Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria - Technology Market (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria (81014 Views)

iOS is rigid which android device is better more / Android TV Box (watch IPTV And Dstv Free). Mobile And TV Set / Super Neat Iphone 6 (16gb)wifi Only Or For Use As Ipod,45k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 10:59pm On Aug 13, 2017
iliyande:

You shouldn't worry about it, some sellers takes about 7-9days to ship.

I would've advised you to go for ki pro with 2/16gb rom for almost the same price or little extra money. K1 plus is only 1/8gb

My thoughts exactly.

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by duwdu: 3:13pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hi,CavendishPlex;

What's been your experience with The Wildside so far, please?

I'm about ready to jump on this paid IPTV thingy, primarily for Live TV that should be mostly in 1080p. So far, the one I've seen online users/reviewers give the most stars, is by gfservers @ 18 bucks/Mo for three devices that can be anywhere on earth at any one time. If I can get one/two trusted guys to split that with me, I'll go for it.

But I can also settle for The Wildside's 5 bucks/Mo if 95% reliable and is mostly 720p at the very least?

P34c3
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
duwdu:
Hi,CavendishPlex;

What's been your experience with The Wildside so far, please?

I'm about ready to jump on this paid IPTV thingy, primarily for Live TV that should be mostly in 1080p. So far, the one I've seen online users/reviewers give the most stars, is by gfservers @ 18 bucks/Mo for three devices that can be anywhere on earth at any one time. If I can get one/two trusted guys to split that with me, I'll go for it.

But I can also settle for The Wildside's 5 bucks/Mo if 95% reliable and is mostly 720p at the very least?

P34c3

HI bro, The Wildside subscription has been great so far. For the price of $5/month when I subscribed last week, it's a steal. I had to do a 3-month subscription straight up. But from what I see, the price has gone up by $2 for the one I did. Check it out at https://airup.online

Just yesterday, I was able to set it up on my Smart TV using the SS-IPTV (beautiful thing about it is that it's FREE) app that's just like the Smart IPTV. I must say the SS-IPTV user interface is a whole lot better and I get a better stability and crisper picture quality than what I get on SmartIPTV and even my Android TV box. I feel I just blew €5.49 for the one-off purchase of the SmartIPTV app.

As regards sharing cost of gfservers with a couple of guys, I have come to understand many of these IPTV services only allow multiple devices streaming at the same time on the same IP address only meaning y'all must be on the same network. If gfservers allows something different, that will be interesting. Please let me know if this is allowed.

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by duwdu: 11:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
CavendishPlex:

HI bro, The Wildside subscription has been great so far. For the price of $5/month when I subscribed last week, it's a steal. I had to do a 3-month subscription straight up. But from what I see, the price has gone up by $2 for the one I did. Check it out at https://airup.online

Just yesterday, I was able to set it up on my Smart TV using the SS-IPTV (beautiful thing about it is that it's FREE) app that's just like the Smart IPTV. I must say the SS-IPTV user interface is a whole lot better and I get a better stability and crisper picture quality than what I get on SmartIPTV and even my Android TV box. I feel I just blew €5.49 for the one-off purchase of the SmartIPTV app.

As regards sharing cost of gfservers with a couple of guys, I have come to understand many of these IPTV services only allow multiple devices streaming at the same time on the same IP address only meaning y'all must be on the same network. If gfservers allows something different, that will be interesting. Please let me know if this is allowed.

Great response, my guy, and, thanks for the SS-IPTV heads up.

Yes, gf does allow up to three different IP's each geolocated anywhere in the world at the same time. That's the key reason I fingered it out of others such as Vader Streams and Gears TV.

But yeah, TWS looks good indeed, although that 2 bucks hike gets me worried, LOL. Have you noticed much 1080p streaming on the service?

P34c3
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2017
duwdu:

Great response, my guy, and, thanks for the SS-IPTV heads up.

Yes, gf does allow up to three different IP's each geolocated anywhere in the world at the same time. That's the key reason I fingered it out of others such as Vader Streams and Gears TV.

But yeah, TWS looks good indeed, although that 2 bucks hike gets me worried, LOL. Have you noticed much 1080p streaming on the service?

P34c3

I'm glad you found the SS-IPTV info useful.

Like I said, the picture quality I've gotten so far from TWS using the SS-IPTV is the best I've come across so far. I may not be able to tell if the pictures are truly 720p,1080p or even FHD, but the clarity is just decent for me. I reckon TWS tries to give at least 720p picture quality.

What I've found out from the owners of TWS who also run other services like Jinx, Eclipse, Crown and Gears hosting, since TWS is the cheapest, you might not get true 1080p. I've tried the Jinx hosting service and they have quite a lot of HD channels. But what I hate about Jinx is that there is a clutter of so many unnecessary channels + movies +series.

