Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Hadith Thaqalayn - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hadith Thaqalayn (1604 Views)

A Crucial Book On Hadith Al-thaqalayn / If I Become A Muslim, How Many Wives Will I Be Permitted To Marry According To Thequranic/hadith Inj / Why Christian Will Dwell In Hell Forever And Ever - Quran And Hadith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hadith Thaqalayn by shiite: 11:44am On Dec 12, 2009
In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

At Ghadir Khumm, the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his family) declared his final will to his entire Ummah. This will is binding upon the entire Ummah, including the Sahabah, till eternity. It gives direction to the Ummah after him.

Sayyid Hasan al-Saqqaf has stated in his Sahih Sifat Salat al-Nabi 29:
[size=14pt]
ففي سنن الترمذي : 5/663 برقم : 3788 قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله : إني تارك فيكم ما إن تمسكتم به لن تضلوا بعدي أحدهما أعظم من الآخر ، كتاب الله حبل ممدود من السماء إلى الأرض وعترتي أهل بيتي ، ولن يفترقا حتى يردا عليّ الحوض فانظروا كيف تخلفوني فيهما
[/size]
And in Sunan al-Tirmidhi 5/663 No. 3788, it is narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him and his family) said: I am leaving among you that which if you hold onto you will never go astray after me. One of them is greater than the other. It is the Book of Allah, a rope stretching from the heaven to the earth. The other is my itrah, my Ahl al-Bayt. The two will never be separated until they reach me at the Pond. Watch closely how you treat them both after me.

Sayyid al-Saqqaf states:

وهو صحيح
And it is sahih.

Shaykh Nasir al-Din al-Albani, in his Sahih Sunan al-Tirmidhi 3/542 No. 3786 also records:
[size=14pt]
: إني تارك فيكم ما إن تمسكتم به لن تضلوا بعدي أحدهما أعظم من الآخر كتاب الله حبل ممدود من السماء إلى الأرض وعترتي أهل بيتي ولن يتفرقا حتى يردا علي الحوض فانظروا كيف تخلفوني فيهما
[/size]
I am leaving among you that which if you hold firmly onto you will never go astray after me. One of them is greater than the other, and it is the Book of Allah, a rope reaching from the heaven to the earth and the other is my Itrah, my Ahl al-Bayt. The two will never separate until they meet me at the Pond (of Kawthar). Watch how you treat them after me.

Al-Albani says:

[size=14pt]صحيح[/size]

It is sahih.

There is also a separate hadith that seems to explain the one above:

[size=14pt]إني تارك فيكم خليفتين ، كتاب الله حبل ممدود ما بين السماء والأرض وعترتي أهل بيتي ، وأنهما لن يفترقا حتى يردا عليّ الحوض
[/size]
I am leaving among you two successors: the Book of Allah, a rope reaching from the heaven to the earth and my Itrah, my Ahl al-Bayt. The two will never separate until they meet me at the Pond.
Sahih Jami' al-Saghir 1/842 No. 2457

Al-Albani once again says:

[size=14pt]صحيح[/size]

It is sahih.

In spite that this hadith is very clear about the fact that:

1. Both the Qur'an and the Ahl al-Bayt (as) are to be followed after the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his family)
2. As long as the Qur'an exists, there is an Imam from the Ahl al-Bayt (as) to be its companion, both of whom MUST be followed together

Sunnis nonetheless claim that the hadith only commands us to love the Ahl al-Bayt (as) and NOT to follow them!!!

Source: http://wilayat.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=408:hadith-thaqalayn-at-arafat-and-at-ghadir&catid=64:featured-articles&Itemid=54
Re: Hadith Thaqalayn by olabowale(m): 1:15pm On Dec 12, 2009
So my shia brother, should I accept the Kaumu Lut act and Muta marriage which you claim that is valid, but clearly rejected in the Quran? Further Al Bayt are who to you? Are they those of the Quraishi bloodline who were under the blanket with the Messenger (AS), excluding his wives (RA) from whom we were able to learn the hadith of Junub, etc, acts between husband and wife, etc and other like Bilal, Salman Al Farsi, and Shuaib Al Rum (RA)?

Please lets discuss sensibly without any emotion, while the Uncles of the Prophet (AS) like Abbass, and Hamzah (RA) where not under the Blanket, it was clear that The Noble Prophet said of Hamzah, "he is my brother", the reason he said he cant marry his daughter, as per what is allowed him in Surah Ahzab.

Abbass (RA) who survived him never complained againstany of the surviving Sahaba and successive Khalifa (RA) starting from Abu Bakr (RA), a man who became poor for the sake of Allah, in spending on Islam under the Messengership of Muhammad (AS). Well lets leave that alone for the moment; if we concentrate on the Lion Ali bin AbiTalib (RA), who was never shy to speak his mind, even when the giant Umar bin Khattab (RA) was Emir, we did not hear Ali going against the leaderships of those who led before him. Yet the shia now kinda find a way to make a mountain out of a mole on his behalf?
Re: Hadith Thaqalayn by muhsin(m): 5:35pm On Dec 12, 2009
@the poster,

I don't know from where to actually begin; for I got lots to say.

Sincerely you folks are misguided, thats to be sincere and frank. You always hide behind a facade; I think called taqiyya, i.e. quietism or something like this. You utter out what is not totally deep down inside you. And those "things" comprise denting and defaming other Prophet's Companions with exception of Ali (r.a) who you "dearly" extol, while this is not proper. You again, as already pointed out Olabowale, validate Temporary Marriage. And many more other denounceable acts.

That notwithstanding, I hope during your stay here with us we can understand all these problems, and be able to make corrections.
Re: Hadith Thaqalayn by Lagosboy: 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2009
I am a sunni and will inshallah be forever.

My dear mr Shiite dont let us turn nairaland into sunni vs shiite arguement. This division has been since 1350 years or so , our debates here will not solve it neither will it do us much good.

Let us come together on what we agree upon and this is :

Eeman
Salah
Ramadhan fasting
Zakat
Hajj

We also believe in the 7 artcilces of faith:

Belief in Allah
Belief in the prophets
Belief in the books
Belief in the resurrection
Belief in the day of judgement
Belief in the qadar
Belief in the Angels

We believe in the same quran. Our differences lie in some aqeeda issue and socio political issues. I beg my beloved brothers in this forum to let us use our energy to enlighten ourselves , defend the course of islam and not try to debate sunni vs shia here as we would achieve nothing really in my humble opinion.
Re: Hadith Thaqalayn by olabowale(m): 8:19pm On Dec 12, 2009
I accept the opinion of my Imam. Jazakallahu Khair.
Re: Hadith Thaqalayn by muhsin(m): 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2009
Very good post, brother Lagosboy. cool
Re: Hadith Thaqalayn by LagosShia: 2:03am On May 11, 2012
@OP

great work!

may Allah (swt) reward you!

(1) (Reply)

Jazakallah Khairan To The Nairaland Muslim Community / French Consul (regional Ambassador) In Kuwait Accepts Islam After Fajr This Morn / Mystery & Light Of The Holy Qur'an

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.