Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,752 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC (18468 Views)

Osinbajo Announces 80% Slash For NAFDAC Registration Fee / My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / 50 Agro Food Exportation Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Jtmanager(m): 10:33pm On Feb 27, 2017
ehen lemme ship
Here
I've products to export too
Like crayfish
Jus let me observe
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by menwongo(m): 10:36pm On Feb 27, 2017
donofdons:

JESUS! THEY DON COME AGAIN OOO. THAT IS HOW THEY DUPED MY SISTER. SHE WANTED TO EXPORT PLANTAIN BUT ONLY ENDED UP EXPORTING HER MONEY. DON'T DEAL WITH ANYBODY YOU MEET HERE CLAIMING TO WANT TO HELP YOU. JUST HIT ME UP SO THAT I CAN TELL YOU HOW TO GO ABOUT THESE THINGS. EVERYBODY KNOW ME SO I CANT DUPE YOU UNLESS I WANT TO DESTROY MY LEGACY HERE.

Hahahah how do we know you are trustworthy? To me you should just drop your comment without quoting the guy unless he's the one that export your sister's money.

Well come down to our palm oil mill in Mbiaya Uruan, Akwa Ibom State for your palm oil @ #9,000 to #9,500 per keg (25 liters). 08023018266.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by EACBLAZE: 10:45pm On Feb 27, 2017
I think they want to undue advantage on you guys, federal govt did it in such a way that exportation licence will cost you little or nothing depending on the products especially on agro products. Maybe you visited the wrong office, go to nafdac office isolo, ask the right question. They will guide you
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by OBAGADAFFI: 10:46pm On Feb 27, 2017
xynerise:
Now I know that one of the problem of exportation in Nigeria i

I want to know if what these NAFDAC staff charged us is reality or just obvious exploitation?

You should have gone to the nigerian export promotion council First.

nigerian export promotion council will properly guild you through the process.

Getting NAFDAC doesn't guarantee other countries will accept your products.

4 Likes

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
You went to the wrong place. Go to national export promotion council. They are the ones that license you for export not those dumb fuckdacs.

xynerise:
Now I know that one of the problem of exportation in Nigeria is caused by people or agency that are supposed to be supporting entrepreneurs.

My sister and I visited NAFDAC office to make enquiry on cost of exporting foodstuff like Egusi, Ogbono and other native foodstuff.

She has already package these foodstuff in a sack but was told to make enquiry at NAFDAC first.

We got there and we waited for about 30 minutes before they called us. She began to narrate her plans and asked how much it will cost to be given license.

The lady said the license will cost her N50 million for a start, imagine a business that the capital is not even up to N10 Million. These made my sister to rain abuses on the lady because she was so shocked on such exorbitant amount for a start.

Another man came out which I believe is in higher position than the lady we first met and invited us to his office. After we narrated what led to the drama, he smiled and said "She didn't even give you the right price, you will be charged N100 million for it". Just imagine.

This is how entrepreneurs are discouraged to do business abroad and they expect Nigeria to move forward.

I want to know if what these NAFDAC staff charged us is reality or just obvious exploitation?

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Nairaboi(m): 10:54pm On Feb 27, 2017
They are calling on you to name the office you visited nd the name of the officials you met. but you are not forth-coming with the needed information. Yous should have kept the information to yourself and not bring it to the forum.

This kind of attitude is why Nigeria is where it is. . .

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by MizTyna(f): 11:04pm On Feb 27, 2017
I don't know why I find this hard to believe. Someone will just call 100 million Naira just like that? For that purpose? Please supply more details

2 Likes

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by pokipoki: 11:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nigeria is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. It occupies number 136 out of 176 countries according to Transparency International. High cost of doing business is one of the reasons International companies are running away.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Menace2Society(m): 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2017
U guys can believe anything undecided pathetic

5 Likes

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by exlinkleads(f): 11:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
Jesus Christ

did u say N50m?

that is complete fallacy
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hahas,op,Emabinu,but before you start packaging those food stuff you want to export,firstly you must contact those Nafdac agency oh,to come and see and scrutinize your goods,its a must,at the end they will give you clearance certificate to proceed,they have to visit the site where you do the repackage and packaging, to see if its clean and free from any contagious ailments, I'm telling you from experience, but to make it easy and less stressful, use an agency,else ,the moment you do gragra via naija mentality, they will deport your foodstuff back, by then everything wey dey inside don spoil finish, I don't pray for you to experience this,its a disheartening experience,
follow due process,you won't regret it,but first you need nafdac clearance certificate oh.