As regards the gfservers IPTV, if there's anyone who'd like to join forces and give it a spin all for a shared value of $18 (maximum of 3 persons), please contact @duwdu. I could tag along too. I came across a YouTube video like 2 days ago and the guy touted gfservers as the best he's used so far.

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by duwdu: 10:59am On Aug 19, 2017
CavendishPlex:

I'm glad you found the SS-IPTV info useful.

Like I said, the picture quality I've gotten so far from TWS using the SS-IPTV is the best I've come across so far. I may not be able to tell if the pictures are truly 720p,1080p or even FHD, but the clarity is just decent for me. I reckon TWS tries to give at least 720p picture quality.

What I've found out from the owners of TWS who also run other services like Jinx, Eclipse, Crown and Gears hosting, since TWS is the cheapest, you might not get true 1080p. I've tried the Jinx hosting service and they have quite a lot of HD channels. But what I hate about Jinx is that there is a clutter of so many unnecessary channels + movies +series.

As regards the gfservers IPTV, if there's anyone who'd like to join forces and give it a spin all for a shared value of $18 (maximum of 3 persons), please contact @duwdu. I could tag along too. I came across a YouTube video like 2 days ago and the guy touted gfservers as the best he's used so far.

Thanks for your help on a clarion call on other potential collaborators for the gfservers services. I hope some indicate interest pretty soon.

I noticed that SS-IPTV (SS) touts a feature that enables automatic channel marking and switching at preset times. That's pretty cool if it works!

P34c3
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 11:26am On Aug 19, 2017
duwdu:

Thanks for your help on a clarion call on other potential collaborators for the gfservers services. I hope some indicate interest pretty soon.

I noticed that SS-IPTV (SS) touts a feature that enables automatic channel marking and switching at preset times. That's pretty cool if it works!

P34c3

Yes, it does. SmartIPTV also has the feature. I guess you did the 1-day trial.

I'm sure you noticed TWS isn't big on sporting channels, but very OK for other regular programming.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by duwdu: 9:56pm On Aug 19, 2017
CavendishPlex:

Yes, it does. SmartIPTV also has the feature. I guess you did the 1-day trial.

I'm sure you noticed TWS isn't big on sporting channels, but very OK for other regular programming.

I haven't done the trial, actually; I'll include it in my feedback when I do. Incidentally, the times I was big on sporting events are long past, so I should be OK if I have to settle for TWS.

[I'm still holding out for now with some Kodi add-ons, hehehe (StreamHub is kinda stable for Live TV,) but I'm aware that line's not what you particularly bothered about.]

P34c3
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
duwdu:

I haven't done the trial, actually, I'll include it in my feedback when I do. Incidentally, the times I was big on sporting events are long past, so I should be OK if I have to settle for TWS.

[I'm still holding out for now with some Kodi add-ons, hehehe (StreamHub is kinda stable for Live TV,) but I'm aware that line's not what you particularly bothered about.]

P34c3

I don't mind you hooking me up with the StreamHub add-on repo. Having an extra won't be bad after all. I visit Kodi from time to time to keep myself up to date with what goes on in there.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 10:38pm On Aug 20, 2017
Nice thread, I never knew guys clocked on this in 9ja, I shall be following,but who has an update via internet in PHC? cos all Im seeing is Lagos.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 5:52am On Aug 23, 2017
erico2k2:
Nice thread, I never knew guys clocked on this in 9ja, I shall be following,but who has an update via internet in PHC? cos all Im seeing is Lagos.

Is there anyone out there having a blast with their Android TV boxes out there in Port Harcourt City? Kindly share your experiences.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 9:37pm On Aug 26, 2017
Do you live in Nigeria and you are tired of DSTV and it's uninspiring programming and in need of a wider array of up to 500 channels at your disposal? Why not try SETTV now all for $20 per month.

Click here to sign up today. http://setvnow.com/#PurpleRain2105

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by timbros(m): 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2017
I just stumbled on this very interesting thread and I'm WOWed.

I am in PHC and will be following up on this thread. First off I reckon I will have to get an Android box first. Thankfully I am conversant with Aliexpress so I will make an order pretty soon and come back here to set it up.

Nice thread again.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by ibawon(m): 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2017
Thinking of adding an Android TV to my collections.
Please is the MI TV a good buy?
and guys which ISP is the best that gives good internet at reasonable speed. Please I reside in Ibeju Lekki

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2017
timbros:
I just stumbled on this very interesting thread and I'm WOWed.

I am in PHC and will be following up on this thread. First off I reckon I will have to get an Android box first. Thankfully I am conversant with Aliexpress so I will make an order pretty soon and come back here to set it up.

Nice thread again.

