geo streamz, better option than kodi and mobdro. No buffering

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by modash(m): 6:14pm On May 20, 2017
I don't know why my pictures aspect ratio is larger than the TV screen. Anybody with any ideas
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by iliyande(m): 6:17pm On May 20, 2017
modash:
I don't know why my pictures aspect ratio is larger than the TV screen. Anybody with any ideas

Check display under settings - screen position-zoom out/zoom in
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by modash(m): 6:39pm On May 20, 2017
Thanks will try that and let you know
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by modash(m): 4:02pm On May 21, 2017
iliyande:

Check display under settings - screen position-zoom out/zoom in

Didn't find any option like that
Is anybody using tizeti network in lekki

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Amazing Deals on Smartphones, Laptops & Consoles From Offerup USA!!! / Very Clean Uk Used Laptops At Whole Sales Price from 19k / FREE IMPORTATION OF TABLETS•SMARTPHONES•MED/EDU EQUIPMENTS FROM CHINA~NO CHARGES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.