1 Like

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by invinzible1: 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
[quote author=EACBLAZE post=54122931]I think they want to undue advantage on you guys, federal govt did it in such a way that exportation licence will cost you little or nothing depending on the products especially on agro products. Maybe you visited the wrong office, go to nafdac office isolo, ask the right question. They will guide you[/quote
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by princetom1(m): 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
Speaking of exportation, alot countries that are well organized don't export alot of commodities. They save for rainy days and wen their storage is full, and price is stable, that's wen exportation happen but here, exportation competes with local market, driving prices of goods up, just name the commodity
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by edudguy(m): 11:18pm On Feb 27, 2017
Why do I feel that this story is a lie and was made up

6 Likes

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Goroz: 11:41pm On Feb 27, 2017
Mr Man, give us the fvcking name and address. My blood dey boil!
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Biggcake: 11:45pm On Feb 27, 2017
edudguy:
Why do I feel that this story is a lie and was made up
The only readon why you feel so is because you are foolish.

Na joke oooo.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by henribj(m): 12:08am On Feb 28, 2017
xynerise:
Now I know that one of the problem of exportation in Nigeria is caused by people or agency that are supposed to be supporting entrepreneurs.

My sister and I visited NAFDAC office to make enquiry on cost of exporting foodstuff like Egusi, Ogbono and other native foodstuff.

She has already package these foodstuff in a sack but was told to make enquiry at NAFDAC first.

We got there and we waited for about 30 minutes before they called us. She began to narrate her plans and asked how much it will cost to be given license.

The lady said the license will cost her N50 million for a start, imagine a business that the capital is not even up to N10 Million. These made my sister to rain abuses on the lady because she was so shocked on such exorbitant amount for a start.

Another man came out which I believe is in higher position than the lady we first met and invited us to his office. After we narrated what led to the drama, he smiled and said "She didn't even give you the right price, you will be charged N100 million for it". Just imagine.

This is how entrepreneurs are discouraged to do business abroad and they expect Nigeria to move forward.

go back and visit them, get them on tape, report it to efcc and post it online, make sure that the NAFDAC staffs identify themselves with their names and title o. the rest like they say is history.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by jinxet2000: 12:14am On Feb 28, 2017
Are you trying to exploit them again yourself?
No matter what your narration is to the staff, there should be a format and schedule of payment that should guide entrepreneurs who want to export. Not to quote price based on what they heard.
If Dubai did not open free boarder for import and export, it would not have been what it is today.
Nigeria should continue exploiting people and keep hindering progress until they become the last in the list. then they will begin begging.

Zdoh:
This is are the simple mistake most newbies makes when they want to start exportation.Normally you are suppose to visit those agency before you proceed on your business but according what you narrated here those staff wanted extort you maybe just the way you present your business proposal.This is reason you need a credible freight forwarder who will be in position to arrange all your export documents.
According to you,the kind of exportation you about to venture is still mini exportation.
If you want to export your products without azle,kindly contact us at MYINTEG EXPRESS SERVICES
Call/Whatsapp 08088759163
We will gladly work you through.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by nwabobo: 12:38am On Feb 28, 2017
HAH:
N100M are you exporting crude oil, Please can you drop names and location of the office you visited, if possible officer that told you this for possible follow up, you don't know what this your report can do for other prospective entrepreneurs, am an entrepreneur and have dealt with Nafdac before and honestly am very satisfied with the staff behavior here in Kaduna.

When I wanted to start my bakery their coodinator gave me guide from start to finish and I was only charged official fee of about,N32k for registration

Don't believe every story you read online.

Op, you'll make a very good script writer for Nollywood.

2 Likes

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by xynerise: 12:48am On Feb 28, 2017
HAH:
N100M are you exporting crude oil, Please can you drop names and location of the office you visited, if possible officer that told you this for possible follow up, you don't know what this your report can do for other prospective entrepreneurs, am an entrepreneur and have dealt with Nafdac before and honestly am very satisfied with the staff behavior here in Kaduna.