I'll advise you do a proper research on the myriad of Android TV boxes available so you don't end up frustrated with a low quality build.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 5:11pm On Aug 28, 2017
ibawon:
Thinking of adding an Android TV to my collections.
Please is the MI TV a good buy?
and guys which ISP is the best that gives good internet at reasonable speed. Please I reside in Ibeju Lekki

Hi Ibawon, are you by chance referring to the Xiaomi Mi box? If yes, it's a good buy going by the various YouTube reviews I have seen. But then, the 8GB ROM might be limiting if you decide to stretch its potential and then there is the issue of a missing ethernet (LAN) port should you prefer this to WiFi. You could always work around the missing LAN port by purchasing a separate LAN adapter.

As regards a recommended ISP around Ibeju Lekki, contact Tizeti, the operators of wifi.com.ng to find out if they cover your neck of the woods.

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by timbros(m): 5:39pm On Aug 28, 2017
CavendishPlex:

I'll advise you do a proper research on the myriad of Android TV boxes available so you don't end up frustrated with a low quality build.

Yes bro.

You can help me by suggesting the minimum features I should be looking out for.

Thanks.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by ibawon(m): 6:21pm On Aug 28, 2017
CavendishPlex:

Hi Ibawon, are you by chance referring to the Xiaomi Mi box? If yes, it's a good buy going by the various YouTube reviews I have seen. But then, the 8GB ROM might be limiting if you decide to stretch its potential and then there is the issue of a missing ethernet (LAN) port should you prefer this to WiFi. You could always work around the missing LAN port by purchasing a separate LAN adapter.

As regards a recommended ISP around Ibeju Lekki, contact Tizeti, the operators of wifi.com.ng to find out if they cover your neck of the woods.
Thanks for the good info, actually I got a HDD of 1TB so space is not an issue, about Tizeti, I know them well but it only gets to Crown Estase in Awoyaya/Sangotedo environs.
Once I get the device I'll upload pics
Thanks
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 8:28pm On Aug 28, 2017
timbros:

Yes bro.

You can help me by suggesting the minimum features I should be looking out for.

Thanks.

For minimum specs, watch out for the following:

i. Android OS version 6.0 and above.
ii. 2GB RAM/16GB ROM.
iii. Bluetooth compatible so you can use a keyboard (e.g. Ri8 wireless keyboard) as the remote control supplied with these Android boxes are usually annoying.

2 Likes

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2017
ibawon:

Thanks for the good info, actually I got a HDD of 1TB so space is not an issue, about Tizeti, I know them well but it only gets to Crown Estase in Awoyaya/Sangotedo environs.
Once I get the device I'll upload pics
Thanks

No problem.

The experience is usually different if you do not have to bother about your data on an unlimited internet service.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by timbros(m): 9:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
CavendishPlex:

For minimum specs, watch out for the following:

i. Android OS version 6.0 and above.
ii. 2GB RAM/16GB ROM.
iii. Bluetooth compatible so you can use a keyboard (e.g. Ri8 wireless keyboard) as the remote control supplied with these Android boxes are usually annoying.

This is helpful. Thanks.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by omotolsy(m): 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2017
Hello all, please i need serious tutorial on this android box thingy. Please help me. It seems interesting yet i dont just get what u guys are saying
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 10:46pm On Aug 28, 2017
omotolsy:
Hello all, please i need serious tutorial on this android box thingy. Please help me. It seems interesting yet i dont just get what u guys are saying

LOL.

Welcome my friend to the world of the Android TV box. Imagine a small box-like device that could do about everything your Android phone is capable of doing with the exception of making calls and sending texts. That's what the Android TV box is. Once upon a time when you could download apps or apks (Android Package Kits) on your phone to watch movies, play games or even watch live TV and thereafter mirror this image from your phone onto your Smart TV. Well, the Android TV box does this for you so you could use your phone for other things.

On your Android TV box, you could watch movies, play games, etc. Many of us use these boxes for streaming movies, TV series and even live TV over the internet. Call it the home entertainment console.

2 Likes

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by omotolsy(m): 9:29am On Aug 29, 2017
Thanks Caven, your explanation is understandable but i will seek more knowledge online. I really need to know all the steps invloved to set it up. The price and etc. Could it serve as a decoder?
CavendishPlex:

LOL.

Welcome my friend to the world of the Android TV box. Imagine a small box-like device that could do about everything your Android phone is capable of doing with the exception of making calls and sending texts. That's what the Android TV box is. Once upon a time when you could download apps or apks (Android Package Kits) on your phone to watch movies, play games or even watch live TV and thereafter mirror this image from your phone onto your Smart TV. Well, the Android TV box does this for you so you could use your phone for other things.

On your Android TV box, you could watch movies, play games, etc. Many of us use these boxes for streaming movies, TV series and even live TV over the internet. Call it the home entertainment console.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by iliyande(m): 10:03am On Aug 29, 2017
omotolsy:
Thanks Caven, your explanation is understandable but i will seek more knowledge online. I really need to know all the steps invloved to set it up. The price and etc. Could it serve as a decoder?