When I wanted to start my bakery their coodinator gave me guide from start to finish and I was only charged official fee of about,N32k for registration

I just saw this now. I am sorry for the late response. I will do that later today. Thanks
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by erico2k2(m): 12:48am On Feb 28, 2017
Zdoh:
This is are the simple mistake most newbies makes when they want to start exportation.Normally you are suppose to visit those agency before you proceed on your business but according what you narrated here those staff wanted extort you maybe just the way you present your business proposal.This is reason you need a credible freight forwarder who will be in position to arrange all your export documents.
According to you,the kind of exportation you about to venture is still mini exportation.
If you want to export your products without azle,kindly contact us at MYINTEG EXPRESS SERVICES
Call/Whatsapp 08088759163
We will gladly work you through.
See packaging, do You work for them?
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by chachabae(f): 12:51am On Feb 28, 2017
Oriflame Cosmetics in Nigeria are looking for
serious minded people who are ready to
distribute their products. They will register and
serve as their Consultant in all the state of
Nigeria. Benefits attached are limitless.
Qualification not necessary because periodic
online training will be given. We will support and
guide you all through when you register.
www.oriflame.com.ng For more information, call/
whatsapp 08037749796.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by xynerise: 1:16am On Feb 28, 2017
greenpasture:
I suggest you visit the Nigerian export promotion council. Their website is www.nepc.gov.ng

Don't give up.

Please, do you know where their office is in Lagos?
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by xynerise: 1:25am On Feb 28, 2017
henribj:

go back and visit them, get them on tape, report it to efcc and post it online, make sure that the NAFDAC staffs identify themselves with their names and title o. the rest like they say is history.

I will make sure I get more information about them today. That day was just so annoying that I forgot to check all these things.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by seguno2: 2:07am On Feb 28, 2017
xynerise:

Talk to the senator, representative and state lawmaker for your constituency.
That is why they are paid so much money to represent us in government.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by seguno2: 2:09am On Feb 28, 2017
ThankYouGod:
Civil servants and exploitation are like 5&6.

They are only trying to match the public servants whom we give so much money yet they do practically NOTHING.
When we are ready, we will insist that no public servant is paid more than 10 times the highest for equivalent civil service level.

1 Like

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by seguno2: 2:12am On Feb 28, 2017
ExpiredNigeria:
Now I have completely given up in Nigeria.. turning up for and, into Yahoo yahoo.. since these people intention is not really to help us. you don't have a rich relation to help you with financing to start up after the school and failed promise of job by the so called government, now you decide to use local material or start on your own but they are discouraging you.. what nonsense a country is this..

Don't you have your own family, relatives and friends who work in the civil service and spend more than their salary to which you partake?

1 Like

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by sheffyUTD(m): 2:22am On Feb 28, 2017
@xynerise there are two sides to every story they say, but this one seems to have multiple sides. Starting with the figure you raise, it is not only ridiculous, it is highly unbelievable.

Yes, NEPC issue export license and help with procedure, but NAFDAC also play a part in ensuring quality and standard. It is really funny seeing some commenting without knowing what is involved.

The issue with most of us is rather than involving people with the right knowledge and skills, we always want to play smart and at end, they get exploited.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by mamawin(f): 3:06am On Feb 28, 2017
Expl0rers:
Mehn
Even human heads cost lesser to export.
lol are you for real?
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by henryadex(m): 3:29am On Feb 28, 2017
In fact you must pay more! Our scarce food wey we neva chop bele ful na him all of una dey carry go oyinbo place you want the poor to die of hunger because you want dollar

1 Like

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by lonelydora: 3:38am On Feb 28, 2017
xynerise:

I have always said that, Civil Servants and Bankers are more corrupt than Politicians.

1 Like

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Stdhayour: 4:07am On Feb 28, 2017
How much will Obiano now pay to export Ugwu grin
I don't know why you find it hard to mention the Office address and Na of the officials you talk to. Maybe you are already planning to go and price it to 30m cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SEC Seeks Regulation Of Digital Assets, Says $2 Trillion Crypto Can’t Be Ignored / Filling Station Sealed Over Non-compliance Of New Petrol Price / Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.