Let me make a little input tongue
There are different streamboxs out there, it all depends on what you want it for. There some that will serve as decoder and the same time as TV box.
For example, MECOOL K series ranging from ki to kiii can work perfectly for free to air decoder and streambox.
Its all depends on your choice
KIII - 48-50k (3g/16/32)
Kii 38-47k (2gig/16/cool
Ki Pro 37-40k 2g/16
Ki - 30-38k (1g/cool

I helped a nairalander placed an order for kiii last 2weeks ago which will arrive within the week.

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 10:04am On Aug 29, 2017
omotolsy:

The Android TV box does not work with any kind of cable or satellite system and as such cannot be regarded as a decoder. It gets its feed via the internet.

As regards pricing, there are so very many types of boxes in the market today which command various prices based on your need.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Lokoyen(m): 10:57am On Aug 29, 2017
I got one 2gb ram and 8gb on jumia for a test. Its a 4k 3D model it wil take 10 days to come to naija.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by marshall7: 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2017
guys please... so far how has the experience been with our ISP in naija that's not so reliable.

kindly recommend the best isp for the android box

and how's glo 4g on it? since its quite cheap and their service seems fair in my location but won't like buffers
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2017
marshall7:
guys please... so far how has the experience been with our ISP in naija that's not so reliable.

kindly recommend the best isp for the android box

and how's glo 4g on it? since its quite cheap and their service seems fair in my location but won't like buffers

If Glo works for you in your neck of the woods, I'll advise you try downloading some free apps/apks on your phone like Mobdro, UKTVNow, LiveNetTV, Terrarium, Showboat, etc and see how they perform before you take a plunge in buying a TV box.

Personally, unlimited internet access makes the most sense.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by duwdu: 11:03pm On Aug 31, 2017
CavendishPlex:

I don't mind you hooking me up with the StreamHub add-on repo. Having an extra won't be bad after all. I visit Kodi from time to time to keep myself up to date with what goes on in there.

Sorry, CavendishPlex, I've been off for a bit.

Honestly, what I did was to identify the current best Live TV addons. The two most stable currently, IMHO, are Bennu and the earlier mentioned StreamHub. I then searched for them on YouTube, and determined that one of the repositories that's good for Bennu, is Ares Wizard, which installs as a program addon, then presents the video addons and a bunch of other useful stuff via menu choices.

When I grabbed the repositories a couple of weeks ago, StreamHub was at https://archive.org/download/repository.streamhub/ (note the "s" ) while Ares was at http://repo.ares-project.com/magic/

As we all know, some of these repos shift ground or installation methods sometimes, so it may turn out more appropriate to look for the current installation video that has ganered good upvotes for each addon.

A lot of times, my window into Kodi addons via YT, is the poster Solo Man. He seems pleasantly honest, and I find his presentations quite easy to follow.

Also, I get proper access, especially with US and UK channels in HD via the addons, when I use a proper VPN service that provides for appropriate geolocations.

Trust these help a bit.

P34c3
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by duwdu: 11:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hi, guys;

I discovered that thestreammachine.net has a penchant for identifying and presenting good apks for especially Live TV.

Note, though, that if you're not presently located in the UK/US (as most of us aren't, LOL,) then a robust VPN service IS required to have proper access to US/UK channels with most of the better apks.

Good luck.

P34c3
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 6:08am On Sep 01, 2017
duwdu:

Sorry, CavendishPlex, I've been off for a bit.

Honestly, what I did was to identify the current best Live TV addons. The two most stable currently, IMHO, are Bennu and the earlier mentioned StreamHub. I then searched for them on YouTube, and determined that one of the repositories that's good for Bennu, is Ares Wizard, which installs as a program addon, then presents the video addons and a bunch of other useful stuff via menu choices.

When I grabbed the repositories a couple of weeks ago, StreamHub was at https://archive.org/download/repository.streamhub/ (note the "s" ) while Ares was at http://repo.ares-project.com/magic/

As we all know, some of these repos shift ground or installation methods sometimes, so it may turn out more appropriate to look for the current installation video that has ganered good upvotes for each addon.

A lot of times, my window into Kodi addons via YT, is the poster Solo Man. He seems pleasantly honest, and I find his presentations quite easy to follow.

Also, I get proper access, especially with US and UK channels in HD via the addons, when I use a proper VPN service that provides for appropriate geolocations.

Trust these help a bit.

P34c3

Thank man, I'll give this a spin & render feedback. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Amazing Deals on Smartphones, Laptops & Consoles From Offerup USA!!! / Very Clean Uk Used Laptops At Whole Sales Price from 19k / FREE IMPORTATION OF TABLETS•SMARTPHONES•MED/EDU EQUIPMENTS FROM CHINA~NO CHARGES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.